Author Topic: Does anyone think a different battle morph might be better?  (Read 3142 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
About the only way a wolf can take down a Hork-Bajir is ripping its throat out and killing it. Sometimes I wonder why she didn't choose something that could have dealt with enemies without killing them.

Does anyone else sometimes wonder if a different battle morph might suit some of the Animorphs better?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: Does anyone think a different battle morph might be better?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 05:56:31 PM »
I'm surprised that none of them chose lion, jaguar, or polar bear for frequent use. Wolf is nice, but it isn't very versatile for combat.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 05:58:17 PM »
well actually david chose lion.

and I believe the thing about cassie and her wolf morph was mentioned not only in RAF classic, but also in new RAF.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 05:59:14 PM »
well actually david chose lion.

and I believe the thing about cassie and her wolf morph was mentioned not only in RAF classic, but also in new RAF.
If you could link to a thread like that, I'd appreciate it.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 06:30:19 PM »
hmm...ok...maybe I was mistaken. false alarm. I cannot find that thread.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 06:33:33 PM »
I liked that they morphed rhino that one time, but that would've made a bad a** recurring morph.  Hippos are pretty nasty too, but they don't have the same kinda image.  They're just lazy and wear pink tutus, right? x3;

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 06:35:09 PM »
I'm surprised that none of them chose lion, jaguar, or polar bear for frequent use. Wolf is nice, but it isn't very versatile for combat.

Jaguar was a Sario Rip morph, but they may have been able to acquire it at The Gardens. Polar bear wasn't very practical because they would easily overheat, especially if they lived in Southern California.

I think they stuck with their battle morphs because they were the most familiar with them and there wasn't a need to change them.

Offline filmstu2005

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 09:35:42 PM »

I dont think we can say the wolf isn't versatile. There's a lot a wolf can do. Plus its fast, which was a point made in the RAF Classic (I remember Morfowt). So if anyone is capable of escaping and being quick, it would be the wolf.

Im sure there is a reason why KA made the wolf Cassie's personal battle morph.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 10:16:47 PM »
I always wondered about the wolf... But I think that morph does suit Cassie..

to quote Russell.. aka Esplin 9466:

"She's a lame fighter so gets a lame battle morph" Well I think thats right anyways.

Shes not really into the whole fighting thing, and if she was the tiger or bear for example, it wouldn't have made much difference anyway.
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 01:03:29 AM »
I thought that Cassie's wolf morph gave them some nice versatility in their arsenal. Remember in #37 when they all went for power as polar bears and ended up trapped? The wolf morph gives them someone fast and agile on ground, who doesn't tire for long distances. Plus, wolves are great at tracking if they're chasing something or someone in particular. It was lame in terms of raw power, but I think it was a good choice to have for a battle morph in the group.

Of course, if they could still morph T-Rexs from MM#2, then they would simply just pwn everything in sight. :P

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 01:56:09 AM »
Of course, if they could still morph T-Rexs from MM#2, then they would simply just pwn everything in sight. :P

Oh hell yes, imagine that!
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 07:08:58 AM »
Actually, I was the one who made the same thread as you, Daphnes.  :)
And for once, I totally agree with you! Why not morph jaguar or something like the wolf, only powerful? I mean, wolves are great, but not for the cage matches their battles usually come to.... most often at the latter arcs.

A wolf is good for tracking, for escape, and as a travel morph alternative for birds. In the battle group, the wolf morph provides squat to the groups's versatility.

A wolf is good at running distances, GOOD FOR ESCAPING. Sure, but why would you escape when all your other friends are in jeopardy? Don;t they need your firepower instead?

A wolf is good for tracking. WannaTeeFree? The Enemy is in your face! What's there to track?

The tiger is already agile enough.
The bear is already there for strength.
The gorilla is already nimble.
Ax doesn't need to morph.
The hawk provides hindsight.

If she doesn't really want to fight much, then maybe... let her just morph the skunk and blast of the scent to his foes! That's even more deadly esp. to the fact that Taxxons and Hork-Bajir have an enhanced sense of smell....  ;)
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 09:43:58 AM »
^Yeah, they probably should've used skunk more.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 09:46:32 AM »
If you think about it, Cassie is usually the one who ends up with the 'morph to end all morphs' in a given situation. She uses the bird-turn-into-a-whale-and-drag-the-enemy-down technique TWICE (H-B Chronicles and MM #1), for instance. Perhaps she chose her morph for its ability to get away, in case she had to storm back in with something SERIOUS later on, to bail the others out (it HAS happened...).
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 10:48:26 AM »
If you think about it, Cassie is usually the one who ends up with the 'morph to end all morphs' in a given situation. She uses the bird-turn-into-a-whale-and-drag-the-enemy-down technique TWICE (H-B Chronicles and MM #1),
she also tried that in #39, but in vain this time.