Author Topic: Prologue: Origins OOC  (Read 14489 times)

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
Prologue: Origins OOC
« on: March 27, 2009, 10:43:29 PM »
      Hello.  This is the thread for any out of character remarks about Prologue: Origins RP. Any questions or clarifications should come here, keeping the RP thread clear and RP only.  Here is where you can ask to join and here is where the Bios shall be kept for reference.

The reason that no one was told about this group was simple- they failed. They were the ones that couldn't hold it together, the ones who didn't save the world - the ones who the Ellimist used as a platform for who he *didn't* want to choose in the last effort to save humanity.

Yet who were these people? Did they fail because they couldn't adapt? Perhaps because they couldn't make sacrifices or because they made too many?  

Characters

Bio for the characters:
Name:
Appearance: (Anything one can tell from walking up to your character- hair color, height and so on).
History/Information

Played by: Fubar
Name: Alice Rex
Appearance: Alice's hologram has shoulder-length straight light-brown/dark-blond hair, stands 5'5" tall, has hazel eyes, and dresses in a plain-jane style so-as to not draw too much attention to herself. She wears glasses, but they are not ugly. If given a serious style-makeover, Alice would look quite pretty, but as she is most boys don't pay her a second glance.
History/Information: Alice is a Chee with a slight malfunction in her programming that allowes her to do a limited number of things that Chee normally cannot do. She has been aware for some time now that a boy called Eddie keeps looking at her, and has her suspicions why that might be.

Created by:BRAD the BRIT, played by Seryna
Name: Brit Walsall

Appearance: Short with blond hair that always seems to stick up at odd angles. He is built stocky and has dark blue eyes, that makes him look board all the time.

History/Information: Born in England but Moved over to America when his dad got offered a job. He is currently training to be a nurse and already has numerous first aid qualifications. He hardly ever see his dad (who works at the local hospital as head surgeon) , and spends most of his time with friends or studying. He is immensely loyal to his friends and will do whatever necessary to protect them.  

Created by:Damien, played by Seryna
Name: Damien Daziel
Appearance: He stands at 5'12" and on the skinny side. He has brown hair about 6" and is brushed to the right to keep it out of his blue eyes. Usually he wears dark colored clothes, usually with blues and blacks to help enforce his fake disguise.
History/Information: On the outside he appears uncaring, calm, collected, sarcastic, and almost bored. However that is just a mental disguise he uses to keep himself from becoming friends with anyone. Once you get past that outer shell he is friendly, caring, basically the opposite of what he wants people to think. He is smart and has a photographic memory, his IQ is rather high (around 160-170) but he keeps to himself most of the time so no-one knows he is highly intelligent, even his parents. He likes to study biology and the solar system, mainly stuff to do with DNA and and the possibility of alien races, he finds these subjects fascinating.

He had just recently moved from a different town. His parents have become busy with work and so on leaving him to do what he wants. Most of the time when his parents are home with his little sister (she is usually at daycare) he likes to play with her and when the rare occurrence of his parents being home before dinner occurrences he is spending it with his sister. However without his sister he just wanders around town seeming to study the area. He had been enrolled in the school for a month, no-one talks to him except to tease him about his low grades.(since he doesn't bother to do his homework)

Played by: Fubar
Name: Eddie Stobart
Appearance: Due to a motorbike accident, Eddie is wheelchair-bound. He has short black hair and is trying to grow a mustache. If he could stand, he'd be about 5'8" tall. He has blue eyes. His arms are overly-muscled, from operating his wheelchair. Conversely, his legs look withered from lack of use - He is paralyzed and can't move them.
History/Information: Eddie lives alone and hasn't seen his family for over a year. He makes a living programming and webmastering for several companies worldwide, though he still attends school. Academically, school isn't all that important to him any more, but he has his reasons for still going: Chief among them is that Alice Rex goes there. He fancies her and thinks he's in love with her, he just hasn't had the bottle to actually talk to her yet.

Created by:Shalner(Jess), played by Seryna
Name: Kasey Romenesko  (prounounced K.C.)
Appearance: 5'10", medium/athletic build, dark brown hair, green eyes, dresses in higher-end clothing (and not by choice)
History: Kasey has lived in (this town) her entire life. Her father has served six consecutive terms on the city council, and is currently running for mayor. Her mom works as the marketing director at The Gardens. She has an older brother who is currently away at college (Duke). She also had a younger sister who was killed in a hit and run accident last year (at the age of six). Because she's the only child left at home, Kasey's parents are incredibly over-protective, and she is often forced to make appearances at campaign events that her father hosts. Kasey herself is primarily in AP courses in school, and has already been slated to follow her brother's educational path (despite her own wishes.) She has an intense interest in hiking and backpacking, and is in the woods at every available opportunity (and from this has good knowledge of how the terrain is layed-out). Her own plans after high school include leaving (home town) the day she turns 18 to backpack through South America.

Played by: Ossanlin
Name:   Jas Kirogi  (pronounced Jayce Keerohghee)

Appearance:
    Jas appears at first glance to be purely Caucasian, though if you stare long enough you can determine the slightest tilt to his eyes belying that he has some Asian heritage.  He stands about 5’11” and is slightly built at a moderate 170 lbs.  His hair is very light, almost white, though he doesn’t seem to bleach it.  It almost reaches his shoulders in length and has a slight natural curl that gives it a perpetual ‘feathered’ appearance.  His dark brown eyes are a stark contrast to his hair, another indicator of some of his Asian heritage.  He takes after his mother…Some would call him good-looking, others would call him cute, but he’s never seen with a girlfriend or anyone really.  He usually wears simple t-shirts and nice jeans, not designer, but not Wal-Mart denim either.  He can generally be seen wearing slip-on sandals and nice sun-glasses.

Played by: Seryna
Torrence Woodward
Appearance: Torrence is 5'8'' with short, bobbed dark brown hair.  Deep blue eyes stare out of a fair face with a light sprinkling of freckles. She is of average build and doesn't have a set 'style'- she tends to shop at Anchor Blue and likes to dress in layers.

History/Information
Torrence is in the college prep courses in school, AP Level, although she suspects that unless she can somehow keeps her grades up and land some scholarships,she'll likely be attending community college for computer programming.
She has a younger sister of whom she is protective (and yes,  likely very annoying for her sister.) [If any one wants to play the sister, feel free]

Played by: Breekan1
Name: Reece Steel
Description: African-american, with a round, friendly face and the steely build of a swimmer. He keeps his head shaved, and dresses sharply- buttoned shirts, crisp slacks, slick shoes, etc... He's tall, about six feet and two inches. His eyes are bright, vivid green.

Personality: A wise-ass, but charming enough that people don't notice. Is very friendly and fun to be around, and as a result gets away with a bit more than he should. Teachers are more lenient when grading him, and whenever he finds himself in a tough spot he excels at talking his way out of it. He's never gotten so much as a parking ticket, though he's not a very attentive driver.

Story: Captain of the men's swim-team and recently-crowned homecoming king. Can be seen volunteering with local kids, tutoring, coaching little league, etc... Isn't quite sure what he's going to study for college- plans to go to the state University. He's currently seeing a girl named Sandra, whom he has dated for one year. They plan to get married some day, the way kids their age always think they will.

Some time last year, Reece was involved in a hit-and-run accident. He didn't look back. He's spent most of his life since trying not to look back. Uncannily astute observers may have noticed a slight weariness around Reece's eyes in the following months- the sense that he was hiding from something, avoiding it. Unfortunately, Reece's loved ones are not uncannily astute observers. His parents (a very successful dentist (his mother) and a community center drama coach (his father)) are proud as peaches of their "star" son (and only child) while Reece's easy-going nature and pseudo-star status naturally keep him at a distance from his friends. Reece has done everything he's been able to to forget the incident- his greatest fear, other than himself, is that Sandra might somehow find out what happened and be subsequently horrified.

Played by: Myitt
Name: Samantha (Sam) Wagner

Appearance: Sam is pale white with freckles and dirty blonde hair--she burns easily in the sun, and it really annoys her.  She's a bit big for her height, 5'5", just a hair overweight but lately she's been trying to work out.  Since that doesn't always happen, she's decided to channel her energy into community service to try and get the best of both worlds.  Her straight blonde hair is almost always up in a pony tail or a french braid; it's a bit past shoulder length when it's down.  Although she looks more Irish than anything, freckles reaching down her arms (from her mother's side), her eyes are bright blue and are definitely her father's German contribution.  She still has braces after a long series of orthodontist visits that started when she was 18.  Her usual attire is bright and clean, nothing really special--mostly whatever's on sale at Old Navy, but she does really like boots, and will frequently be seen wearing a pair of black Doc Martens that she spent a week's pay of part-timing at RadioShack on.

Played by: SigardTormel
Name: Vincent Keene
Appearance: Vincent’s appearance is very different from his personality.  He stands about 6’3” tall and weights only 180.  He has unruly red-brown hair that is cut short.  He doesn’t have facial hair.  Vincent’s most notable feature is his storm cloud gray eyes.  He has a slight muscular build.  His height is mostly in his legs.  Vincent has skin that is more reminiscent of his mother, who was Spanish.

Personality: Unlike his more striking looks Vincent is a loner and bookworm.  His less then social behavior and quiet demeanor often make people forget him.  Though he loves to read especially about history, he does also like to run and keep in shape.  Of course he normally does this alone.  He isn’t very religious but he does have a moral code that he will follow.  Vincent is very intelligent, even has an eidetic memory, but doesn’t often tell what he knows unless asked.  Unfortunately Vincent is very prideful and believes himself right even if there is some evidence against him.  And that is just his most notable qualities.

History: Vincent was born to two archaeologists, Robert Keene and Britney Caquas.  For the first half of his life Vincent traveled with his mother and father around the world.  They often worked on the same digs so Vincent wasn’t separated from either often.  He would travel with his mom when they were separated by different digs.  He learned and lived in many different cultures learning they were all equal.  His mother home schooled him teaching him history, Math, English, and science.

It was only when he turned ten that they decided he needed a stable home and a proper education.  His parents decided to have his aunt and uncle on his mother’s side take him in, of course with their approval.  His aunt and uncle agreed though reluctantly.  They didn’t have any children of their own and didn’t really approve of the way Vincent’s mother and father were raising him.  They didn’t believe archaeology to be a very useful job.  All their efforts to change Vincent’s opinion of archaeology haven’t come to anything yet.

When Vincent was thirteen a tragic event occurred, his parents were killed in a car crash in Cairo.  Or that was the story anyway; they didn’t get the bodies intact but the ashes as they had apparently been cremated.  Vincent had always thought there was something odd about this but could never put his finger on what.  Vincent still hasn’t gotten over their deaths though he doesn’t let it affect his grades.

In the five years since their deaths his aunt and uncle moved around four times.  Because of this he hasn’t been able to make any permanent friends since.  Vincent and his aunt and uncle have only recently moved to town.  Vincent hasn’t made many friends yet and though he has started volunteering at the local public library he has only made a few acquaintances.

NPCs
Jethsa - Samarane - Castant
  • Andalite who commisioned Samantha, Jas and Alec to obtain the Escafil device for her.

Alec (Last name unknown)
A Black man in his early twenties wearing a button up shirt and Dickies shorts.

Morph List

Alec
Alice [Assumed she's already 'acquired a great deal, this wll only list what she uses]
Gardens Guard
Egyptian

Autumn
Brad
  • Bear
  • Salamander

Christina
  • Caranda ( A sea urchin)
  • Cheetah
  • Chimpanzee
  • Coast Garter Snake
  • Condor
  • Common gray fox
  • Cougar
  • Double breasted Coromant
Link
Link

Damien
Eddie
  • Burrowing Owl
  • Gentoo Penguin
  • Harpy Eagle
  • Killer whale
  • Puma
  • Leopard
  • Clouded Leopard
  • Peregrine falcon

Kasey
  • Black Lab Canine
  • Dolphin
  • Hippo
  • Leopard
  • Steller's Sea Eagle
  • Salamander
  • Redtail hawk

Jas
  • Bull snake

Reece
  • Bald Eagle
  • Condor
  • Chimpanzee
  • Crocodile
  • Gorilla
  • Gardens Guard Miller
  • Ladybug
  • Orca
  • Oxpecker
  • Rhino
  • Red diamond rattlesnake
  • Salamander

Torrence
  • African Grey Parrot
  • Forrest Falcon
  • Kiang
  • Leopard
  • Meerkat
  • River Otter
  • Salamander
  • Upbuck
Kiang Link
 Otter Link
Upbuck Link

Samantha

NPCs

Jethsa - Samarane - Castant
  • Caterpillar

Alec (Last name unknown)

[/list][/list]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 01:20:50 PM by Seryna »

Offline FuBar

• Narcoleptic Insomniac. Agoraphobic Claustrophobe.
    • RolePlay Central (RPC)
Re: Prologue: Origins OOC
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 12:43:38 AM »
Just so everyone knows: I've c&p'd some of Alice'n'Eddie's stuff off another RP. They are both my chars and always have been, so I'm not ripping anything off. It sorta-fits with the setting of 'end of school day' we have here anyway, so close enough for me. I cut off at a point within the original version of the post(s) where a change of location is inferred, so someone can try to interact with one or both of them before they wander off. ;)

On an unrelated note:

I think it might be a good idea for all players to exchange IM information so we may better keep in touch with each other... My IM details can be found along with my other information: Below my screen-name and avatar-icon usually found on the left of my posts. (Unless you have disabled some features like image-loading, or have a non-standard layout for some other reason.)

Feel free to add me on whatever network(s) you prefer - I'm on several networks, as you can see.

The sun is rising now where I am, so I better get some sleep I suppose... G'night folks!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 12:52:41 AM by FuBar »
__
Fu

Offline Raven

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 04:47:01 AM »
Seryna, is Raven from RPC ;) Should I post my character here?

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 08:27:21 AM »
I only have AIM, it's in my profile.

Offline FuBar

• Narcoleptic Insomniac. Agoraphobic Claustrophobe.
    • RolePlay Central (RPC)
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 08:50:42 AM »
Hi Raven! *waves enthusiastically*

Welcome to APO! (That's the acronym I'm adopting for this RP; Animorphs Prologue: Origins = APO. I did try including the : in the acronym, but it kept getting converted to an emoticon *shrugs* )
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 08:23:04 PM by FuBar »
__
Fu

Offline Brad the Brit

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Cuz Im British.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 10:33:45 AM »
im on msn its the same as my email.... anyway just pm me if you whant me to do anything spasific...

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 10:59:12 AM »
I'm MessiahDave9 on AIM if anyone needs me

Offline Damien

• Natural law is overrated
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 12:09:39 PM »
I used to have AIM but my mom deleted it off the computer because no-one ever used it.

Anyway I have one question. So in this rp our group is supposed to fail in the end, I"m only asking because it says that in the first post?
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 03:24:41 PM »
Excellent idea- let us exchange messengers.  My messenger is winnifredburkle @yahoo- and as Jess and I conversed well in a private chat hosted by RAF, we could do that too if any one wants to chat other than here.

Raven, its good to have you!  Glad you found your way over okay. Yes, please let me have your character, you can slip in as soon as its up.
Fu, please don't go on about other RPGs in this OOC. Raven will get to it when she gets to it and you can talk to her at RPC about that.

Anyway I have one question. So in this rp our group is supposed to fail in the end, I"m only asking because it says that in the first post?

Yes, this group is intended to fail. They are not the Animorphs. However, I'd like for us to write together for some time, exploring why they failed- and of course, its not all going to be bad. We can see where they succeeded too :)

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 06:27:51 PM »
A Pyrrhic victory would be pretty interesting- perhaps we self-destruct in the course of our final mission, but are able to complete one of our objectives, which somehow enables/aids the Animorphs that do eventually come to be. It could be something seemingly inconsequential, almost accidental, that we accomplish en route to attempting some larger goal that we die (or are otherwise "taken out") in the pursuit of.

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 08:45:06 PM »

I do like the idea of being functional for a bit- for example, they learn and adapt well but then something starts to unravel.  In talking around, a few players have a few ideas for a rift or implosion to occur in the group, as well. It would be a bit of an honor if we can cause a reason for the Animorphs to exist- my minds churning out a few ideas now, lets keep it coming.

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 09:17:48 PM »
If I do say so myself, we are MIGHTY promising group. :)

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 09:28:13 PM »
A bit much trashed, Brad?  :drunk:

Offline Raven

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 02:28:02 AM »
Name: Autumn Fayth Dresden
Appearance: One thing you will notice is her wild beauty, dark/vivid pinkish red locks of hair falls just past her shoulder blades, normally layered, messy and spiky, almost like a mane on a wild animal, except while most would think it would look pathetic, it doesn't, merrily it shows what type of person you are dealing with. Her long, lithe limbs along with a strong frame, this girl is anything but weak, and yet anything but perfect. To call her perfect and pretty will earn you a title of enemy in her eyes, because to her, shes not perfect(no one is anyway), and in her eyes, she doesn't think shes that pretty. Along with all this, her eyes are deep sea green, with a small nose and pale pink lips. Her skin is slightly pale, and often wears dark clothing, gothic styles or her favorite, old victorian era outfits
History/Information: Her parents, still deciding on a name when their daughter was born, gave her the name Autumn Fayth, Autumn because that was the season she was born, and Fayth in honor of her late grandmother. The girl grew up in a rather happy house hold, what she wanted, she would get, never having to work hard for virtually anything. School was a breeze for this female, who made friends with ease, and everything seemed fine. Until her older brother was killed in a car accident, forcing the Dresden's to move to another state, their old home just held too many memories for them to comfortably life there anymore. So from being happy, Autumn began hating her parents for the move, losing her friends and feeling very alone. It was at this time, when her parents were too busy working to numb their pain, her babysitter happened to be more than what meets the eye. The man, who was a well known babysitter, often abused the young Autumn, from sexual to mental, causing her to lash out and refuse to be with anyone.

Growing up with this pain, Autumn became depressed, suicidal and self harmed, eventually turning away from her family to stand on her own, because no one else was going to do it for her. Being strong willed, Autumn never looked back and spent her days at the school which her parents still paid for, and hopes to do something with her life, perhaps join the army, or play the violin which has been a passion ever since she was younger. She isn't a people person at school, sometimes quiet, other times she can get angry and violent, Autumn is a fighter and refuse to give up, or give into her depression nature.

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 02:45:47 AM »
Brad, is that Pimm's you're talking about? I visited the UK this summer and had a bit of the stuff- it's not as easy to come by 'round here- it's pretty lovely, from what I recall.

And it's no excuse for bad typing! After 3 shots of whiskey, 3 of vodka and one and a half of everclear I'm typing QUITE efficiently, thankyouverymuch.  ;)

In all seriousness though, glad to hear you are having a nice night, mister!