Author Topic: Invasion of Earth Proposal.  (Read 6917 times)

NateSean

Invasion of Earth Proposal.
« on: June 21, 2011, 02:48:22 PM »
Okay. You're a Visser. Any of the 47 Vissers. It doesn't matter which, but what does matter is that you are unique and you have a different idea of how things should be handled. Lets pretend that Visser One assigned you to the invasion of Earth. She has left it in your capable hands because unlike Visser Three, you might actually get it done in a timely fashion.

Start from scratch. Take Visser Three and posse completely out of the equation. You have a pool ship, a compliment of bug fighters and your own personal ship.

Throwing my own two cents in first:

I would begin by requesting as much information on all of the sparsely populated areas of the Earth. Yes, Visser One specified that America is to be my main area of concentration, as it is powerful and has a healthier population. I see that China is in fact larger, but their strict government makes it rather difficult to lay roots there.

Still, parts of Africa may be suitable for building new pools. Also parts of the planet where slavery and human trafficking are legal would be ideal for acquiring new hosts. Interesting...in parts of the world humans may "order" their mates. This can also be useful in host acquisition.

The Sharing definitely needs multiple locations. Portable Kandrona generators in New York, London, St. Petersberg, Sydney and South America will be strategically placed along with a few trusted sub vissers. Their jobs will be to obtain construction materials in the quickest way possible and to study the various subcultures to see if there are more efficient ways to obtain hosts.

Baptisms may ensure a fifty percent increase in hosts from North America.

Furthermore, I propose building a base on the dark side of Earth's Moon and an additional base on the planet called Mars. We can build these things with minimal attraction from the Andalites as their fleet will be focused primarily on the Leeran homeworld. They will also allow us to mine for vital resources and raw materials that will keep us from attracting too much attention on Earth as we slowly consolidate control the planet.

With these materials we will build a new wing of our fleet and restock our weapons without having to deplete the Empires warehouses. According to many Earth documentaries, there are tribes of primitive human beings living in remote areas. They can be overtaken easily and infested swiftly.

The human endeavor known as the International Space Station and the Hubble telescope can be covertly modified to our benefit. The Hubble, in addition to every other artificial satellite orbiting the Earth will be modified into space based Kandronas and weapons platforms. The Space Station will be used as a base to coordinate these satellites and will keep the focus of Earth governments on one another while we continue to increase our numbers along with our control of the masses.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 03:00:44 PM by NateSean »

Offline Mewmorpher

• A Real Gem!
    • Dragon Cave Resort
Re: Invasion of Earth Proposal.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 02:53:06 PM »
I think the Earth should be slowly controlled, but just a small area. After that, use the hosts to take others by forse and threat.
Do you hate trash cans? Is that your problem? Do you just HATE TRASH CANS?!! RAFcousins with Mythgirl. Wish you were here, Myth.

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 07:35:58 PM »
First priority is continuing the sharing.  It supplies a steady stream of mostly willing hosts

When Elfangor lands, since I have no personal beef with him, and no reason to kill him outright, I take him as my host body.  His memories allow me to fairly quickly find and take the "Andalite Bandits." Two will go to my most loyal lieutenants, Marco is given to Visser 1, and the other 2 are sent to the council of 13 to bribe my way up the ranks.

Loyal lieutenant #1 is sent to Africa with food and technology to "give" to the locals.  Infestation will go quickly, and while the tactical advantage is not very big, it is yet another good stream of hosts.

Word of Africa's rapid advancement will reach the news outlets, where it is tied to my shell corporation.  I suddenly have support from other world governments for my "good will missions" to spread out into other continents, focusing on the poorer ones.   India gets the most focus due to it's large population, but I make sure not to ignore the others.  Without the Animorphs foiling my plans, I have no opposition to any of my plans, and my humanitarian standing gives me access to America's leaders, who get infested.  The Andalites are likely still not paying attention to my operation.    I can start shipping bodies to the homeworld and supply all of them with a body.

Hosts that won't be missed are shipped off world to do some menial labor, build ships and weapons now that we have the bodies to use them.

Launch a small overt invasion of a planet near the Andalite homeworld, while simultaneously shipping large numbers of Yeerks to Earth.

Start overt invasion of Earth, I have control of a large percentage of the population, and should meet with little problem resistance.

Set up breeding farms ala one of the bad futures shown in the series.

Send many troops to Leera to insure success of that invasion.  Again, there are no Animorphs to get in the way and it likely goes smoothly.  Likely pick up a few more Andalite hosts.

Tell the council of 13 of my incredibly clever plan of sending the newly captures Andalites in a few ships in an "assualt" on Kelbrid space.

Watch in glee as most of the Andalite fleet is destroyed by the retaliation strike.

(How many promotions have I earned?)

With the Andalites greatly weakened, launch an all out assault on them.  Our human army is enough to overwhelm them with sheer numbers.

Retire in luxury on Risa, or its Animorphs equivalent.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 07:37:46 PM by russianspy1234 »

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 10:34:34 PM »
it kind of scares me how much thought went into that
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Lincoln

• I'm the brown one on the left.
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 11:10:37 PM »
Infest Oprah.
Game over.
"I intend to live forever, or die trying."--Groucho Marx
"Since the mathematicians have invaded the theory of relativity, I do not understand it myself anymore."--Albert Einstein

Offline Morilore

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 12:53:19 AM »
There were so many opportunities for things the Yeerks could take over and turn into host farms that I have to wonder if they were laboring under serious logistical limitations.  Churches, hospitals, dressing rooms at clothing stores, airplanes, schools... anywhere they could isolate people was a place they could bring a tub of slugs.  (I know they tried the one hospital, but why didn't they keep trying?  It was a good idea and the Andalite bandits can't be everywhere at once.)

One idea I had for a totally different strategy (in a crossover fanfic that I will probably never write) was to blow up some big, famous, symbolically important human city from orbit and then present the world with fabricated evidence that the atrocity was the doing of ruthless, genocidal Andalites who scour the galaxy exterminating anyone remotely associated with the kind and gentle symbiotic Yeerk race which has been peacefully observing humanity for some time now.  (In the fanfic that I will never write this is part of Visser One's strategy after she retrieves her children, freeing her to be as brutal as she needs to be.)

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 01:03:01 AM »
it kind of scares me how much thought went into that

after i realized that infesting elfangor meant also getting to infest the animorphs, it kinda wrote itself.

Offline visser101

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 04:39:46 AM »
if i had the job i would use shinning and other front organizations to find people that will not be missed and ship them off world to form new breeding population. (who wants to fight six billion crazy monkeys?) if i got outed to soon then hit every woman's prisons i could before humans could muster the force to hurt me then high tail it to space broadcasting "Andalite empire thanks you for the fertilizer!"

sit back grow the numbers and hope all the strange behaviors yeerks with human hosts start developing are nothing to worry about.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 10:20:47 AM »
Why only womens prison?
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 02:42:28 PM »
Why only womens prison?

because 1 man and 100 women makes for better breeding stock than 100 men and 1 woman

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 03:26:12 PM »
but still why not both?

Offline donut

• Xtreme Member
  • Don't Blink
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 07:59:05 PM »
There were so many opportunities for things the Yeerks could take over and turn into host farms that I have to wonder if they were laboring under serious logistical limitations.

Yes.  All throughout the series there are hints that the yeerks are under severe resource shortages.  And they should be.  They are in the middle of a long war, and it's safe to assume that Earth is a good distance away from yeerk controlled space.  They probably can't ship supplies to Earth.  That's the biggest flaw in all of these plans.  They assume that the yeerks have the resources to support those operations.

The resources available are a pool ship, a blade ship (I'm assuming), and a "compliment" of bug fighters, which I would guess to be in the neighborhood of two dozen.  It's safe to assume the sharing is running, since that was V1's project.  The Earth-based kadrona is in the animorphs' home town (it would already have to be in place), and we know that no new kandronas will be available for a significant time, since more would be a high priority, yet it wasn't until around book 9 that another was brought in.  There may be others on the planet that can't be moved for some reason or another, but in all likelihood, there aren't any other major yeerk operations.  We know there are other operations around the world, since a world leader was infested by book 20, but it's likely that they were all small.  From what I remember in the books, there are more yeerks on Earth than are hosts, but the yeerks only number in the tens of thousands at best.

The first priority is preparing a defense against the andalite fleet, since it looks like we took over instead of V3.

Second priority is to consolidate our position in the animorphs' home town.  The yeerk pool is still under construction.

Third is to establish a financial base on Earth.  This will involve taking wealthy hosts and taking control of large companies.

Fourth is to increase host production.  Hopefully, at this point the new kandrona will be arriving.  I would place it near the US/Mexican border and near California.  I would also work to take control of INS to the point where we could grant citizenship to those we choose.  A lot of people move across the border under the radar.  With sensors on ships it would be easy to spot them and take them.  No one would notice and we would push them through to be citizens and add them to our work force.  If we could not gain enough control over INS, we could still use them although not to as great an extent.  This would be in conjunction with other operations in whatever city we placed the second kandrona in or near.  Smaller scale operations would include taking over homeless shelters, mass grabs of any group that goes away from populated areas (such as boyscout troops), basically focusing on any group that would not be missed, or could be easily taken as a whole.  The is also the yeerk pool entrance in the highschool.  Taking parents during an open house or similar event would be useful. We would take over clinics rather than hospitals, since they see higher through traffic and would be easier to gain control of than a hospital.  As we developed we would work up to larger things, such as snatching ship crews and sinking the ship to cover our tracks. Cruise ships make the most inviting targets, and sinking the ship means that there is a built-in cover for the mass disappearance.

Fifth priority is to gain complete or almost complete control of a city.  Gaining control of the entire city will make operations in the city much easier, and branching out to other areas on a large scale would still be difficult due to the lack of Earth-based kandronas (which is why using airports as areas to grab hosts is counterproductive at this point).  This would also make it easier to ship hosts off world, since it’d be easier to conceal the disappearances.   The biggest hindrance to this is the sheer number of yeerks that would be needed to take control of all of those hosts.  The second biggest is facilities to handle feedings.  By this time though, the yeerk pool should have been developed enough to handle this expansion.

Sixth priority is taking control of high-ranking government officials.  It wouldn’t be too difficult provided that you have control of most of the city, or at least key areas.  Invitations, political rallies, meetings, and even engineered disasters could lure government officials to the city.  Their positions would justify spending the resources necessary to supply them with portable kandronas.  Once government officials have been taken, federal funds could be diverted to support yeerk operations.

At this point, everything is dependent on how many yeerks are available to infest people.  I don’t know how quickly yeerks could be bred or if more could easily be brought in from off world.  If there are enough yeerks to continue grabbing people covertly, we would continue doing so.  If there weren’t, we would begin to posture the world for an overt invasion.  Various wars would be started to concentrate Earth’s militaries.  Disrupting world communication is key.  Destruction or capture of the world’s satellite network and severing of sealines would be the first step once the world has been set for an invasion.  This would create the most confusion and prevent any organized response.  Setting off space-based EMPs would likely be the way to do this, but it would have to be weighed against the destruction of all electronic infrastructure on Earth.  If communications could be effectively cut off by another means, it would be done.  The next step is the destruction of the world’s armed forces.  In this case, it is too difficult to infest them.  Since they are concentrated in areas, it would make it easier to destroy the majority of them.  Stragglers aren’t a concern.  This is more to break the world’s moral than anything.  The military could not effectively counter ships in orbit. 

We would then isolate and attack population centers.  Ships and ground troops would be used in shock and awe campaigns to overwhelm people and break their spirit.  They would then be offered the opportunity to surrender.  Some would, some wouldn’t.  Those that don’t would be destroyed.  We would stick to this strategy to allow us to concentrate our forces and eliminate population centers as quickly as possible.  Those that surrender would be rounded up and put in camps.  They would be used as slave labor to produce food, water, and any supplies required to sustain the population until they could be infested or moved off world.

Start to finish, it would likely take 5-10 years to complete.  It would be 1-3 before we were too dug in for the andalites to liberate without “sterilizing” the planet.

Priorities 1-3 could be worked on concurrently.  4 would have to wait until 2 and 3 are complete or nearly complete.  5 is a direct result of 4.  6 can be worked on before 5 is complete, but not much before.  All 6 have to be complete before an overt invasion could be effective.  Beginning an overt invasion before that would draw out the invasion and make it difficult to get enough hosts to justify the resources expended. 

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 08:09:24 PM »
     Donut, if the Yeerks did exist, I would really hope the Yeerks wouldn't infest you.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline visser101

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 08:43:54 PM »
impressive plan but i think you are not taking into account that the yeerks were already loosing operational security before they got even one city under control the more yeerks on the ground the more chance for them to be outed to the rest of the world.

focusing on the US/Mexico is perfect placement the area is already in a bit of chaos from weak law enforcement so as illegals start disappearing many people will happily turn a blind eye to it.

and i would go for female prisons because they are ten times the value of men and i do not know how much time i would have before humans got set to counter attack. so got to max out of valuable hosts.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 08:46:50 PM »
yeerls can breed pretty fast if your lucky. Three genders come together and can produce numbers from 2 to 2000. But they die in the process so if your unlucky its counterproductive