Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 200456 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #5280 on: November 27, 2016, 07:38:54 PM »
Myitt scowls and snatches for the bottle again.

"You're as bad as Terenia," she snaps, though she lets Fayleth take the liquor away, and sits heavily in her bar stool again.

With a sigh she nods at Nepek. "You know, your unhappy thoughts are probably a welcome distraction from mine." The corner of her mouth tugs in a wavering smile. "Besides, you have a good sense of humor. A dark sense of humor. I can tell. I like that."

Two things happen almost simultaneously - or at least, she notices them simultaneously: Ossanlin has sauntered back up to the bar, and a newcomer in dark clothing appears in the doorway.

She tugs her black jacket back, the tips of her fingers touching her Dracon holster. "Excuse me for a moment, Nepek," she tells the Hork-Bajir under her breath, and she turns her attention to Ossanlin.

With a cringe that belies the aches and pains of her human friend, she hops off the bar stool and paces to Ossanlin's side, gripping the small of her back with her free hand.

<<You're making me feel prematurely old,>> Tara says with a sigh. <<I am not old. Dude, I'm twenty-eight.>>

Myitt swallows hard, keeping her other hand on the edge of her Dracon, the black cold metal comforting and grounding.

"Ossanlin," she rasps, clearing her throat. "Uh. They're...still alive?" Her dark brown eyes search his main ones, full of anticipatory dread. More for his reaction than his answer. Stupid. Stupid, how could you have been so stupid? Her thoughts bleed into Tara's, but the human says nothing - though she thinks plenty.

Not stupid. Just listen. You were being used. Controlled.

All this happens in the milliseconds while she waits, her gaze fogging just a bit as she tries to focus on Ossanlin in front of her.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5281 on: November 28, 2016, 01:00:57 AM »
Fayleth's back is to the door, so she doesn't initially notice Ossanlin's return, or the arrival of the strange newcomer.

"Listen, Myitt--" she begins, but her comrade is already moving away. Heaving a sigh, Fayleth watches as she walks over to the Andalite.

<<No,>> she comments firmly to Terenia, feeling her hackles rise.

<<I wasn't planning on it. Besides, the temperamental Hork-Bajir is talking to you.>>

Fayleth blinks and turns back to Nepek. "Actually, the only person I know here is Myitt, and I've only known her for a few weeks," she admits. "My host, though, has a rather...colorful.. .history with several people here." She favors Nepek with a small smile. "It's a long story, and not a particularly enjoyable one."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #5282 on: November 28, 2016, 03:10:41 AM »
Ossanlin drinks from his water-bowl, turning his main eyes to stare directly at Myitt and Tara.  <They are...unless Dalik also plans to murder them in cold blood.>  He holds his gaze steady, remaining silent for several moments before continuing.  <The carotid artery should be even stronger than it was before the laceration.>

<I don't know the entire history between you and Keshin, save that no love is lost.>  He shakes his head, looking up at the rafters with his main eyes, keeping a stalk-eye on Myitt.  <I'd like to think...to believe that whatever hatred you might hold for the bounty-hunter would not drive you to murder.>  He turns his main eyes back to Myitt's.  <But I've seen you murder another in cold blood before.  One of your own, with the anti-kandrona device.  Before that, I'd thought you incapable of such things.  I'd thought you were governed by reason...logic.  Not treachery and deceit.  It is one thing to kill honestly...I hate doing it, but sometimes it needs to be done.  This is a war.  But luring an enemy into a false sense of security by imitating friendship and then striking them in the back?!  Two times I've now witnessed you do this.  In one instance, you murdered successfully, in the other, your victim was saved.>  He pauses.  <Do I need to be watching for a knife or a dracon pointed at my back?>

He regrets how harsh the thought sounds as soon as it issues forth.  He looks down at the bar-counter shaking his head.  <No, that's not fair.  I'm sorry Myitt.  You felt a threat for everything and everyone you knew and loved the first time, and I know you were being manipulated this time.  Controlled.  Influenced.>  He casts his main eyes over at Jeffrey.  <The man needs to go.  He's completely insane.  He takes...glee...in bloodshed where none is necessary.  He is beyond reason and caring.>  He pauses, fingering one of his Shredders on the verge of drawing.  <Sometimes it needs to be done.>
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 07:59:56 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5283 on: November 28, 2016, 05:08:19 AM »
The presence of the newcomer seems to distract Nepek for a few moments. The way he entered the Bar, the way he sat down and his drink just appeared . . . it just seemed off. Not necessarily dangerous, but certainly strange.

He shakes his head and stops staring at the stranger when he notices that Terenia had spoken. "I see. I've noticed that most, if not all, of the Yeerks here have voluntary hosts, or at the very least, a mutually beneficial relationship." Nepek nods, returning Fayleth's smile. "Nice to see things have changed, at least in whatever timeline you're from." For once, there's no venom or sarcasm permeating Nepek's words.

His expression changes, however, when he notices Ossanlin's hand moving for his Shredder. Nepek either couldn't hear Ossanlin's thought-speech or wasn't paying attention, but when he sees the Andalite reaching for his weapon with his main eyes fixed on Jeffrey, an amused grin creeps its way across his face. Maybe Myitt was right in that he has a dark sense of humor. . . .

Using the bar's countertop for balance, the Hork-Bajir stands up and saunters over to Ossanlin. "Welcome back, my friend," Nepek says, fighting the urge to rest his free hand on the Andalite's shoulder. Damn, was the alcohol hitting him already? I'm getting too old for this ****. . . . "I couldn't help but notice where your hand seemed to be headed," he says quietly so as not to alarm the rest of the bar to what Ossanlin seemed to be thinkkng. Although, with the Hork-Bajir's gruff voice, this may not have worked. Regardless, his trademark smirk, which is quickly becoming reminiscent of that of the Cheshire Cat, returns to his face.

"Despite being a fool," Nepek continues, "I'm not a complete idiot. And I know that when one being decides who gets to live and who can die, that's wading into some very dangerous waters. A 'god complex,' as I've heard it called." Nepek shakes his head, in a very humanlike gesture. "But I think I've outstayed my welcome here. If you have nothing else to say, I take my leave." Without waiting for Ossanlin's response, Nepek takes his hand off the bar and turns around - and after a few steps toward the door, promptly collapses into a heap on the floor.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5284 on: November 28, 2016, 04:06:53 PM »
"Oh yes, fantastic, send the bounty hunter who nearly just got killed through the hatch first instead of the person Cameron knows and loves," says Keshin, a bit sarcastically. "But yes, fine. I'll do it. Then again, you arguably look like even more of a stranger than we do."

Keshin slowly tries to untense his body and puts on a relaxed, detached expression. To be more specific, it's the exact expression Keshin uses whenever he makes any deal with the Empire. Showtime.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You've got Supers where you're from?" says Jeffrey, smiling oddly at Hunter. "That is, humans with powers. That's news to me. You're a freaking wolf and you're the only person I've seen so far talking about them. Everyone else says there are no powers. A shadow teleporter..." A dark expression very briefly flits across Jeffrey's face. So like The Bogey. Ellis Straylight. The one who killed me and ruined my life. However, it doesn't last. He smiles sidelong at Hunter. "...we've got those back at home. Shadowmancers. A lot of them end up in the military, so we call 'em Bogeys. Dangerous flippin' ****ers. Sort of a class of their own. I have no idea what---"

Jeffrey stops as the Andalite re-enters the Bar and gives him a look best described as a 'death glare.' Jeffrey gives the Andalite a grin in response. Somehow, the furball obviously understood that he was the one responsible for egging Myitt into shooting the bounty hunter. How rich was that! Was it his weird telepathy? Jeffrey has no idea. But the Andalite is instantly followed by a stranger that brings an eerie silence with him. The hairs on the back of Jeffrey's neck prick up as he "orders" his drink. That one's got power.

Jeffrey intends to keep right on watching, but stops as Nepek says...Something or another...And suddenly collapses onto the floor. Jeffrey supresses a giggle--- Maybe the bladed old coot had too much to drink!--- And stands up. He glances at Hunter.

"Should somebody do something?" he says. "Help him up? Or wait for the paladin to make a move?"

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #5285 on: November 30, 2016, 12:29:56 AM »
"Yeah, there's 'Supers' where I'm from but they're few and far between," Hunter air quoted Supers "a lot of them keep to 'emselves but they're there." He pauses to take a drag and blows the smoke upwards.

"And you're not wrong. If I didn't have these,' he indicates to his ears "I wouldn't be here right now."

He glances down the bar towards Ossanlin and Nepek. Hunter hears and sees Ossanlin slightly reaching for his weapon.

Hunter huffs and says to Jeffrey "I'm staying parked right here."

He sounded blasé towards what was going on, but he was alert and ready to get out of the firing line if the need arose. His visible fur began to prick up, almost in anticipation of a fight.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 01:46:04 AM by Hunter »

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5286 on: November 30, 2016, 09:30:07 PM »
Myitt listens to Ossanlin list out her actions, past and present. She is impassive watching him, except when he twice accuses her of backstabbing. She flinches visibly.

Then the calm and friendly tone of their camaraderie, their normal banter, returns. Myitt watches as her friend talks about murdering the very person that had caused her to nearly commit murder, herself.

Myitt reaches a hand out and lays it on Ossanlin's arm.

"Don't," she says firmly, mouth quivering. "Don't be like him."

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #5287 on: December 01, 2016, 04:05:50 AM »
<I'm not like him.  I don't kill for fun.  Who will his next victim be?  Will he actually succeed in killing some innocent person?  I glimpsed his mind, Myitt, as I'm sure you did.  He's done horrible, terrible things to completely innocent people.  I can stop him here and now, for good.  Cleanly, quickly...painlessl y, unlike the atrocities that he's...>

He twitches visibly as Nepek addresses him, squeezing a hand harder around the grip of one of his shredders.  He directs his main eyes at the old seer.  <I'm a War Prince and the Captain of a Dome Ship, I end lives by the hundreds if I must...>  Before he can say more the Hork-Bajir has turned away and begun to walk toward the door.  Just as Ossanlin begins to draw, the seer collapses to the floor.  <Yaolin!>  He shoves the shredder back into its holster and turns to the Hork-Bajir, analyzing him with his ARC to see if he had merely passed out from alcohol, or if he's experiencing some sort of internal health issue.

RAF Silverblade

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5288 on: December 01, 2016, 03:49:01 PM »
"A little help getting up would be appreciated!" Nepek snarls as he slowly, carefully gets back to his feet. He certainly got what he asked for when he requested a strong drink. It seems to him that the Bartender himself has a sick sense of humor. Although, was it really just the alcohol? Something in the back of Nepek's mind told him to let Ossanlin run a scan, but pride (and possibly clouded judgement) was getting in the way of that idea.

"I'm fine," he snaps at the Andalite. "Just had a bit too much to drink." He slowly makes his way back to the bar, opting for a seat close to where Ossanlin was. "And since I'm clearly in no fit state to operate my craft, it seems I'm stuck here for now." Nepek lowers his voice, making sure the other patrons won't hear his conversation. "But thank you for your concern," he says to Ossanlin. "As for him . . ." he gestures toward Jeffrey. ". . . If you choose to do anything about him, I may not agree with your actions, but I won't stop you. Not that I really could anyway. But if he tries anything. . . ." Nepek resumes his usual terrifying grin. "Well, at that point, my own safety would be in question, and I can't have that. Even I have to draw the line somewhere, and there's a good reason that my old friend referred to me as a 'walking garbage disposal.'"

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5289 on: December 01, 2016, 05:14:14 PM »
Jeffrey stands up from his seat and starts to move, getting slightly closer to Ossanlin, Myitt, and Nepek. He doesn't go all the way, though...Mainly because he doesn't want to risk it. Something about the posture of the group screamed uncomfortable, and Jeffrey had been in enough fights to recognize that. He crosses his arms and ****s his head, watching. Huh. Would you look at that. Nepek...that's his name right?... he's back up and running. Jeffrey smiles slightly. Heh. You had to hand it to the crotchety old alien--- He didn't look like he was one to die easy.

Jeffrey does catch something from his current angle. Ossanlin was drawing his gun from his belt before Nepek fell. Jeffrey freezes momentarily. What the hell was the blue deer thinking about, killing him?! If you narrowed it down, it had to be him. He had no reason to kill Myitt, or Nepek for that matter. Jeffrey twitches and walks back toward Hunter, sitting down.

"No worries, it was nothing," says Jeffrey. "The guy's fine, whatever he is.  I'd be interested to hear more about what you are, exactly. So there are humans and wolf people?" Jeffrey moves his hand under the table and fingers one of the remaining knives, just in case.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5290 on: December 02, 2016, 12:41:17 AM »
Dalik smiles thinly, gesturing Keshin up the ramp to the Bug Fighter. He stays firmly where he is, folding his arms across a bloodied chest.

The inside of the Bug Fighter cabin is unlike most Imperial issued ships. For one, it bears all the signs of a permanent residence, with a makeshift kitchen, bed, and even shower crammed into the tiny space. For another, the ship is nearly bursting at the seams with technology. Wires snake out of control panels, scanners are disassembled and tossed in corners. What appears to be half of a deconstructed Dracon cannon is shoved beside the mattress.

And, on her knees on the mattress, is Cameron. She is awake, poised in a crouched position like a wary cat. Her brown eyes are on the open hatch.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5291 on: December 02, 2016, 04:55:38 PM »
Myitt, still looking conflicted, forces her attention outward again.

She watches as Ossanlin helps Nepek up from the Hork-Bajir's impromptu fall.

And as Jeffrey approaches, she tenses, shooting him a glare.

<<That's right,>> she smolders, as Jeffrey backs away towards Hunter once more. She raises her chin, her mouth twitching with unspoken words. <<You walk away. You know what's best for you, don't you?>>

Her fingers clench around an invisible weapon.

<<You're staring.>>

"What?" she breathes aloud.

<<You're staring at him.>>

Myitt wrenches her gaze away from Jeffrey, back to Nepek, who is approaching the bar again.

Her wandering also meets Fayleth's eyes, and she waves her and Terenia over. It was good to keep friends close, in case of a fight.

"Are you okay?" she asks the Hork-Bajir with a wry smile. "This place tends to knock you on your face, if you're not careful." She clicks her fingernails on her glass tumbler, emptied of the red stuff she was drinking earlier.

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #5292 on: December 02, 2016, 06:14:29 PM »
Hunter glances down the bar once more as Nepek collapses and then proceeds to be helped back up by Ossanlin and sit at the bar.

He sticks a paw inside his coat and quickly flicks the safety off of the modified pistol sitting in his underarm holster, just to be safe.

"Well, it's a long story but yeah there's Humans, and there was once anthro-wolves..." Hunter trailed off, not sure if he should continue explaining. "To make it short, to my knowledge there's myself, and three others. F*** knows where they are though." He takes a drag and blows the smoke upwards

"It's not just Humans and me though. There's feral animals too, but nearly any anthro-animal you can think of exists where I'm from."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 11:27:09 PM by Hunter »

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #5293 on: December 03, 2016, 07:14:50 AM »
<He has the ability to influence minds telepathically.  Depending on how strong your mental defenses are, you might not have a choice to do anything.  He's completely insane, has committed acts of horrible atrocity for fun, laughs gleefully at the sight of innocent blood, and has the ability to mentally manipulate others.  He's beyond dangerous.  Nearly everyone in this bar just witnessed him attempting to murder two people he didn't even know.  For fun!>  Ossanlin breathes a few times, calmly.  While the tone and inflection of his 'voice' alters during his 'speech,' his face remains cool, level, and impassive.  <He has no reason not to 'have some fun' again, and this time he might actually succeed in ending lives.  Pointlessly.  To no purpose whatsoever.>

RAF Silverblade

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5294 on: December 03, 2016, 03:03:21 PM »
For a moment, Nepek says nothing, seeming to digest this information. He tries to come up with a witty retort, but the words fail him. "If that's all true," he finally says, "then do what you will. It wasn't my place to intervene anyway."

Outside the bar, a small Yeerk craft lands in the ship port with all the grace of a ballerina with lead weights strapped to her limbs. A human figure carefully steps out of the battered craft, taking care not to end up sprawled out on the pavement - or whatever material the ship port was made of. A headset in the human figure reads out directions in a synthesized voice: "Left forty-five degrees. Forward thirty steps."

After a few moments of stumbling around the shipyard, a lone human male pushes open the door to the GESB. Stringy, dark-brown hair covers his head, and his face looks almost sunken in with a patchy beard. Possibly his most defining feature, however, would be his glassy, pupil-less eyes that always seemed to stare at nothing.

<<We shouldn't be here, you know.>>

<<Aw, come on, it could be fun! I'll get ya' drunk. . . .>>

The human messes with a device in his pocket, and the synthesized voice turns into a series of steady, rhythmic beeps, which get faster with every step he takes forward to the bar. As he comes right up to the bar, near Hunter and Jeffrey, the sound is almost one solid tone, sure to drive anyone with sensitive ears crazy. He switches the device off before it gets too grating.

"Rum and coke, please!" the human says. He turns in the direction that he thinks people will be - by coincidence, his eyes end up directed at Jeffrey. "How's it goin'?"
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 12:58:13 AM by gh »