Author Topic: Animorphs with an older audience.  (Read 9192 times)

Offline EscafilDevice

Re: Animorphs with an older auidence.
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 09:20:05 PM »
::) @ gay Tobias. It's as ridiculous as Marco/Ax.

I could see Jake having a drinking problem, Rachel and Tobias having sex, and David pursuing Rachel on darker terms.

I couldn't see Marco getting involved with drugs because I think his head's screwed on tight, but a lot of leaders had drinking problems and it in this hypothetical sense it could've been Jake's "escape."

Rachel and Tobias were crazy about each other and it's a human thing. That opens up a lot of possibilities such as Tobias liking it because it's a human thing or NOT liking it because he loses control.

As for David, he and Rachel did have a personal thing. She threatened his family, he spied on her in the shower. You draw your own conclusions.

It's a shame that the vast majority of Animorphs fanfiction consists of overly elaborate AU rewrites/post-54 stories and OOC slashfic, because these are some great ideas.

Offline anijen21

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 09:21:42 PM »
lol if you think they are so great then write them

AND I HAPPEN TO LIKE MARCO/AX >:(
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 09:23:06 PM »
You must've gone nuts reading #35 then, huh?

Offline anijen21

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2009, 09:28:19 PM »
is that the one where ax sat on marco's lap

I think I skipped that one
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2009, 09:30:43 PM »
I don't remember Ax ever sitting on Marco's lap, or David spying on Rachel in the shower.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2009, 10:43:48 PM »
I've got nothing on the Marco/Ax lap sitting thingy, the only Marco/Ax related anything I can really recall was them dancing together in the TV show and that wasn't romantic. Anyway the David watching Rachel in the shower thing is probably when Rachel chose not to shower for, what she claims is the first time in her life out of fear that David would in fact be watching her, so he didn't watch her but she was worried he would and given David's character I'm far from convinced that he wouldn't have. :P
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2009, 11:22:35 PM »
omg David/Rachel
how have I not shipped this before
Tobias/Taylor is my OTP hahahahaha
I really like the idea of that relationship being expanded upon.

I would also like to see a more mature Cassie who didn't get so fussed about morphing humans and such...but I dunno, that might defeat the whole point of her character...

esplin

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2009, 11:23:51 PM »
Which some people wouldnt mind..

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2009, 07:13:48 AM »
Lol, Liz. I'm not the only person who had that cross my mind. Tobias/Taylor. Though I wouldn't call it OTP.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2009, 08:18:53 AM »
I don't remember Ax ever sitting on Marco's lap, or David spying on Rachel in the shower.

In #35 Ax sits on Marco's lap when they are trying to force William Roger Tennant to go nuts at a banquet. Marco and Ax go to sit down and there's only one seat so Marco makes him sit down on his lap to keep Ax out of trouble.

The shower thing is from #22. After Rachel talked to her sister Jordan, David starts speaking to her in morph (most likely an insect in the room with her) and ends by telling her to enjoy her shower (which she decides to skip).

I can't see Tobias or any of the others being gay. I could maybe see some of them doing drugs or drinking, but I still wouldn't like it. Jake might have had a lot on his shoulders, but he knew the others relied upon him and he wouldn't want to risk getting the others hurt by compromising his judgement with drugs. Maybe if he'd stayed human Tobias might have, but as a hawk I don't see it happening.

I definitely think Rachel and Tobias should have been more intimate. Tobias might be shy but Rachel is much more confident. Cassie/Jake might have taken longer, but I think that would still have turned into something more later on.

Marco was too level-headed to go for drugs, but as a vice perhaps he'd resort to sleeping around? He's often portrayed as a failing ladies man, but in a more mature environment maybe that would have changed.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Animorphs with an older audience.
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2009, 05:54:20 PM »
One thing about the drugs, though, is that morphing would likely get rid of all negatuve effects. So unless something happened while one of them happened to be high at the time, it would be ok once that person morphed.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline rossabo

• For great justice!
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2009, 11:50:59 PM »
One thing about the drugs, though, is that morphing would likely get rid of all negatuve effects. So unless something happened while one of them happened to be high at the time, it would be ok once that person morphed.
Not necessarily. This could warrant a topic of its own.

If morphing doesn't change your blood, which is how the yeerks discovered their identities, certain drugs would remain in their systems even if they did morph. I know for certain that alcohol remains in your bloodstream (BAC) and there are probably other drugs that alter your blood as well.

esplin

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2009, 01:42:47 PM »
Hmmmm, interesting.

Wouldnt the blood of person be different then the blood of whatever animal so it would have to change when you morph right?

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2009, 09:25:32 PM »
Hmmmm, interesting.

Wouldnt the blood of person be different then the blood of whatever animal so it would have to change when you morph right?

That's true. When they tested the blood, they weren't basing it on any substance in it, but rather their DNA. It's stated in the books that they always have their DNA, and of all their morphs, in their cells at all times.

What does it mean to be free?

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2009, 12:02:13 AM »
We were just discussing on LJ how Rachel might have used drugs if she'd survived. And someone posted a fanfic link.