Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 591503 times)

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #4335 on: June 16, 2015, 07:42:33 PM »
It was true, though. The only reason they managed to get through to Faerie and Underseen was because of an off-the-cuff soothing ballad that GH played that managed to calm them down enough to allow the innoculation.

For some reason, this is the only song that I can think of when I read that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcCZ8QZzi-A
I heard that earlier on the radio. It was on some weird heavy metal station. :P
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4336 on: June 16, 2015, 08:09:35 PM »
What radio station plays Strapping Young Lad and why the hell don't I get that station where I live!?

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4337 on: June 16, 2015, 09:41:13 PM »
It was because my friend was messing with my presets. I turned on the radio, this started playing, and I was like wtf.
Waffles. Nuf' Said.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #4338 on: June 17, 2015, 02:58:58 AM »
Not much time before I have to get ready for work.

New chapter.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:
Gutted

Hutch's headquarters wasn't the only one who's -- ahem -- "businesses" was raided. Although, it was only the ones that had merchandise of a questionable nature. More vials of the Rachel toxin, some vials of Joker Gas in liquefied form, doxy dropping draughts, a single vial of sugar water labeled as a quantum virus, and more poisons, various toxins, and such.

It was actually remarkable that such a market could exist where people could obtain poisons and toxins of this nature. Remarkable . . . and frightening as well. How could such a market flourish like this without any knowledge of the law enforcement or government knowledge.

But perhaps, just perhaps, the government was well aware of the existance of it. Aware, and paid off to ignore it. The very idea . . . it was sadly very possible. Corruption with government is always a possibility, and no sentient species is immune.

Cloak knew this full well, as the Realm Walker Council was always corrupt. Always. Even if the Councilors had strong morals, strong values, strong convictions . . . they inevitably turned corrupt, as metal will always corrode if spent long enough if caustic atmospheres.

But Cloak was extremely jaded by his past experiences, both with his mother and the Council itself. He was mostly distrustful of his own species that weren't Shadow, Faith, his aunt, and a select few others.

And why would he trust them, or their motives? He was the subject of ridicule and scorn amongst them. Not many Realm Walkers actually Walk into the Realms, but none before Cloak made one his home, and dwelled there.

He knew of the Andalite Seerow. Cloak believed he could understand the Andalite's predictament, as his was relatively similiar. It could be said that he was to the RAFians what Seerow was to the Yeerks. He had even given tech to the RAFians -- Blaze, his sword, and Parker, his armor upgrade(s).

Cloak mused about this deeply, as he watched the black market being gutted terribly, and the vendors and proprietors of this dangerously murderous merchandise. All illegal.

Cloak watched as they were carted away for daring to sell such dangerous poisons and toxins. They would appeal the charges, if they had the meekest leg to stand on. Cloak wondered if the judges in those cases would be biased against or for them. He really didn't trust anyone in government to be free from corruption, and that included judges of any caliber -- from the high Supreme Court standard to the low Judge Judy standard.

The Realm Walker found himself wondering, also, how permanent a solution this would be. Just because this one black market was gutted did not mean that there weren't others, or that a new one wouldn't sprout back up from the ashes of this one.

There would be many unanswered questions from this. And Cloak wondered if this would be just like beheading a hydra head, like the trouble of so many other things. . . .

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4339 on: June 17, 2015, 03:46:36 PM »
New, shortish chapter.

CHAPTER NINETEEN:
From the Ashes . . .

The ruins of what was Hutch's black market still smoldered -- in a figurative sense, of course -- for a few days. The area was free of their brand of shady dealings for a time.

But Cloak's assumption would prove correct.

Not all the vendors were arrested, not all the merchants had their merchandise confiscated. These were the ones that didn't deal with poisons and toxins and that whole shebang. These were the ones whose wares weren't illegal or dangerous per se. A fair few of these merchants' merchandise weren't harmful in the least, but they they didn't want their business well-publicized.

These included potions and concoctions and items of a questionable nature, which could cause harm societally, or culturally. And if there is one thing that was constant, is resistance against anything that changes society culturally.

That, and some of these items had the potential to wreak havoc in the interpersonal lives of others. But the RAFians wouldn't really have to worry about this until later, when someone from Broken's past . . . well, the time will come for that story.

In the end, the raid was only a temporary solution. Granted, this new underground market wasn't really a black market, per se, but it did have the groundwork to become a new black market in a couple of years.

Faerie and Underseen were on the mend, though their strength was completely sapped. Underseen was just fortunate to be able to maintain his shape, which was just vaguely human at the moment. As his strength returned, his form became more defined and more detailed.

They were very lucky, actually. They came very close to oblivion, as Cloak did when Ab (back when he was Abomination) came very close to killing Cloak, nearly a year ago. They were rapidly regaining strength, mostly due to the ministrations of Kelly and Goom.

But this whole event was unnerving for the RAFians as when Horse was poisoned by the Arachnoids. It once again revealed that RAF and the RAFians were not impregnable, were not invulnerable. The defenses of the forum and of the Mark could only go so far, and they must not assume or get complacent in it.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4340 on: June 17, 2015, 04:30:25 PM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY:
F1

"Hey, listen!"

"Ugh," Malice grunted.

"Hey, listen!"

"Oh, shut up," she snapped.

"Hey, listen!"

"Go away!" Malice roared. She was very irritable. And alone.

"Hey, listen!"

Malice didn't know when this irksome viral fairy or virus soul or whatever it was decided to follow her, but it had made itself a rather big nuisance. And liability -- as it never shut up, with it's high, nasally voice. Malice said nothing and swept from the blank, empty room she was in.

"Hey, listen!"

Malice snapped her Tasmanian devil jaws at the hovering ball of light, something she wasn't accustomed to being reduced to doing. This little ball of irritation was really grinding on her nerves.

With this orb's incessant chattering, it was difficult to think, much less scheme. Malice couldn't make her plans and schemes with this nagging little bug.

"Hey, listen!"

"Will you kindly SHUT UP?!" Malice raged.

There was a small pause of silence. Glorious silence.

"Hey, listen!"

"UGH!!" Malice screamed in sheer frustration. The orb did not seem to listen.

". . . Hey! Listen!"

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?!?!" Malice shrieked, not caring if it would attract attention. She was getting that frustrated.

"A body," the orb said, demonstrating the fact that it was, indeed, sentient.

"Oh, gee," Malice said, caustically, "that's such a small order, isn't it?"

Silence.

"You're not getting mine, idiot," Malice said. "Firstly, it's mine. Secondly, it's not even possible, if if I wanted to."

". . ."

"The answer is still no."

". . . Hey! Listen!"

"OH, SHUT UP!!!"

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4341 on: June 18, 2015, 03:47:01 AM »
New chapter.

BOOK XC:
VIRUS ALERT!

CHAPTER ONE:
F1-Fi-Fo-Fum Jack!

"Hey! Listen!"

Malice managed to ignore this, as she continued her work. Soon, very soon, she'd be rid of this nuisance. She worked very quickly and very hard,

"Hey! Listen!"

Malice wouldn't be surprised that this annoying ball of frustrating irritation hadn't any friends. It was so obnoxious.

"Hey! Listen!"

Nearly there. Nearly there. Nearly free of this pest.

"Hey! Listen!"

So close now. So very close.

"Hey! Listen!"

Just this one bit now. Just the one. . . .

"Hey! Listen!"

There. It was finished. Malice did not know or care whether it worked or not.

"Hey! Lis--"

"No, YOU listen." Malice snapped finally. She presented what appeared to be a softball-sized orb that resembled the ball form of the Winged Dragon of Ra. "This can get you a body. F1."

Of course, she didn't mention that it couldn't get F1 (pronounced "fi") into a Realm Walker. Just the lowly Dwellers -- let them deal with this stupid little pest. Let them deal with him, her, it, whatever. Let them put up with this idiotic nuisance.

F1 moved inside of the orb without a second thought, believing that it would keep her into a single body. It did not consider the fact that Malice would decide to screw it over. She made sure that the item would be Realm-bound.

Once F1 was inside, Malice locked it inside, trapping it forever. Then she pitched out of her hideout, and the orb itself looked like a minute Saiyan ship as it reached the city.

It lay forgotten in a snowdrift, in the city.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4342 on: June 18, 2015, 06:59:20 AM »
Wait what. How long was I away? So many chapters! :o

Hehe, I like how you used the last chapter of the previous book like a post-credits scene going into the next one.

And Dylan, he's actually written 88 other books in the series before that one. If you want the PDFs of any, leave the message here. :)

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4343 on: June 18, 2015, 09:37:10 AM »

Hehe, I like how you used the last chapter of the previous book like a post-credits scene going into the next one.

And Dylan, he's actually written 88 other books in the series before that one. If you want the PDFs of any, leave the message here. :)
When did he start writing them? 88 is a big@ss number...
Waffles. Nuf' Said.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4344 on: June 18, 2015, 01:47:03 PM »
January 18, 2012, from the date of the first post in the thread. It's not too late to start. :D

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4345 on: June 18, 2015, 01:55:41 PM »
I've been reading through the older Memoirs books, and I have to say they're certainly worth reading. :)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4346 on: June 18, 2015, 02:10:57 PM »
I plan to do a re-read soon, once I have my exams out of the way. Seems that's all I ever have these days.

PDF of the last book:

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4347 on: June 18, 2015, 02:37:58 PM »
I'll post a new chapter soon, if I have the energy. A really horrible day at work.

It's actually 89 finished out of the 750 currently planned (with only 449 outlined). Each 100 books signifies a single year, narrative-time, i.e. Book I to Book C is one year, while Book CI to Book CC constitutes the next one chronologically.

January 18, 2012, from the date of the first post in the thread. It's not too late to start. :D

Well, that's the official date. Unofficially, it was actually a while before that when I started writing bits and pieces in my head. Then the SOPA thing came up, and I was afraid of litigious action against me for the RAFparodies.

I'm not so afraid now, as I don't make a dime off this.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4348 on: June 18, 2015, 02:47:42 PM »
I'll post a new chapter soon, if I have the energy. A really horrible day at work.

It's actually 89 finished out of the 750 currently planned (with only 449 outlined). Each 100 books signifies a single year, narrative-time, i.e. Book I to Book C is one year, while Book CI to Book CC constitutes the next one chronologically.

Well, that's the official date. Unofficially, it was actually a while before that when I started writing bits and pieces in my head. Then the SOPA thing came up, and I was afraid of litigious action against me for the RAFparodies.

I'm not so afraid now, as I don't make a dime off this.
750 whoa! I tip my to you sir.
Waffles. Nuf' Said.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4349 on: June 18, 2015, 04:27:42 PM »
Tip your . . . what, Dpsb?

New chapter.

CHAPTER TWO:
Astound and Found

Cloak was still mulling over the whole Rachel toxin thing. A poison that increased anger and rage and hostility. He couldn't help but wonder if there were confused Red Lantern rings headed for Earth, only to stop partway because the Rachel toxin either took its fatal effect or was cured.

"Cloak?" Goom said. He was walking by, and Cloak really didn't feel like being disturbed. But he conceded silently that it was probably his fault for not going to his usual secluded spot in the forest -- or simply by sequestering himself inside his thread.

"Cloak?" Goom repeated.

"What is it, Goom?" Cloak said, surlier than he meant to. Cloak would normally have apologized for it, but Cloak was moody.

Goom blinked a bit, but let the unpleasant tone slide. "Cloak, you're not still thinking about the Hutch thing, are you?"

"It was only a temporary solution." Cloak said, repressively. "You do know that, right?"

"How so?" Goom said, patiently. "Hutch is gone."

"Doesn't mean someone else won't rise up to take his place," Cloak said. "All we did was create a power vacu-- aah!"

Cloak was interrupted by their Marks suddenly burning noticeably. It's never done this before, not like this. It was only a moment's pain, but Cloak and Goom looked aghast, as they met each other's eyes.

The Marks were not supposed to do this. They were supposed to be a means of protection.  Protection against possession, against chemical seduction, against memory manipulation and alteration, against mind control. It was not supposed to work like Harry Potter's scar.

"What brought that on?" Cloak said.

"I was hoping you could tell me," Goom said.

Cloak did not know. Realm Walkers, despite what some may posture to the contrary, do not know everything.

The orb that contained the virus F1 was not left lost.

It just so happened that a group of young kids were having a snowball fight nearby, and a bundled-up little boy who couldn't be more than six or seven years old found it by complete accident.

He was, as all children around his age and maturity, very curious. He did not know the risks of the device, even in this day and age of gadgetry. He reached out with his yellow-mittened hand to pick up the orb that encased the consciousness and spectral body of F1. He won't remember what happened next.

The orb glowed. Then it sank into into the boy's mitten, and then his hand. The boy's expression shifted swiftly from one of curiosity, to one of alarm, to one of fear, before changing to a pained expression. This expression lasted for about five minutes.

Then he wore a smug expression before he opened his eyes. The boy's consciousness was being rendered dormant in that five minutes and F1's consciousness was being asserted to become the dominant consciousness.

"I'm in my new body," F1 said, quietly rapturous, but the voice was that of the boy. Without any sort of distortion. "Mine."

The orb lived up to the name that Malice had given it.

The body-jacker.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 04:32:21 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)