Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 227723 times)

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #2910 on: August 07, 2011, 05:07:58 PM »
Sorry, Ive been at a 3-day convention. What happened in my (un)timely, greatly un(noticed) absence?
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2911 on: August 07, 2011, 05:16:48 PM »
Welp, Van figured out Rathien was on his ship, and is pissed. Rathien doesn't seem to care, being as cool as a cucumber, and talking with Ewa like the smooth guy he is.

Ewa, meanwhile, enthralls both of them with her luscious beauty and feats of dexterity regarding the spinning of a vial of Vivalite in her hands. Right now, she also just tried out a teeny, tiny drop of the drug, and Van's responded in kind.

Rathien will now likely notice her ability to change around her body, what with the pigment patterns in her hand she demonstrated, which is not what Van wants.

And that's what's happened with my end, so far.

And the gloriously awesome Keshin and Joanne have finally dropped back into the Bar. I am going to be so amused, while simultaneously thinking about how hot Keshin is. Hahahaha.

Mar has entered... Mar-land, I suppose, with Salem or something. We knew that long ago.
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline SamiChee

• Sami Chee is here to play!!!
    • Realm of Dreams
« Reply #2912 on: August 08, 2011, 09:21:18 PM »
Hello. My name is Sami Chee. KitsuneMarie invited me to the GESB. And I would LOVE to join ^.^ But I am still not sure where to jump in at..... Or rather, how to make my appearance. I talked to Kitsune about everything, but am still very cautious. I was thinking about making my own race, even though I am only using one character. That way I can have the character I have always wanted. It is NOT god-modding/power playing. I swear. And if I seem like I ever am, please, alert me immediately x.x I have a tendency to try to start god-modding if I get angry. But what I was thinking about my race was Humanoid (at least), and has the same morphing capabilities that the Andalites do, but don't have a time limit. And they can become whatever they invision. Only problem is, if they get hurt in morph, they stay hurt in original form. That way they are mortal >.< And now that I have this, since it seems pretty rock solid even though I didn't mean to make it here and now, I just need to know how I should present my character. Can anyone help?? Its ok if you don't. I'm going to try to read the last few pages of the thread, but I don't think it will help me much.

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2913 on: August 08, 2011, 09:52:00 PM »
My advice on making an entrance is doing what you feel is comfortable. For example you could sit in a dark corner and be a silent observer until you 'see' a character that catches your interest. On my second character I stumbled into the bar extremely injured and nearly died. You could also just kick the door open and announce yourself in a loud voice (That would be memorable and funny especially everybody's reaction). However like I said before just do what you feel is comfortable and go with the flow. After a while it becomes really easy.

Also welcome to the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #2914 on: August 08, 2011, 10:07:23 PM »
Thanks xD I am currently doing something else for an Animorph roleplay, but I'm going to try to think up my entrance post too. I have ADHD and cannot focus on one thing at a time so having multiple things to do helps haha

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #2915 on: August 08, 2011, 10:21:55 PM »
I think my character's arrival posts have mostly been descriptions of their ships landing (or crashing) on the planetoid in various states of disrepair. XD
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #2916 on: August 08, 2011, 10:24:59 PM »
Mine is waking up with amnesia near the lake. She knows who and what she is, but not how she got there. Since I am clueless anyway, it works xD

EDIT: Also, didn't notice. But what time of day is it right now in GESB?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 10:28:07 PM by SamiChee »

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2917 on: August 08, 2011, 11:11:27 PM »
I. Am. So. Stoked. To have real Keshin back ^_^

EDIT: Also, didn't notice. But what time of day is it right now in GESB?

That's... a very good question :P The time of day at the bar seems to adjust itself according to whoever's posting. I know I'm not alone in that I always seem to picture it being night. Haha. You can just write it as whatever you'd prefer. Time is a... remarkably fluid concept at the GESB.

In any case, welcome to the bar ^_^ If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask, and in case you haven't already, you probably want to at least read over the first post in this thread. Other than that, just have fun.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #2918 on: August 09, 2011, 12:35:36 AM »
Thanks ^.^ Well, I posted my introduction. I hope it was ok >.< I feel like I am intruding on the roleplay by just going "Oh hai. I want to join." its wierd....

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2919 on: August 09, 2011, 12:39:34 AM »
Don't worry Sami my character did pretty much the same thing when he entered. Except he lost conciousness and crashed to the floor. I'm pretty sure his dried blood is still all over the floor in front of the door since no one bothers to clean up around here. :P I'm sure somebody will notice and fix you up.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #2920 on: August 09, 2011, 12:57:23 AM »
I hope so xD Or else my green alien butt will die on the doorstep to the bar lol

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2921 on: August 09, 2011, 08:01:32 AM »
You aren't intruding, Sami. Welcome! The entire point of this rpg is that people can come and go whenever they want! Some of us just never leave. Hehe...

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #2922 on: August 09, 2011, 12:35:17 PM »
haha xD It is just, with my roleplays, I tell people to message me the characters and even some practice posts, that way I can tell if they are at least semi-literate and can make actual posts that make sense. It kind of throws me when other people don't really care about it, but hey. It is their roleplays. I have nothing against it, except that I don't do it xD

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2923 on: August 09, 2011, 12:38:01 PM »
Well, don't get me wrong. We care quite a bit about literacy and making sense.  We try to stay away from one-line posts and we like to see character development rather than a lot of action (this is not a plot-driven rp so much). But the bar also allows the individual player a lot of freedom.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #2924 on: August 09, 2011, 01:27:22 PM »
I understand  :) now I am just kind of waiting around for people to get on.... I really haven't roleplayed in such a long time