Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 591498 times)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #5160 on: December 11, 2015, 10:41:25 PM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER FIVE:
Fun. Right.

"Very funny, Saffa," Abby said.

"I'm serious," Saffa said, completely deadpan. "Very serious."

"I'm not too far from agreeing," Cloak said.

Then one sprite giggled -- how Cloak hated that sound  -- then flew with alarming rapidly in a rather large, but tight circle to lift GH up. But the flight path was in control of GH and not the sprite. The sprite was essentially allowing him to fly.

"Woo!" he exclaimed. "These sprites are alright!"

"No. No, they are not." Faerie said.

"That sounds a little speciesist," Underseen noted.

"You don't know them like I do," Faerie said, smacking one away.

"How do you know them?" Quaf said.

"I . . . I rather not talk about it," Faerie said, repressively.

"Oh, c'mon, Faerie," Sorunome conjoled. Then she addressed a sprite, "Uh, no. No, thank you, I can fly on my own, thanks." Then, as the sprite flew away looking disappointed and dejected, she returned to conjole Faerie, but was cut of by the faerie herself.

"I said no, Sorunome!" Faerie said, very firmly. "These sprites may seem like fun in the short-term, but, mark my words, the novelty will soon wear off. And it will wear off."

She stared around to see no one but Cloak and Saffa really paying attention to her.

"Mark my words," she finished, somewhat lamely. "It starts off with fun and games, then the sun sets . . ."

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #5161 on: December 12, 2015, 07:35:06 AM »
Finally got off work for the weekend and got the PDF up. Next time I'm just taking this thing with me.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5162 on: December 12, 2015, 08:16:19 AM »
Thank you kindly. :)

New chapter.

CHAPTER SIX:
A Serious Drawback

"Get any closer to me, and you won't be leaving here alive, sprite," Cloak said, as one approached him cheekily. He was in a very irritable mood right now. "Don't tempt me, pal. Go. Away."

"Come sun up," Faerie said, "the honeymoon will be over."

"What d'you mean exactly?" Saffa asked.

"You'll find out soon enough," Faerie said, unintentionally ominious. "You'll find out at daybreak."

"You don't have to be so cryptic, you know," Saffa said.

The RAFians had to explain the sprites that they had to sleep at night, as the sun was beginning his slow descent into its nightly slumber. But the sprites were not done having fun, and was wondering why everyone had been slowing down, apparently utterly unfamiliar with the concept of exhaustion.

Apparently, sprites can go on and on forever, with no sign of whatever their source of sustenance was. This was considered highly suspect by Cloak, but Cloak had had problems with suspicion and paranoia. He was being very guarded with these sprite people.

This seemed unfathomable by species well aware of the fact exhaustion exist. It seemed to to be a bit of interspecies disconnect, of sort. They had to explain that sleeping ends during the daytime, and, when pressed, they had to explain that was when the sun came back up. They seemed somewhat satisfied with that explanation, perhaps a little too satisfied.

Yeah, that wouldn't come to bite them in the butt in the end.

Naturally, at daybreak, with the excpetion of Faerie, Cloak, and Saffa, all RAFians were awakened by excited sprites, giggling like schoolgirls. They were having as much fun as the RAFians the day previously, and they eagerly keen to restart that fun.

What they didn't anticipate was the RAFian grogginess. They seemed to ignored that, and were very eager for everyone to get up. Suddenly, the sprite popularity, as Faerie predicted, began to plummet. But another day of fun flying about and things, quickly put it out of their collective minds.

Cloak didn't understand this. It was obvious that they'd just do this again tomorrow, right? But he just chalked it up to one of those idiosyncrasies that he'd never be able to grasp.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #5163 on: December 12, 2015, 09:37:58 AM »
That's it, the next thing I'm drawing is Saffa's "white people" eyeroll. :P

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5164 on: December 13, 2015, 11:47:24 AM »
Draw me and gh! ;)

New chapter.

CHAPTER SEVEN:
Fun Becomes Done

The next few days Cloak, Saffa, and Faerie found grating. The house-elves were not too thrilled with the sprites either, but they had work to do. They could not be bothered with being annoyed, the place needed to be cleaned and such. Cloak had to admire their dedication.

The others were starting to feel the same, slowly but surely. The flying games started to become old and tired, but the sprites remained blissfully ignorant of this change, oblivious whilst reveling about in their childish glee. Their childlike naivety led the sprites to overlook and not notice the RAFians reluctance to their games.

"Alright, alright," Dino said, her tone not betraying her annoyance, "Sprinkles, put me down now."

"Sprinkles?" Saffa expression due to hearing such an overly-saccharine name was priceless. Then Sprinkles started jabbering that annoying, high-pitched voice, that she agreed with Cloak on being grating. The game of "Twenty Thousand Questions" never really appealed to her. "Oh, shut it already!"

While they were still giving Cloak a wide birth, they did not hold the same kind of . . . of fear that they had of Cloak. The Realm Walker clearly radiated a power that they did not want to trifle with, or perhaps they just sensed his natural Walker corona.

"Get. Away. From. Me," Faerie said, with gnashing teeth dangerously, addressing a puke green sprite. "Or I shall not be responsible FOR MY ACTIONS!!"

The feeling seemed to be catching. The others were really liking be woken up at the crack of dawn every morning. After a while, that starts to wear on people. Their feelings toward the sprites were frosty and threadbare, at most, now. But the sprites remained blissfully oblivious of this waning popularity.

It was only a matter of time before someone snapped.

Meanwhile, Cloak was still in one of his moods. He was rather prone to lashing out when he got like this, and he usually isolated himself, stole himself away from everyone. Also because he was very close to incinerating those sprites, though it probably was not undue.

He spent this time doing what he usually did during these timespans. Introspection.

Cloak, despite all appearances to the contrary, was a gentle soul. He never liked killing, and believed it not to be as easy as the inexperienced believed it to be. It was one reason that he never really used his power at its full zenith. Wait . . . that was not exactly accurate, was it? When he was under the influence of the Touch of Corruption, inflicted on him by the son of Cataclysm, he lost all his compunction to pacifism, lost all the fear of his admittingly massive power. He felt shame to admit that, under the influence of the Touch, he actually reveled in such power, losing every ounce of compassion he possessed. He felt that was his greatest shame, and was just thankful that Faith and Shadow were there to stop him . . .

He looked at his black gloved right hand, as he stood alone in his thread. He again found himself wondering if he was really worthy of this burden of power. Wondering if he was wielding it was wisely. Wondering . . .

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #5165 on: December 14, 2015, 12:45:10 AM »
Well I'm not really that skilled at drawing animals (yet), so Realm Walkers may be a bit of a problem. :P

Also, where did the black glove come from?

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5166 on: December 14, 2015, 12:54:21 AM »
Draw me and gh! ;)

Well I'm not really that skilled at drawing animals (yet), so Realm Walkers may be a bit of a problem. :P

I'm sure it would turn out better than drawing me, at least. Your hand would just fall off in protest as soon as you'd start to draw my face. :P

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5167 on: December 14, 2015, 04:11:33 AM »
Also, where did the black glove come from?

It's part of my normal Realm Walker attire. The other hand is gloved too.

:edit: New chapter.

CHAPTER EIGHT:
Get Lost!!

"Hey! Listen! Hey, listen! Hey, listen! " a voicd was saying.

GH groaned and uttered an audible, frustrated sigh.

"C'mon! C'mon! C'mon!" a sprite declared. "Get up, get up, get up!"

GH groaned again and defiantly turned over in his bed. He had difficulty going to sleep last night, as the sprite decided to go through his things during the dead of the night, and it wasn't too discrete about it.

"The sun is coming up! It's time to play! It's sunrise!" the sprite insisted excitedly. "The sun is coming back! Sorta."

GH threw his pillow at the sprite, who still did not seem to get the message, thinking that this was a semi-new game, as GH did it the day preciously as well, but had hit Leatherhead by mistake. Leatherhead had apparently decided that this was the sprite's fault, and, in so following this belief, would snap at the spindly limbs of the creatures if they got within range.

"C'mon, friend! It is time to play!"

"Go away, Cupcake," GH muttered.

"C'mon!" the sprite whined. There was a soft twang sound, and GH's eyes snapped open as anger seethed violently within him.

GH flung his legs over his bed in a very angry and hostile manner. Cupcake remained oblivious to this irritation on the part of the RAFian, instead it thought that it had successfully conjoled GH into playing with it.

"Yay!"

"Knock it off!" GH snarled harshly. He didn't care how severe and cross he sounded. He was tired of being woken up at the crack of dawn. "Get. Out."

"What?"

"I said, GET OUT!!" GH roared harshly. He had snapped. "I MEAN it this time!! Get the BLOODY HELL out of my thread!!"

Cupcake looked a bit hurt at his tone, but clearly did not seem to understand. But GH's tirade was not done. He was very fed up.

"I will NOT be getting up at the fracking crack of dawn anymorw!! I will have some time to myself, to do as I please!! Go away, Cupcake! Just go away! Get the hell out of here!! You wore out your welcome!! You wore it out a long time ago!! I've tried to be nice, but that's over now. Now, get!! Lost!!"

There were similar reactions from the other RAFians, except Cloak, Faerie, Saffa, and Estelore (who wasn't even present). And, yet, the sprites still did not get it. They did not understand nor comprehend that the RAFians were exceedingly annoyed with them. They just wanted to play. Was that so wrong?

Saffa surveyed these reactions rather placidly from her own thread, decorated in her unique tastes. She couldn't help but wonder what took the others so long to come to the conclusion that these sprites were very annoying.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 06:56:20 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5168 on: December 14, 2015, 08:23:47 PM »
"I will NOT be getting up at the fracking crack of dawn anymorw!! I will have some time to myself, to do as I please!!

Pretty much my reaction when I graduated high school. :P

Also, if you're implying that the Sprite broke a string on a guitar (which I think you are), there is no way it would be leaving this encounter alive.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5169 on: December 14, 2015, 09:14:18 PM »
Naw, just stepped on and tripped over on of the strings. Your guitar is as iconic to you as my cloak is to me, so I wouldn't destroy any part of it.

. . .

*sinister look* This year anyway.

. . .

God, I've been overdoing it with Markiplier Prop Hunt videos.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #5170 on: December 15, 2015, 12:17:43 AM »
As a person who usually prefers waking at the very healthy hour of 12 pm, I feel you.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5171 on: December 15, 2015, 10:32:04 PM »
Sorry about the lack of a new chapter. It was a busy day for me, and so will tomorrow.

:edit: New chapter.

CHAPTER NINE:
Again?

But the sprites still were have trouble understanding the concept that the RAFians were fed up with them. They tended have simplistic minds, with naive, overbearing personalities. As well as stupidly saccharine names.

"You need to leave," Cloak said, very bluntly. "You have worn out your welcome, sprites. You have also overstayed that welcome. You need to leave."

Still the concept was apparently too massive for their simple minds.

"People do not appreciate being woken up at the crack of dawn," Faerie said, as the sprites recoiled as she flew closer, in a slow, dignified manner. "People do not appreciate the montony of your flight games when they end with the same result, day in, day out. Your very voices are quite grating on some of us, as well."

Still, they did not seem to get it.

"Look." GH said, guitar safely hung from his back, with Leatherhead on his shoulder. "This is our place. Not yours. And you, all of you, sprites have worn your welcomes until they were threadbare. We have tired of your monotonous games and your infernal antics. Get lost. Get lost and never return."

Still the sprites seemed confused and nonplussed.

"What GH is saying is --" Abby attempted to translate.

"LEAVE!!" GH interrupted loudly and indiscretely. "Just LEAVE!! Go back to wherever you call home and leave us to ours!"

The sprites hesitated.

"God, these guys are more dense than that ice ifrit," Saffa noted.

"You're mean," a pink, frilly sprite said.

Saffa rolled her eyes in indifference. Then she was secretly shocked when they actually left the forum.

"Whoa. They finally got it." Dino said, surprised.

"Are they really gone?" Dpsb said, incredulous. "F-For good?"

"Probably not," Cloak replied, ever the pessimist.

"Cloak's right," Faerie said. "That was too easy."
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 12:38:31 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5172 on: December 16, 2015, 11:09:45 PM »
I'll update my sig tomorrow.

New chapter.

CHAPTER TEN:
Petulant Pests

Cloak was an adolescent. And he was sitting in a pale yellow car in the style of G1 Arcee's vehicle form. Cloak was not driving upon this garish rainbow road in a void of darkness, but his father was. Brute whistled brightly, before singing:

"Do ya need a break from modern livin'?
Do ya long to shed your weary load?
If your nerves are raw,
And your brain is fried,
Just grab a friend and take a ride!
Together, upon the open realm!
"

Cloak replied, in a snappish, grouchy manner.

"All in all, I'd rather have detention.
All in all, I'd rather eat a Politoed.
And Dad drives like such a klutz*
That I'm about to hurl my guts
Directly upon the pen realm!
"

His father continued:

"There's nothin' can upset me
'Cause now we're on our way!
Our trusty map will guide us straight and true.
When I see that rainbow highway, I could cry!
"

Cloak added:

"Ya know, that's funny, so could I!"

Both sang:

"Just bein' out on the open realm."

Then Saffa, Abby, and Sakki popped out of a pianist's piano that he was playing on the bed of a beat-up pickup truck.

"Howdy boys!
Is this the way to Asheville?
"

The gorilla-form Realm Walker, Monger, spoke with a choleric intonation.

"Watch it, Mac!
Or you'll be gettin' towed!
"

Malice passed by, in the back of a prison truck, singing:

"I'm in no hurry to arrive
'Cause I'll be turnin' ninety-five
The next time I see the open realm!

Then a Skitty riding a Wailord scooted by somehow, as the Skitty sang:

"Just a week of rest and relaxtion."

"Yeah!" the Wailord agreed.

Then the Skitty sang:

"And the odd romantic episode."

Dagger, Cloak's younger sister, sang, as she sped by:

"Look out, you dirtbags!
Eat my dust!
From now on, I own the open realm!
"

But the song never got to be completed, as Cloak's Earthsight blared to him, rousing him from his sleep, more noticeable than ten alarms set to four a.m. Something was most certainly happening, and Cloak had an idea that the pixies -- er, the sprites -- were involved. He could tell through his Earthsight what was happening, able to feel the very dirt itself.

They were no longer tethered to the ground. RAF was aloft, without really any rhyme or reason, only that it rose up like Angel Island, only they didn't have a Master Emerald.

*It's true. My dad can be a rather reckless driver.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 09:21:34 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5173 on: December 16, 2015, 11:16:57 PM »
Well, that's enough shrooms for tonight.

Also, loving the hot Skitty on Wailord action. :P

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #5174 on: December 16, 2015, 11:43:07 PM »
Wasn't the title "Petulant Pests" used somewhere else or am I hallucinating?