Author Topic: Listen up Applegate! Got an awesome idea for the continuation of the series!  (Read 9312 times)

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
Cassie could possibly fit in as the voice of reason when it comes to moral issues faced on the journey. Perhaps she would be tired of the fight, but I think she might want to go along, exploring new worlds and encountering new and amazing forms of life sounds like Cassie's kind of thing. Plus she still has feelings for Jake and might want to go to help support him.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
Is there a way you could try to write a chapter of this so we see a bit more of where your going?
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Offline Yorick Brown

Dude. I'm making all this up as a I go along
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
Dude. I'm making all this up as a I go along

Dude. That's what I do when I write things. I can still manage to at least write a first chapter or whatever of something.
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
I've always written my poetry in one shot, doing any necessary edits a few hours (or even days) later.
I recommend that you write as much as you can in a single go, then take a break, eat something, take a nap, and go back over it. You'll look at your own work with fresh eyes, and you'll catch things that you've missed.

I'm confident that you can do very well with this, if you really commit to it. :D
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline wotw2112

Cassie could possibly fit in as the voice of reason when it comes to moral issues faced on the journey.

Ha!  I think we're all a bit tired of hearing that...  But seriously, good point concerning why she would go along.

And no one stays depressed forever (no, not even Tobias).  He'd eventually get over Rachel so why not Melissa?  You could justify both being on the fleet in some way and it would only seem natural that they would bond over their losses (I must insist that Melissa loses something other than just Rachel - i.e. her father or somebody).

Judging by the response, this actually might be a feasible spinoff that people would read (grudgingly or not).

But you can't totally alienate fans by marginalizing Cassie and Tobias.  There is no way they would sit it out. (I also liked the comments about the tension possibilities between Cassie and Jake - lots to do there)
"Well, that idea might make a stupid idea feel better about itself."
"His goat killed you?"
"I love you shovel."
"Your conscience calls you on the telephone?"

Offline beachbeagle

• It's all in your head.
    • Beachbeagle's Hompage
They'd be 24-26 and what's wrong with that?

Same reason said previously. The whole point of the series was that they were TEENAGERS, not ADULTS. Doesn't matter if their in their 20's or 30's it still changes it.

As far as the statement about Cassie serving her purpose, whether or not that is true she was a main character. She can't completely drop out of the plot because you'll constantly have people asking "What happened to her?" Admittedly she wouldn't want to be involved, but sometimes you do something out of necessity rather than out of wanting to. If anything they're still her friends and the bonds they formed during the first war won't just vanish. And, like said, it brings up a lot of drama from her relationship with Jake which isn't a bad thing in a book.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 02:16:33 PM by beachbeagle »

Offline wotw2112

Same reason said previously. The whole point of the series was that they were TEENAGERS, not ADULTS. Doesn't matter if their in their 20's or 30's it still changes it.

They'd still have the scars of their younger years as a backdrop.

Admittedly she wouldn't want to be involved, but sometimes you do something out of necessity rather than out of wanting to. If anything they're still her friends and the bonds they formed during the first war won't just vanish. And, like said, it brings up a lot of drama from her relationship with Jake which isn't a bad thing in a book.

I completely agree.  There's too much potential there to waste.
"Well, that idea might make a stupid idea feel better about itself."
"His goat killed you?"
"I love you shovel."
"Your conscience calls you on the telephone?"

Offline V2113

• Recently Returned Raffian, RRR
Re: Listen up Applegate! Got an awesome idea for the continuation of the series!
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2008, 05:42:41 PM »
Cassie could possibly fit in as the voice of reason when it comes to moral issues faced on the journey.

I halfway agree with you there but there would be many new characters that could be the voice of reason. For Tobias fans (like me) there could be a character very much like Tobias. For Rachel fans there could be a character very much like Rachel. There would be endless possibilities with this. Also I have a few suggestions for the title:

Spacemorphs

Animorphs in Space  (This sounds WAY too cheesy)

Animorphs II
I used to be V, before that I was Tobiasfan21. Then I disappeared for several months after being kidnapped by the Twilight series. Don't make me talk about it, it was horrible. Now, I'm V2113.

I am currently a Heroes fan who enjoys writing more than anything in the world.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
Re: Listen up Applegate! Got an awesome idea for the continuation of the series!
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2008, 06:23:47 PM »
Animorphs: The Next Generation

Animorphs and the Human/Andalite Federation

Animorphs vs the Universe
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2008, 05:48:16 AM »
Animorphs in Space  (This sounds WAY too cheesy)
reminds me of power rangers in space...