Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333824 times)

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #13950 on: February 01, 2011, 02:00:02 PM »
Since sitting down at the bar, Fiona has somehow obtained a box of straws. She pulls each one out of the box and stacks them on the counter, forming a shape that is vaguely box-like. Every now and then, someone bumps the bar and the structure collapses. She just sighs and calmly begins rebuilding. The door has apparently been forgotten for the moment.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #13951 on: February 01, 2011, 02:36:47 PM »
The trees were getting thicker and thicker, and suddenly, they stopped. Iosse approached a clearing. He could see a building a little ways away. And ships. He couldn't see anything from here, but he could smell. And he smelled many, many active creatures. Maybe some were dangerous. Maybe some were an easy meal. He couldn't tell for sure though. He decided to wait behind the tree line, and watch. I'm so hungry... but it's not safe. Have to wait. Maybe there is other food.... Maybe.

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #13952 on: February 01, 2011, 04:16:38 PM »
Silver had opted to wait outside the ship. Just because the air would help her keep a clear head so she didn't keep her promise and lop the froif thing a good one. If anything she noticed he tried to get w scan on her. Just instinct told her that. She had smirked at that. It was probably because of her staff. He wouldn't he able to figure out how it worked. He could get what it did like throwing fire or lightening. She could even shoot ice through it if she wanted. But he would never figure it out.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #13953 on: February 01, 2011, 08:38:25 PM »
The human female never answered our question. We presumed she left to wait for the Andalite to return.

Theta-Pi was in a strange predicament. Never before had he –– they –– had to deal with nothing. Absolutely NOTHING. Usually, if they were not ordered to do something they would either regenerating or listening to comm traffic. Now, all they heard was the few voices of their remaining subordinates...

He walked up to the counter, <Would you like to be assimilated now?>

The bartender simply polished a glass.

<Nevermind that. We need nourishment. Normally we would not ask for this, but being disconnected from the collective and all...>

He ignored him...

<I require a hyperstore of mechanouline.>, I demanded.

He looked at me curiously.

I turned away and looked out the doorway...
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #13954 on: February 01, 2011, 08:50:16 PM »
Keshin idly sips her beer, wandering toward the forest. The forest seems to be an empty enough place to sit and drink. It isn't far, and she can always wander back to her ship if there's more on this asteroid than she bargained for. Before she makes it into the woods however, Keshin spots...a person sitting on the ground, slightly slanted. Keshin frowns and wanders forward. Her eyes widen in surprise as she notes that the man is wounded.

"Are...are you hurt?" states Keshin, frowning. "Your host seems vaguely familiar, like I saw you at a meeting once."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 08:55:15 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #13955 on: February 01, 2011, 08:53:36 PM »
Corliss turns, despite a protesting spike of pain in his spine, and he stares at Keshin, wide-eyed.

His haunted look is followed by his composure of his slack-jawed human features.

"You...you shot me," he whispers, trying to back away from Keshin.  Utterly vulnerable.  "If you...if you would destroy me, I have no defense.  I will gladly go to my death with honor."  His voice is raspy as he stares up at the bounty hunter, his heart in his head.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #13956 on: February 01, 2011, 09:01:54 PM »
Keshin stares at the man before her with a look of utter confusion. This guy was wounded, yes. But Keshin definitely didn't recall shooting him, here or anywhere else. The best she had was some vague sense that they'd met before. That was really it. Joanne hadn't seen anyone like this guy either. So obviously he's a little cracked.

Keshin puts her hands on her hips and rolls her eyes. "Look. This place is weirding me out enough as it is. If you are in fact a Yeerk, I can tell you that I didn't shoot the host you're in recently, if at all. I certainly don't remember the incident. I'm just trying to have a drink."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #13957 on: February 01, 2011, 09:09:24 PM »
"I am of the Yeerk people," Corliss gasps, still feeling the sharp pain in his host's head.  "My name is Corliss Three-Eight-Two, of the Taiyon Yerralash pool.  And I know you."  He searches Keshin's gaze.  "Don't you remember?"  His tone is one of someone defeated.  Defenseless.  Ready for death.  But he still stares up at the bounty hunter, incredulous.  If there is some way he and his host will escape alive...

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #13958 on: February 01, 2011, 09:25:48 PM »
Keshin shakes her head and laughs in a slightly imperious way. Her posture is composed and arrogant. This random space asteroid rebel bum thinks she'd remember him out of all the people she's shot? He's got nerve. And if he thinks she shot him earlier, he's just crazy. But his name sounds very familiar now. Keshin squints at him, trying to jog her memory.

"You're from the same pool as one of my more powerful subordinates," mutters Keshin offhandedly. "Might be one of his brothers for all I know. That might be why I seem to remember your name. Did you ever know a Sub-Visser named Myitt One-Nine-Five?"

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #13959 on: February 01, 2011, 09:30:48 PM »
"I knew the name," whispers the Yeerk.  "He is my brother, although as I know him he is not a Sub-Visser.  A powerful creature, but not quite of that rank."  Corliss' eyes narrow curiously.  "Who are you?"

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #13960 on: February 01, 2011, 09:41:15 PM »
((Can't remember his number, but let's say that's it. :P ))

Keshin almost can't resist blurting it all out. His rank, his title, his life that he has worked for years to gain. But once again, he has to remind himself that he came here on vacation. To get his alcohol. He did not come here to discuss the finer points of his existence with one of Myitt's hundreds of possible brothers.

Keshin scoffs slightly at Corliss. "Look, whoever you were to him...I don't know you. At all. I am a relatively decent Visser and I know your brother. I'm basically alone, and I need a drink. And my name is Keshin Eight-Four-Two. That's really all you need to know."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #13961 on: February 01, 2011, 11:16:18 PM »
"Then you do not know who I am?" Corliss demands.  "You do not know..."  A smile breaks across his face, despite the pain.

"Of course.  Keshin.  Well met.  Why does a brother Yeerk find himself so far from the Empire, as myself?"
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 01:23:21 AM by Myitt »

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #13962 on: February 02, 2011, 04:31:46 AM »
Ossanlin ****s his head at Temrash, still a bit dizzy but in command of the greater portion of his faculties.  <I...see.  Efaen is not a nothlit then?>  Ossanlin looks around, attempting to locate Terenia.  He sees a door that he imagines might lead to where Terenia is being held.  <May I?>  Ossanlin looks at the door questioningly and then back at Temrash.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #13963 on: February 02, 2011, 10:17:48 AM »
Keshin glances off, as if the reason makes her self-conscious. She takes another long sip of her glass. "My host is an alcoholic. It's a problem I never really fixed, since I don't have time to force us through the recovery process. Instead I either find ways to import drinks or access various bars like this one. Plus, to be honest, the job is rewarding but tiring. I honestly haven't the slightest idea how I found this place, though. It's a dapsen hellhole."

Keshin raises an eyebrow. "What I want to know is why I stuck out in your memory. Have I taken the time to try and kill you before? And how did you get that injured on an asteroid in the middle of nowhere?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #13964 on: February 02, 2011, 10:54:04 AM »
"Go ahead. She's been quiet these past few minutes. Maybe she's getting some rest." Temrash said. "She threatened to kill Efaen if I didn't let her reinfest, though how is kind of an involved story. I let Efaen out in the hopes that she'd find a comfortable spot and go to sleep, which she did, but Terenia was adamant about finding her. Dara let her use him, and she held his blade at efaen's throat to keep me from stunning Dara. I'm afraid she's just as likely to kill someone now as she was when you took Tamora to her."

Ani-Master 2014!