Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 591507 times)

guitarhero01234

Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #4890 on: October 14, 2015, 09:48:08 PM »
Good luck with everything, Cloaky!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #4891 on: October 15, 2015, 04:05:53 AM »
New chapter.

BOOK CI:
GET 'EM, SHAW

CHAPTER ONE:
Demos Gets Crabdozed

There was an uproar in the middle of a cafe pavilion.

It was a beast that towered over humans. She was a huge, mineral-based life form with a cancrine body and a rhinocerosid face. She walked on six cancrine legs and has spikes on her legs. She has a long horn and small ears. She has a dark purple and gray color scheme with sunken red eyes. She was at least as fast as an Arachnichimp, and she could exist comfortably inside a vacuum. She possessed all the strength and durability that her size suggested. Mere walls were not a problem for her horn, and fire could not touch her, could not harm her. Which made sense, as she ate Pyronites.

It was a Crabdozer.

But it was not Abby, Saffa, nor Noelle in morph. 'Tis a wild female Crabdozer, and there really wasn't a reason for her to be there. They weren't anywhere near the Pyros system. The nearest game reserve wasn't anywhere nearby, by RAFian request. There really was no reason for this Crabdozer's presence on this person.

The only person that seemed to stop it was Demos. A pyrokinectic.

Demos attempted, at first, to parboil it with his pyrokinesis, apparently unaware that they can extinguish Pyronites' fiery bodies within their own mouths. Fire isn't gonna bother her. And, due to the fact that Saffa, Abby, and Noelle can morph a Crabdozer, and the fact that they eat Pyronites, Demos had no excuse for not knowing this.

In all honesty, Demos could not do anything to stop a Crabdozer. He relied heavily on his pyrokinesis in battle, and that was absolutely useless here. The Crabdozer had a significant size, speed, and durability advantage.

But Demos had an ability that he didn't really use all that frequently. His body quickly dissolved and collapsed into black smoke, silk suit and all. The black smoke that was Demos streamed into the Crabdozer's mouth, into the Crabdozer's body. He had possessed her, and her eyes turned black momentarily.

But he couldn't remain in control. These few minutes was apparently all he could manage. It was like the Yeerk part of a Taxxon-Controller, Demos tried to reassert himself. But the sheer ferality, the overwhelming bestiality, of the alien beast eventually shoved his consciousness aside each time,

Suddenly, the sound of a hard rock tune played. The Crabdozer's violent tendacies began to ebb, and she began to become more docile. Docile enough for Demos to reassert control enough so he could make her go into a transport cage, as well as realized just how she got there.

She was an illegal pet. An illegal pet "owned" by some rich bastard who had no idea what he was doing by harboring such a beast. In dreadful conditions, too. Demos managed to pry the location from the Crabdozer's mind before vomiting himself out. He had left the Crabdozer's body, feeling more serious and dour than flippant and overconfident that he was feeling before he possessed the Pyros system beast.

Sakki, however, wasn't too thrilled with Demos's choices.

"What, on god's green earth, were you thinking?!" she said, after giving Demos a hard slap upon his left cheek, causing his head to whip to the right a bit. "Do have any idea just how dangerous it was to take on a Crabdozer -- a creature immune to fire, at that -- alone?!"

"Sakki --"

"No! No, don't 'Sakki' me!!" Sakki said, not disguising her fury now. "Do have any idea how you have easily killed yourself? If GH and I hadn't showed up when we did --"

"Crabdozers love hard rock," GH was heard to muse, "who knew?"

"-- you would be DEAD had we not been dispatched, had Yarin not had the foresight . . ."

Demos would be in the doghouse for a while.

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4892 on: October 15, 2015, 07:04:53 AM »
What a random start to the year.

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4893 on: October 15, 2015, 09:01:15 PM »
For some bizarre reason, I can't read this without imagining me and Sakki arriving on a surfboard, riding a giant wave that appeared literally out of nowhere. I have a strange imagination, I know. :P

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4894 on: October 15, 2015, 09:31:37 PM »
I have a strange imagination, I know. :P

You've read these books. You know I have one too. ;)

:edit: New chapter.

CHAPTER TWO:
A Hard-Won Trophy

Malice had made it to Gossamer, a planet outside of the Milky Way. Just how she managed was a mystery, although aimless Walking was a real, although highly reckless, possibility. The planet was basically like a Transylvanian village with stone castles in a sweeping swath across the landscape.

But these castles only interested Malice for one reason. Their occupants. They were creaturea that were, to put it ever so bluntly, hairy, orange monsters. Their rectangular bodies are perched on two giant tennis shoe-like feet, and their heart-shaped faces are composed of only two small, oval eyes and a wide mouth filled with human-like teeth and appears to disappear when they shut it. They also possess two hulking arms ending in dirty, yellow-clawed fingers. When held against their sides, these arms seem to vanish completely. The monsters' main trait, however, is bright, thick, coarse, tangled orange hair that covers the entirety of their body, barring their eyes, fingernails, and tennis shoe-like feet.

These were the Gossamers, the dominant species on this planet, although technically a rare one, and for whom the planet is named. They were a peaceful, quiet race, despite what their nine, ten-foot height and intimidating stature would have you believe. They were not xenophobic, though they would pretend if they feel their personal space encroached upon. They habored no hate for outsiders, but they preferred to keep to themselves, preferred to stay on Gossamer. They had no real individuality to speak of, as they did not possess any individualized names. They are all called Gossamer, and, aside for reproduction reasons and means, preferred a heavily solitary lifestyle. They had no agriculture, no currency, no real culture as the term is known by outsiders. The children are expected to fend for themselves immedately after "hatching" from a hairball-like egg.

They were a simple, honest species, not too different from an average Hork-Bajir, in this aspect. Only they value their privacy so incredibly that it is paramount and tantamount to everything else, it is given the highest priority.

This is what made it so easy for Malice to isolate one. Their hearing was about as good as humans, and their olfactory sense was as strong as a human's as well. Their night-vision was a bit better than humans, though. She found herself able to easily able to wrap a control collar around its waist -- it was impossible to tell whether they are male or female -- because it didn't really have a head to speak of. It was remarkable that she did this without activating its ability.

She put bracers around its wrist, which looked remarkably like the Tele-Bracers Battlegear item from that "Chaotic" television show. Using them, she teleported with her Gossamer -- "Pet" -- back to the forum, wondering if time was still looping. . . .
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 09:35:27 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4895 on: October 16, 2015, 12:52:13 AM »
Didn't this not work once? :P

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4896 on: October 16, 2015, 03:02:43 AM »
Oh, Gossamers have an ability that the Wesen didn't. A rather passive, but dangerous ability.

:edit: Okay, more behind-the-scenes notes!

[spoiler]Originally, this chapter would feature a new character called Klownboy, who would resemble Clown Man, from Mega Man 8, in both appearance and powers. He would have essentially been a "neo-Rotiart", but thjs was back when Rotiart was still a two-note pony. There's also a couple more reasons as to why he's not included, as you'll find out in future books, sometime in Year 2 and 3, possibly Year 4 or 5, I think.[/spoiler]

New chapter.

CHAPTER THREE:
Unforgettable Dreams

Cloak was in his thread, ruminating on the events of the past year and beyond. And his mind kept coming back to the same thing. Rotiart's death. And hiw similar Rotiart's childhood was to his own.

Cloak remembered what it was like leaving his mother's house, leaving all he knew. She didn't prepare him for anything in the outside world, in the world outside their little bubble. Though she isolated him and he felt incredible loneliness. Cloak couldn't help but wonder if Rotiart wasn't the same when he lived at his father's house. He wondered if Rotiart . . . if he had nightmares about the place even after he had left.

Cloak did. And he still remembered them all too clearly.

The first one etched in his memory was that of a dark room. It was the main living area of the house, with the ceiling and roof being deceptively higher than one would expect, seeing it from the outside. This was a combination living room and dining room area, with the kitchen directly to the left. Cloak was very familiar with this kitchen as he had to do a bulk, if not all, of the cooking and dishes. Beyond the wall and directly to the ldft of the living room was basically just cluttered space that could have once been office space.

This large open room (which had the back wall separating from the floor due, what Cloak assumed, to rot) was dark, the only light coming from the front porch light, which streamed in and illuminated the lacquered wooden dining room table. Cloak was there, in silhouette, with a sense of utmost urgency.

He was trying to secure and grab his stuff, the material objects that he had to leave behind when he was kicked out this house. When he was, essentially, kicked out of this family. He was hurriedly trying to gather up everything, before his mother got there and walked down the sloped dirt road to the front door. The dream ended with that sense of urgency, but really no closure or resolution to it at all.

But that was merely the first of three dreams that he remembered due to this incident.

The second consisted of a deluge happening right outside his mother's house. There he stood with mother, Faith, and Shadow. His mother was dictating hoe they would go about saving themselves. The females would go to higher ground, but Cloak wasn't permitted to go with. He was to break up large, gray stones, not unlike the Strength boulders in Pokemon Black and White, while they went. With floodwaters arrival near imminent. Cloak, naturally, refused this command. His mother then told him that he was breaking her heart, and Cloak harshly retorting that she already broke his.

But the third one was, perhaps, the most simple, most desperate, and most primal one of the three.

It was just him and his mother. There was no discernable backgrounds at all. In it, Cloak was, quite literally, begging his mother to get help. Begging her to get help for her rampant narcissism. Begging and pleading her, only to systemstically and arrogantly dismissed with each plea. She needed help, but that the thing. You cannot force some to get help for things like narcissism. They have to want it, they have to want to be rehabilitated. If they don't, which far more the norm than the alternative, then it would be just a waste of time and energy.

Yes, despite himself, despite the rage and frustration that he occasionally felt towards her, in the end, Cloak just felt sorry for her. She had to have everything go her way, she just simply had, and according to his aunt, Wheeza, she was like this even as a child. She severe control issues, which could have been the cause of her narcissism, and a manipulative personality. Yet she would never seek help for these things. She was far too proud to do it.

And no matter how you sliced it, Cloak was still her son. Nothing would or could change that.The fact his mother was a horrible woman like that . . . he first, when he was in Realm Walker equivalent of high school, denied it. Denied that anything was wrong. Then, later on, as things progressed, he felt hot anger at her, which eventually led him to wish for death to come to him, to free him from the prison thst she made from him. Now he just oscillated from sadness to acceptance, occasionally rising bsck to anger again.

And he wondered if Rotiart ever had these dreams like he did, or anaylzed his abusive parent, like Cloak was apt to do to excess, or if he simply felt sadden when he realized how unhappy they were.

[spoiler=More behind-the-scenes stuff.]Yes, these were actual, legitimate dreams I had. These were three of the most memorable ones.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:16:29 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4897 on: October 17, 2015, 09:10:46 AM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER FOUR:
Turmoil Respite

Soon enough, Cloak tired of stewing in his thread. His musings having actually caused him some anxiety. It was enough to cause him to pace around the room. He hand decided he needed to get out of his stuffy thread and do something to get this anxious energy out. There was one way he could think of to get this energy out.

There was a spot on the forum grounds that had become known as Cloak's training spot. It wasn't as sheltered as his usual meditation spot. Probably for good reason, as this was his usual spot for training in the elements. Earth . . . wood . . . fire . . . air . . . water . . . wood . . . not to mention his mastery over using his energy offensively and defensively. He was hoping that through exertion his anxiety, his turmoil, and his heaviness on his heart would evaporate, or at least lighten. But they were like hardened plaque, easy to get but difficult to remove.

Even during his self-imposed training regiments, he favored the Earth element. He did not know enouh about his Element Master ancestors enough to say for sure if this was common, to have a certain inclination to a particular element. And Cloak did not know why the element resonated with him so much. It his Earthsight was always more accurate that sensing vibrations through metal or wood, and he supposed this Earth synergy or whatever was probably the reason why.

"Nice try, Shadow," Cloak said suddenly, apparently to no one. "But you have to do better than that, if you want to get me."

It was a game that they had ever since she was little. One would hide and wait to ambush (read: scare) the other when they least expected it.* Shadow had managed to succeed once or twice, but her uncle stubbornly and playfully refuses to acknowledge it.

"Aww," Shadow said, clearly disappointed. "How'd you know it was me?"

"Your approach was good," her uncle replied. "But you got a bit careless, and approached too close to the water, and I could see your reflection. Then you stopped disguising your footsteps, making Earthsight easy."

"Oh." she said. "Okay."

Cloak frowned and looked southward, having felt an odd sort of presence coming from that direction. When Yarin decided that a RAFian investigation team (which don't drag their feet on their obligations**) would need to be dispatched. Cloak went along with Shadow, Aquilai, Saffa, Abby, and GH.

*A real game I played with Shadow since she was a toddler. One time she even -- no, I can't say that. She'd kill me if she ever found out that I said anything about that. But, in the end, she actually got pretty good at it too (though I never admited when she did succeed in scaring me).

** You know where this is coming from.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4898 on: October 17, 2015, 11:59:32 AM »
The usual suspects.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4899 on: October 17, 2015, 07:18:19 PM »
Yep.

New chapter.

CHAPTER FIVE:
Surprise Attack

They went swiftly to a quarry area, surrounded by the forest. Cloak traveled on foot, leading Aquilai, Saffa, and Abby, with GH bringing up the rear. Shadow, however, decided to follow her simian instincts, and she went by tree. She was a far superior climber to her uncle*, and she could travel as a pretty impressive clip.

"Don't get too far in ahead, Shadow!" Cloak cautioned.

"You worry too much, Uncle!"

"Don't get careless!" Cloak called back, sternly. "Like before!"

Shadow dropped down into the quarry, before anyone else arrived, heedless of her uncle's numerous warnings. But she was a still a kid -- eleven years old (uh, 110 to 111 in Dweller Earth years). She had always been an adventurous exovert, as opposed to her more introverted uncle who was overly and, sometimes, obsessively cautious. But Cloak's more mindful, deliberate movements had come from his background, his history. History of which was shielded or distorted for her benefit, but not by her but the people around her, presumably.

"Aah!!" Shadow screamed.

Malice had seized her just as Cloak came down into the quarry with the others. Cloak immediately saw this and the very earth beneath his feet began to crack and tremble.

"Oh, no," Abby said.

"She took Shadow," Aquilai said, stating the obvious.

"She shouldna done that," Saffa said.

"What'd I miss?" GH asked.

"Let. Her. Go." Cloak ordered, with commanding tones. "NOW!"

"Nah, I don't think I will," Malice said, as she bound Shadow with her black-and-purple energy.

"Does she have a death wish, or something?" GH asked.

"All signs point to yes," Aquilai said.

* This is true in real life, as well. When Shadow was younger, she could climb high up in a short, stubby tree in her front yard, while I could only stay at the base.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4900 on: October 18, 2015, 01:21:07 AM »
I'm pretty sure Shadow can handle her own.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4901 on: October 18, 2015, 08:22:32 AM »
Usually yes. But, remember, she was ambushed.

New chapter.

CHAPTER SIX:
Malice's Pet

"Last chance, Malice." Cloak said.

"Why doesn't Shadow free herself? She is an Elements Master, too, isn't she?" GH pointed out.

"She isn't as volatile as Cloak, I guess," Aquilai said.

"That doesn't answer my question," GH insisted.

"Fine, Malice. You had your chance," Cloak said, teeth gnashing with every word. He saw that Shadow looked rather punch-drunk, and saw that she was clearly disoriented. Malice must have done something to elicit such a reaction, like have punched Shadow's head or something.

Cloak fired a "Kamehameha"-like concussive blast of golden-scarlet energy. It was fired with pinpoint accuracy. It would not harm Shadow, but it would knock Malice back and possibly hurt her.

"Shaw!" Malice said. "To me!"

The Gossamer had blocked the pathway of of the concussive beam, but wasn't blocking it, per se. The scarlet-gold energy snaked across the Gossamer -- which Malice decided that "Pet" was too glib of a name for it, not that she was attached to it, but it was going to reflect upon her -- and that energy was lost beneath mire of orange hair.

Cloak was a bit in shock about it. He didn't know that these creatures existed, but, then again, most sentient beings did not know of the existence of such species, considering that they were not a spacefaring species. But clearly they were like Conductoids, in the fact that they were apparently immune to energy-based attacks. But they didn't seem to be able to redirect them.

"It got bigger!" Abby exlaimed.

So it increased its mass with the energy it took in? That did not bode well.

"Well, then," Aquilai said, "we must avoid energy-based attacks."

Malice gave a laugh of which the Joker would have envious.

"Clearly, there's something else that we don't know about," GH said.

<Just shut up and get ready,> Saffa said, having decided to morph the Shear Goliath. It didn't look all that pretty in the sunlight.

<Let's get this done,> Abby said, having morphed a Rancor, after briefly considering morphing a Nexu before settling on the Rancor.

"Let's not be so --" Cloak said, but the two girls charged forward with their melee morphs.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4902 on: October 18, 2015, 09:45:36 AM »
Reckless? Violent? Rachel-like? :P

And PDF for the last book:

:edit: I completely forgot whether I uploaded the PDF for book 99 so I had uploaded that instead of 100. But anyway, since my memory is more unreliable than the Indian Railways, here's both books. :P
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 01:45:04 PM by Saffa »

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4903 on: October 18, 2015, 08:58:53 PM »
Either way, thanks!

New chapter.

CHAPTER SEVEN:
Kinetic Uselessness

The two girls charged forward, with GH not far behind, his guitar having turned into a a literal axe -- a handy little ability for when melee combat is called for. Unfortunately, this, wasn't one of those times.

" . . . so . . . so hasty. . . ." Cloak said, unable to finish his protest.

This attack backfired when each blow did not inflict damage. The momentum, the physical exertion, and the knietic energy imparted from the melee attacks . . . somehow the Gossamer absorbed it all. It increased its size and stature with each one, until it towered over them all and GH, Saffa, and Abby collapsed upon the ground. The girls were barely able to complete their demorph. They were exhausted.

"Kinetic absorption, too," Cloak muttered. "Is there any way to beat this thing?"

"Maybe we shouldn't be focused on that," Aquilai said, analytically. "It's obviously being controlled --"

"-- I gathered that much, thanks. --"

"-- which means that instead of focusing on the creature being controlled (clearly, against its will), we should focus on the means of control."

"Like during the Wesen fights," Cloak said, quickly. "Of course."

"Too . . . tired to . . . to move here . . ." Saffa said, having heard the entirety of the  conversation between the Realm Walker and the time walker.

"There isn't any reason to be speaking like William Shatner," GH said, "we're just as tired, Saffa, and we're not talking like that."

"Oh, sure," she said, sitting up, every part her yelling at her in protest for doing so, "suck every bit of drama out of it."

"Wait," Cloak said, seriously. He was ignoring the huge beast of a creature for them, who just aimply stood there, and didn't react. Simply because Malice hadn't yet told him to either attack or relax. There was a reason behind it.

Cloak scanned the scene. When he did not see what he wanted to or expected he scanned the surroundings again. He did this at least six or seven times more, getting angrier and angrier with each search.

"WHERE. IS. MALICE?!"

(January 7, 2020)

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4904 on: October 19, 2015, 03:53:45 AM »
The two girls charged forward, with GH not far behind, his guitar having turned into a a literal axe -- a handy little ability for when melee combat is called for.

Well, that's just ridiculous. Obviously, the only way this could happen is if my guitars were be made of some sort of unobtainium for the neck to withstand the insane forces that would come from swinging it, and the sides of the body would have to come off to . . . reveal . . . ax blades. . . .

OK I take it back. That's not ridiculous, it's just plain badass.