Author Topic: Hi, kril here  (Read 854 times)

Offline kril5372

Hi, kril here
« on: March 04, 2013, 10:33:05 PM »
Hi guys, I'm kril5372. Sorry for the annoyingly vague screen name, I just use the same one everywhere because my memory is going the way of the dinosaurs, but I realize it's both unrelated and boring.

Welp. I stumbled across this site when googling Everworld, which I just finished re-reading for the first time since the early 2000's. Huuuge Animorphs fan back in the day as well- I had that fan group necklace that was advertised in the back of one of the books and everything. Again though, haven't really read Animorphs since the early aughts. Still, it's one of my all-time favorite series.

But I am here because *drumroll* EVERWORLD!! Yes, I betray the whole point of this forum. But I want answers. I want to talk about my feelings about it. I maybe even want the finest, most seemingly-K.A.-Applegate-written fanfic. Because that series ended way too soon! So, maybe I'll see you around.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
Re: Hi, kril here
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 12:05:24 AM »
WELCOME TO RAF! :D I'm Steph.

Also, the fact that you're here for Everworld makes you kind of awesome. I mean, OBVIOUSLY. You found us. And we're only visible to the awesome people. But... you know... it's nice to hear, anyway...

...I'm sorry. I've been kind of sleep-deprived. BUT HI WELCOME!

Offline Underseen

• One of RAFs resident ShapeShifters
  • Xtreme Member
  • Feisty Generation Fifteen
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 01:15:50 AM »
Sup Krillin.... Can I call you that?
RAF awards 2012: Best Newcomer... It feels good too

Well, Blue is my RAFcousin.
 Blaze is my RAFbrother and formidable rival.

Offline kril5372

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 05:20:13 AM »
Ha, you can absolutely call me Krillin.

Nice to meet you guys! I'm glad to finally be surrounded by like-minded, Everworld-lovin' awesome people like yourselves :D

It's pretty cool people still care about these series 10+ years after they ended. They're just that good!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 10:17:25 AM »
Hi there, kril5372!  Your name sounds rather Yeerkish, if you don't mind me saying so.  Which is perfectly fine, of course.  We welcome Yeerks just as much as any species.

As for Everworld, yeah, I was frustrated by the ending at first, too.  But after a while, I came to realise that it couldn't have ended much better any other way.
[spoiler]The final battle at the end was built up to be so epic that it couldn't have been anything but a letdown, had it actually been written.  Leaving it untold gives our imaginations free reign to let it be as legendary as it could ever have been.[/spoiler]

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 06:24:00 PM »
I liked mythology even before reading Everworld, but loved it even more afterwards. Yes it was a shame to see the series end so soon (compared to Animorphs at least) but Dino has a good point about the ending. Even the great KA would have struggled to write something awesome enough to compete with my imagination of an epic battle involving Vikings, Merlin, various deities, aliens and an alien god-eating deity. :P
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!