Author Topic: GESB: Operation Cocoa Puffs  (Read 16032 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
GESB: Operation Cocoa Puffs
« on: November 29, 2009, 11:36:55 PM »
((Alrighty everyone, for those who don't know, this thread is an offshoot of the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar in which several patrons have decided to visit Earth for various reasons.  

One character, USMC corporal John Cutter, is a pilot from World War II who is looking for a way home.  Unfortunately the Earth they're heading for is in 2003, in the midst of the secret Yeerk infiltration.  

Myitt One-Nine-Five is a Yeerk rebel trying to help Cutter get back home, and going to pick up some groceries--because it's a hard life living in an underground rebel base light years from a good candy bar.  She's accompanied by her human host Tara.  

Breekan1 is the pan-dimensional spawn of Crayak in the form of a gentlemanly and outrageous winged panther-like creature called a Catshife.  

Mar is pretty much the devil, but I'll let him speak for himself :P  

Ardiss and Christine, a former Imperial Yeerk and her semi-voluntary host--Ardiss has a lot of recovery to do before she's a good little citizen.

Gaz is a space pirate extraordinaire, me hearties!  

Temrash and Jagill are an ex-Imperial Yeerk and his allied Hork-Bajir host.  

Did I forget anyone?  Please let me know and I'll fix it, it's late and my brain's fuzzy :)  Same rules of common RPG courtesy and tact apply here in this spin-off.  Above all, have fun everyone!  And be sure to visit the good old Space Bar often!))

Myitt's Ship:

"Sure, Breek, come along.  Do you really think I'd invite a couple people if I didn't have chairs?" She grins.  Once she's inside the ship, she helps John aboard.  "Yes, this is my ship.  The English name for this kind of ship equates to something like a 'Bug fighter'.  I guess you can see why."  The interior is pale off-white with scuffed-up metal tiling and walls, but overall, pretty clean for a beat-up old thing.  Quite a contrast from the black-and-red, spiky insectoid exterior.  There are two hydraulic sliding doors at the back--one leads to a small storage room and a galley so small that you would hit both walls if you turned around.  The second door leads to the engines, the tiny retrofitted bathroom, and a small room with a couple of old cots on the floor.  

Behind the main array of controls, most of them manual, a giant metal chair with a hole at the lower back has been firmly bolted down into the floor.  In front of the controls, the two eyelike main plexi windows cast a faint reddish glow over the whitish control array.  Myitt takes a seat at the main controls, bringing up a large floating pale blue holoscreen and sliding icons around through the air.  The screen is translucent, partially blocking the view in between the two "eye" windows, but in a moment she slides an icon that causes the entire screen to turn transparent, actually providing a new, larger window directly through the hull of the ship and outside to the parking area.

To the left of the controls sits another seat; this one apparently came with the ship, or was much more neatly soldered on.  In front of it sits a pedestal with what looks very much like an elaborate joystick.  These are the main Dracon cannon controls.

Around the short distance from the control panel to the rear of the cabin, a few off-white metallic seats have been molded into the wall.  The seat parts fold down, much like those in an auditorium or movie theatre.  In between each seat is a small amount of space, and the seats are quite large, as if meant to fit something bigger than the average human.

"All aboard?" Myitt calls back, as restraints of liquidy, pale grey living metal snake out of the sides of her impromptu pilot seat and secure themselves around her body at the waist and more loosely at the chest.  She mutters to the computer to close the exterior hatch as soon as everyone is inside.

Myitt has sent out a wide band communications, asking everyone accompanying on the trip to Earth to reply.  To Gaz's ship she replies, "Let's get this party rolling, we're just about set.  Yeeeeee-haw!" She giggles, sounding very human.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 05:32:04 PM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: GESB: Operation Cocoa Puffs
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 11:48:48 PM »
((Note: Mar isn't actually coming on the ship with the others. He's following by his own "creative" means. If he went on the ship, he'd really piss Myitt off. XD Also...if I actually do decide to post as him on this thread, note that I will avoid combat at all costs and might only be visible to Myitt and Ossanlin. Or possibly Breekan1 because of his weird pan-dimensional nature, although that's probably not Mar's intent. ))

((Also, are we clear on whether Ossanlin and Alic are going or not? It seemed like on the Bar thread that they weren't going. ))
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 12:09:20 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 11:20:10 AM »
(I think Oss and Alic are staying. Ardiss and Christine are also coming, so they can begin a quiet life on Earth instead of working for the Empire. Ardiss belongs to terenia, but she hasn't posted so I'll be NCPing the Yeerk.)

Temrash was going over some information with Ardiss as they made their way into Z-Space. "Alright Ardiss. You will be acting as Christine when you are on earth, and be under the liberal supervision of her adoptive parents. Christine is already marked as a controller, but we will make sure no one realises you are Ardiss. All you have to do is lay low, and the Empire will likely never find you."

"Alright."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 12:16:31 PM »
((Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I wish them good luck on Earth. ; )  ))

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 01:39:12 PM »
Breekan presses his wings against his body as he enters and looks around. "Nice digs, Myitt! The liquid metal's a nice touch." He grabs one of he seats and buckles in, stretching his legs. "This is a lot less claustrophobic than one of Crayak's fighters; nicer smelling too."

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 08:43:01 PM »
((Hey, I'm coming too. I just went dark last week 'cause I was out of town.))
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 10:09:51 PM »
"I'm ready!" Said Gaz as she started up The Vagabond.

Fletcher was taking his seat on the bridge until Gaz needed him down in the engine room.

"So where are we going?" Fletcher asked.

"Earth year 2003, apparently," replied Gaz.

"Ah.." Fletcher said. "And we're going...why? It doesn't seem like the past would be of any interest to us."

"It's something to do," Gaz said. "And maybe we'll come across something on the trip there or back."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 10:35:36 PM »
"Thanks," Myitt says with a grin.  "Must be the pine scented air freshener."  She rigs a couple of wires underneath the control panels and a hanging CD player starts playing a compilation CD.  It starts out with a 1940s song by Vera Lynn, 'We'll Meet Again'. 

"Gaz, make sure you follow me out of here, I don't trust this place to send us both to the same time and place otherwise.  Make sure your ship has locked on to my signal."

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 11:15:52 PM »
"Locked on and ready," Gaz replied.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 11:19:57 PM »
"Let's kick it into high gear," says Myitt.  "God, that was corny."  She pilots her ship up off the ground and through the atmosphere of Earth, waiting for the other ships before setting the z-space course for Earth.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 11:24:10 PM »
Temrash lined his ship up with Myitt's direction, and set the tracker to keep up with her ship's location. "We are ready, Myitt."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 02:05:40 AM »
"Hey, that's Vera Lynn, isn't it?" John said as he placed his gun against the wall of the 'Bug Fighter'. Taking off his blood stained overshirt, he placed on his new one, and he said to Myitt "You got somewhere I can bin this?"

Sitting down, next to his Tommy Gun, he said to himself "I really don't know why I grabbed this thing" while he was looking at his firearm.

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 01:50:50 PM »
((Haha I'm with Claire and she's always using the word 'bin'...it's so Australian  :P))

"Yup, it is, and it's on random--what're the odds?" says Myitt with a grin.  "You can toss that in the trash incinerator through.  It's through that door, into the storage room."

To the rest of the ships in their little formation she says, "Alright, I'm setting my navigational coordinates for Earth and sending them directly to you.  Make sure you follow them and don't let your own shipboard computers set their own.  Space-time is very...well, it's thin around here.  Be on your guard."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009, 03:39:38 PM »
"Not a problem." Temrash messaged back. He turned off the autopilot and went all manual. As strange as this bar was, he felt he should definitely follow Myitt's instructions. Hopefully it wouldn't be as tricky getting back as it would be to leave.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 03:50:58 PM »
As he listens to the com chatter and counts denizens from at least five possible different realities, something worrying occurs to Breekan. "Hey Myitt, how will we know whose time or universe we're headed back to? If the Space Bar's just a wadded up bundle of alternate realities and timelines curving in on themselves, do we have any way of controlling just which transreal exit we take?"