Author Topic: Invasion of Earth Proposal.  (Read 6919 times)

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
Re: Invasion of Earth Proposal.
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 09:28:05 PM »
     Yeerks don't have gender.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 10:00:58 PM »
Yes they do
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 12:37:15 AM »
Hmmmm....interestin g thread. Alright I'll try my luck and begin making my invasion plan.

I must know the amount of resources I have though. I doubt they had an unlimited amount of yeerks.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 08:57:53 AM »
Yes they do

No they don't. It's been stated plenty of times in the series. They base their gender on their hosts, but Yeerks themselves don't have genders.
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 09:48:52 AM »
Yes they do

No they don't. It's been stated plenty of times in the series. They base their gender on their hosts, but Yeerks themselves don't have genders.

Book 19, Aftran explains the Yeerk reproductive process, including mentioning that they have 5 genders.  None of them really correlate to male or female though, so those pronouns typically come from the bost.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 10:06:01 AM »
see
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline donut

• Xtreme Member
  • Don't Blink
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 03:29:02 PM »
impressive plan but i think you are not taking into account that the yeerks were already loosing operational security before they got even one city under control the more yeerks on the ground the more chance for them to be outed to the rest of the world.

I'm not sure how much anyone knew about the yeerks.  Yes there were leaks, but it would all be conspiracy theories at that point.  However, it doesn't matter.  If the we don't push forward, the operation will fail by default.  That's just a risk that has to be accepted.

That's interesting about the sexes.  I don't remember it being mentioned at all.  It's interesting that there are 5 sexes, but it only takes 3 yeerks to reproduce.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 07:17:38 PM »
yeah i kinda question that

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
  • Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2011, 03:30:14 AM »
pack things up, make America a skeleton crew operation, start operations in Russia, Iran, India, China.

problem solved barring Dues Ex machina.

Cannibals are seriously messed up
[17:05:27] Reiyn: Shock's tact and diplomacy is unparalleled.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
Quote from: K.A. Applegate
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Offline Grace

• I'm a dog-owl-skunk-dolphin combo nothlit!
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2011, 04:00:03 AM »
Simple, really.

Go for the hippies, farm-people, criminals, people nobody would listen to.

Stop focusing on america, go for London!

begin taking over orphanages, make disabled people "dissapear".

Infest a child psychologist and talk show host, convince parents to be stricter, and keep shorter leashes on their children.

Infest parents at gyms, coffee mornings, football stadiums, or any sports event.

Fully control all poor people.

Start a revolution, pretending to have the poor people do an uprising.

Have the rich people go to war with the poor people.

While all this insanity is taking up all news TVand talk-show time, infest other countries quickly. Nobody will care about a crackpot tinfoil-hat conspiracy theory, if there's a country at war with itself!

Have all other countries stop the war, imprisoning all non-controllers.

I'm back, and better than ever! Also, I go by Ace now. Or Azure.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2011, 09:15:36 AM »
     It has already been said that a silent invasion is the best way to go. Randomly grabbing people might catch the attention of others. Besides, the Yeerks prefer that their hosts come voluntarily.

In my opinion, focus on Canada. And that has little to do with te fact that I'm a Canadian. I mean think about how many people of different cultures and faiths live here, compared to America. The Yeerks should have taken advantage of tolerance. And I always thought that K.A should have taken advantage of religion, as well--though I understand why she decided against it. The extremely devout are willing to buy anything if it promotes their faith. Especially if they decided to take a particularly large group (Christians and/or Muslims)
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline donut

• Xtreme Member
  • Don't Blink
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2011, 10:04:56 AM »
The groundwork was already laid in the US.  To pull out of the US would not only mean establishing full operations in those countries, it would also mean removing the operation in the US.  All of the hosts would have to be relocated or killed, and all trace of the yeerk pool would have to be removed.  That would take a lot of time and raise a lot of suspicion.  All of this is assuming that the resources to establish full operations in those countries are available.

V1 stated that a silent invasion was the best way to go, but she had ulterior motives.  This doesn't matter because V3 was under orders to keep the invasion covert if possible.  There's no reason to think we wouldn't be under the same orders.  Eventually the invasion has to turn overt though.  It's a matter of how long the overt invasion lasts and how much damage is done by it.

Also keep in mind that the point of the invasion is not to conquer Earth.  It's to get hosts quickly.  The yeerks are losing the war, and they know it.  Obviously we can't say exactly what effect that the influx of hosts would have on the war, but in several places in the series it's hinted that if the yeerks had more hosts, they would be able to overwhelm the andalites.  Regardless, the yeerks *believe* that if they have the hosts from Earth, they will be able to overwhelm the andalites.  They can't afford to wait 15-20 years to breed hosts (they could do that with the hosts they already have) and the longer an invasion takes, and the more people that die in the invasion, the less successful the invasion is by this criterion.

Keep in mind that everything has to be done with the resources available.

Offline Morilore

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 04:23:37 PM »
Also keep in mind that the point of the invasion is not to conquer Earth.  It's to get hosts quickly.  The yeerks are losing the war, and they know it.  Obviously we can't say exactly what effect that the influx of hosts would have on the war, but in several places in the series it's hinted that if the yeerks had more hosts, they would be able to overwhelm the andalites.  Regardless, the yeerks *believe* that if they have the hosts from Earth, they will be able to overwhelm the andalites.  They can't afford to wait 15-20 years to breed hosts (they could do that with the hosts they already have) and the longer an invasion takes, and the more people that die in the invasion, the less successful the invasion is by this criterion.
That's something I've always wondered about.  Earth is a gold mine for the Yeerks, right?  And the Yeerks are obviously losing the war against the Andalites; that comes through pretty clear in Visser.  But if hundreds of thousands of humans just started vanishing, infested and drummed into the Yeerk war effort to hold back the Andalite leviathan, then people on Earth would notice.  How could the Council insist on a covert infiltration strategy when that strategy means this gold mine of hosts which is your only hope against the Andalites can't really be exploited?

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2011, 06:21:49 PM »
Go for infesting those close to the famous.
As in managers for musicians and actors who will get them deals with promoting the sharing as a good place to go.

Offline donut

• Xtreme Member
  • Don't Blink
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2011, 06:47:27 PM »
The reason that they're sticking to covert invasions is that the andalite fleet shows up any time they go to an overt invasion.  They need to be in a strong enough position to take Earth quickly once the overt invasion starts.  If they could get dug in and take enough hosts before the andalite fleet arrives, the andalites may decide it's not worth it, or they might be able to get enough hosts off world to give them an advantage before the andalite fleet arrives and forces them out.