Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 361168 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #10380 on: September 15, 2010, 09:41:00 AM »
((Sorry guys, will post later tonight--Jessi or Marie, feel free to Yeerk Myitt and Corliss ^_^))

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #10381 on: September 15, 2010, 01:38:21 PM »
Salem smiled. "Right down to business. Okay. In my eyes this makes us even. You didn't turn me in to the Imperials, I didn't let you stay in the care of those rebels without a clue. Of course, I'm not sure the Yeerks that were after me would have let you live if you had turned me in." He winced thinking about recent events. "Getting you out was supposed to go smoother than it did."

"Anyway, I do need to talk to you. I need two members of the Andalite Electorate taken out. I was planning to try it myself, but after seeing you in action, I'm thinking it's up to you whether to help or not. Either way, I'm looking for pointers in the way of people that might help by joining me or fronting equipment or... anything, really. It's not going to be an easy operation, and I'm not used to going after high-ranking officials without government support."

Al rolled his eyes and called from his seat, "You ****ting me? That's what all this is about? You realize that's both stupid and crazy, right?"
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 01:40:16 PM by Aluminator »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #10382 on: September 15, 2010, 01:55:38 PM »
(That's funny, because Temrash may not be totally against something like that. Though Hadrin may have pitched a fit, and there's no way he'd be able to say that within earshot of Ossanlin.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #10383 on: September 15, 2010, 06:22:33 PM »
Ossanlin winces a bit as the liquid is injected into his body, now breathing normally again.  Inside...the neural imbalances are starting to work themselves out.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #10384 on: September 15, 2010, 11:39:31 PM »
Thor answered once more, "Scans indicate that it is indeed doing something. His brainwave pattern is changing, so it is having an effect. What that effect is, remains to be seen. It seems to have calmed his breathing, so that in itself is a good sign."

Parker watched the ship's hatchway from his position inside the medbay, still holding Thor's hologram. Even though technically he didn't have to, it can unnerve some to see a floating hologram standing on nothing. They like to envision that it's coming from somewhere.

The Director raises an eyebrow to Tamora, "How do you think those sayings became cliché? Because they're so commonly applicable to everyday life, in almost every situation. Clichés are not stereotypes; although some stereotypes are based on truth. Clichés are cliché because of their commonality. People believe their lives must be completely unique, so if something common happens, they call it 'cliché'.

"So what were you thinking about?"
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #10385 on: September 16, 2010, 05:35:26 AM »
Tamora bites the inside of her cheek, debating for a moment how to respond. Finally, she settles with the truth.

"I'm thinking about Zorish," she admits. Her eyes are downcast, but her voice is firm. "About how he didn't deserve to die that way. How he had so much more that he could have accomplished - that he wanted to accomplish. All cut short because some dapsen rebel decided to make an example of him."

----

Terenia nods mutely, her eyes fixated on Ossanlin. Even Efaen is silent, watching raptly for some signs of recovery. Her internal clock tells her that it has been at least another twenty minutes since they boarded the ship. Not enough time to worry, but if he does not regain consciousness soon...

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Alic

« Reply #10386 on: September 16, 2010, 07:41:34 AM »
((Sorry guys.. Reply after work today))

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #10387 on: September 16, 2010, 09:45:56 AM »
Keshin's eyes widen at the prospect. The Andalite Electorate are extremely well-guarded and would be difficult to kill. Many of them were warriors and Princes themselves in another time. Then there's the issue of actually getting onto the Andalite homeworld. Virtually nothing passes in or out without governmental knowledge. Without powerful backing, it would be like trying to murder a Council member. <This...this guy's nuts. There's no way we could do it.>

<But he helped us, Kess. We owe 'im whether he likes it or not. He saved our lives.>

<Yes, but he's also on crack! What's more important here, a debt or us?!>

<....look. Maybe we can help 'im do it by findin' the stuff he needs. Or suggestin' help. We know this business, Kess. You know it.>

Keshin groans and eventually states, "Are you serious? You do realize that's a nearly impossible task, don't you? Why...do you want to kill them? I mean we could probably help you get what you need, but even with that it's still a suicide mission. Are you on contract with someone else?"
*****************************************************************************************************
Mar glances in the direction Elayne pointed and frowned. Something was definitely going on out there, and it looked very strange. "We should probably check it out," muttered Mar. "If Ossanlin gets in any more trouble, I'd never forgive myself. Too many people I cared about have died, many under my orders."

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #10388 on: September 16, 2010, 02:28:14 PM »
Salem smiled at Keshin, then sighed. "I'm not under contract. This is for me. And for my... for the Andalites. I've got enough saved up that I can pay for any help in cash, if paying in technology isn't your thing. It shouldn't be as hard as it would have been before the Andalites lost their main fleet in the Anati system ambush. Humans aren't as uncommon on Andalite worlds as they used to be. Yeerks are still watched closely, though. I have plenty of information that could help us out. I'm hoping," he said with a smirk, "that we can figure out a way to make it less of a suicide mission. I'm not usually a fan of those."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #10389 on: September 16, 2010, 03:16:20 PM »
Asda was going over the scans she took of Silver to see if there was anything out of the ordinary.

"I can tell right now," Asda said, "by looking at a body scan I took as well along with a blood sample from earlier. They were definitely starting you on The Serum."

There was little question as to what Asda meant by "The Serum".

"It's obvious they didn't get far enough for any major changes," Asda continued. "Something interrupted them. Probably whoever got you out of there."

After a moment of studying the screen in silence, Asda said, "Otherwise, you were able to get yourself out. It's hard to say. I'm no psychologist, but I would assume that the flashes are repressed memories that get triggered with outside influence."

Morgan took a breath and nodded. "That would make sense. Depending on how young she was at the time. It might have been her mind's way of coping."

Asda nodded in agreement. Then there was something on screen that made her eyes go wide and there was a sharp intake of breath.

"That doesn't sound good," Gaz commented.

"What is it?" Andromeda asked nervously. She had mixed feelings on whether or not she really wanted to know what it was. "Is it...bad?"

"Those bastards," Asda fumed. "They put a chip in her brain!"

"A what?!" Morgan thundered. Then he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, trying to remain calm. He didn't want to set off Silver in a panic. So he placed a reassuring hand on her arm.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #10390 on: September 16, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »
The Director nodded his head slowly. He asked, "What was he like; this Zorish?"
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #10391 on: September 16, 2010, 07:38:43 PM »
"Right," Myitt says, turning away from Temrash.  "I can find his ship easily enough.  Come on, we don't have much time."

She leaves the Hork-Bajir-Controller injured in the woods, far too focused on the fate of her own friends to really much care, even though she's taking advantage of the use of Temrash's ship. 

Up pops the little floating green holoscreen, and she uses its tech tracking system to make their way to Temrash's Bug fighter. 

---

Corliss barely registers Thor's sudden appearance, having become rather too used to that sort of thing happening in this strange place.  Instead, he is rapt on Ossanlin's steadying condition.

"Ossanlin, mate?" he says, checking Ossanlin's human pulse at the wrist.  "Can you hear me?" 

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #10392 on: September 16, 2010, 07:43:28 PM »
Temrash managed to get himself up, knowing that falling asleep might be lethal. With his own ship in use, he decided to try to make it to Morgan's ship. He wasn't sure if Asda could help a Hork-Bajir controller, but she was the resident doctor at the bar thus far.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #10393 on: September 16, 2010, 07:52:44 PM »
Fletcher had been on his way from the medical bay to check something in the engine room. First, he was heading over to the bridge to check the computer there. On the way, he glanced out the hatch, which was still open and saw someone making their way to the ship, and not looking in the best condition.

Fletcher squinted. "Temrash?! Is that you?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #10394 on: September 16, 2010, 07:55:31 PM »
"fletcher. Hey." Temrash said when he was close enough. "I think Jagill has been poisoned. Asda isn't busy, is she? Myitt borrowed my ship, so I can't use it to scan myself, but I need medical attention. I don't know how much damage the poison is doing, but I'm exhausted." He could barely stand up at that point, and his breathing was becoming shallow.

Ani-Master 2014!