Author Topic: Animorphs Relaunch covers and updates  (Read 71546 times)

Offline SuperBlue

• God
Re: Animorphs Relaunch covers and updates
« Reply #300 on: March 18, 2011, 04:33:47 PM »
Oh yeah, I just noticed that...I'm starting to dislike this new site more and more now :P First they make Cassie more attractive then her, then they change her nickname in exchange for one she's only been called by ONCE
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
« Reply #301 on: March 18, 2011, 04:40:44 PM »
You're right! Marco, being somewhat hispanic (on his mom's side), has long hair for the first nine books, and then he cuts it! That ought to be changed, but I guess they didn't want to make Marco's new model kid grow out his hair just for a couple of photos that would last them for the first nine books. (Cover of #6 and Megamorphs #1, plus promotional stuff)

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #302 on: March 18, 2011, 04:42:35 PM »
His hair is a like a mini-fro now. I guess he could cut that

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #303 on: March 18, 2011, 05:04:05 PM »
The new Tobias model sorta has blond-ish hair, but it's still predominantly brown. Guess they're going with the "dirty blond" idea that Tobias mentioned at the behest of a "dumb blond" joke directed at Rachel.

agreed. tobias's hair looks slightly red-ish to me, which is completely wrong.

Marco doesn't look hispanic enough, and Cassie doesn't look enough like a farm/barn worker.

seriously, cassie looks more hispanic than this marco ::)

His hair is a like a mini-fro now. I guess he could cut that

doubt it. :-\

Holy wow. I just saw this change and it hurts me inside. Look at Rachel's character profile.

[spoiler]

She is no longer 'Xena:Warrior Princess'. Instead?

Nicknames: Storm (from X-Men) or Ms. Fashion

[/spoiler]

i just died a little.

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
« Reply #304 on: March 18, 2011, 06:09:26 PM »
I got both of the first books in the mail today, but the lenticular paste-on of The Visitor was crooked! Does this make it more valuable?

My guess is that the machine putting it on slipped and made it crooked by mistake. I can only hope this because it's a super-early copy.

Offline FotoPhreak12

« Reply #305 on: March 18, 2011, 06:20:00 PM »
About the update on Rachel's profile:

[spoiler]So in regards to her new nickname supposedly being "Storm,"  I don't feel like that's a good fit. Chances are someone like Marco should know that Storm is more of a leader-type character, nowhere near as direct as Xena. Heck, JAKE makes a better Storm than Rachel.

It seems that they had no idea what to change Rachel's new nickname to so they just went with what was easiest...being the nickname that was already mentioned.

Personally I feel that Rachel is more of an X-23 than Storm personality-wise, but not everyone reads X-Men comics and they have to choose a mainstream character.

I guess if they DO make Rachel's new nickname Storm, then they will mention Hallie Berry instead of Lucy Lawless at the Planet Hollywood concert. [/spoiler]

And yea, Marco looks nowhere near Hispanic. I have cousins that are half Hispanic (I happen to be 100% Hispanic) and they look more ethnic than him!  I do like the Cassie model, they just better have her wear overalls at one point!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #306 on: March 18, 2011, 06:51:06 PM »
You're right! Marco, being somewhat hispanic (on his mom's side), has long hair for the first nine books, and then he cuts it! That ought to be changed, but I guess they didn't want to make Marco's new model kid grow out his hair just for a couple of photos that would last them for the first nine books. (Cover of #6 and Megamorphs #1, plus promotional stuff)

Photoshop? :P Not that hard. I think it's just Scholastic not caring/paying attention. Or us being uber nitpicky.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #307 on: March 18, 2011, 07:25:30 PM »
     Maybe I'm so easy to please...But the new website=AWESOME!
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline 11:11

• I always catch the clock, it's 11:11...
« Reply #308 on: March 18, 2011, 11:43:05 PM »
I got both of the first books in the mail today, but the lenticular paste-on of The Visitor was crooked! Does this make it more valuable?

My guess is that the machine putting it on slipped and made it crooked by mistake. I can only hope this because it's a super-early copy.

The lenticular parts on both my books were crooked. It annoyed me :/
And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
« Reply #309 on: March 19, 2011, 12:09:41 AM »
The lenticular parts on both my books were crooked. It annoyed me :/

Oh good, then I'm not alone. I sure hope this doesn't happen a whole bunch. They'll probably start weeding out these bad ones in the "factory" when Quality Control gets its act in gear.

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #310 on: March 19, 2011, 08:04:56 AM »
I'm gonna go with everyone just being uber-picky. Seriously, who cares about the tiny details? So Cassie has long hair? Big whoop. She's more attractive then previous models of her? GOOD. I hated all of her earlier models. Rachel's nickname changed? It HAS to. No kids today knwo who Xena is, or anything about her. It doesn't change the story, or the character one iota so I don't see what the big damn deal is.

Can't people just sit back and enjoy the ride instead of nit picking everything to death and being so negative about every tiny little detail that isn't the exact same?

P.S. And about those saying Storm isn't leader-type - You obviously aren't familiar with X-Men outside of the movies. In many of the comics, Storm is second/third in command right behind Cyclops and Jean Grey (Who are normally tied on the leadership totem) and quite OFTEN in the comics, IS in charge because of those two either not being around for the arc, or off handling something else important to the story. Also, she does end up the leader by the end of the movie series as well.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 08:09:30 AM by Slushie Man »

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #311 on: March 19, 2011, 09:28:02 AM »
I think they're saying that the problem is that Storm IS a leader type, while Rachel isn't.

Also, can anyone remember the first time she's reffered to as Xena? It could be that they're just waiting until the refference comes up.

And really... Xena wasn't super popular when the series first came out, either, and I got the refference. I think it's fair to say that most people would have at least HEARD about it, and if not, the title "Warrior Princess" is descriptive enough to figure it out.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #312 on: March 19, 2011, 09:32:48 AM »
Can't people just sit back and enjoy the ride instead of nit picking everything to death and being so negative about every tiny little detail that isn't the exact same?

But it's more fun to be obsessive nit pickers! I've been looking forward to reading them side by side and finding all the changes since like, forever. You can't take that away from me. :P

But you're right, it doesn't change the actual story. I'm sure some of the changes will actually clear up discrepancies and confusion (KASU's?); some changes, however, are harder to swallow because they feel like part of the essence of the series, even if they are not plot related. Rachel being Xena happens to be one of those things, in my mind. It won't change the story at all, but it still changes how it feels. >_>

It totally makes sense in my mind. Shut up.

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #313 on: March 19, 2011, 10:12:31 AM »
I'm gonna go with everyone just being uber-picky. Seriously, who cares about the tiny details? So Cassie has long hair? Big whoop. She's more attractive then previous models of her? GOOD. I hated all of her earlier models.

Model(singular) she was the only Animorph to have the same model through the entire series. And I agree. I find nothing wrong with this Cassie model

Rachel's nickname changed? It HAS to. No kids today knwo who Xena is, or anything about her. It doesn't change the story, or the character one iota so I don't see what the big damn deal is.
Xena was never all that popular. It's just that that name has always been Rachel's trademark nickname. It would be like turning Batman's nickname into "The Dark Guy" or Ax calling Jake "Mr. Jake" or just plain ole Jake, instead of "Prince Jake". Or Ax's nickname being "Ax-dude"(those last two would actually make me vomit uncontrollably on whatever book they say that in) The nickname pretty much became an actual character, that character being Rachel's violent and reckless side

There are an equal amount of pros and cons to nitpicking. Yes it does make the people who do it seem like hard-to-please brats at times but it also shows that they truly care about the quality of whatever it is they're complaining about.

P.S. And about those saying Storm isn't leader-type - You obviously aren't familiar with X-Men outside of the movies. In many of the comics, Storm is second/third in command right behind Cyclops and Jean Grey (Who are normally tied on the leadership totem) and quite OFTEN in the comics, IS in charge because of those two either not being around for the arc, or off handling something else important to the story. Also, she does end up the leader by the end of the movie series as well.

But...that person's argument was about how Storm IS more of a leader type..so where were you going with this?

Glaflafock

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #314 on: March 19, 2011, 12:28:22 PM »
Hahahaha.

I totally want Ax to call Jake Mr. Jake instead of Prince Jake.

And for the record, I had no idea who Xena was when I read the books and to this date have never seen a single episode of that show. I still understood the reference. :P