Author Topic: If the yeerks really invaded earth...  (Read 15039 times)

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
If the yeerks really invaded earth...
« on: June 09, 2008, 08:41:56 PM »
If the Yeerks where really invading earth in a full scale assault, and the Animorphs where around, what would you do? Fight? hide? what?
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
Re: If the yeerks really invaded earth...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 08:47:47 PM »
fight, no other option, i sure would prefer to have some morphing powers but oh well, beggers cant be choosers, and sci fi earth armies cant be too well armed

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 09:14:14 PM »
Probably try and find a way to join the YPM and become a voluntary controller for a nice Yeerk who is not a power-control sadistic freak.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 09:15:23 PM »
why would you want to be infested? thats just crazy talk, you can still be part of a resistance w/o being a controller

Offline nothlitlifestyles

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 09:24:51 PM »
My first reaction would most likely include balling up under the covers for a while but when pushed Id like to believe I would fight, definitely wouldnt want the human race to be enslaved

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 10:37:26 PM »
I would go rachel style.
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 10:39:29 PM »
since there is no way we could compete with alien technology, and with the thought of free or dead, i would probably go into the yeerk pool guns-a-blazin and try to take out as many as i could
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline Reaper

• I seal my promises with a fist...
    • FictionPress - Reaper
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 11:09:49 PM »
That would depend. If I had the ability to morph, I'd find a useful and strong bird, find out where Visser Three tends to be, find myself a sniper and shoot that bastard from a mile away...preferably with an M82. Failing that, turn into a Hork Bajir and go crazy. And if I didn't have the ability to morph, go down to the gunstore, hole up there with a couple of mates and shoot anything that comes through the door, controller or not.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 11:54:57 PM »
Fight if I could morph, Hide with people with guns if I couldn't morph, Hide with the Chee if I couldn't morph and stumbled into one and recognised him, Die if all else fails (preferably by painless morphine overdose or a nice, quick, clean bullet, either one administered by my adoring Dad, who'd never let me be a Controller...he's a very '2nd Amendment, over-my-dead-body' type).

What can you do, y'know?
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 12:03:36 AM »
why would you want to be infested? thats just crazy talk, you can still be part of a resistance w/o being a controller

Because I get lonely inside my head all by myself!

Besides, I have a very negative view of humanity in general and doubt that we would be saved - Animorphs or no. So when its all said or done and humanity is enslaved I'd rather have a nice alien in my head than a mean one.

Wow, I never realized I was such a defeatest before. Now I've depressed myself.

Well, if I could morph or something I would go Rachel style, totally. But only if I felt like I had some sort of weapon.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 12:05:49 AM by Terenia »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Qwerty the Charliecorn

• The cannibalistic pipe-dweller
  • Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 12:11:54 AM »
I'd form a resistence by freeing as many hosts as possible, while still risking infestation. There's at least one way you could fake infestation...

After freeing them, along with a few adults, who'd (hopefully) be willing to join me, we'd leave the state and go from place to place freeing people.
If you are not in my avatar, and would like to be, or if you changed your name and avatar and would like me to update it, PM me. I cannot add or change anyone at the moment as I lost the file I use for this, but if people still want in, I'll work on it.

I am RAFmarried to my sweet shnukums, Rachel. ;D

Offline Reaper

• I seal my promises with a fist...
    • FictionPress - Reaper
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 01:06:59 AM »
why would you want to be infested?

Because I get lonely inside my head all by myself!

Oh man....think if a Yeerk took over someone with MPS (Multiple Personality Syndrome). That would be awesome. Either you wouldn
't be alone, or someone would overpower and rape the slug.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 01:23:38 AM »
I'd commit suicide. (well I would)

Offline Kelly

• Gold Donor
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 01:26:32 AM »
I'd commit suicide. (well I would)
hahaha i like your honesty!
I would hide.
If friends/family were in direct danger I would fight to save them, but I think if they all died and I was living in complete fear and everyone I cared for was gone, i'd also commit suicide.
"I always considered myself a loner. I mean, not like a poor-me, Byron-esque, I-should-have-broughta-swimming-buddy loner. I mean the sort of person who doesn’t feel too upset about the prospect of a weekend spent seeing no one, and reading good books on the couch. It wasn’t like I was a people hater or anything. I enjoyed activities and the company of friends. But they were a side dish. I always thought I would also be happy without them."

- Harry Dresden/Jim Butcher, Ghost Story.

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 04:05:47 AM »
Well, while i was reading those posts, some people don't seem to understand the concept of fear. Suuuure.... you say these things, fight like Rachel or stuff, but i bet the sight of a single Hork-Bajir slashing his razor blades at you will keep you in nightmares for weeks (unless you're in predator morph, which is unlikely). I have been close to dying, no, not dying by sickness, actual near being dead, being killed by an animal, and I can tell you, fear can eat you out. It's like you want to beg not to die. It's not easy going Rachel, even with morphing power, believe me.
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th