Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 591422 times)

Offline Sakki

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Guuuuuuurrrlll
Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #1020 on: September 26, 2012, 12:20:40 PM »
Bad Cloaky! >:(

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #1021 on: September 26, 2012, 04:12:39 PM »
Everyone has a dark side, Sakki.  Even me.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'll be able to post tomorrow or not.  I'm feeling very apathetic right now. . . .

Anyway -- new page, and a couple of new ideas added.

• Book XIX: The Clone Wars
  • Book XX: The Darwin Gun
  • Book XXI: Other Side of the Tracks
  • Book XXII: Pits of Terror
  • Book XXIII: RAF Comix
  • Book XXIV: The First Master
  • Book XXV: RAF -- The Musical
  • Book XXVI: Outage Outrage
  • Book XXVII: Infinity and Eternity
  • Book XXVIII: The Virus Rings
  • Book XXIX: Soul-Suckers
  • Book XXX: Mayhem of the Music Miser
  • Book XXXI: The Metal-Maker
  • Book XXXII: Richard is Missing
  • Book XXXIII: Emotional Food
  • Book XXXIV: Transformation Confrontation
  • Book XXXV: Richard's Horn
  • Book XXXVI: Feral Scream
  • Book XXXVII: Predators and Prey
  • Book XXXVIII: A Protean Problem
  • Book XXXIX: The Horsemen
  • Book XL: Sizeable Pain in the Necks
  • Book XLI: RAF's Nightmare
  • Book XLII: Unlucky Charms
  • Book XLIII: The Piper
  • Book XLIV: The Wishing Star
  • Book XLV: A War of Armor
  • Book XLVI: The Worst Plague
  • Book XLVII: Little Alien Napoleons
  • Book XLVIII: Go Away!
  • Book XLIX: RAFian Tales
  • Book L: Maul
  • Book LI: Erised Orbs
  • Book LII: RAFians Alive! -- an out-of-normal-continuity book
  • Book LIII: The Pain Reliever
  • Book LIV: Beyond the Veils
  • Book LV: Dangerous Deals
  • Book LVI: Of One Mind
  • Book LVII: The End of Time -- another out-of-normal-continuity book . . . or possibly not . . . ;) . . .
  • Book LVIII: Hematomimic
  • Book LIX: Sins of Youth* -- possibly the most frightening book to date ;)
  • Book LX: The Replacements*
  • Book LXI: Arachnoids*
  • Book LXII: Personal Tissues*
  • Book LXIII: Memory Today, Gone Tomorrow*
  • Book LXIV: Appliance Armageddon*
  • Book LXV: Prodigy and Composite*
  • Book LXVI: The Merging*
  • Book LXVII: Be A Doll*
  • Book LXVIII: RAF Captors* -- yet another out-of-normal-continuity book . . . unless I change my mind.
  • Book LXIX: Dinosaur Island*
  • Book LXX: Corrupted*
  • Book LXXI: Artificial Skins*
  • Book LXXII: Separation Anxiety*
  • Book LXXIII: A Thing About RAFians*
  • Book LXXIV: A Planted Idea*
  • Book LXXV: Vacation Photos*
  • Book LXXVI: A Personal Gremlin*
  • Book LXXVII: The Rust is Silence*
  • Book LXXVIII: The Toyman Cometh*
  • Book LXXIX: RAFian Idol* -- yes, just another excuse to put in more of the (as of writing) nearly 800 parodies.
  • Book LXXX: Savage Heart*
  • Book LXXXI: Slave Islands and Juggernauts*
  • Book LXXXII: Shredding a King*
  • Book LXXXIII: RAF -- The TV Show*
  • Book LXXXIV: The Drinker*
  • Book LXXXV: The Last Laugh*
  • Book LXXXVI: It's A Mad, Mad, Mad Villain*
  • Book LXXXVII: Sight Unseen*
  • Book LXXXVIII: Don't Let It Snow*
  • Book LXXXIX: The Rachel Toxin*
  • Book XC: Virus Alert!*
  • Book XCI: A Youthful Thief*
  • Book XCII: Calendar Creep*
  • Book XCIII: The Branding*
  • Book XCIV: The Void Zone* -- probably gonna be a parody of the story modes of one of my fav will games . . .
  • Book XCV: An Epic Yarn*

Again, the (*) denotes a book I have yet to do the chapter-by-chapter notes for.

Probably a short chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY:
Survivors

After Cloak ripped the ship to pieces -- to insure no one would use it, or, more likely, misuse it.  But in doing so the three Realm Walkers hung in space.  Discomforted, but not in any real danger.  Realm Walkers can only be killed by conventional means in the Nexus.  Within Realms, they are exceedingly harder to break or kill.

But Malice and Abomination both swirled their cloaks and Walked from the Realm.  Cloak followed suit.  But upon emergence into the Nexus, Cloak cursed rather loudly.  But, in the languid "paradise" of the Nexus, no one seemed to hear.  Cloak could not believe that he had his chance to end this, end all the schemes and whatnot, and he choked.  He couldn't end it.

Sage wouldn't have hesitated, Cloak thought bitterly.  He wouldn't have had any doubts.  He would have done the right thing, he would have had the nerve, the courage, the heart.

Cloak put his grandfather up on a pedestal, but the truth of the matter is that his grandfather wouldn't have killed Malice or Abomination either.  Killing is not something a good person does easily, even if the the would-be victims do it easily.  Especially not from one who routinely runs from his emotions, including rage.  Someone who is afraid to feel.  Someone like Cloak.

So, Cloak turned on his heel and returned to the Prime Universe at the same, familiar location.

"Cloak!" Broken shouted jovially, jogging to his position, although Cloak remained slightly surly.  "You're back!"

Underseen came over as well, asking, "So . . . did you . . . finish the job?"

Cloak said nothing for a few minutes.  Then he replied, in weary voice, "They live."

"What? Why?"

"I'd rather not talk about it just now," Cloak said, surly.  "I'll be in my Thread."

As he was walking away, he could hear Broken whisper to Underseen, "It must have been bad."

Back at their hideout, Malice and Abomination were talking in low voices.  But, like most things, Malice was dominating the conversation.

"We really cut it too fine back there," Malice said.

"He could have killed us," Abomination said, rather huskily.

"You'd be a fool to believe that he would," Malice spat, deliberately ignoring that she was genuinely scared.  "He would never have that kind of ruthlessness."

"If he wasn't gonna kill us, why'd he sent all his Dweller pets away?" Abomination asked.  They too refused to acknowledge Dwellers as real people with real emotions and feelings.  To them, like an unfortunate amount of Realm Walkers, Realm Dwellers were nothing more than objects.  Beings of no real consequence.  This was something that Walkers like Cloak REFUSED to believe.

Malice looked like she would have an abusive retort, but then her face changed.

"The Dwellers . . ." Malice said quietly.  "Those Dweller pets of his.  They're a WEAKNESS, love!  They're his weakness!  He'll stand by them.  Maybe if we can -- heh heh -- convince a certain Dweller scientist . . ."

"Who?"

"Oh, you know the one." Malice said, rising and fastening her cloak on.  "C'mon!  We may not have much time. . . ."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:02:25 PM by CloakedFigure »

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Underseen

• One of RAFs resident ShapeShifters
  • Xtreme Member
  • Feisty Generation Fifteen
« Reply #1022 on: September 27, 2012, 06:33:02 PM »
Is that ending for the next book? "The Clone Wars" is a title that can mean anything, but with scientists involved I am thinking clones of people.
RAF awards 2012: Best Newcomer... It feels good too

Well, Blue is my RAFcousin.
 Blaze is my RAFbrother and formidable rival.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #1023 on: September 27, 2012, 07:39:42 PM »
"The Clone Wars" is a title that can mean anything

And that's exactly why I chose it.  As well as being a reference to something else -- a certain CGI show on Cartoon Network. . . .

But you'll find out more in the next few days.  I'm still gonna to the chapter-a-day thing until everyone else catches up.

BOOK XIX:
The Clone Wars

Chapter One:
A Hot, Buggy Day

"Ow!" Gaz yelped.  "What is it with all these mosquitoes?"

"It's not so bad," Guy said consolingly, "it was just the one.  Ow!  Er, just the two."

"But it doesn't make sense," Gaz said, worryingly, "there are no pools of stagnant water here for them to breed."

"What about the Yeerk Pool?" Guy pointed out.

"Oh, you know that the Kadronna is lethal to them*," Gaz said, waving her hand absently.

It was a warm, muggy day.  But the RAFians had abandoned the threads for the grounds.  Gaz and Guy were picnicking beneath a worn oak tree, while Horse splashed in the water with Underseen and Ash.  All three had suffered a single mosquito bite, but thought nothing sinister of it, and continued playing in the water with nary a care in the world.

Cloak was sitting on a raised earth platform -- a makeshift chair really -- with his legs crossed, reading a copy of Anne McCaffrey's "Dragonriders of Pern" beneath a young, vibrant juniper tree.  He was fairly off to the side of everyone else, in the shadows.  He still would not go into detail about what had happened in Collector's ship -- just saying that the ship was gone, and they needn't worry about it.

Parker and Helen were having a picnicked lunch date beneath a veritable, old rowan tree.  Parker had just removed his helmet when, "OW!  Never fails.  The minute I take this helmet off. . . ."

"Ow!" Helen exclaimed as a mosquito made a snack out of her.  "Never mind it, Parker, dear.  Here, have a sandwich."

He accepted, and just enjoyed being in Helen's company.  There weren't very many moments where they could do this -- normal things like a normal couple.  So, they were bound and determined to enjoy this day.  Neither of them realized that no other mosquitoes made any attempt to bite them again.

Aquilai, however, wasn't really enjoying the day, but fiddling around with his TARDIS, his pride and joy.  "Ah!" he said as he swatted the back of his neck, cursing, "Infernal insects.  Never mind that, Aquilai, back to work."

Curiously, though, no mosquito made an effort to bother Cloak, and he never noticed this.  He just read on, only over a quarter of the way through his book, while various other RAFians complained about mosquito bites.  Cloak didn't have blood anyway, and his ichor would have just vaporized any bug that tried to feed off him.

Demos's demonic blood proved poisonous to the bugs, so he didn't mind.  He just laughed as he saw the bug that tried.  "Demon blood is addictive, you know," he would taunt at the bug.  "You'll surely be back for more."

Sakki and Oceanspray, being a VOCALOID and android respectively, had no blood to interest the mosquitoes, so they were left alone and unbitten.

The Yeerks, in their natural forms, were unmolested by the parasitic female insects, but their hosts weren't as lucky.

<Why do these blasted insects have a taste for Andalite blood?> Noelle moaned, scratching a spot on her left hand where a bug got her.

Dino was condemned with an itchy mosquito bite on her neck that she could not reach, which drove her up the wall.  It was a flaw having tyrannosaurid arms.  She grunted trying to scratch it -- it seemed to increase in itchiness expotentially with each passing minute.  Eventually, Cloak noticed and had pity for her, so he conjured up an earth spire, that she could scratch the area easily.

"Oh, that is a lifesaver," Dino sighed with relief.  "Thanks, Cloaky."

"Anytime," came his reply as he returned to his book.

---
* Does the Yeerk Pool count as a stagnant pool of water?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 08:53:19 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Underseen

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1024 on: September 28, 2012, 05:05:36 PM »
I guess it can on the yeerks planet... I am not sure though.

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #1025 on: September 28, 2012, 08:23:45 PM »
I'm amused by the vampire getting bitten by another bloodsucker. Lol

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #1026 on: September 28, 2012, 11:06:15 PM »
Just wait until the next chapter tomorrow . . . or Monday.  Depends on how busy I get.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Underseen

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1027 on: September 28, 2012, 11:17:05 PM »
Not sure if the mosquitoes have anything to do with the plot, because it sounds like they do. 

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #1028 on: September 29, 2012, 07:57:59 AM »
Probably a short chapter.

CHAPTER TWO:
DNA Doctor

The mosquitoes, having gotten what they were after flew away -- easily surviving the few smacks they suffered.  The reason was soon clear.  They weren't real mosquitoes at all.  They were mosquito-bots!  They were after RAFian DNA, and survive with it viable enough to reach their master.  An insane genetist, the one responsible for so many Azguard clones -- hence why he wasn't a target for a "mosquito bite".

"Ah!" the scientist, Mr. Gemini, said with delight as he saw his little charges loaded up with the valuable microscopic treasures.  "You've succeeded, my pets!  Well, you know what to do."

The bugs were not sentient and had no semblence to intelligence -- real intelligence, that is.  But they had sufficient A.I. to complete their mission, and nothing else.  But the dear doctor spoke to them as if they had intelligence, and, indeed, could respond to him at all.  But, shut away all by himself, despising the human society that he sees as rejecting him and his genetic replication experiments, could drive a man to completely disconnect with reality.

Despite his genuine insanity, his skills in genetic engineering were certainly not subpar.  He was one of the best, until his experiments lead him being thrown into prison, after cloning Az a great deal (although now it was easy to tell Az from his clones -- only the REAL Az bears the RAFian Mark).  There the "good doctor" would have remained to rot, had he not had help escaping.

His benefactors told him that his escape wasn't for free -- he had to do something for them first.   But when he was told what it was, he was elated.  He wanted to do the task the put before him.

"Computer, download the blood samples from the Mosquitius drones," he commanded his computer.

After a few minutes, when the Mosquitius drones seemingly dropped dead after completing and complying with this action (to which Dr. Gemini didn't seem to really care), he commanded, "Computer, extract the genetic material from each sample.  Then upload the genetic materal into the tubes."

He refered to the ten to twenty cryogenic tubes behind him.  One of which had an Az clone already inside it, who looked aged to ten years old.  Dr. Gemini seemed unconcerned with that one.  Within minutes, the computer complied and the tubes changed from a bloodred color to a soft amber color.

"How is it coming along, doctor?" said a hard, female voice in the shadows.  As the room was rather dimly lit, it was mostly shadows.

"Exceptionally well, mistress," the doctor said, without any stammer, but with concealed excitement.  "The sample DNA has been sent to the tubes.  They'll replicate any moment now."

"How long?" she said, with the same hard, unyielding tone.

"They have a four and a half month gestation," the doctor said.

"The results had better be worth the effort," the voice replied, before it's owner vanished.

"Oh, believe me, mistress," the doctor said, apparently unaware she left, "it will be.  It will be."

Miles away, Cloak shuttered.

"Why'd you shutter just now?" Aquilai asked Cloak, as he continued to work on his TARDIS while Cloak was reading his book.

Cloak blinked, "I don't know."*

---
* "Bart Carny" Simpsons episode reference.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 08:54:22 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Underseen

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1029 on: September 29, 2012, 03:57:06 PM »
I knew the mosquitoes had something to do with the plot, but the cloning was not excepted for the 2nd chapter

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #1030 on: September 29, 2012, 04:36:13 PM »
but the cloning was not excepted for the 2nd chapter

Did you mean "expected"?  Otherwise, you've got me confused, Underseen.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Underseen

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1031 on: September 29, 2012, 05:28:39 PM »
Sorry, it was a typo... Happens a lot when I am tired.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #1032 on: September 29, 2012, 06:38:26 PM »
Ditto, Underseen.  I make mistakes too when I'm tired.  I once accidentally called Richard "Richardo" in a parody.

CHAPTER THREE:
Mistaken Identity

About four months have passed since that mosquito-laden day.  The RAFians continued to mill about the threads, playing games in the Bored Board, discussing and debating in the other threads.  Cloak noted that his original brainchild, the RAFian parodies, were being slightly ignored, but it couldn't be helped.  He had ran out of ideas.  But there were 800, so it's not like that there wasn't a sufficient amount of them to begin with.

But then it happened.

After a few weeks, the site was inundated with claims of criminal activities perpetrated by its members.  Parker and Demos were accused of murder, Underseen and Ash were accused of petty theft, Gaz was accused of harassment of a public official, Horse was proclaimed to have escaped from the zoo, Dino was believed to have rampaged on the south side of the city, Noelle was accused of holding a family hostage, and the list went on.

But all of the accusations made no sense.  The RAFians they claimed did these crimes had be perputrated by could not have possibly done it.  Parker was on a date with Helen at the time (and she vouched for him immediately).  Demos was in the training room with Underseen, Ash, and Cloak.  Gaz and Guy were talking on the darkening RAFian grounds.  Dino was kinda hard to miss, snoozing in the twilight.  Horse was reading a story to all the young newbies.  Noelle was feeding with like ten other RAFian Andalites.

However, the accusers had videotape evidence of silhouettes that looked just like the aforementioned RAFians.

"That proves nothing," Cloak said, surly, as the RAFians watched it.  "They could just be more Skrull imposters."

"After the ultimatium you gave them?" Underseen said.

"Possibly." Cloak said.  "But it would be incredibly stupid of them to return for a coup."

"Wait, this can't be them." Horse said.  "It's too public.  To revealing.  If I remember the Skrull incursion correctly, they did it as quickly and quietly as they possibly could."

"Touche," Cloak replied.

"Could be Dr. Gemini." Az suggested.

"The guy who cloned you?*" Faerie asked.  "Clones?  It is possible.  But Gemini is in prison."

Az tossed her a newspaper.  "He got out."

"They released him?" Cloak said, thinking that the Dweller's legal system was as dubious as the Walker's.

"Nope, he escaped." Az said, who had clearly read the article.  "They don't know how -- he was there one minute, then poof, the next day he was gone."

"They searched his cell? . . . Wait, it says here that they did, and they couldn't find any tunnel dug or any loose bars.  It was like he vaporized."

"This has Malice all over it," Cloak said with folded arms.

"How can you tell?"

"Well, isn't it always?" Parker replied.

---
*Reference to an impromptu RP that Faerie, Az and I had a while back -- when I was still a yearling, I think.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:36:06 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Underseen

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1033 on: September 30, 2012, 11:15:22 AM »
At least we weren't all sent to jail...

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #1034 on: September 30, 2012, 03:29:43 PM »
It's early yet, Underseen. . . .

(January 7, 2020)