Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 223888 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #2070 on: May 01, 2011, 04:17:39 PM »
Nah, it doesn't work like that. There's no way that Mar would send the dark matter energy to a guy who draws power from the Ellimist----he could actually kill him. Instead what Mar's going to do is send the energy he's feeding off of from souls he's collected. Which to a noble guy like Ossanlin, who in an ascended state will detect what Mar is doing.....will be kind of repulsive.  :P

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2071 on: May 01, 2011, 04:20:44 PM »
Ok. I just started picturing Oss getting an evil power rush and becoming ruthless and stuff until the power ran out.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2072 on: May 01, 2011, 06:45:25 PM »
Ossanlin is an Andalite. He's already ruthless, in his own way.

Besides, if there's anything we've learned from the series, it's that there is no good and evil, right? Just many, many shades of gray. 'Evil' is a silly concept.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #2073 on: May 01, 2011, 07:05:33 PM »
So... I was in Barnes & Noble and I saw this:

[spoiler]

One December night, 14-year-old Alex goes to  bed. He wakes up to  find himself in the wrong bedroom, in an unfamiliar house, in a different part of the country, and it's the middle of June. Six months have disappeared overnight. The family at the breakfast table are total strangers.
And when he looks in the mirror, another boy's face stares back at him.  A boy named Flip. Unless Alex finds out what's happened and how to get back to his own life,  he may be trapped forever inside a body that belongs to someone else. 
Questions of identity, the will to survive, and what you're willing to sacrifice to be alive make this extraordinary book impossible to put down.[/spoiler]

Sounds oddly familiar. :P

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2074 on: May 01, 2011, 07:15:14 PM »
Sounds like Fiona. Maybe if you read that book, you'll get some new ideas for your character.

I think there was also a TV show I saw a few times where this guy kept passing into new bodies and helping people. I don't remember the series name, though, but there was another guy there that knew more of what was going on, but only the body switcher could see him.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #2075 on: May 01, 2011, 08:38:34 PM »
Chad...are you thinking of Quantum Leap?
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2076 on: May 01, 2011, 08:41:21 PM »
I've never seen Quantum Leap. I just had this thought of Ossanlin getting corrupted by dark power and brutalizing Okaru or something until it wore off. If something was going to go wrong with Mar channeling power into Oss, that could be one of those things.

Edit: Oh, or were you talking about the TV show I mentioned? I don't know if that's the name, but I'll google it.

Edit again: Yes. That's it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 08:47:54 PM by Chad29 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2077 on: May 01, 2011, 10:33:41 PM »
......oh my god. This might actually be an excuse to rant about how Mar's powers work. XD I rarely get those!

Okay, so Mar's actual power (and the power of multiple other Highest of his type) is drawn from something he calls Oblivion. Call it the glue that holds the universe together, or even a representation of the decay and entropy in the universe. What this means is that exposure to Mar's power is pretty freaking dangerous in general: it can damage the quality of the matter using/being affected by it. Or just warp the heck out of it.

So in a normal person this is gradual, ending in either the person's use of the ability in moderation/control over their emotions or the person's...collapse. But Ossanlin has already had interference coming from a totally different god. The sudden influx of the opposite type of matter running through him could...uhm...rip apart his body. XP

On a totally off-topic point...they finally got Bin Laden. o__O; Is there a place on RAF to post that??
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 10:48:57 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #2078 on: May 01, 2011, 10:50:04 PM »
It's getting posted all over the place. XD

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2079 on: May 01, 2011, 10:52:06 PM »
Quote from: Shenmue654 link=topic=6830.msg611251#msg611251 date= The sudden influx of the opposite type of matter running through him could...uhm...rip apart his body. XP
[/quote

Just FYI. XD

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 10:53:58 PM by RAFrukh(Caleb) »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2080 on: May 01, 2011, 10:52:15 PM »
This is the first I've read of it.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2081 on: May 02, 2011, 09:11:43 AM »
I figure the bit about Mar is magic logic, if there is such a thing. The two types of matter connecting in real life apparently cause explosions. :P I mean unless you guys really want Psycho Ossanlin, but I'd have to ask him about that. :P

...and in most cases where a being like the Devil corrupts someone, it draws off existing flaws. It'd be gradual. I mean unless Mar is really a dick to Ossanlin, which could conceivably happen considering how bad Mar wants him.  But again, too many character arcs in Ossanlin's court going on for that. >:D

And ding dong, the jihadist is dead?! XD

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #2082 on: May 02, 2011, 12:23:20 PM »
First off. Lol perfect way of having Ossanlin keep up. He is supposed to be moving fast enough to not be seen, but his energy stream still can. But even that isnt enough to quite find him. Dun dun dun

Second. Just tossing this out there. Okaru is moving near the full speed he is capable of right now. So around 30,000 feet per second is his maximum in level one, meaning he is moving around 10,000 fps. How could someone be able to tell Ossanlin exactly how far behind him his gaze is? Lol when I want people to see Okaru i type where he lands. Before that, Ossanlin's idea should be the only one that works even slightly. Just tossing that out there
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2083 on: May 02, 2011, 02:07:20 PM »
Theta is a cyborg. His inclination is to rely on the mathematical algorithms the Alvie perfected in their millennia of ruling their quadrant of the galaxy. He has 4 eyes, obviously, and passive sensors, and interphasic scanner. Put these together with his mechanical nature, he can predict your position with about oh...0.000003 margin for error.

You cant have your charies be completely invisible/invincible to everyone. I'm just one character. And Theta will not move unless claxter does. Dont worry about him.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #2084 on: May 02, 2011, 06:28:15 PM »
How could even a robot move his eyes faster than its supposed to be possible to move is my only issue lol. He literally moves fast enough to melt the flesh from his bones but he was trained from an easier speed. Im just like super computers would have had difficulty pinpointing him yet u could see him the entire time
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]