Author Topic: If the yeerks really invaded earth...  (Read 15038 times)

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
Re: If the yeerks really invaded earth...
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 04:08:32 AM »
which is why I said I'd commit suicide.

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 04:11:54 AM »
Well, while i was reading those posts, some people don't seem to understand the concept of fear. Suuuure.... you say these things, fight like Rachel or stuff, but i bet the sight of a single Hork-Bajir slashing his razor blades at you will keep you in nightmares for weeks (unless you're in predator morph, which is unlikely). I have been close to dying, no, not dying by sickness, actual near being dead, being killed by an animal, and I can tell you, fear can eat you out. It's like you want to beg not to die. It's not easy going Rachel, even with morphing power, believe me.

I'll just quote it, in case anyone will miss this reply. Yeah, the most realistic, but not to mention depressing, choice is yours, morfowt. Some people just accept it. But isn't it better to live a fearful life than end one? Ehh... now i don't really understand what's better....  ???
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 04:25:31 AM »
But isn't it better to live a fearful life than end one?

is that a trick question?

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 04:43:25 AM »

is that a trick question?

Now that you mention it, i really do not know. Hmmm... maybe suicide is just against my morals, but... i don't know. There might still be hope. After all, a handful of morph capable guerilla warriors are out there fighting.  ;)
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 04:45:39 AM »
the topic was if the yeerks were really invading earth. didn't say the animorphs were fighting. If I knew the animorphs were fighting, I might just mind my own business, pretending not to know. If they weren't fighthing, I'd commit suicide.

Edit: never mind. apparently I didn't read the first post carefully enough. Ok I change my mind. I'd just go on pretending nothing's happening, because after all, the invasion's a secret.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 04:47:22 AM by morfowt »

Offline Mongoose

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 04:47:02 AM »
I'd like to say fight, but lets be honest, I'm not a soldier, I've never been in a fight, I've never fired a real gun and I've never encountered an alien. So right now I don't think I'm the best person to fight. I would definitely join the resistance, but my contribution to the war would most likely be working the kitchen or the stockroom. Possibly become a medic if I can get the training.
We can't all ride in and save the day.
You should never go in there without a mongoose. (James Bond, Live and Let Die)

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 04:49:28 AM »
@ morfowt: I read something at the first post that some morph capable kids were fighting the war too, just like the animorphs. The situation is just we are one of the civilians, except the fact that we know about the invasion, or did i read it wrong again?  :P

But if there were no Animorphs around, and we would have to depend on the Andalites. I would kiss the person I really cherish the most then let myself go whatever happens (most likely die). In other words, Prolonged Suicide.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 04:52:57 AM »
No, apparently I read it wrong. And I'd just go on pretending nothing's happening.

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 05:06:12 AM »
Yeah, sorry, I didn't read the Edit...  :P There are 4 possible things we could react if we knew it.

1. The morfowt way. Pretend nothing is happening (This still kind of sounds like suicide to me  ;D)
2. The Mongoose way. Like what the campers at "The Resistance" did. Let's just hope no one flukes like the camper father.
3. The Rachel way. Act as a soldier. Part of the human shock troops. This is kind of rare. Fear can get into you. Believe me. Been there. Not Pleasant at all.
4. Surrender to the Yeerks.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 05:08:58 AM »
number 4 is about as low as you can get, if you ask me.

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 05:13:05 AM »
Yeah, well, as Marco said, some people are just scum.  :-\ They'd do anything just to live, even be a part of something that will kill millions (or billions).

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 07:34:20 AM »
Like I said, I'm still going with lowly #4. Especially if there's some way I can get in with the YPM. If not...I guess I'd pretend nothing is happening as long as possible or try to help out in little ways. Looking back, yeah the Rachel thing is a tad unrealistic. I'm more of a Marco anyways. I don't come up with ideas, but I poke holes in them a whole lot. So if I were to resist I suppose I could somehow use that...

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Mongoose

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 07:43:45 AM »
Like I said, I'm still going with lowly #4. Especially if there's some way I can get in with the YPM. If not...I guess I'd pretend nothing is happening as long as possible or try to help out in little ways. Looking back, yeah the Rachel thing is a tad unrealistic. I'm more of a Marco anyways. I don't come up with ideas, but I poke holes in them a whole lot. So if I were to resist I suppose I could somehow use that...

Something tells me that even if you agree to become a host they don't have some computer dating type system to match you up with your ideal Yeerk partner. And even if they did I doubt you could ask for one that is considered a traitor.
You're the one who likes poking holes in other people's plans. :P
You should never go in there without a mongoose. (James Bond, Live and Let Die)

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 07:45:19 AM »
looks like mongoose just poked a hole in your plan.

Offline musicman88

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 09:47:32 AM »
I would gather together as many cans of food as I could along with a few guns and whatnot and go hide in a cave for as long as possible.
YOU'RE WINNER !