Author Topic: Rachael's Earrings  (Read 617 times)

Offline Tim Bruening

Rachael's Earrings
« on: July 01, 2015, 06:39:34 PM »
The Separation: Rachael arrives at the beach wearing a pair of earrings given to her by her Dad.  She drops one, so morphs starfish to find it.  She then gets cut in half.  One half demorphs into Mean Rachael.  The other half demorphs into Nice Rachael.  Nice Rahael finds the lost earring between her toes.  But what became of the earring Rachael had not initially dropped?   What had happened to THAT earring when Rachael morphed starfish?  Did either Rachael hang on to THAT earring?  Did Rachael have both earrings once she had been put back together?

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
Re: Rachael's Earrings
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 07:35:30 PM »
Nope, actually, the other earring got split into two earrings, one of which was a coward and the other was a psycho.  But, since they were earrings, and thus did not act on these impulses, nobody noticed.  :P

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 11:27:47 PM »
Nope, actually, the other earring got split into two earrings, one of which was a coward and the other was a psycho.  But, since they were earrings, and thus did not act on these impulses, nobody noticed.  :P
Lol :rofl2:
I guess my explaination would be that the earrings go to Z space.
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 01:33:52 PM »
Lol :rofl2:
I guess my explaination would be that the earrings go to Z space.

However, the earrings would be hanging free from Rachel's ears, not hugging her skin like her morphing suit, so I would not expect her to be able to morph her earrings.

Offline pallosalama

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 09:25:51 AM »
Could you please check your writing before posting it. There was no character called "Rachael" in Animorph series, far as I know. I know you are just writing "Rachel" with extra A but it still looks slightly confusing.
Also regarding the topic, most likely the other earring would've dropped while Rachel was morphing.
Yet seeing your post made me think, "omg, I've never thought of that, you are an evil genius".

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 07:42:08 PM »
Could you please check your writing before posting it. There was no character called "Rachael" in Animorph series, far as I know. I know you are just writing "Rachel" with extra A but it still looks slightly confusing.
Also regarding the topic, most likely the other earring would've dropped while Rachel was morphing.

Was either Rachel able to recover the other earring?

Offline VisserWho

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 08:40:30 PM »
In the book it states:

I wanted that earring and I wasn't going to just whine about it. When I
get mad, I get determined. When I get mad, I do something. Not always a smart thing.
"You," I said, looking at the starfish. "You could get it back," I said as I took off my outer clothing and stood there in my leotard.

I am assuming that when she took off her outer clothing, she also removed the second earring.  Later, psycho!Rachel runs off super quickly, so I am assuming that nice!Rachel was the one who took the outer clothing.  Since she found the earring between her toes, she has both earrings.  (Or I assume that is what the author intended us to think.)