Author Topic: Does anyone think a different battle morph might be better?  (Read 3141 times)

esplin

Re: Does anyone think a different battle morph might be better?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 11:33:46 AM »
If you think about it, Cassie is usually the one who ends up with the 'morph to end all morphs' in a given situation. She uses the bird-turn-into-a-whale-and-drag-the-enemy-down technique TWICE (H-B Chronicles and MM #1), for instance. Perhaps she chose her morph for its ability to get away, in case she had to storm back in with something SERIOUS later on, to bail the others out (it HAS happened...).

yeah whats up with that, its happended quite alot with cassie, i think when you say HBC though you mean number 34 cause she wasnt in the HBC.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 01:12:39 PM »
If she doesn't really want to fight much, then maybe... let her just morph the skunk and blast of the scent to his foes! That's even more deadly esp. to the fact that Taxxons and Hork-Bajir have an enhanced sense of smell....  ;)
Yeah, a skunk would be good. It would have been great for incapacitating enemies without physically harming them. Seemingly perfect for Cassie.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 01:22:00 PM »
the problem, I doubt skunks can run that fast.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 01:35:38 PM »
the problem, I doubt skunks can run that fast.
Maybe not, but they're small and can be carried if the group needs to move quickly.

The only thing I'd be conscerned with is her running out of spray. If she ever did, she wouldn't be much use at all.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 05:25:03 PM »
cause she wasnt in the HBC.

*swats self on head*...

*face-palm, for good measure*

Thank you. ;D

We all have days like this.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline filmstu2005

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2008, 03:50:34 AM »
Lol you guys just love to hate on Cassie. She chose the wolf morph, its over and done. I personally wish she had acquired that leopard in #19 The Departure. That would be awesome

A wolf can do many things. Its not just good for escaping, although that does come in handy. Wolves aren't agile? Riiiittee. Sure a wolf cant kill with the raw power of a tiger, bear, or gorilla, but guess what? Thats the whole point. Its NOT a tiger, bear, or gorilla. The animals they morphed fit their persona.

Besides, its not like she never took down her share of Hork-Bajir and Taxxons. She did her damage.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 11:09:56 AM »
I don't hate cassie. actually I don't hate anybody in Animorphs except the helmacrons.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2008, 12:03:06 PM »
Lol you guys just love to hate on Cassie. She chose the wolf morph, its over and done. I personally wish she had acquired that leopard in #19 The Departure. That would be awesome

A wolf can do many things. Its not just good for escaping, although that does come in handy. Wolves aren't agile? Riiiittee. Sure a wolf cant kill with the raw power of a tiger, bear, or gorilla, but guess what? Thats the whole point. Its NOT a tiger, bear, or gorilla. The animals they morphed fit their persona.

Besides, its not like she never took down her share of Hork-Bajir and Taxxons. She did her damage.

YOU!
you get a prize; couldn't have said it better myself
cept for that first bad: I shall continue to hate on Cassie, and I will enjoy doing so
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2008, 12:41:38 PM »
I believe Cassie herself mentions in book 37 about them all using different battle morphs so that the team can be more versatile in a fight. In the same book, they charged into a building all as Polar Bears and barely made it out. This isn't because of the Polar Bear morph, but because there was no variety in their fighting. What if a situation required hands? (eg. using a Dracon beam) Ax and Marco are then capable of doing something about it. All their morphs have strengths and weaknesses.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2008, 12:59:56 PM »
Yea the key is definately a good mix, to be adaptable for any situation. Even if the wolf has a lot of weaknesses, its got strengths, mainly endurance. When they are in those long fights the others wear out quick and she can keep going, and she can book it across the battle and come to someones aid alot faster than anyone else.

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2008, 09:46:58 PM »
I forgot, wolves have a great sense of smell.... canines rule! Just for the added thought.
I didn't say wolves aren't agile. Its just that felines surpass canines in the agility department...  :)
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline filmstu2005

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2008, 01:54:01 AM »
Jake's "feline"  also has a couple hundred pounds of Siberian tiger on Cassie. He's also 10 feet long. I'd say Cassie was the more agile one.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008, 09:24:48 PM »
Bears' noses are hundreds of times better than canine noses, actually. In the nose department, bigger is better.

As agility goes, you are comparing apples to oranges. Seriously.

Canine muscle and feline muscle are designed in completely different ways. Cat muscle is designed to react instantly, almost reflexively, to the tiniest stimulus, with immense power. It expends all its energy all at once, so the cat has almost zero endurance over a long time.

Dog muscle is designed to be quick and strong, but most of all, it retains the maximum possible energy. It is made for long-term efficiency, to give the dog optimum stamina. It isn't as powerful or fast as a cat, pound for pound, but it CAN outlast the cat...if it survives long enough.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2008, 09:32:08 PM »
so do elephants have the best sense of smell. it looks like the biggest and longest noses.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2008, 09:34:02 PM »
Doesn't QUITE work that way. Yes, their smell-sense is amazing, but bears and vultures have it better than anything else. Elephants aren't meat-eaters, you see. Anything that eats meat will automatically be better at FINDING it. Prey animals and basic-herbivores are usually better with hearing and periferal vision, to avoid ambush.