Author Topic: Favorite Animorph  (Read 18687 times)

Offline dragonarmy

• Livejournal
Re: Favorite Animorph
« Reply #210 on: February 14, 2010, 11:54:44 AM »
I know what you mean I felt sad about that.

But I have made a huge desc of Tobias and I have always wanted to do a rp with him on YIM(Yahoo Instent Messanger.) but I haven't found anyone yet to rp it with me.

Slightly off-topic, but what kind of RP do you do? Lit or IM/action-based?
You were brave. You were good. You mattered.

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
  • your daily dose of skepticism
« Reply #211 on: February 14, 2010, 07:05:33 PM »
such a tough question~ i admire all of the animorphs...

but i'll stick with jake. the whole 'responsibility' thing- gotta give him credit for toughing it out. wish i had the balls to make half the decisions he made.

oddly, although i believe i have the most in common with cassie, i find it hardest to relate to her.  :-\
“The President and a small group of people know exactly what he meant."

Offline Librarylass

« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2010, 12:39:45 AM »
Rachel. As a child, I admired her tenacity and her perseverance, and I identified with her impulsiveness.
As a teenager, when realized I was a girl, I spent weeks trying to find my name. I liked Sophia at first, but it was too pretty, and fit better as a middle name.
Then one day, I was going through my old things, and saw my books, and I knew that my name would be Rachel, and that I would try to live up to her bravery and beauty.

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
« Reply #213 on: February 19, 2010, 04:03:28 PM »
:D

i think that's so cool. =)

just sayin'.

also- i laugh to know that tobias is leading the poll by as much as he is. i feel as though there might be some sort of population bias, here...

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #214 on: February 19, 2010, 05:08:29 PM »
Yeah, I've noticed he gets called emohawk and wangsty in TV tropes and such, but he still seems popular here. Also Rachel has shot ahead of Jake and Cassie. That's nice. Much sympathies for the one called the Blood Knight and psycho.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 05:10:01 PM by Chad28 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Vanish

« Reply #215 on: February 20, 2010, 10:22:49 AM »
:D

i think that's so cool. =)

just sayin'.

also- i laugh to know that tobias is leading the poll by as much as he is. i feel as though there might be some sort of population bias, here...

I don't understand everyones obsession with Tobias he's just okay to me  :-\
O(o_o)O

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
« Reply #216 on: February 20, 2010, 10:55:24 AM »
^^; i have no idea, to be honest. i find it hard to relate to tobias. my family was pretty solid growing up, and i didn't need to 'get away' or anything. and, well, all the rest of the obvious things: no major deaths among my family or friends, no war to fight...

i have my suspicions about the tobias group but then, when cassie is as 'unpopular' as she is? *shakes head*

kinda weird, imho.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #217 on: February 20, 2010, 06:26:03 PM »
I relate to tobias because he was bullied more than anything else. My family is ok too, but I did go through a lot of harrassment at school.

I don't like Cassie because she's willing to screw over anyone and anything if it means going against her personal beliefs. She tries too hard not to change. When you basically give the world the middle finger so you can sleep better at night, then there is something wrong.

I also don't like how fans give her credit for ending the war by doing something totally stupid in book 50 that could have and should have gone so wrong. They say she saved the world by doing something stupid with absolutely no forethought.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
« Reply #218 on: February 20, 2010, 06:53:06 PM »
humm... i'll have to read #50 again. >____> i kinda like how you summarized her character, though; i think i can understand it better, now, actually. =o (and then, your vehemence makes me want to start a "your least favorite animorph" thread. but maybe that would be too negative. O___o)

and what you say is kinda in-line with my thinking- with regards to why people here like tobias so much. i get the feeling that some of us have some bad childhood issues and enjoy this series AND tobias' character for their ability to either 'get away' and/or take us away. it's all about imagination. i know i still use animorphs as an escape.

Offline comet266

« Reply #219 on: February 20, 2010, 10:31:28 PM »
I think even after all these years, I cannot pick one character that I liked the best from the series.  I liked aspects of each character for sure, but as an individual, there was nothing that made one stand out from the rest.  I also found that I couldn't identify with one character in particular, but I could relate to different character traits of each one.  I think this is why the the animorphs were appealing as a whole group...together they represented a lot of great strengths and weaknesses and formed sort of a more balanced representation.  Maybe it's the fact that the characters were sometimes portrayed as a little one-dimensional?

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
« Reply #220 on: February 21, 2010, 12:04:30 AM »
i'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and say two-dimensional, but only because -on occasion- you could see a second dimension through the eyes of each character as s/he narrated his/her books. =) but i agree with you; without even one of the characters, the group lost a huge dynamic.

Offline comet266

« Reply #221 on: February 22, 2010, 09:52:58 PM »
i'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and say two-dimensional, but only because -on occasion- you could see a second dimension through the eyes of each character as s/he narrated his/her books. =) but i agree with you; without even one of the characters, the group lost a huge dynamic.

I guess I'll give you that.  I mean we all know that Rachel is a conglomerate of 'Mean Rachel' and 'Nice Rachel' hahaha...

Offline AndaliteWarrior100

• This is the best picture I could find of myself.
    • What is a website?
« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2010, 04:39:27 PM »
Rachel is the name of my Cuz, just spelled different. Marco would've been my fave if I hadn't met Tobias and Ax first, Tobias is under Ax, I LOVE Andalites and Hork-Bajir, but I identified Tobias as the Animorphs only Nothlit of a hawk, so he is my second fave I guess.
I am an Andalite. What is a Signature.

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #223 on: March 05, 2010, 02:13:30 PM »
My Favorite Animorph would have to have been Ax. I loved discovering all of the little quirky human mannerisms that I never knew we had and I liked doing it through the eyes of someone who had no idea what they meant.
Meh.

Offline chellerue

« Reply #224 on: April 24, 2010, 11:50:38 PM »
My favorite animorph is Cassie. Shocking, huh? After I read The Departure, I think Cassie is simply amazing. She was compassionate and understanding to Aftran whereas Rachel, Marco, Ax, and maybe even Tobias and Jake would have killed her along with Karen without any hesitation. Maybe what Cassie did wasn't logical. Maybe it was dumb to majority of people. But I think Jake said it best: I don't want to live in a world where people don't try the stupid, crazy, hopeful thing sometimes." Her moralizing just shows that she cares about life. She cares beyond herself. She was different.  Now, I'm not saying she didn't have flaws. All of them did. But I just admire her the most.

And Tobias is a very close second. I relate to him the most.