Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 237030 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #2670 on: July 11, 2011, 08:28:05 PM »
Any of those are valid options.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2671 on: July 11, 2011, 08:29:31 PM »
I'm sure one of them will be on in at least the next three days. Don't worry, they'll see it. ^^
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2672 on: July 11, 2011, 08:43:04 PM »
ok if you say so

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2673 on: July 11, 2011, 08:58:05 PM »
Shawn, if I were you, I'd just have your character go do something else. If you still think Mythica might come back, you can be polite and come up with an in-character reason to leave the conversation (maybe your character got distracted with something else in the room? He could apologize and go over to see).

If you want to bring in a new character, that's an option too, but if you're going to keep both characters in the bar, yeah, might want to make sure it's okay with those guys. Best way to talk to them is probably just this thread, actually :P

In either case, her ceasing to exist is no reason you have to put your RPing on hold. If you feel like someone's disappeared, you're more than welcome to bow out of the interaction.

Hehe... Katrina, are you intentionally using Ewa to sort of critique and deconstruct the Space Bar and stuff? Or is it just working out so perfectly because she comes from a world that specializes in reconstructing the world that dreams up the entire world from which she comes?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:28:14 PM by Lumy the Kit »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #2674 on: July 11, 2011, 11:32:05 PM »
That is just as much fun to read the second time around ^_^

And yeah, it's the second one.  I'm not out to REALLY critique the bar or anything.  It is a very fun place ^_^
Work is for the weak

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2675 on: July 11, 2011, 11:59:38 PM »
Well Lumy having my character get distracted might work, however there are two problems with that. One is that I just asked Mythica if she wanted a refill on her drink. Second is the fact that my char. is too honorable to do that. He's kind of got the knight/samurai mentality where honor is everything to him.

Therefore I thought I'd bring in my other RP char. but, I don't want to tick other people off (although I do have a history of unintentionally doing that)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2676 on: July 12, 2011, 12:18:32 AM »
At this point, it looks to me like Mythica might just be gone. You could always just have your character do something else and not mention her character. Or you could say that he took her silence to mean that she wanted time to herself- if that's the case, the honorable thing for him to do would be to leave her alone. Better than having him stand there staring at her, anyway ;) At this point, it looks like, if you want that character back, you'll have to break from that table somehow, though.

If you're not willing or able to do that, or if you just want to bring in a new character, I say just do it ^_^ Again, the GESB is fun- no sense in being forced to sit out just because the person you were talking to seems to have left.

Salem's Story

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #2677 on: July 13, 2011, 03:42:14 AM »
Shawn, I really think you should extricate the character you currently have from the situation with Mythica.  It's the second time you've brought him in, you obviously enjoy playing him...so I say you should play him.  We would still want you to keep it to one character at a time at this point, so you need to keep in mind that if you bring in a second character, your first character will (for all intents and purposes) cease to exist in the GESB.  This means that if you bring in a second character without having your first egress, we'll just pretend as if he's not there.  Just some things that you need to consider.  Our rules are here for reasons, good reasons.  It's unfortunate that Mythica stopped responding, but there's not much you can do about it...you still have to abide by the rules.

And I'm not trying to sound harsh or anything, in fact I think you have the potential to be an awesome player in the GESB, I just want you to know what to expect if you decide to bring a different char. in.   :)
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #2678 on: July 13, 2011, 08:34:07 AM »
Yeah, I second that, Ossanlin.  Sometimes people wander off, life happens, etc., Shawn--don't get discouraged!  But please stick to just one character (or one Controller--I guess that's technically two in one :P) for now.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2679 on: July 13, 2011, 11:30:37 AM »
alright thank you Ossanlin and Myitt. I wasnt tryin to cause problems or anything I was just curious. I'll figure something out here.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2680 on: July 13, 2011, 02:45:54 PM »
You're not being difficult at all, Shawn. :) We appreciate you asking instead of just running around and trying to make things work your way without making sure it fits the roleplay style first.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2681 on: July 13, 2011, 02:50:00 PM »
Well that puts me at ease. Now I just need to figure out what to do next. I might need to have my char. either hang out in his ship or leave the planet caues im goin out of town tomorrow and wont be back till at least Sunday or Monday. Such is life

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #2682 on: July 13, 2011, 06:30:54 PM »
Honestly, he'd probably be fine just hanging out in the bar, with as slow as it's moving this week. I know my go-to thing if I have to leave for a bit is to just stick Salem and Al in their ship. It's up to you ;)

Salem's Story

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2683 on: July 14, 2011, 08:39:22 PM »
As much as I like Rathien, we've basically established that Van hates Rathien. Van, being a pirate, sees guys like Rathien a fair bit. He'd recognize those mannerisms anywhere. Finally, girly pirate is in his own element! :D
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #2684 on: July 14, 2011, 08:44:16 PM »
That's kinda where I'm at. I think Rathien is amazing, but Salem wants him dead and Al really dislikes him. Haha... their reactions to him are definitely different than mine are :P

Salem's Story