Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 334883 times)

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #11565 on: November 10, 2010, 09:54:47 PM »
(I'm trying to decide what to do....I could post Desmond yakking some more, I guess.)

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #11566 on: November 10, 2010, 09:58:19 PM »
((Something completely random! Maybe the ship suddenly ruptures, or a vial gets broken and a horrible bioweapon is released. That would be kinda interesting... infecting the whole asteroid, making everyone work together to stop it....))

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #11567 on: November 10, 2010, 10:04:26 PM »
((The problem you have with trying to make everyone participate in the same general arc is that other characters have their own arcs and dramas to worry about, not to mention some RPers prefer character development and intrigue rather than megalithic disaster after disaster.  You can try to do that, but be warned that many of the RPers in the bar will merely ignore such a development because in their arc nothing has happened.  Honestly as far as Ossanlin is concerned none of Gaz's characters or ships exist at the moment because of the army.  Sorry but that's just the way it is.  In order for all that to be in Ossanlin's existance, there would've had to have been an interchange or battle in space because the Tyrennian (Ossanlin's Dome Ship) would've intercepted any incoming armies.  Gaz merely had the army land without warning or preamble, so for Oss, they don't exist.  If you were to launch a bar-wide disaster from that particular arc, Ossanlin, for one, wouldn't be involved.))
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 10:08:35 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #11568 on: November 10, 2010, 10:07:20 PM »
((Oh I understand... I thought it would be interesting, but I figure that it wouldn't play out well. It would end up being a big flop, so oh well.))

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #11569 on: November 10, 2010, 10:11:13 PM »
((I wasn't saying you couldn't try it Warren, I was just giving you warning about the possible outcomes of such an attempt.  You are welcome to try it if you want, some people will go along with it and some won't.  You never know, it might end up working well for several RPers...just saying that some ppl will probably ignore it, that's all.))

RAF Silverblade

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #11570 on: November 10, 2010, 10:12:43 PM »
((Eh, it was just a random suggestion for Gaz; our group's plotline has kinda stalled for a little while, so I was just "helping" her jumpstart it.))

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #11571 on: November 10, 2010, 10:15:08 PM »
((Well, you know if you want to have your character interact with someone else outside that arc you could always come into the bar...or if your character wouldn't you could always create a new one to bring in.  That way you wouldn't be bored with a stagnant plotline.  Up to you.  :)  ))

RAF Silverblade

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #11572 on: November 10, 2010, 10:18:45 PM »
((I've got a couple characters that just left the bar, though I haven't made them get involved with anyone yet... I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with them. It probably doesn't help that they're invisible....))

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #11573 on: November 10, 2010, 10:50:02 PM »
(I was gonna say that if anything happens with my group it wouldn't really affect anyone since they're not near the bar right now.)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #11574 on: November 10, 2010, 11:30:40 PM »
((Guys, if we're going to have long discussions about character development, can we please have them outside of the bar thread?  In fact, I'm going to make a GESB OOC thread for that purpose.  Thanks guys!  Love, T ;) ))

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11575 on: November 11, 2010, 08:32:36 AM »
Mar winces slightly as he lifts himself up. The spell hasn't taken anything out of him other than energy, but it has left him disturbed. He figures he should talk to Elayne about it, given that she might be his only living friend in all the world. He bites his lip nervously when he thinks about Ossanlin's apparent condition, but there's not much he can do about it.

"I...sweet Elayne, I think I..." Mar isn't sure how to explain what's bothering him. "...I saw some kind of creature...when I teleported. It was...huge, and I think it was almost everywhere in the Bar at once. I was right in front of it, and inside it somehow.There was another one overlapping it too, but for some reason I wasn't as concerned with that one. And a few weird tendrils of bright light intersecting where certain members were."

"I think I'm losing my identity here. Myself," Mar says carefully as he paces. He's moving slower than usual. "I used to know what that meant, but I have only a bit of it now. The more of my own memories I form, the more memories of the outside I lose."

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #11576 on: November 11, 2010, 09:07:09 AM »
((Is john in the bar at all? if not, where did he go? Vogefak will run to catch up and apologize. XD))

Post Merged: November 11, 2010, 09:18:36 AM
((Guys, if we're going to have long discussions about character development, can we please have them outside of the bar thread?  In fact, I'm going to make a GESB OOC thread for that purpose.  Thanks guys!  Love, T ;) ))

((Hey, how can I post that Galaxy's Edge bar banner to my clipboard???))
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:18:54 AM by Scinlao »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #11577 on: November 11, 2010, 09:41:11 AM »
Tara emerges from the trees, hastily throwing a leaf out of her hair.  

"Oh, no," she whimpers, heading towards the Mirage's closed hatch.

Myitt comes crashing into the clearing a moment later.

<I swear, if that homicidal thing has destroyed my friend,> Myitt warns Tamora, smoldering, <he can consider his life forfeit.>

Tara bangs a fist against the metal hull of the Andalite ship, cursing and waving her hand in pain.

"Ossanlin!" she yells desperately.  "God, somebody, open the hatch!"
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:43:19 AM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #11578 on: November 11, 2010, 10:33:29 AM »
Ossanlin hears the banging on the hull through his semi-conscious haze but can do little to respond.  <Lo...lock...>  Ossanlin can barely muster a quiet thought as the represoor field blocks bleeding, but not physiological responses...includi ng pain.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #11579 on: November 11, 2010, 10:37:39 AM »
<If that is your best idea, I believe my previous idea of contacting the Dome Ship may be the only way.> Claxter said, and made his way back to his own ship. He would rather someone else actually relay the message, but unfortunately there was no one else.

<This is Claxter Karmesh Sinopul, hailing the Dome Ship Tyrennian.> He said. <Prince Ossanlin had entered his private ship with an Imperial, and something has happened. The ship is in lockdown, and neither occupants are answering. We are unable to get inside, short of blasting our way in. We require assistance to ensure his safety.>

Ani-Master 2014!