Author Topic: Prologue: Origins OOC  (Read 14563 times)

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
Re: Prologue: Origins OOC
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2009, 01:27:48 AM »

Understandable.

Congratulations on some excellent writing- (and ideas- TP masks and toilet paper dispenser projectiles!) - and your character has managed to escape!  Brit has a burn to his hand and Reece is dealing maiming and possibly fatally wounding the man - but the world stretches out before them with limitless possibilities.

Offline FuBar

• Narcoleptic Insomniac. Agoraphobic Claustrophobe.
    • RolePlay Central (RPC)
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2009, 05:50:31 AM »
Wow, everything's happening now, eh? :D

I want to post right away, for Eddie as well as for Alice because Kasey tagged him, but I'll be busy IRL for a couple of hours at least.

I'm not sure how much time would have passed since Eddie saw the doors get locked; a lot has happened since then including a lecture. I'm also not sure how long it would take him to reach the car park, as I don't know how far away it is. Given these two unknowns, I would assume he has reached the car park and is either still getting into his car, or is already inside it and listening to music for a few minutes before he would have driven home. Either way, Kasey would find him either in or near his Black Triumph Acclaim, an old British car from the 1980's. As such, it is right-hand-drive.

Here's the Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Acclaim If you're interested in his car. He has looked after it: From the outside it appears unmodified except for tinted side-windows, but Eddie is mechanically-minded and the car runs as-new.

If enough time has passed that he'd be inside the car, Kasey would see him through the windscreen enjoying some music, but would not hear it because the car has been acoustically-deadened to make up for Eddie's expensive sound-system. The only other noticable modification is hand-controls because of his disability.

- I hope Eddie's car is GM approved; It doesn't have anything that isn't commonly found in a young-man's car around here, and it's too small to accomodate the whole group. It's also not particularly fast with it's tiny engine compared to most American cars I know of, though it would corner better than a lot of them because it's built for bendy British roads.
__
Fu

Offline Brad the Brit

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Cuz Im British.
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2009, 06:58:51 AM »
ok this is going great. but im confused.... is everyone in the bathroom apart from Kasey Eddie and alice??
.... map update if its not too much trouble..... sorry i have a bad hangover.. :-\

Offline FuBar

• RolePlay Central (RPC)
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2009, 09:01:21 AM »
From what I've gathered so far: Eddie is in the school's car park, Kasey is either in or approaching the same car park, and the others are gathered outside the building near the bathroom window they just escaped through. I'll be working on Alice's location in my upcoming post.

... I think that's about right, anyway...
__
Fu

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2009, 03:03:17 PM »

Car has GM approval stamped on it.

'is everyone in the bathroom apart from Kasey Eddie and alice??' - Every one was in there, but they escaped through the bath room window.

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2009, 03:20:43 PM »
Aren't Eddie and Kasey in the car park?

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2009, 03:44:57 PM »

They are in the parking lot, indicated on the map. My paint program just cant fit all that by 'parking lot'.

Offline Brad the Brit

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Cuz Im British.
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2009, 05:07:23 PM »
ok im off on holiday for a week and i dont have any connection untill i get back..

so untill then have fun guys and just godmod me for a week ok ;D

c u

Offline FuBar

• RolePlay Central (RPC)
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2009, 07:04:28 AM »
In case anyone wondered about Alice's "Scooter"; My intention is for it to just be another hologram.

Now, most of us probably know that the cannon-Chee can move pretty fast in the books (Specific citation: Book 27, The Exposed), but not to worry: Alice will have a GM-governed cap on how fast she can move. Example, in the first RP I played her in with Seryna, it was decided that she could not travel faster than a Cheetah while maintaining a hologram.

The GM of that RP also would not allow Alice to be flight-capable, despite my tech-ideas how she might achieve it, ;) which would be quite a heavy restriction on her in this RP assuming Seryna gives that same restriction. Hopefully if this is the case, Alice would still be able to communicate with the others if they're at altitude?

Anyways, the hologram-scooter is a convenience Alice cannot really share, as I don't think it'd be fair for me to use her that way. This is the reason I chose a scooter rather than a larger vehicle. A tech-limitation I could use for this is her force-field: Perhaps for this RP her forcefield is limited to a certain distance from her body? So she couldn't, say, create a working passenger-seat, it'd just be a hologram.

Anyway, that's my idea with relation to the scooter-thing. It's always up to GM interpretation/modification. :)
__
Fu

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2009, 09:10:37 PM »
Damien was able to keep up with the others easily. He was about to answer Torrence's question however tripped on an invisible root and slammed into the ground and hard. He was dazed and confused not knowing what was happening around him. He let out a cry of pain as he bit his tongue, not loud enough to be noticed by the others especially in the dark.

What's going on with Damien, Damien?  If he gives a cry of pain, the others are able to hear him if he chooses.

Offline FuBar

• RolePlay Central (RPC)
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2009, 12:06:35 PM »
I'd like to bring up the subject/question of Estreens:

As memory serves, Estreens are neither common nor rare among Andalites themselves. I'd extrapolate that their number should be in the region of 1-in-6 of the morph-capable population. (16.6% or thereabouts.)

I figure in our new group there could be as many as two true-Estreens, though an exact number is of course GM's decision.

As I appear to be the first to bring up this subject in this RP, I'd like to submit Eddie for consideration to become one of the Estreens in this group, and I invite my fellow players to post here if they wish their character to also be in the running for becoming Estreen, and additionally to what extent they want their skill in this 'art-form' to reach.

Eddie himself is rather technically-minded, so if he's accepted to become Estreen his slower morphs would progress as though they were a technical-drawing rather than more freelance creative art styles. I hope the simily is good enough to convey my intentions.

I have no other rights of claim to making Eddie an Estreen other than being the first to bring the subject up. If the concept proves particularly popular among the other players, I'll trust Seryna to make the fairest choices.

PS: Oh, Crikey! This post turned out looking a whole lot more formal than my original intent... *facepalms* Yup: Including this post-statement. Heh, ah well.
__
Fu

Offline Damien

• Natural law is overrated
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2009, 02:26:07 PM »
As I appear to be the first to bring up this subject in this RP, I'd like to submit Eddie for consideration to become one of the Estreens in this group, and I invite my fellow players to post here if they wish their character to also be in the running for becoming Estreen, and additionally to what extent they want their skill in this 'art-form' to reach.

I might want Damien to be one but might not be possible since I have a suggestion for my character already... read on.

Ok this was a pm I sent to Seryna however she replied wanting your guys opinions.. Here is the PM I sent

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I have two ideas, one is how we can get the animorphs involved (at the end of the rp)

For some reason the group finds out that there are andalite ships near Earth (the one Elfangor and Ax is on) So they decide to hijack a yeerk ship to try to reach the andalite crew, however the only thing they accomplished was getting the andalite crew noticed by the yeerks. And then... its history...

(And even then we could continue the rp by continuing and adding our characters to the book, somehow, I doubt that would be a good idea, or they could get off course, hurtled into Z-space or whatever and end up on another planet or something... just a few ideas to kick around)

Instead of having Damien resist yeerk control completely how about he is able to block some, not all, of his memories from the yeerk, like he could chose to block his memories of what happened since the night the rp started. However this would take all his concentration and mental exhaust him, if he passes out mentally the yeerk would have complete access to his memories.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts and opinions on both of these suggestions?
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2009, 03:12:28 PM »
Damien, I really like your first idea. I think that would be the perfect segue. :)

Fu, I'm fine with Eddie being an Estreen. I'd love for Kasey to be one as well, if no one else wants it (I don't have my heart set on it, I'd be fine with someone else being one.)

And...to my main point. Even though I'm not GM, I just want to point out that some characters seem to instinctively know an awful lot about the Yeerks. I think we all need to keep in mind that none of us (with the exception of Alice) should know anything about the Yeerks. I think that it's also important to keep in mind that none of us (again, with the exception of Alice) should be able to tell if someone has a Yeerk in their head. None of the characters should be able to tell by the actions of NPC's whether or not they've been made into a controller (remember in the books, Marco and Jake had family memebers who were controllers and they had no idea for a LONG time, same with Melissa Chapman.) It seems in some cases there are some subtle, gradual personality changes, but I think it's important that we remember that we can't detect controllers. *steps off soapbox*

On another note, you all rock, and I'm lovin' this RP.

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2009, 03:39:54 PM »
Fu, glad you posted this here. I'd be interested in one or two people being estreens, but obviously not every one and I'd have to decide it fairly.
Would every one be okay with having estreens in the group?

Damien, that's exactly why I wanted you to post your ideas here so every one can weigh in on if thats an angle they'd like our story to take. I did want to tell you that you'd get one special consideration- via your Yeerk idea OR the estreen idea.

How does every one feel about Damien's idea that if infested, he could block memories from them?  I have devised a reason for this (and a realistic cost for such an ability).
How do you feel about Jess's mention that our characetrs are being way too chill about this? Lets amp up the confusion, folks.  If everyone is 'this is fantastic, aliens', I have no problem giving you what you want. Muhahaha.

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2009, 04:08:06 PM »
I'm less concerned with how chill the characters are, and more that the characters seem... inadequately confused. Like, I feel like we're projecting a lot of knowledge we already have onto our characters, and insisting that it is logical for them to have these insights, when they're really kind of odd.

I'm fine with Estreens, though I'm not personally that interested in playing one. And I like the idea that we'll be the ones to call attention to the Andalites, thus destroying our little group and enabling the creation of the Animorphs.

And if there's an in-story reason for the Yeerk resistability, I'm all for it- peculiarities are the things that stories are made of.