Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333868 times)

Offline Saphire

• Newbie Welcomer of late, Great Hearalder of Bear??
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #14055 on: February 06, 2011, 07:11:55 PM »
The fox's eyes widened as a voice entered her head, the thing standing before her large and somewhat horse-like.
Her first reaction was shock, her entire body stock-still as she stared.. Rather rudely.

<It's talking- It's in my head! It's in my head, what do I do?! How can that happen? I can't-OH Gods.>
Apparently, she'd just noticed that the shape before her also had a long, spike-tipped tail as well as two long eyes besides the main ones on his face.
<What.. IS.. that? It asked a question- Awnser! Awnser-Gods it looks like it could tear me in half..>

"I am.. Alright." She said very stiffly, still not moving hardly at all. It was a while before, in her jumble of thoughs the idea of a name occured to her.

"My name is Saphire.. I..am lost."

Well darn. My sig USED to be fuller... 0o;
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
 “I'll smoke a brisket, and I drink water, but that's about it... might have an aspirin if I need it.”

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14056 on: February 06, 2011, 07:28:01 PM »
<You do realize you are projecting your thoughts, correct?> claxter asked. <My kind uses thought speech as our normal means of talking, though when we're very young we don't have full control of what we're projecting, and what we aren't. If you are unfamiliar with thought speech, I can probably help with that.> He lowered his tail a little, as she seemed to notice it and was projected concerned thoughts about it. <I won't harm you. Why don't you come inside the bar so you don't become too cold?>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14057 on: February 06, 2011, 08:21:06 PM »
Terenia shrugs moodily. She really is not too excited to recount her ordeal with Tamora to anyone, especially not the person who holds control of her fate. But she also does not want to appear as though she is being brought in to be punished. Ossanlin or Claxter delivering the news reminds her uncomfortably of her father, forcing her to stand there while he told her mother everything she had done wrong.

<I will...tell him,> Terenia says hesitantly. <Though perhaps some sort of memory dump would be more...objective.>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #14058 on: February 06, 2011, 10:04:10 PM »
((Still no Aluminator. Nuuu. D: He went to space. ))

It doesn't take long for Keshin to reach the Bar again. She steps into the place and sits at the Bar. "Another drink, please," she mutters carelessly to the Bartender. The Bartender glances Keshin over, nods, and begins serving up another drink.

It bothers Keshin somewhat that the man called Corliss seemed to know who she was. Even if she had heard of him from the Sub-Visser, there would be no reason for him to know what Joanne looked like. She wondered whether there was anyone else in the Bar who had met this "other her" and what this person had been doing at the Bar. She decided that she'd drink for a little while and then ask around. Who knows? The query might lead somewhere.

Offline Saphire

« Reply #14059 on: February 07, 2011, 12:16:06 AM »
"C..old?" <He's speaking in my head. He's talking to me.. Okay.. Not a big deal.. He's not Anubis, he's okay. You're okay.. Bizarre, wierd thing.. But okay..>
With effort, she made eye contact with him and tried to grasp reality. "So.. You can hear..What's in my head.." She allowed the creature to lead her towards the bar, only half conscious of how very soaked she was. Mostly she was brooding on the idea that someone, without any effort at all, could access her mind. This scared her.

While she walked, her tail stayed just above the grass and dirt due to it being a bit too heavy to move around freely, caked with muddy water. "Ah, Claxter, did you say? Claxter, I'm really.. I'm sorry. I'm not usually.." <So insanely rude.. so very, very rude. I just washed up in a lake, wet, nasty lake, don't know where I am, Nearly died.. Kinor.> "Wait, where.. Where am I? I need to know- It's important.."

“I'll smoke a brisket, and I drink water, but that's about it... might have an aspirin if I need it.”

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14060 on: February 07, 2011, 12:22:11 AM »
I can hear your thoughts only because you are projecting them. Try to concentrate on an image of yourself when thinking, and try not to think loudly. It helped when I was younger. You will learn to not broadcast all your thoughts via thought speech with some practice.>

<You are at the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar. A strange place with strange people from different universes.>

Claxter wasn't sure if Silver was safe being alone with Theta, but he didn't want to lead Sapphire to Theta either.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Saphire

« Reply #14061 on: February 07, 2011, 01:36:26 AM »
"<But I'm not thinking loudly..>" She mumbled quietly, both in her head and out, looking out over the grass as she walked next to him. When he mentioned the Space Bar, she tilted her head to the side, a look of confusion on her face. "People from different universes? That means my appearence won't cause a scene, right? <Because a scene is the last thing I want here. He looked. I shouldn't even be here.. Where IS here.. He looked. How'm I going to get back now? The Chaos Dimension won't hold me- HE's pro'lly wrecking hav- He's looking over towards the unusual metal buildings.. Over and ove- Oh, sorry. Damn..> The creature had turned his head towards her, and she could only assume that he was 'hearing' her again. Saph cleared her throat for a moment. "It's just.. You do keep looking over there. If you need to go, you can... It's not the new surroundings that bother me, just the.." She tapped her forehead with a finger, shrugging. <So bizarre..>
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 02:31:47 AM by Saphirestarr14 »

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #14062 on: February 07, 2011, 02:16:40 AM »
Nothing. There was nothing in here. What was that smell? Maybe it was just some herb or dye or something. Whatever it was, it wasn't edible. Forget that. Have to find out where I am. Have to find the Yeerks, if they're here.... Iosse stepped out of the room, right in view of everyone in the bar. He was edgy being in front of so many people that he didn't know, but then again, none of them were apparently dangerous. He spoke in Gallard, "SSSSSsssware rrrrisss thisssssk? Kree eeeeYeerkksss...."

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #14063 on: February 07, 2011, 06:17:29 AM »
Ossanlin ****s his head a bit.  <Yes, a memory dump would be a lot easier for you wouldn't it?  He needs to be told by a person, not a projection.  Do you not think it would mean more, perhaps show you are willing to take responsibility for your actions, if you told him directly yourself?>
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14064 on: February 07, 2011, 06:49:30 AM »
Terenia's shoulders stiffen at Ossanlin's suggestion. She feels far too much like a disobedient child being reprimanded, and his gentle nudges are not helping.

<If you say so,> she mutters darkly, recognizing that the easiest way to deal with this particular insult is to barrel through as quickly as possible. She takes a deep breath and fixes Ossanlin with an even glare.

<I will do whatever you think is most beneficial to my case, Prince Ossanlin,> she says. If she had a throat she would have choked on the fake sweetness coming from her thoughts, but instead she offers up a forced smile.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14065 on: February 07, 2011, 08:47:43 AM »
Elayne shrugs and gives Trey a smile. "I'll do my best to keep him from taking out too much on you. Inexplicably, he likes me, and--maybe just as inexplicably--I like him." She shrugs, laughing, but the sound catches in her throat as the Taxxon enters the room. It has been... years since a Taxxon was seen on Earth; they had all traded their forms for one less ravenous.

"Now that is enough to unsettle me," she murmurs, watching the jelly-eyed creature cautiously, her hand creeping to the back of her chair as she turns, ready to jump to her feet, if needed. Although she has never seen one, everyone knows stories about their insane, perpetual hunger.

Upon reaching his ship, Illim brings the computer to life with a wave of his hand over the motion-activated holoscreen, and a quiet hum accompanied by a peaceful white light fills the small cabin. He orders a scan of the other ships in the area, wanting to know who he might be dealing with, and whether any are likely potential hosts.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #14066 on: February 07, 2011, 10:22:06 AM »
We looked back at the female.

<We... apologize for any offense. None was meant. We simply are stating that you will be enough help for Us. Whether or not you are helpful.>

We walked up to Theta-457 Transport 01, <This is Our ship. Their damage is now 34.2% complete.>

We pressed a DNA scanner on the hull of the Transport. It scanned the units DNA code...

DNA...the individual, Manifest.

There was no individual.

I turned back to the human, <You may work on section Zeta-2. Unit Theta-4578 of Adjunct Pi-675810, Unit Theta-4579 of Adjunct Pi-675810, and Unit Theta-4580 of Adjunct Pi-675810 will assist you. Be attentive to repairing the Zeta division Quantryon Beam arrays. This unit will be working on Section Alpha.>

The ramp materialized in front of Us, <There you are. None of the drones will assimilate you. That will be Our job. Once you are done, come see Us. We are heading back to the bar to look for more help.>

We trotted off towards the establishment.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:35:16 AM by Rhohawk »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14067 on: February 07, 2011, 11:12:00 AM »
<It is fine. I do not need to leave you, Sapphire.> claxter said. what he didn't project was that he didn't want to hurry back towards Theta. He entered the bar, and scanned the room. It was the same, except for a Taxxon. His tail immediately jerked up to the battle position. A Human controller was one thing, but a Taxxon controller was another. He was trying to speak, but it was hard to make out. He seemed to be asking about Yeerks.

<Identify yourself, Yeerk. > He said with little malice, though it likely wouldn't help much. Even his internal translator had trouble with Taxxon "speech".

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #14068 on: February 07, 2011, 03:35:34 PM »
Salem frowned at Mar's statement, and thought, going over everything Mar had said to him, and the potential gains. He thought a little harder than he'd intended, and probably seemed dazed for several minutes as his mind wandered. Finally, he shook his head, snapping out of his stupor. This place is doing things to my brain, he thought, slightly concerned.

He looked at Mar and narrowed his eyes. "That, what you said, about mortals having a tendency to screw up the gifts of an immortal. That's kind of what I'm talking about. If I'm not... equipped to deal with your end of the trade... well, I guess I don't understand the potential consequences. I get the feeling that's exactly the kind of thing Myitt was talking about." He smirked. "I'm a big boy. I admit to not knowing everything." He laughed and winked, "Just don't let anyone else know. I've got a reputation to uphold."

At that moment, a Taxxon burst through the back room and yelled something. It sounded like Gallard, but the accent was so thick, Salem couldn't really understand it. He ****ed his head as he glanced at it. It hadn't occurred to him before, but Taxxons were one of the most common Yeerk species- certainly more abundant than Hork-Bajir- yet there seemed to be a shortage of them at this bar.

Without missing a beat, Salem pointed his device at the Taxxon and pressed a few buttons, causing it to trill. He continued speaking to Mar. "Just because I'm declining our deal doesn't mean we can't be civil, though, right? For example, if you want the information this thing gathered on you, I'd be willing to just take a quick DNA sample for it. I'm a little curious to see what you actually are. Information for information. Also," he grinned and nodded towards Elayne and Trey, "you could introduce me to those two and I could buy you a drink. Little things, doncha know?"

What the Taxxon had asked finally clicked for Salem. He called over his shoulder to it, "This place is a 'Galaxy's Edge Space Bar,' apparently. Couple'a Yeerks around. Couple non-Yeerks too."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #14069 on: February 07, 2011, 04:44:50 PM »
Fiona's hand jerks, making her straw-structure collapse. She sighs testily, turning around to see who interrupted her... uh... very important activity, and... stares. "Freakin' circus in here," she mutters, leaning her elbow on the bar. She doesn't understand a word the Taxxon says--even if she could recognize it, she only knows one word of Gallard, and she's pretty sure it's a curse word.

She glances at the guy in the cowboy get-up as he speaks, then shrugs and reaches for her glass. Someone else understands, at least. She picks up a straw and starts spinning it on the bar counter.