Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 196147 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #4500 on: October 02, 2014, 07:28:23 AM »
"We all know this place isn't natural. Whatever being is keeping this place together is probably going to dislike some Yeerk base being put here, or whatever you puny mortals are planning. Remember, this place connects to many dimensions and timelines, if not all of them. You can't think you're the first one that's ever come here and tried something. I can pretty much guarantee that it will end badly if you try to bring troops here to set something up." Ike said to Elriss.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4501 on: October 02, 2014, 05:56:59 PM »
"What do you mean, the place connects to many....dimensions?" states James, glancing at Ike. "Is that even possible? I mean, it's just a wooden building in space."

The Bartender, without issue, slides over a mug filled with steaming hot coffee. James takes a tentative sip, and looks confused when he realizes it's exactly the taste he was hoping for. Mild, but subtly spicy. "I'll...I'll grant you that the place is really weird, though. Where did he even get Arabian coffee this fresh in space?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4502 on: October 02, 2014, 06:10:50 PM »
"I saw a talking reindeer will magical powers, talking about destroying evil, the last time I was here." Ike said. "No amount of alchohol I have ever drank could make me see that kind of thing."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4503 on: October 02, 2014, 07:38:38 PM »
Out in the forest, an opening...almost a fissure in the air widens, a dark purple outlined with bright blue.  A figure dashes through holding a slightly-curved sword down by his side.  He turns around and waves the sword at the fissure, sealing it shut behind him.  "Dammerung's tears..."  He swears under his breath.  He finally takes the time to look around himself and notices the strange trees of the forest.  He hadn't had the time to set proper runes, he'd had to open the fissure without any guidance template.  Mother had caught him by surprise that time...She'd almost managed to pull him back in.  He reaches into his small pouch and very nearly grabs the guidance runes to open a proper fissure, but his sense of the world around him is dimmed...dampened somehow.  His heart nearly jumps into his throat...had he Traveled somewhere that already contained Mother's essence?  But no...if that were the case, he would already be gone.  And that meant...he must be very close to another Primal.  All the more reason to leave quickly...and yet...the oppression of his senses is so strong that he must be within this Primal's absolute barrier...which meant the Primal was careless, or had allowed him to enter.  Regardless, being within the absolute barrier of another Primal would keep him safe from Mother...and nothing had attacked him yet.  Perhaps it would be best to play this out.

He chants softly under his breath and the long katana-like sword melts and shifts into a black and silver staff with a gold jewel on top.  His long silver cloak ripples in the breeze, glinting as he picks his way through the underbrush of the strange forest.  Off in the distance he can see metallic hulks...remains of space-ships.  Interesting...space-faring dimensions were always more interesting.  Eventually he emerges from the forest and spies several functional space-ships parked near a dilapidated wooden shack.  He holds his staff in front of his eyes and chants softly...he can detect life...true life, but beyond that, his Scrying is blinded.  His abilities would be dampened this close to another Primal, but some of them should still work.  Of course, the other Primal could choose simply to destroy him outright.  Next to Mother, this looks like a summer vacation.

He continues to walk, his cowl drawn up as he approaches the bar.  He pushes the swinging doors open with his staff and glances around the room, noting the general appearance as humanoid.  For a moment, nothing can be seen inside his cowl.  Then he lifts his free hand up and drops the cowl, revealing a human face with shoulder-length jet-black hair, two miniature braids dropping from each temple.  His irises are a deep crimson, his features fair, skin a healthy caucasian flesh-tone.  His cloak almost-imperceptibly blends and melts into a fitted black tunic-coat with tasteful dark-red embroidery and silver epaulettes.  The bottom half melds with his slightly-loose black pants.  His feet are clad in black shin-boots with pointed metallic silver toes and flat metallic heels.  He places his staff on his back and straps melt out from his tunic-coat to hold it in place.  He's wearing black gauntlets that have slotting-metallic backing over the hand and fingers, the final piece on the finger-tips hooking out to resemble claws.

His boots clink and clunk as he treads the old wooden floor.  The humans called this type of establishment a "bar."  Interesting.  Finally his eyes rest upon the BT idly wiping a dirty glass.  He grunts and holds his breath...that had to be the Primal's avatar here.  As if in answer, the BT looks up at him and smiles unpleasantly before gesturing at an empty stool.  He growls a bit in the back of his throat, but continues walking, seating himself upon the stool.  He stares at the BT, trying to sense anything about this Primal...but feels nothing.  The BT chuckles to himself and produces a tumbler full of jet-black, semi-viscous liquid on ice.  He tilts his head and holds it up.  The traveler grits his teeth and gestures at the glass with his hand, chanting under his breath.  The tumbler levitates into the air and floats over to his hand.  He takes a sip, and the BT only smiles at him before returning to his incessant dry-washing of the tumbler.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #4504 on: October 02, 2014, 08:58:22 PM »
Myitt, already tense, flinches as the door swings open.

She gives the newcomer in armor a passing glance, eyes following him briefly as he makes his way to the bar.

Her attention swiftly returns to Elriss, with interest.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #4505 on: October 02, 2014, 09:48:24 PM »
"Some sorta teacher, you might say that," Elriss replies to Myitt. "The sort that's going to teach the Empire the new way." In spite of the bags under her eyes, she looks excited, thinking of what the Light means to her.

She glances towards the door as it swings open, and does a double take at the appearance of the man there. Is his cloak changing? Are his eyes red? Is... Is he levitating that glass!?

<Oh, good, something weird,> she confides to her host. <I was beginning to forget where I was.>

<Rot in hell,> Rose retorts helpfully.

<You know,> Elriss pouts, <some hosts are good conversationalists. I miss Emily.>

She turns back to Renlath with a cold smile. "I guess it does," she replies with a searching gaze. Difficult for loyal subjects of the Empire to find? What was that supposed to mean? "So..." she continues slowly, thinking aloud, "does that mean that it's easier to find if you're... less loyal to the Empire?"

She glances over at Ike, "Hon, you're not making this place sound any less appealing. If there are other dimensions and timelines for the taking, we're all but obligated to look into it, ain't we? I guess you'd call it 'risk versus reward.' It might end badly, but if it doesn't..." her eyes sparkle as she glances around the room and leaves the statement hanging.

"The reindeer was pretty bizarre, though," she agrees with Ike, looking towards the newcomer sitting next to him.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4506 on: October 02, 2014, 10:57:55 PM »

"Da, that is what I mean," Nareth says. Then he raises his eyebrows. "Of course if you know where to look it becomes easy as well. I trust someone told you how to get here, yes? I would not want to imagine that the first Imperial I happen across is actually a traitor." His eyes scan down her tattered uniform, and he makes a show of pursing his lips and frowning. "That would be rather disappointing."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4507 on: October 03, 2014, 07:11:07 AM »
"Very well. Dig for treasure all you like, and beware of Balrogs." Ike said. Though he got a concerned look on his face as he considered the idea of an actual Balrog showing up.

The BT came over to Ike with a tab for the new guy's drink, without being asked. Apparently he noticed the trend. Ike grabbed exact change without looking at it, and handed it over.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #4508 on: October 04, 2014, 04:04:58 PM »
Elriss sputters in response to Renlath's accusation. "I... You dare... I'm not..." This was where this had ended up? With her loyalty in question?

She breathes deep and takes a moment to collect herself. "I serve the Empire tirelessly, and without question," she says, most of her accent seeming to have dried up. "As is true of all the Light." She does her best to return his scrutinizing frown, but in truth, she's a bit shaken by this turnabout. "I hear the same can't be said of all the Vissers." She sighs. This is going nowhere fast. "I guess it must be fate that two completely loyal imperialists found each other here," she says sarcastically. "You wouldn't have any problem showing me how you get here, would you, Visser?" When she says the word 'Visser,' her tone is one of respect, but there's a sneer hiding in her words as well.

She turns towards Ike and smiles. "You're cute when you're drinkin'," she says, leaning closer to him with a suggestive smile.

Salem's Story

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4509 on: October 04, 2014, 04:16:09 PM »
"Of course not," Nareth responds with a silky smile. He seems to realize that he's shaken her, and that puts his own nerves at ease. "My Blade Ship is in close orbit, I would be happy to bring you on board and share the specific coordinates used." He tilts his head slightly, the smile still in place, knowing full well that if she steps foot on his ship she will be entirely at the mercy of his commands.

"My personnel are quite eager to please," he adds. The underlying meaning is clear. His officers will do whatever Nareth tells them to, and Elriss may not like the results.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:52:27 AM by Terenia »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4510 on: October 04, 2014, 05:12:11 PM »
"You're cute when you're flustered." Ike says with a smile. He gets a refill on his drink, and tries to put on an air of being cool and casual. Given his slowly increasingly drunken state, there was no telling if he actually looked cool.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #4511 on: October 05, 2014, 03:15:15 PM »
Myitt sits back, watching the exchange between Nareth and Elriss with growing unease. The banter around her is, at least temporarily, forgotten.

"Wait just a minute," she says skeptically, leaning forward again, her expression matching the clipped Bostonian tone. "If the Empire's gonna get taught some new scheme, a new way of thinking, don't you think those of us lower on the hierarchy would have heard--I don't know--something about this Light thing? I mean, if it's anything like the last overhaul in Imperial team building the Council rolled out, then all due respect, we still haven't won an inch of Kelbrid space. Not to mention Leera. This Light you're talking about?" She regards Elriss and Nareth critically." It had better work."

Thinking better of herself, she lowers her gaze briefly, sits back again, and murmurs, "Sirs."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4512 on: October 06, 2014, 11:59:08 AM »
James Woodley notes the entering traveler in surprise. He looked like something out of a bad colony fantasy movie, but somehow much more believable. He takes a light sip of the fine coffee provided by the Bartender and almost spits it out when the stranger levitates his glass. He's only seen a few other people do things like that, and all of them were either Thyllians or relatives of the Void. The red eyes seemed to indicate Void, but the hair had only one shade of black in it. This dude was probably okay. He looked a tad wary of the Bartender, though. For some reason, James internally capitalized "Bartender." ....the hell was that about...

It isn't long before he begins to tune in to the bizarre conversation going on between the three Yeerks and Ike. James thinks for a moment and then says, "....hey wait a minute. Isn't it possible that..." James spins his finger around his ear. "....crazy tree guy over there is right and this place is linked to multiple worlds? So you guys aren't from the same Yeerk Empire. Hell, where I'm from I used to be a businessman.... and I've never even heard of Yeerks."

Truth be told, he had not been so rich for a long time. But it ought to convey the right impression.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #4513 on: October 06, 2014, 05:59:37 PM »
Elriss catches the meaning behind Renlath's words-- heading up to his Blade Ship will not end well for her. He's called her bluff, and she very nearly finds herself accepting out of sheer pride. She can't believe the nerve of this Visser, and she finds herself backpedaling, trying to find a way to get out of what she herself suggested without looking like a coward.

"Maybe I'll just have you transmit the coordinates to us after I've returned home," she says lamely. She gives Renlath a hard glare, scrutinizing his perfectly put-together appearance as though it might yield some clue as to whether he is actually a traitor... or simply a Visser playing politics.

Of course, now there's the issue of there being a Blade Ship in close orbit. A Blade Ship that could take her back to the Empire, if she can figure out how to secure passage without... disappearing, or getting herself imprisoned. Her thoughts are so twisted that she nearly misses the opportunity to smile again at Ike and give her hair a little toss.

She turns her glare towards Myitt. Whether she knows it or not, she's managed to hit a bit of a sore subject. The secrecy under which the Council has kept the Light runs totally contrary to Vanress's vision, and there have been growing murmers within the organization that the Council has no real intention of living up to its promises. Oddly, neither Edriss nor Vanress has seemed terribly concerned with these suggestions, and Elriss has found herself wondering what their plans are.

"It will work," she says, confidently, her voice dripping resentment. "Unlike the Council's sappy little team-building exercise, the Light is run by competent Yeerks. The only problem will be convincing the Vissers," she laughs, sparing a glance for Renlath.

She looks towards the man she doesn't know when he speaks. He's human, and he's here, but he doesn't know Yeerks. "Not from the same Yeerk Empire?" she wonders aloud. She frowns. Sure, it's possible, she guesses, but is it really something that's worth wrapping her head around? Ike is clearly from somewhere else, but how much does that knowledge help her now?

"How do you know we ain't from the same place?" she asks. "Not even every... businessman like yourself knows us on Earth." She does her best to keep her tone light and flirtatious, in spite of the anger roiling in her over Renlath and Myitt. "Either way, I'd like to get to know ya sooner rather than later. Name's Elriss," she says, holding out a hand as if for him to kiss. "And once we take this place, it won't be long before everyone knows us." She grins, ambition flashing in her eyes. "Intimately." Rarely before has that word sounded so sinister.

Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4514 on: October 06, 2014, 06:11:54 PM »
Since Elriss seemed to be reciprocating, Ike decided to lean a little closer to her. He was careful not to fall out of his chair, since he didn't want to make a scene, or have people thinking he couldn't hold his liquor. He had been to bars before, paying for drinks and spreading the Good News, but this was some rich stuff he was drinking. Somehow not only did the Bartender have impeccable stock, but it was quality stock too. The only thing to complain about was that the place wasn't spotless.

He wondered if he'd be able to bring Elriss to The One. They were hitting it off, or at least Elriss was making like they were, and eventually she would probably offer to let him join up with their group. If that happened he'd just have to convince her to become a follower of The One in exchange for him letting a Yeerk into his head, and depend on the Holy spirit to keep him from just becoming a Yeerk slave.

She acted like this would be a great place for the Empire, but something like this should be handled by a greater being than her. Maybe the reason he was here in the first place was to convert people and give Him a foothold.

He decided not to make any quips about the "intimacy" that elriss talked about. He would be a better person than to say something crude.

Ani-Master 2014!