Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 226305 times)

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #2775 on: July 26, 2011, 10:47:51 AM »
I SEE THAT YOU ARE NO LONGER DRUNK, SHENMUE. How are you now?

And gaaah, I want that ice cream now. So jelly...
*wants the sideways icecream cone* (;°A°)----- @>
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #2776 on: July 26, 2011, 08:12:31 PM »
Unnecessarily long Ewa post.  I should really work on finishing her character profile instead.

Also, I really want icecream now.
>.>
<.<

That picture looks way too good.
Work is for the weak

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #2777 on: July 26, 2011, 11:43:16 PM »
Scott, your last post for Al made me smile. :D

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2778 on: July 27, 2011, 07:04:55 PM »
Haha. Glad you liked it. For that matter, I'm glad somebody read all of it :P Al's a crazy, crazy guy. It was fun to write ^_^

And... Sapptus is Mr. Secret Entrance. That's freakin' awesome ^_^

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #2779 on: July 27, 2011, 11:10:17 PM »
I thought you already knew about...

OH YEAH! You were like, upstairs or something when Me and Tara -er, I mean... Sapttus and Myitt... - had their late-night video conference *coughSkypecough* where Jasper told all about that. Huh...

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2780 on: July 28, 2011, 07:23:28 AM »
Posting now. I posted another long one a few seconds ago, but I want to edit it more heavily. Since my phone doesn't let me select text in reply boxes correctly, I had to remove it, so that I can edit it in a different program.

This involved paragraph removal. We'll see how this goes....

EDIT: Ok, posted! Also, totally agreed with Bear on the utter genius that was your post, Scott! Love it, the imagery was just so vivid, I couldn't stop giggling! Seriously, has Al considered comedy?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 08:04:40 AM by pyrebird »
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2781 on: July 28, 2011, 10:10:14 AM »
I'm still waiting for Ogreon and friends to heal me.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2782 on: July 28, 2011, 10:13:59 AM »
Haha, I just posted as you did. ^^
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2783 on: July 28, 2011, 10:17:54 AM »
hmmm my psychic powers are working at optimum then :P

EDIT: Ok question, how is the Doctor fixing my arteries without cutting me open?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:20:07 AM by ShawnN1987 (Insert overly-dramitic DEMONIC LAUGH here) »

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2784 on: July 28, 2011, 10:50:59 AM »
Aha, the magic of science. ^^

The arterial cellular regenerator doesn't fix the arteries, it stimulates the arteries to repair themselves. It's just a sort of booster signal that ties in with the nervous system and in this case the circulatory system as well to repair damaged tissue that might otherwise never heal on their own. It gives it a temporary capacity to regenerate lost tissue.

But like I said, it's mostly just a signal designed for the nervous and circulatory systems that get's in through the skin, so he just needs to wave his wand over wherever the spot is and the body can heal itself.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2785 on: July 28, 2011, 10:52:01 AM »
science magic. nice :P

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2786 on: July 28, 2011, 10:54:55 AM »
Dude, Ogreon has incredibly sophisticated technology. I'm betting that rather amazingly non-invasive procedure could be performed using nano probes to organically weave your cells back together, or something.

It's like asking how healing pots in a fantasy RP would work. I wouldn't know. He probably has a good explanation, though. We volleyed some world-building PMs back and forth, and I learned a lot about the Urtahn's weaponry that way.

World-building and character details are fun! They can put the "science" back into "science fiction"! Which is, in my opinion, always awesome.

EDIT: Wow, slow to post! And, as always, Caleb had an amazingly detailed explanation. Heh.

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2787 on: July 28, 2011, 11:20:35 AM »
I just realized that I have to figure out some way to get my char. to adjust from medieval tech. to alien tech. in a natural way. Hmmmmmmm this is is gonna be interestingly difficult.

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2788 on: July 28, 2011, 11:32:32 AM »
C-c-c-culture shock! TO THE EXTREME.

Van suffers from very subconscious culture shock from when he left his home planet to become a pirate. It's not obvious, but it's there. And probably recognizable to anyone who understands the psychology behind culture shock. Although, now he's relapsing, because this Bar (and Ogreon's tech) is very different from what he's used to.

Your character, meanwhile... Is this "future shock", perhaps? The chance of getting "used to" alien and futuristic technology is slim. It's more easily interpreted as a form of magic, and Ogreon definitely seen as more demon than angel (poor Ogreon).

This... Is an interesting challenge! I'm interested in seeing what this does to your character, in regards to mental state and psychological interpretation. This is a big leap, I expect it to be difficult. But, not impossible. Just really difficult! XD

Also, I'm laughing forever at all this talk about character psychology, with these Scientology ads around. This is beyond hilarious.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 11:36:29 AM by pyrebird »

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2789 on: July 28, 2011, 11:41:17 AM »
huh? I don't receive Scientology ads. I get MMO and dating site ads.