Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 590493 times)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
  • "I'm honestly a huge dork."
    • My Book
Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #6000 on: August 26, 2016, 02:58:50 PM »
XD omgs this is gonna be great i think
My Tumblr
Saffa is my shorm and RAFtwin. :D Lumy is my awesomeful RAFbrother. ;D
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer 2013
Best RAFian Supervillan/Minion Duo 2013 (Saffa/Abby :D Morph Twins)
RAFian Artist of the Year 2016

Offline NickDaGriff

• RAF's resident geeky gryphon
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #6001 on: August 26, 2016, 03:13:33 PM »
*Ewan McGregor voice*

I have a bad feeling about this...
[spoiler=A writer at heart:]
My sequel fic, Animorphs #55: The Following
My first Memoirs fic, A Geeky Gryphon's Origins

guitarhero01234

« Reply #6002 on: August 26, 2016, 03:28:36 PM »
Well, I'm out of commission, so I don't think I can do much to diffuse the situation.

Also, OH MY GOD THAT STILL HURTS

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #6003 on: August 27, 2016, 06:06:35 AM »
;)

New chapter. Sorry about the brevity.

CHAPTER EIGHT:
A Demonstration of Power

"Assessing options," Inspector #86 said, cold and impassionately.

Cloak's tail began to sweep side to side in an agitated fashion. He was very tempted to just kill the Weapons Master and be done with it then and there. But his more pacifist side would not hear of it. Cloak found himself self considering just how he could crack the crate-like ship like an egg. He could tell from where he stood it was metal.

"Assessment concluded." Inspector #86 said, as part of Cloak considered crushing him into a tiny smear on the pavement, but his rationality forbade it, as it would possibly terrify his friends, lending them to distance themselves from him. "Personal combat not required."

"You're really making the case for me to kill you, you know," Cloak said.

"Subject aggression recognized." Inspector #86 said, causing Cloak to facepalm. "Action concluded. Deploy Seekers -- Model Alpha, Series 88621.*"

It was then Cloak realize the crate-like ship wasn't the Weapon Master's ship, but a Techadon Robot Factory. As many green Techadon Robots trumped out of the left-hand side of the crate. They were tall, green with silver highlights, and humanoid in shape. They looked different from the Seeker's Malice used, but he just assumed she had hers custom-made.

"Apprehend," the Weapon Master ordered of the Robots.

But Cloak sensed tone thing that disappointed him about the decision. The robots didn't stand a chance. He closed his eyes and touched the tips of his index fingers, thumbs, and middle fingers, whilst interlocking his ring fingers and pinkies. He slowed his breathing.

"Error: Subject's apparent supplications do not follow standard practice in such scenarios," the Weapon Master said, as Cloak's eyes opened into golden-scarlet suns with six tendrils of energy trailing off, almost like tears or the fire on a Mega Blaziken's wrist. "Error: the subject is displaying an unknown energy signature, disparate from the previous unique energy signature."

"You haven't seen anything yet," Cloak said, voice sounding unintentionally ethereal.

These Techadon Robots had the mistake of being made of metal. Cloak would rectify it, as he crossed his forearms above his face, fists clenched. Then he flung them down, opening his fists into open hands with splayed hands and all hundred or so Techadon Robots were reduced to metal dust and shrapnel. Then Cloak took the metal dust, aware of the regenerative nature of the robots in another Realm, and crudely smelted them. Then he made into metal bricks enough make several crude Tower of Pimps. They would not regenerate.

The Cloak took a deep breath as he closed his eyes, extinguishing the the tendrils of energy. When he opened his eyes again they were back to their normal amber color.

"Are we done here, yet, Inspector?" Cloak growled. "Are you going to release my friends, or will I have to make you?"

*They look like this, only green and silver. A Weapon Master is in between.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 06:12:53 PM by CloakedFigure »

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #6004 on: August 27, 2016, 11:52:57 AM »
niceeee. go cloaky!! although i'm slightly concerned because this is only chapter eight... hmmmm.
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6005 on: August 27, 2016, 07:46:11 PM »
:)

New chapter.

CHAPTER NINE:
New Model

"I'm still waiting for an ans--" Cloak began before the Inspector interrupted.

"Deploy Seekers -- Model Beta, Series 84713."

"Shoulda known that that was too easy," Cloak muttered, as more Seekers emerged, exactly the same design of the previous model. Only predominantly yellow, with black accents and highlights.

Immediately, Cloak knew that these Seekers differed from their predecessors in one very subtle way. There was no metal in them. The hard parts were some polymer with a name Cloak could never remember, while the soft bits and the moving parts were a strong mesh thing. But there was no metal for him to manipulate at all.

"Beta models are made of a sub-Synthoid polymer from its chassis skeleton to it exoskeletal exterior," the Inspector said, devoid of emotion. "No metal to manipulate. Subject is helpless to stop them."

Cloak was annoyed that the Weapon Master of Techadon felt the compulsion to spell it out for him. Especially when he had already figured it out before he spoke.

"You honestly think that I'm some one-trick pony, don't you?" Cloak asked, rhetorically and acerbic. "Dear Inspector, you disappoint"

"Repeat: there is no metal to manipulate. The polymer is strong as metal, but it is not." the Inspector said, confident that he had the upperhand."

"Repeat," Cloak said, mocking him, "you disappoint me."

Cloak followed the same motions as before, and six tendrils of golden-scarlet energy leaked from his eyes, almost like tears, and his eyes, in turn, were like golden-scarlet suns.

"Assessment: an exercise in futility," the Inspector said.

"You may be powerful, with your technology," Cloak said, voice accidentally ethereal again. "But you place too much stock on seeing things based solely on face value. Such a lamentable pity that you cannot imagine a world outside your specific perimeters."

"Assessment: Subject is attempting to use meaningless rhetoric to disguise own ineptitudes."

"Fine," Cloak said, "be that way."

Then Cloak took a deep breath and blasted fire at the Seekers. It was hot enough to melt them into useless plastic slag. But not hot enough to ignite the atmosphere, he had enough lucidity to be very conscious of this.

All of them gone, Cloak took a deep breath, and extinguished the energy tendrils as he shut his eyes. When he opened them again, they were back to the normal amber.

"Do you require another demonstration," Cloak asked, "or will you kindly fork over the other RAFians?"

"Reassessing threat level," came the Inspector's reply.

Cloak felt a bit of pride bubbling up, as he believed the Weapon Master of Techadon finally would recognize his power. He could be real prideful, at times.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #6006 on: August 27, 2016, 07:54:10 PM »
hmmmm... i don't think the weapon master gets it yet XD
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6007 on: August 27, 2016, 08:13:07 PM »
Yep, he doesn't.

Anyway, more book ideas!

• Book MLIII: "Hairy Notter" -- Dylan is cursed with a "baldness touch".
  • Book MLIV: "Distinction of Reality and Fantasy" -- Virtual reality fantasies come into vogue.
  • Book MLV: "Return of False-Face!" -- An old acquaintance of Ash returns.
  • Book MLVI: "A H.A.R.D.A.C. to Crack" -- Civilians start acting very odd . . .
  • Book MLVII: "The Scroll" -- A martial artist is desperate for a scroll that has the technique of the Death Touch on it.
  • Book MLVIII: "Glass House" -- The RAFians discover more strange mirrors.
  • Book MLIX: "Interview With A RAFian" -- Several RAFians are interviewed.
  • Book MLX: "An Unlikely Fusions" -- An old, forgotten foe comes back and merges with the Tinhorn Thirteen.
  • Book MLXI: "Help! I'm Trapped in Everybody!" -- A friend of Quaf is trapped in a Bodyjacker ball, like F1 was.
  • Book MLXII: "WYSWYG" -- A shapeshifter is cursed to look (though retaining her size and original nose) like anyone she sees at random moments.

Don't think I rehashed anything.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 08:36:26 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #6008 on: August 27, 2016, 08:25:21 PM »
from what i can see, nope! they sound interesting haha
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6009 on: August 27, 2016, 09:25:10 PM »
Thanks. I also added two more.

New chapter. Sorry about the brevity.

CHAPTER TEN:
Dude -- Seriously?

"Assessment concluded," the Inspector said, in his deadpan voice. "Threat level is marginal."

Cloak waited a couple beats before saying anything. When he did, his tone was cold and foreboding. "Inspector, do you think that this is some kind of game I'm playing here? The joke was not funny the first time. It wasn't the second time. The third time? Now -- now, its just Gateburst insulting."

"Deploy Seekers -- Model Gamma, Series 87944." the Inspector declared -- as much as someone can declare with a deadpan delivery. These Seekers were exactly like their predecessors, down to the fabric "skin". Only they were blue with bronze-colored highlights and accents.

"This isn't gonna get old for you anytime soon, is it?" Cloak asked, knowing that he wouldn't get a response. "Because it's getting rather stale for me."

The Seekers moved to attack, as the Inspector was explaining their tech specs, but Cloak wasn't even paying attention to him anymore as these Seekers seemed better equipped than the previous set.

They fired their lasers at Cloak and Cloak easily redirected all of them, while the Inspector was still giving out the tech specs, and an idea occurred to Cloak, as he destroyed the last of Model Gamma Seekers. But this idea . . . it was too preposterous to be legitimate. Too ridiculous to be plausible. Too unlikely to be possible.

And yet . . .

"Wait just a minute here," when Cloak got unlikely confirmation of this ludicrous theory. "Is that a camera? Are you honestly making a commercial?! A commercial of all things?!"

"Error: subject is making a false assumption."

"I can see the camera!!"

"Error: subject is mistaking a carpet cleaner for a camera."

"Don't try to pull that on me, you piece of --" Cloak said, part of him not quite believing this twist. "Are you even a Weapon Master of Techadon? And nottheir Head of Merchandising or something?"

"Error: subject is raving."

"This isn't a party," Cloak said, having defeated all the Seekers.

"Error: subject is spouting out random topics in the hopes of confusing this one, #86."

"Eighty-six, huh?" Cloak said, contemptuously. "Apt, as I shall eight-six this banter right now, and order you to --"

"Mr. Cloak?"

"Oh, First Light," Cloak moaned. "You have some lousy timing, Leatherhead!"

(January 7, 2020)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #6010 on: August 27, 2016, 09:29:04 PM »
oh noo XD cloak don't hurt the kid!!
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

guitarhero01234

« Reply #6011 on: August 27, 2016, 09:55:26 PM »
Oh god, that chapter was great. I was hoping you'd make an 86 joke at some point, and you did not disappoint XD

Restaurant bros *Fist bump*

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6012 on: August 28, 2016, 06:03:12 AM »
Restaurant bros? But I work in the kitchen of a hospital (with an attached cafe, but still).

New chapter.

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
This Complicates Matters -- Wait, WHAT?!

"Deploy Seekers -- Model Delta, Series 89613." the Inspector said. Cloak still thought this was essentially a massive commercial for them. Granted, the Techadon Weapon Master wasn't being filmed, as to keep up the "mystique", presumably.

These Seekers were ruby red with gold highlights. Likely their weaponry, in the Inspector's view could not be reflected. Cloak had to wonder, even for the slightest, that perhaps that this was the true reason that Inspector #86 was kidnapping RAFians. Just so he could make a commercial for Techadon products.

"Mr. Cloak? Where is Daddy?"

And this just made everything real difficult.

"Now's not a good time, Leatherhead!" Cloak scolded. "Go back to your thread until its safe!!"

"I can help!"

Help. Leatherhead was still a novice -- at best -- in battle. It would be like playing "Kingdom Hearts" on Critical Mode with amputated thumbs. No, the difficulty spike would just be to difficult for the young crocodilian mutant.

"While I appreciate the enthusiasm, Leatherhead," Cloak said, blocking the blasts with a wall of earth, "this is far outside your realm of experience. No, go!"

"But --"

"Leatherhead," Cloak said with gritted teeth. It may have been harsh, but there was no time to split hairs or play patty-cake. Inspector #86 was far too much for him to take on, even with Cloak there. "I'm about to lose my temper with you. This guy has taken out most, if not all, of the other RAFians present. I haven't the time nor the energy to humor you in this. You're out of you league on this one."

Leatherhead looked as if he was about cry. He was five, after all.

"Don't even, Leatherhead," Cloak said, stress causing his voice to sound terse and severe. "This is neither the place nor the time for that. You need to go to your thread. It's safe there. This isn't a battle to cut your teeth on. Go! Go now!"

Leatherhead complied, deciding that he didn't like Mr. Cloak. But he would get over it with due time.

Cloak lowered the wall, only to discover that Estelore had arrived and beaten him to it. The Delta models were gone, and Estelore just looked over her shoulder, saying, "Oh, hi, Cloak."

"Hi, Esty." Cloak said in reply.

"Assessing new subject threat level," the Inspector said.

"What?" the star queried.

"This should be good," Cloak muttered.

"Assessment concluded," the Inspector declared, deadpan. "Threat level: considerable."

"Oh, C'MON!!" Cloak complained.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #6013 on: August 28, 2016, 08:51:06 AM »
This book has had me rolling so far. Great work especially since I'm sure you just wanted an excuse to show off. ;)

And PDF of the last book - which, given how it ended, I shall perceive as that one issue that every comic run has that seemingly never happened. Lord, I groaned. :P

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #6014 on: August 28, 2016, 09:51:15 AM »
i'm laughing so hard at this whole book so far, it's greatly amusing to me XD
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013