Author Topic: If the yeerks really invaded earth...  (Read 15040 times)

Offline SuperBlue

• God
Re: If the yeerks really invaded earth...
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2008, 11:40:55 AM »
I would fight and hide at the same time(If I had the morphing power I'd actually do a lot of hiding ;D and fight whenever there wasn't another option or if it was a battle I though I'd be able to win)
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 04:57:52 PM »
I know i would be terrified. i would be scared to death. but i would still fight. even the Animorphs, even Rachel were scared to death. but they still fought. like Rachel said,

"Courage is not about not being scared. It's about being scared to death and still doing it anyway."
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline wolfev

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2008, 10:06:17 PM »
As a joke I'd pour a large amount of salt in the yeerk pool. Seriously why didn't anyone think of that?
The idea of a guerrilla war is interesting though. I mean, it is impossible to win a guerrilla style war so the yeerks could not possible win. Furthermore, wouldn't defeating the yeerk in your head just be as simple as taking a large does of some drug. Not enough to kill the human, just to kill the slug. I really don't know what I'd do though. You can never really tell what someone will do if their life is on the line. I guess I would fight, but I don't think there would be any enlisting for me. Just not my style. Honestly I wouldn't sell people out, but I would prefer to take the yeerks out my own way. Like maybe with explosives or something like that. If the animorphs actually were real and fighting this war in real life, I would be amazed that they never really cracked.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 01:43:50 AM »
i myself would stock up on guns, ammo, food and hide for as long as possible... when i run out of food, I'll go out all guns a-blazin'!

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 05:49:39 AM »
Yeah, Courage is like that, but how would you fight? Its not like those morph capable people will trust you the morphing power to fight alongside them. After all, you might be a controller just asking for morphing power.

And its not like you can directly attack the Yeerk Pool or base either, You would die ten minutes before you got to the entrance. How the hell will you get high calibre guns and explosives to blow up the Yeerk Pool Anyway?

Plus, the courage thing. Sure, Courage is beating your fear even if its there. But I doubt anyone could suddenly jst fight that fear. You will see what I mean when you know you are about to get KILLED. NOT DIE. KILLED. You really don't know how you would just love to beg to your killer, "Please don't kill me." Believe me, I've been there. Not that easy. The Animorphs were forced to fight because they were haunted by knowledge and responsibility, recieving the powers. They had no choice, plus they can defend themselves.

If it was me, I would try to help too, but not Rachel style. After all, I use my head, I know I can't directly fight the Yeerks Rachel style. Like, be a food supplier for soldiers. Or just plain hide. That would be the most probable reaction I could do.

Anyway, if the Yeerks win, humans will have a choice either to get burned by Andalites or be slaves of the Yeerks. That would be time for suicide.
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2008, 04:54:40 PM »

Anyway, if the Yeerks win, humans will have a choice either to get burned by Andalites or be slaves of the Yeerks. That would be time for suicide.

which is why i would fight.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2008, 06:56:31 PM »
I would be a reporter for a  yeerk-free news service, getting the truth out there to everyone about what exactly's going on.
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Almighty Queen

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2008, 07:30:10 PM »
I'd probably fight.  8)
What's Your Flava? - Craig David

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2008, 07:44:51 PM »
I'd probaly organize a resistance and battle the yeerks guerrila style, using jit and run tactics.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2008, 07:46:34 PM »
I would be a reporter for a  yeerk-free news service, getting the truth out there to everyone about what exactly's going on.

I'm going to continue my existence under the assumption that that was a joke. :)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2008, 10:26:40 PM »
I would take a rapier and go to a room full of taxxons and, well, you get the idea. ;)

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Xan

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • It's a Trap!
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 10:44:29 PM »
I would take a rapier and go to a room full of taxxons and, well, you get the idea. ;)

Any shotgun is infintiely better against Taxxons than a rapier. Even a 20 gauge with birdshot.

If I found out, I would definately fight guerilla style. I live in the South so acquiring fully automatic and high power rifles arent a big deal. An AK-47 round does more than enough damage to incapacitate or 1 shot kill a Hork-Bajir. However me, I find Visser 3's feeding spot and stake it out. When he feeds in Andalite form, 1 shot from a concealed spot about 400 yards away. Imagine what a .338 Lapua Magnum round would do to an Andalite head.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2008, 03:56:11 AM »
Imagine what a .338 Lapua Magnum round would do to an Andalite head.

hmmm....that got me thinking. would that automatically kill the yeerk. normally when the host dies, the yeerk survives. However, if like you said, the blow was to the head, would it kill the yeerk as well?

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2008, 05:20:35 AM »
Yeerk+ host... killed....

Getting into a room full of Taxxons with a rapier and a shotgun... is suicide. The stench would kill you.
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2008, 06:26:18 AM »
I live in the South so acquiring fully automatic and high power rifles arent a big deal.

i live in frankston down the road from a gun shop... they have a bloody M-82 A1 (.50 caliber sniper rifle) for **** sake

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'