Author Topic: GESB: Operation Cocoa Puffs  (Read 16031 times)

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
Re: GESB: Operation Cocoa Puffs
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 03:33:15 PM »
"A version of it," Gaz replied. "More advanced obviously. I think that, maybe, where we come from is a possible future for the Earth we're going to. It might be interesting to know which path this one is heading to."

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 07:40:10 PM »
"Indeed." Thordon ceased his questions, closed his eyes, and started to meditate to reflect on his experiences thus far.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2009, 01:19:57 PM »
"Technically, no, I have no idea, I've never done this sort of thing before with so many people from different places," says Myitt, tapping at the holoscreen controls.  "But I do know that this ship always gets me back to my own universe, and my coordinates are set to the same star systems and z-space shifts I'm normally used to.  So hold to something, okay?"  She contacts the other ships.  "I'm setting out, match my nav coordinates and stay on my tail." 

She punches the z-space engines into high gear, and the ship lurches for one sickening moment.  Outside, the starry expanse of space melts into blank white nothingness.  It would be difficult to tell that they were moving at all, if it weren't for the faint sensation of movement somewhere in their guts and in the lightly rumbling floor of the buglike spacecraft.  In a few moments it passes and feels no worse than a really quiet and efficient airplane ride.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2009, 01:44:11 PM »
Thordon looks at the outward displays as they "travel". He sees the the universe around him disappear into nothingness, and is surrounded in white. Even as peaceful and calm of a person as he is, Thordon's hearts began to beat faster and faster. "Wha-? What happened? Where are we? What did you do? Are we dead? Wha- ah- huh?"

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 01:47:04 PM »
"We're in what I've heard some call z-space," Gaz explained. "Where I'm from we call it the white. Don't much prefer traveling through here myself. Kinda bleak. Give me the open black with the stars. But for our destination, this is the best way to get there."

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2009, 02:08:29 PM »
Thordon calmed down a tad, "So we're still alive?" Thordon asked rhetorically and fell back into his seat. "huhh, that's a relief. I thought something went wrong. I was double-ly worried 'cause I'm not supposed to be able to die, so you can understand my panic."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2009, 02:21:37 PM »
Temrash passed into Z-Space, and could still pick up Myitt. There wasn't really much to say about Z-Space. Just a big white nothingness that drifts through real space like a river with no banks to guide it. Z-Space can be quite convenient if the rive is flowing where you want to go, but its shifting can cause unpredictable changes in travel.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2009, 04:38:34 PM »
As the ship that he was in jumped into what was called z-space, John was just walking out of the room that housed the incinerator. As the ship lurched a bit, he almost fell flat on his backside. Walking up to Myitt, he rested a hand on the back of the chair and he looked outside.

As he looked, he had to blink a couple of times, just so he could make sure that he was seeing things properly. After staring and blinking for about thirty seconds or so, he said to her "Where'd the regular space go?"

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2009, 05:01:29 PM »
"Understandable," Fletcher said after being quiet for a record amount of time. "The white's a little unsettling for first-timers. Heck, I've been in it more than a few times and it still unsettles me."

"Same here," Gaz admitted.

"What?" Fletcher said, "Rough and tough pirate captain like you?"

"I prefer stars," Gaz replied simply.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2009, 05:11:08 PM »
"I thought I asked you to sit down and buckle up?" Myitt asks with a sly smile.  "Technically real space is still there, we've just entered an extradimensional pocket of space-time known as z-space.  I really shouldn't tell you much about this, if you tell the world they'll either think you're crazy or you'll single-handedly crash the stock market.  

"Think of it this way: Imagine a piece of paper.  Your point of origin is one side of the paper, and your destination is on the opposite side.  If the paper is miles and miles long, it'll take a long time to get from one end to the other.  But if you could fold the paper into a cylinder, so that your origin and destination are almost touching, then the distance is almost nothing at all.  That's what z-space allows us to do, it lets us jump that little gap through the curvature of space-time so travel that might take many hundreds of years in real space would only take us a few hours or days in z-space.  Of course, that all depends on just how far you're going, how much z-space shifts, and there are limits--no one within known Yeerk or Andalite science has been able to transport themselves into different galaxies, for example.  Even in z-space that would take thousands of years in this old hunk of junk.  But the Space Bar makes time and space act very strangely, and seems to disregard universal entropy in some kind of buffered multidimensional bubble.  It's all quite fascinating."  She blinks at Cutter.  "I didn't lose you there, did I?"

Myitt briefly calls everyone within her linked system.  "Everyone's still with me, right?  Travel time should be..." She pauses to check her nav computer.  "...approximately three hours."

((We can skip a bit to get to Earth if everyone's on board, I just want to make sure everyone gets a chance to say what they want to say in the marshmallowy world of z-space :) ))

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2009, 05:31:02 PM »
"Vagabond's still here," Gaz said. "Everyone's doing good on my end of things. Haven't thrown Fletcher out yet."

"Maybe I WILL go to the engine room," Fletcher said, "can't get me down there. I know you wouldn't leave your bridge."

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2009, 05:46:17 PM »
Breekan gazes out the window, appreciating the novelty of being able to observe Z-Space without panic. He wonders idly what Shal and Keirdan might be up to, but decides not to worry about it, knowing the time's passed for him to be able to do anything. He glances over at John and offers a hand. "So John, tell me about yourself. You said something in the bar about being a warrior of some kind?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2009, 06:04:45 PM »
(I've said my thing about Z-Space. Terenia hasn't posted for Ardiss, but i don't know if Ardiss would have much to say. I guess I could say something for Christine, but it doesn't matter.)

"We are all here Myitt. The ride has been as smooth as any trip through Z-Space. I guess if enough people concentrate hard enough, and pray to whatever they pray to, the bar will let them pass."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2009, 06:23:49 PM »
Ardiss watches as the ship translates from regular into Zero-space, showing little interest.

"How long will this trip take?" She asks.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2009, 06:46:11 PM »
"Well, I'd prefer stars as well, how do you know you're even moving in here? You can't really navigate, can you?"