Author Topic: If Earth Went Kaboom  (Read 5243 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
If Earth Went Kaboom
« on: February 27, 2009, 10:42:24 PM »
If Earth exploded or otherwise became unlivable, where would you want to move?

Keep in mind that moving the human race there means coexisting with the habitat and current residents!

Initially I would pick the Andalite World, since it's most like Earth, but I'm not sure how the Andalites would feel about humanities city-building polluting ways.

Maybe Leera, since the continents are unused anyhow. I'm sure the Leerans wouldn't mind us colonizing those areas...

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
Re: If Earth Went Kaboom
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 10:57:24 PM »
I had to pick Iskoort, just because their buildings are so freaking awesome.  Yes, I realize I'd have to live with the residents, but after you got used to the annoying factor, the Iskoort race might almost be cool.  I mean, a race that will trade anything for anything?  If you had stuff they liked, you could get pretty much any odd random thing you wanted.  And I happen to really like odd random things.  Finally, they mentioned in #26 that the Iskoort world is a place that all the random alien races of the galaxy hang out, so I would get to meet all the other cool aliens.

Point is, Iskoort world = win.  I would so live there.  Right now.  I wouldn't even wait for earth to go boom.

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 11:27:38 PM »
If the Yeerks were still a problem, I'd agree with Dino on the Iskoort thing. She makes a lot of good point. But, if the Yeerks were no longer a threat, I'd go live with the Hork-Bajir. Food could be a probem, but I'm sure that Father Deep's monsters would taste fine with some barbeque sauce...
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline CDJV

• Sadist :)
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 11:33:38 PM »
I'd go to the Hork-Bair world too, sicne I'm assuming this is after they've been defeated. And if ther's not enough room down there, I'm sure the Andalites could help us build some sort of colony on the non-valley area.

Offline Aleron

• Thunder and Lightning
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 01:14:37 AM »
Andalite.  I always figured humans would be kind of famously misconceived there after the war.   Like you always hear about the US's reputation in Japan.

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 01:51:21 AM »
i reckon that leera would be the best choice, mainly cos the continents are unused, but the iskoort world is a close second

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 02:11:27 AM »
I'd say find an alternative world where humans could begin building massive cities (a la Corsucant)

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 06:55:20 AM »
The Andalite homeworld, apparently there are entire portions of it left unused because it doesnt suit Andalite needs, there are few animal species so we wouldn't be destroying the local ecology by introducing chickens (Cows might be too similar to Andalites to survive where Andalites can't) for our carnivorous needs.

Of course our very nature would have us asking why we can't build on the grazing land, then eventually going to war with the Andalites because they dared to be different . . . (sigh) then depending on how much of their technology we've absorbed we either wipe them out or get wiped out by a single dome ship in space while captain Joe Andalite laughs maniacally, and forces surviving humans to bake him cinnamon buns!

Leera would be my next choice because the Leerans don't use the land so we could have it, but then I remembered, weren't their lands actually blown up to make them useless to the yeerks? Even if the land itself remains intact it might be heavily radiated.

The Taxxon world might work since there aren't any Taxxons anymore . . . but it sounds like a pretty cruddy place, all desert? Sounds like Utah, the boring old place I live and imagining it as an entire planet instead of one single state is depressing.

The Hork-Bajir would slaughter us for cutting down their trees to make houses and football stadiums.
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 08:06:44 AM »
Toss up between Leera and Iskoort. On one hand, a land based species might be able to easily peacefully coexist with an aquatic species. I don't think that would be too hard.

On the other hand, the Iskoort homeworld is so totally awesome! There's a guild for just about everything you could imagine.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline dolphin4077

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 11:27:31 AM »
I would pick the Hork-Bajir for the inhabitants, but my vote is for the Andalite homeworld.  I figure as long as the humans living there have some cooking skills, we'll be ok.  Besides, the level of health care must be amazing (except for denstistry). 

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 11:42:35 AM »
I would pick the Hork-Bajir for the inhabitants, but my vote is for the Andalite homeworld.  I figure as long as the humans living there have some cooking skills, we'll be ok.  Besides, the level of health care must be amazing (except for denstistry). 

lol, I agree with all of the above. Hork-Bajir are are nicer race, but I think I'd eventually become irritated by the lack of intelligent conversation. The trees there sound awesome, but I wouldn't like all the uphill walking I'd have to do there...

The Andalite homeworld sounds like the best bet. The civilians were said to be nicer than those in the military so that should be fine. Also, I could give them the wonders of salt, grease and chocolate in exchange for cool technology and a nice place to live.

Leera sounds like a bad idea since there would be very little land mass left due to the destruction of the main continent in #18.

So yeah, overall I'd say the Andalite world is the best option for humanity. Unless another ideal world with no inhabitants was available.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 01:14:41 PM »
Food could be a probem, but I'm sure that Father Deep's monsters would taste fine with some barbeque sauce...

HAHAHAHAHA

do we have to pick those choices? or can we choose other things?
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 01:35:55 PM »
Food could be a probem, but I'm sure that Father Deep's monsters would taste fine with some barbeque sauce...

HAHAHAHAHA

do we have to pick those choices? or can we choose other things?

That's why there's an "other" option on the poll. Just make sure you tell us what it is!

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 01:38:55 PM »
Anati!
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 02:26:33 PM »
Anati!

Isn't that the planet we know nothing about?  :P
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!