Author Topic: GESB: Operation Cocoa Puffs  (Read 16113 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: GESB: Operation Cocoa Puffs
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2009, 06:46:54 PM »
Myitt leans over the controls, smiling, with the air of a radio jockey.  "Well, hello there, Ardiss, so glad you could join us.  And I'm especially glad that Temrash has left the communications feed wide open.  The trip should take about three hours, if you didn't hear me before.  I trust you'll find some way to pass the time.  Maybe get to know your host a bit better, huh?  Yeah, that'd be swell.  Because we aren't going to just let you run off into the hills once we land, you know."

She looks back at Breekan and Cutter, still remaining audible to the other ships.  "Which reminds me, where exactly should we go?  Cutter, you're from the United States, but I need to go someplace relatively out of the way to get what I need to do done.  The frigging planet is crawling with Imperial outposts, and the sad fact of it is, Tara's mug is sort of on the equivalent of the Yeerk Empire's most wanted list.  Doesn't matter much, of course, because I could change hosts--but then my own DNA is also stored in their security system, so I can't even get through a planetside pool scanner without gigantic neon signs and fireworks going off."  She sighs, adding blandly, "It's one of the really nice things about being a member of a species that is obsessed with controlling its citizens, right down to the tiniest details.  Right down to who can eat and who can't."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2009, 07:24:21 PM »
"I believe Myitt said travel time would be three hours. You can rummage around the ship for something interesting to do, or take a rest in the Kandrona generator. I don't suppose you'll let me borrow Christine a bit while we're on Earth? I'd like to check out the culture a little."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2009, 08:04:05 PM »
"It's a little hard to explain," Gaz said, "it's mainly instinct and knowing how to keep an eye on the computer. Like I said, though, I avoid traveling this way if at all possible."

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2009, 08:20:57 PM »
"Yeah, I can understand. My father always told me, 'If you want to find anything, use your eyes.'"

(( ;) ))
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2009, 08:25:08 PM »
"Borrow her?" Ardiss looks confused for a minute, then realizes what he is asking. Her look of befuddlement changes to incredulity, "You mean...use her?"

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2009, 10:42:54 PM »
"I'd look a bit out of place walking around as a Hork-Bajir controller. when you're in the pool, I can go with her outside to do some stuff."

<It's like he's asking to borrow the keys to your car or something.> Christine mused.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2009, 01:39:58 PM »
Myitt inspects a floating holographic map of Earth, curiously.  The dark green landmasses are dotted with glowing patches of crimson.  "Hmmm.  Southern California's off limits.  Chicago, Denver, Dallas, Detroit, Atlanta, New York, Boston...no.  London.  Paris.  Moscow, wow, big spike there.  Christ, this isn't even with the latest census reports.  Mumbai, Johannesburg, Tokyo.  Nope, nope, nope.  Sao Paolo, figures.  That one's new.  Huh."  She looks back at Breekan and Cutter.  "Either of you ever been to a city called Perth?"

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2009, 04:43:13 PM »
Breekan gets up and looks at the map. "Never heard of it. Didn't that fox guy a while back say he was from there? Or was that Pern?"

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2009, 04:47:11 PM »
"Ah," Ardiss seems incredibly uncomfortable with this idea, "I...suppose." She says, making an effort to be agreeable.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2009, 05:37:55 PM »
"Yeah, that was Pern," says Myitt as patiently as she can.  "This is Perth."  She taps the glowing air, indicating on the map.  "It's a city in Western Australia.  Relatively isolated, and the nearest preliminary Yeerk outpost is all the way over here."  She points to the southeast coast of Australia.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2009, 06:12:07 PM »
"Thanks." Temrash said. He wasn't sure if Ardiss was still being a bit antisocial as always, or if she had developed an attachment to Christine already. He himself wouldn't want another Yeerk walking around with Jagill, but they had been through decades together. Ardiss had been with Christine for hours.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2009, 01:59:15 PM »
Breek shrugs. "I don't know the area, but I say we go for it. It sounds like we're less likely to get killed there than we are most places, and that's priority number one." He squints at a map for a second and then smiles. "Hey! That little bit over there looks kind of like a boot."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2009, 03:29:17 PM »
((What is it with Myitt and landing in these really out-of-the-way nowhere towns? Then again, if she didn't she'd be screwed over. I guess rebels and nowhere towns just get along. ; ) )

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2009, 04:09:37 PM »
((Is Mar ever gonna post? :P))

Myitt laughs.  "That's a country called Italy.  Land of pizza, pasta, and um...Italians.  Tara's relatives still live there, even though the rest of her family is here, in America." She taps at the country, mostly glowing a dangerous red at both coasts and a few spots in the middle.  "And here." She shrugs and points to a spot in eastern Canada, glowing red around a prominent city.

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2009, 04:13:59 PM »
"Looks like we're just about there," Gaz said.

"That's good," Fletcher replied. "Was getting a little tired of the white."

Gaz nodded as she watched her console.