Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333722 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #12495 on: December 14, 2010, 06:57:59 AM »
Terenia's shoulder muscles grow taut as Ossanlin kneels down next to Corliss. She does not speak to him, and does not meet his gaze. Instead, she stares down at Corliss, waiting for him to accept or deny the injection.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #12496 on: December 14, 2010, 07:37:34 AM »
Morgan nodded as he glanced back at the ship.

"I'd appreciate that," he said, "lot of stuff to get done. Haven't had much time to get repairs done lately and the work has been piling up.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #12497 on: December 14, 2010, 08:52:03 AM »
Mar nods carefully at what Fiona has said. "So you do periodically mess up. People grasp that the person they are witnessing is not the person they loved and attempt to get rid of you. With most demons it is...well..."

Mar snickers, finally grasping what appears to be his wine glass. He's not completely clear on how much wine he's actually had in this Bar or even how drunk he is. The Bar's...like that. He is pretty sure that he is a bit drunk already, though. Oh well. "...different. Demons range in intelligence wildly, and the really stupid ones have very obvious effects on those they possess. You can't miss it. The smarter ones just create a sort of disturbing distancing effect or decide to make it clear what is happening to others."

"As for myself...well I haven't personally done it in years," Mar shrugs. "It is much easier to incarnate and forget, and leave the grunt work to the idiots."

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #12498 on: December 14, 2010, 09:44:52 AM »
"Unfortunately, I have to learn as I go. Also, I have a tendency to pick up habits from my hosts--very small things, like..." Fiona lifts her glass. "Like a taste for gin and tonic, for instance." She sets down on the bar again. "Which looks kind of weird if your host doesn't drink. Otherwise, I've gotten fairly good at passing. And after awhile you get used to new habits."

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #12499 on: December 14, 2010, 11:12:33 AM »
"Don't think I'm really going anywhere, anyway, mate," Corliss murmurs, staring at the needle at Mike's neck.  "It's a good thing he's out of it; he hates needles."  In spite of himself, he shudders.  "Go ahead, then."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #12500 on: December 14, 2010, 11:29:32 AM »
Vekk sighed, "Yes. Quite. Go ahead."

Supreme Admiral Vekk ordered the Xittol to bring him a chair. He quickly obeyed, and once the Admiral sat, John began his side of the story...
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #12501 on: December 14, 2010, 02:10:05 PM »
Al glanced around at the gathered men and woman, and leaned in as he gathered up his pile of chips as he said with a grin, "Alright, storytime, boys and girls. I've actually only been to Earth a few times, and then only to the world capital. Paris, I think it's called. I usually only stay long enough to get a few million people partying, maybe TP a few government buildings and spaceships, and then leave, but I have managed to get a pretty decent impression of the place," he said, as he leaned forward again and gathered up everyone's cards.

"It's a fun little place. Very clean, very beautiful, though I get the feeling that most of Paris is directed at tourists. You'd probably have to dig to find the genuine human culture on that rock. It's a sparsely populated planet, from what I hear; less than three billion inhabitants, with nearly a third of that in and around Paris itself." He glanced around at the group and began expertly shuffling the cards as he continued, "Only about ten percent of that population is human, from what I've seen. I can only go on hearsay for anything outside of Paris, but it sounds like there are a number of other major and minor cities scattered across the planet, most of them maintained with the same clean, inviting atmosphere as Paris. Outside of the cities, Earth is apparently a favorite spot for political retreats and high-cost getaways." He began to deal the cards. "Most of the planet has apparently been allowed to remain wild. My friend Flordia could tell you more. As a nature nut, she loved it there. There are quite a few resorts meant to take advantage of that across the planet."

He finished dealing, but avoided picking up his cards as he continued speaking. "I think the population of the Sol system is something like twenty five billion. Don't know how that compares to whenever you guys are from, but it's kind of nice to go to a place that's not jam-packed with people. Except during tourist season. The largest concentration of people, obviously, is on Earth itself. For a while during the IPA's heyday, that solar system had a fair amount of political power as well. I never really could figure out why."

"I think we've probably got more information... historical information and stuff, I mean, on our ship's computer. You guys are kind of getting me interested in Earth history right now. Anyway, if you want to know more, I could go look it up. Ante up, guys."

Salem walked into his ship and stroked the wall three times. Three separate compartments slid open; one in the floor, one in the wall towards the front, and one larger one in the wall near him. He began walking around, gathering items, both from their spots on the shelves around him, and in the compartments he'd opened.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 02:11:56 PM by Kit Festivus Pole »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #12502 on: December 14, 2010, 02:56:39 PM »
John nodded and cleared his throat. "Thank you. Bear and I," here he gestured to me, "were in the bar when Vogefak and Fenebok walked. I started a conversation with them and Fenebok was being rude. He left and then came back with what you call Sol-claws. He knocked out Vogefak and then threatened me. When Vogefak came to. Fenebok left angry. Vogefak apologized for Fenebok's behavior and then followed him out. A short while later he  ran back into the bar asking for a pilot with a ship because Fenebok had stolen it. I volunteered and then we chase Fenebok down. I rammed the ship because Fenebok would not let us board. We enter the nose hatch on my ship and went to find Fenebok. He was in the bridge. While Vogefak was trying to convince him to surrender peacefully he lunged so I shot his claws and bear bit his leg. That about sums it up."
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #12503 on: December 14, 2010, 03:08:52 PM »
"I can do much that you don't know of. I'm a mystery to the world. Not even those who gave me these abilities knows what I can do. I heard him clear as if he had been right here." She said a little embarrassed. "In fact I'm still learning of what all I can do."
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #12504 on: December 14, 2010, 03:22:12 PM »
"To be honest," Tora tells Myitt, "I am not entirely sure what prompted the attack. I was having trouble lifting off, so I activated the weapons, thinking that a small energy blast would provide the momentum I needed to escape gravity. Apparently, this was seen as a threatening move." Within a few moments, she can smell the acrid scent of burning chemicals coming from her ship.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #12505 on: December 14, 2010, 03:23:46 PM »
Vekk was about to say something. Kikulon broke in.

"Let us assume this is true. Now, Vogefac, how do you account for your failure to report to us on the goings-on of the Aurkawzen sector? That was your mission, and your priority was to get back to us. Why were you not on your way, or at least in in the process of raising us on subspace?"

"I...my priorities were...that is to say...Prime Sovereign Kikulon. I believe the answer I must give is that...I don't know."

I looked at John and Bear and shrugged.

Fenebok snarled, and looked at John, "What I really want to know is what business the Human had injuring a Reptilinod Warrior!!!"

Vogefac got a brilliant idea, {Say something humiliating...maybe refer to the fact that your "pet" was the one that took him out easiest.}
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #12506 on: December 14, 2010, 03:28:12 PM »
"All I did was shoot your weapon but it wasn't hard for Bear to break your leg." John glances at me and then looks back at Fenebok.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 03:31:13 PM by Cobra »
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #12507 on: December 14, 2010, 04:23:22 PM »
Ossanlin nods.  <It's actually not a needle, so Mike needn't worry.  The mister will atomize the injection and force it through Mike's skin without leaving an open wound.>  Ossanlin depresses the button on the back of the mister and a short "hissing" noise can be heard as the mister administers the dosage to Mike's bloodstream.  <This should begin to reduce the swelling within a few minutes, the weakening will occur along with the reduction in swelling.  It would be best to get Mike to a med-bay to see if there's any other damage, particularaly permanent neural damage.>
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #12508 on: December 14, 2010, 04:27:14 PM »
"I guess I can take him to mine." Temrash said. "He'll be safer there in case Terenia decides to let Efaen run around on her own again."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #12509 on: December 14, 2010, 06:47:50 PM »
Trey rotates his arm, inspecting his newly bandaged side, as Asda runs off to take care of another emergency.

"No shortage of injuries here..." he notes, rising to his feet. One hand rises to his pocket, fingers fishing around inside until they find the computer chip that has found a home there. Satisfied that it is still in his possession he glances around the bar. Mar has re-entered, but no Elayne. This strikes him as a bit odd, but he does not particularly want to speak to Mar. Trey resolves to try his luck out in the shipyard first and slips out the door.

"And here I thought you people were all for letting your hosts have control every once in awhile. Equal rights and all that, right?" Terenia says to Temrash coldly. Planting her palms on the dirty, sticky floor of the bar she pushes herself upward, rising to her feet. She still refuses to meet Ossanlin or Temrash's gaze.

"I'm going with him, wherever you take him." She says firmly.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 06:50:41 PM by Christmas T »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013