Author Topic: Simple Animorphs Questions: Ask questions with one possible answer here!  (Read 141978 times)

Offline Tim Bruening

Re: Simple Animorphs Questions: Ask questions with one possible answer here!
« Reply #885 on: November 11, 2013, 08:51:10 PM »
I don't think it gets that specific. It's not like Elfangor would've known, and Loren wouldn't have remembered what happened anyway.

If Loren has no memories of sleeping with ANY man in the months before she became pregnant, she would be wondering WTF is going on!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #886 on: November 11, 2013, 09:03:36 PM »
...Erm... this would be a good time to ask if you've read #49. :P

Offline Ambassador

« Reply #887 on: February 15, 2014, 10:16:58 PM »
How come the Animorphs can't morph into trees and plants?

Offline Mr. Guy36

• Xtreme Member
  • im still in ur ear, still controllin ur body
« Reply #888 on: February 16, 2014, 12:36:27 AM »
How come the Animorphs can't morph into trees and plants?

...Because Andalites didn't design it that way?

I refuse to remove this sig because of some petty argument. RAF must remain solid.
By popular demand, now with Gaz!

Above silence, the illuminating storms - Dying storms - Illuminate the silence above

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #889 on: February 28, 2014, 12:25:41 AM »
Yeah, if you want the simple, one possible answer, that's it ^

I'm not entirely sure that IS a question with a simple answer, and is definitely potential fuel for some nice Animorphs debates...

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
Depends how you define going on missions. The first raid on the Pool was on a Monday night, and while the climax was often on weekends, they had to do recon and such up through the week.

And I refuse to believe 13 is a calendar year since they started, since that would be a third of the way through the series.
I think she said that because that's about a year since publication began

My count, with varies breaths between books, puts 13 about 8 months after meeting Elfangor, about Feb 97.

If we're talking about when each book happens, I wrote an approximate chronological list on Wikipedia a few years ago: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Animorphs_books#Chronological_list It used to be its own article, but now it's a section in a list.

Offline Bootlebat

I think it said somewhere Hork-Bajir live shorter than humans. Anyone know if its true?

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Like when they are babies perhaps. Or if you pretend all humans are Yao Ming. But Toby was 6 and half feet tall, and still growing at less than 3 years old. So shorter than some, at some times, but on the whole, I believe that statement is mistaken
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline The Spectre

• I am vengeance, I am god´s wrath, I am The Spectre
Like when they are babies perhaps. Or if you pretend all humans are Yao Ming. But Toby was 6 and half feet tall, and still growing at less than 3 years old. So shorter than some, at some times, but on the whole, I believe that statement is mistaken

I think they mean their lifespan is shorter, like...they live less years?

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
Consider that in roughly 30 years' time there were 4 generations.

Dak
Seerow
Jara
Toby

And they mature in 2-3 years. So. Yeah. I'd say they probably live significantly shorter lives than humans?

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
wow, reading comprehension fail.
I don't think we ever get a real life span stated. Jara died in battle, and didn't seem to be ancient, however old he was. Seerow and Dak may have gone in fights as well, no way to know when they would stop breeding. I'm inclined to agree with Steph, shorter generations is probably a mark of shorter life span, but nothing explicit
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
Hork Bajir are a class 3 species aren't they? That means that they can't be bred very quickly/don't exist in large numbers. So maybe they do have a longer life span, they just don't have very many kids. I always kinda thought it seemed like each Hork Bajir couple I read about only ever had one kid.

I wonder how long Yeerks and Andalites live. Visser 3 was in Alloran for like, decades wasn't he?
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

VisserZer0

Can someone tell me which book states that nothlits can't regain their morphing ability by touching the Escafil Device again? I know Jake mentions it briefly in #53 but surely it was covered before then.

Offline Chad32

• God
You can't morph directly from one form to the other, and you can't acquire DNA while in morph. Even when stuck, you are still in morph, so trying to give you morphing power again wouldn't work because of the stated limitations of morphing.

Ani-Master 2014!

VisserZer0

That wasn't the question. I already know all that.