Author Topic: RPG for new RAFians, feel free to join!  (Read 32046 times)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: RPG for new RAFians, feel free to join!
« Reply #255 on: June 27, 2008, 05:39:24 PM »
(Guys, there is a massive storm system rolling through the area. I'll possibly have to go offline for an indefinite amount of time. Sorry.)

<Edward! Hey! Are you okay?>

I heard no response.

<Leah, Rich, he is out cold. Watch that Alistair doesn't pick him off.>

I feigned a limp and faked right, jumping left as the Yeerk took the opening. In an eyeblink I was all over him, snarling and slashing like a feline Cuisinart. He rolled and threw me off, but he was bleeding heavily from the lacerations on his belly and back.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Qwerty the Charliecorn

• The cannibalistic pipe-dweller
  • Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #256 on: June 27, 2008, 09:52:15 PM »
(Hey, sorry I wasn't here at all today. I went for a hike in the mountains that lasted much longer than I expected it to.)

<We're doing good!> I exclaimed, though I knew it was only half true. Edward was unconscious. Ais seemed slightly injured, but she would manage. Rich, he seemed fine. But we were starting to weaken. I wondered just how far this Yeerk was willing to go.

I manuevered behind Alistair and to his other side, then dragged my claws across his back before he had a chance to turn around. He roared in pain, and made an attempt to hit me with one of his massive paws. I stepped back, and he missed by only a few centimeters.

I began to worry that I was defending myself too much, that I wasn't attacking enough. But the only way to stop him for sure was to go for his neck... Which was out of the question.

I leaped forward once again. This time, I was ready. This time, I would get him. I snapped at his hind legs and swpied at them with my paws. If I could just get him on the ground again... There was a sudden flash of yellow, and an incredible, fiery pain in my left eye. I howled and jerked back, surprised by Alistair's unexpected attack. I tried to open my eye, but the pain was too intense. <That's it!> I growled. I opened my jaws, ran forward, and managed to grab hold of his neck, despite the thick mane. I would make him regret this. I would make him regret ever taking a host in the first place.  I began to sink my teeth into his fur and flesh... (Don't worry, I won't kill him.)
If you are not in my avatar, and would like to be, or if you changed your name and avatar and would like me to update it, PM me. I cannot add or change anyone at the moment as I lost the file I use for this, but if people still want in, I'll work on it.

I am RAFmarried to my sweet shnukums, Rachel. ;D

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #257 on: June 27, 2008, 09:56:46 PM »
(Okay, but Ais still has to react to be believable.)

<Leah! What are you doing?! Don't kill him!>

I leapt forward and piled my weight onto Alistair's side. His breathing became laboured, with three hundred pounds of Jaguar on his lungs.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

• Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #258 on: June 27, 2008, 10:04:50 PM »
<Get away, let me finish him!> I hissed furiously. He was my prey. He was mine. He would die. With my free paw, I hit Ais, just hard enough to push her away from me. Alistair wasn't breathing normally anymore. Good. Just what I wanted. The feeling of a pair of jaws clamping over my own neck made me yelp in surprise. <Let go of me, Yeerk!> I growled, tightening my grip on his throat. He tightened his grip as well.
If you are not in my avatar, and would like to be, or if you changed your name and avatar and would like me to update it, PM me. I cannot add or change anyone at the moment as I lost the file I use for this, but if people still want in, I'll work on it.

Offline Whammy

• Surrender or Die!
    • Persona Lascivio
« Reply #259 on: June 27, 2008, 10:30:34 PM »
<About time you filled me in with what's going on.> I replied in private to Ais when she told me what was happening.

As the wolf was knocked out, Ais and the polar bear went for Ais's brother. I glanced over at them occasionally while keeping the others at bay. However, I turned my head around when I hear a yelp. Ais's brother and the bear were pretty much deadlocked at the moment. Someone needed to help, and at this point the only one not injured was me. Giving one last growl to make sure the other Controllers didn't do anything I started running towards the lion. As I got closer I prepared myself mentally for what I was about to do, specifically the fact I was trying to protect friends. Once I was within range I took a swipe at the lion's face, hoping the pain would make him let go of the polar bear.

Edit: Edited to fit the scene since I got Leah and Edward mixed up.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 11:04:19 PM by Whammyman5 »
Currently RAFDating Tocade. :)

“There is no genius free from some tincture of madness”-Seneca

"Great wits are sure to madness near allied - And thin partitions do their bounds divide”-John Dryden

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”-Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Leonardodavinci

« Reply #260 on: June 27, 2008, 10:49:25 PM »
<About time you filled me in with what's going on.> I replied in private to Ais when she told me what was happening.

As the polor bear was knocked out, Ais and the wolf went for the Ais's brother. I glanced over at them occasionally while keeping the others at bay. However, I turned my head around when I hear a yelp. Ais's brother and the wolf were pretty much deadlocked at the moment. Someone needed to help, and at this point the only one not injured was me. Giving one last growl to make sure the others didn't do anything I started running towards the lion. As I got closer I prepared myself mentally for what I was about to do, specifically the fact I was trying to protect friends. Once I was within range I took a swipe at the lion's face, hoping the pain would make him let go of the wolf.

((No offence, but from what I see, this is a godmod.. you're kinda making our characters do things...... and its a bit behind the script. My character is knocked out, and Charlie's character is battling with the lion...

• Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #261 on: June 27, 2008, 10:54:40 PM »
(I think he just got our characters mixed up. Alistair and Leah are fighting, and Edward is unconscious.)

Offline Whammy

• Surrender or Die!
    • Persona Lascivio
« Reply #262 on: June 27, 2008, 10:58:00 PM »
(I think he just got our characters mixed up. Alistair and Leah are fighting, and Edward is unconscious.)

(Yeah, I think that is what I did. It's kind of confusing me at this point who morphed into what. Ais is a jaguar, Richard is a grizzly bear, so what are Leah and Edward again? I thought Edward was the polar bear and Leah the wolf, but I'm guess its the other way around?)

"Great wits are sure to madness near allied - And thin partitions do their bounds divide”-John Dryden

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”-Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Leonardodavinci

« Reply #263 on: June 27, 2008, 10:59:25 PM »
(Edward is the currently unconscious wolf. Leah is the blind-in-one-eye polar bear... Hope that helps... and I'm off for tonight... if there's any action, let me know! And PS: Ladies and Gents, remember that there's a 2 hour limit morphing period (I just remembered) )

Offline Whammy

• Surrender or Die!
    • Persona Lascivio
« Reply #264 on: June 27, 2008, 11:02:12 PM »
(Edward is the currently unconscious wolf. Leah is the blind-in-one-eye polar bear... Hope that helps... and I'm off for tonight... if there's any action, let me know! And PS: Ladies and Gents, remember that there's a 2 hour limit morphing period (I just remembered) )

(Yes,that helps. I'll edit my post so it is correct. As for the two hour limit, I'm assuming this fight hasn't taken up that long. Guess its up to Estelore though, or anyone who wishes to keep track of  time.)

• Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #265 on: June 27, 2008, 11:04:20 PM »
(Supposedly, Alistair has been in morph since Leah, Edward, and Ais showed up. And, I'm assuming it's been about 30-40 minutes since then...)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #266 on: June 28, 2008, 12:33:58 PM »
(That works for me. Sorry for taking so long, but I've just discovered that it is hard to start an RP, join an RP, and run an existing RP and wiki, all at once. Ah, well. I'm a master multitasker!)

<Leah! Alistair! Snap out of it! Both of you let go! If you both hold on, both of you die!>
GWWOOOWRRR!!

I roared at them both, swiping at their faces with my paws, but not using my claws, for fear that I'd leave Leah totally blind.

• Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #267 on: June 28, 2008, 01:19:13 PM »
I could see flashes of fur all around me. Richard clawing at Alistair's face. Ais trying to pry me away.

<Leah! Alistair! Snap out of it! Both of you let go! If you both hold on, both of you die!> she screamed in thought-speak. I could feel paws pounding at my head, slowly pushing me away. It was too hard to stay latched onto his neck. I let go and stumbled backward.

I had him. I did. I had him. He was mine. I'd lost. But I had managed to injure him. He had bloody marks in the side of his neck, along with several gashes in his back and stomach. Alistair fell onto his side. He was down! I still had a chance! But Ais was standing in between the two of us. Glaring.

<I had him,> I growled, raising my paw threateningly.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #268 on: June 28, 2008, 01:40:39 PM »
<I KNOW you had him! Now get a hold of the bear in your brain, before you get us all killed! Don't ye' raise that paw at ME, lass, or I'll throttle ye', so help me! I'm a heck of a lot less injured than ye' think!>

I turned my attention to my lion-Yeerk-brother.
<Alistair, you've only got a few minutes left. Demorph, before you get stuck. Now.>

"Grrrrr-WOWORRRrrrrr..."
<No!>

"HHHiieeesssssss..."
<Yeerk, do you WANT to kill yourself? Do you WANT my brother to die?>

<What if I do?>

<I can always make this so much more unpleasant for you.>

<Would you do that to your brother?>

<Why don't you ask HIM? Would I do that to you, Alistair, to save you?>

<*sigh* I understand. I'm demorphing.>

Slowly, the lion shrank and began resuming the familiar human features of my twin brother.

<Now, let's get out of here.>
I walked up behind my brother and nudged him forward, none too gently. He stumbled and kept walking. I jogged over to the bushes, demorphed, and put my clothes back on. I jogged back to Alistair's side. I drew my knife and flicked it open.

He tensed at the familiar sound.

I wrapped my arm around his neck and lightly held the blade against the side of his throat. To any observer, it would seem as though I simply had my arm around his shoulders.

"Insurance. I'm sure that you understand."

"Yes."

I turned back to the others.

"Well? Are we ready to get out of here? Oh, wait. Edward. Will someone wake him up, while I keep an eye on this one?"

(Leo, I know that you might still want another morph or two...y'know, besides the wolf. If you do, wake up fast so that we can move on to the next piece of plot, please. Thanks!)

• Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #269 on: June 28, 2008, 02:08:08 PM »
Control? I have complete control! Then, it clicked in my mind. I felt the world stop for a moment as my mind slowly began to grasp reality. <Oh...> I mumbled to myself. I immediately began to demorph. The pain in my eye was unbearable. Slowly, I began to resume my normal, healthy, human form. My eye healed, and I could see everything clearly again.

Not only had I been blind in one eye--I had been blind with rage. The scene before me was horrid and disturbing. Blood stained the Earth. A few dead humans lay sprawled on the ground. Off to the side, up against a wall, was an unconscious, bleeding wolf. "Edward," I whispered.

I ran to him and knelt by his side. "Edward, wake up!" I hissed, shaking his side gently. To my relief, he was still breathing. "Edward, wake up," I said, louder than before.