Author Topic: Give the Animorphs last names!  (Read 10832 times)

Offline EscafilDevice

Re: Give the Animorphs last names!
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2008, 08:59:36 PM »
I don't think it was really ignorant. I mean, you rarely find a French Peter, since most French parents would go with the "Pierre" equivilant.

I don't think Escafil was saying that it was concrete that Peter=/=Hispanic, just that it was unlikely, because it's not a Spanish name. Just like it's unlikely that he'd be French for the same reason.

Exactly what you said.

I think it's childish to label me as being prejudiced for saying something that wasn't even racist and that no smart person would interpret as being racist. Get over yourself.

And to whoever asked, there wouldn't really be a Chinese equivalent to Peter because Peter is a biblical name and Christianity didn't come to China until around 200 years ago. But that's really nitpicky and some stupid person will call me a racist...

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2008, 09:01:25 PM »
Now I never said you were racist now did I? Getting defensive eh?

You should have just said it was unlikely than there wouldn't be this problem
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2008, 10:45:12 AM »
Oh grow up and get over it you guys ::)
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2008, 09:42:35 PM »
Oh grow up and get over it you guys ::)

Exactly.

Some people need to get lives.

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2008, 09:44:35 PM »
You too :P
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Blake (xtrunkzx)

• Holy Frell...
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2008, 04:39:47 PM »
Jake Berenson
Rachel Berenson
Tobias Fangor
Cassie Williams
Marco Hernandez

That's the way I always thought of them.

Wasn't it confirmed that Rachel n Jake r both Berenson towards the end of the series?

N same w Tobias. I always assumed that his last name was Fangor. Unless he did take Loren's maiden name. was it ever mentioned what that was? N I dont remember him having a step-dad.

W Cassie n Marco, IDK. I never really assumed anything for them...
Formally possibly known as Ty[ler]
I am active on tumblr and always can use more people to follow that post KA stuff.

Not an active member but pops in whenever possible or whenever remembered which is almost never...

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2008, 09:11:59 PM »
I always seem to be late with these kinds of threads..

I assumed Tobias was Tobias Fangor *shrugs* even if it's not, I'll always think Fangor.
and I always thought Jake and Rachel would have the same last name.

It's funny how you all think of Hispanic sounding names for Marco, it matches, but then again he'd have his dad's last name.. I can't think of one. same with Cassie.
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
Last names
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2010, 01:53:43 PM »
So, I don't know if this has been done before, but I want everyone to try to guess the Animorphs' last names. Guess along if you can.

Now, we KNOW Jake's last name is Berenson, so now the question is does Rachel have the same last name? This was discussed in another thread, I forget which one, but it said something about how Rachel's father might have been Jake's mother's sister... was that it? Could someone please find that thread?

Now, onto Cassie. She said she had "kind of a nice" last name in #9. The Secret, so that leaves much to the imagination. Personally, I like the last names of Augustine Quill, Verenda, for Cassie, and McCabe for Marco. Why? Think about it. McCabe is the sort of name Marco would LOVE, because it rhymes with McBABE, and he could have tried to use a name starting with Mc in #5. The Predator as a means of disinformation – putting part of the name in plain sight. And Verenda is a nice name. Has a nice ring to it. Anyone else have any more thoughts?

Tobias? Contrary to others' belief, I do NOT believe Tobias's last name is Fangor, because it would have changed when she got married because she never met Elfangor. I think Tobias's last name might be something more normal, like Peterson or William. Tobias William, has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Then again, it could be ANYTHING.

Any opinions?

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Last names
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2010, 02:06:11 PM »
I like to think Tobias' name is Fangor just because I know what his original father really was, and that's what his name would have been if Elfangor had stayed on Earth. I hear that rachel and Jake are raleted by their fathers, so I'm certain her last name is the same as his. Marco and Cassie is anyone's guess.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Semeir-Cooraf-Armaheen

• <No fear.>
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2010, 03:40:48 PM »
Isn't Marco a Hispanic/Latino/Mexican/Spanish type of kid? I always thought his last name might be something like Alvarez, Calderon, Rodriquez or Santana.

Cassie might have a last name as common as Cassie Brown, or she might have an African surname like Maina or Asaria.

Tobias' last name might be Fangor.

Rachel's last name is probably Berenson like Jake.

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2010, 03:53:03 PM »

Don't forget: Marco's MOTHER would have had the Hispanic name, and her last name would have changed upon marrying Peter, Marco's father.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2010, 05:13:36 PM »
True. I think Marco is Hispanic on his mother's side, so his last name is likely causasion.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2010, 05:19:54 PM »

Well, when considering Rachel and Jake's families, there's three lines to take into account.

#21. The Threat
"Well, since Rachel's mom and dad got divorced, Ellen and George haven't felt like they were all that close to Rachel's mom."

Megamorphs #3. Elfangor's Secret
<No. Jews are a religion, or a race, I guess. My dad's Jewish. Mostly the Jews in the Holocaust were Germans and Poles. You know, civilians. Normal people. Others, too: Gypsies, gays, handicapped people. They were taken to camps and shot or starved or killed with poison gas. Children killed in their mothers' arms.>

#31. The Conspiracy
"No, I'm not really related," Rachel said. "Grandpa G was Jake's great-grandfather on his mother's side. We're related on his father's side."

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2010, 08:34:45 PM »
bump for merge.

Offline Semeir-Cooraf-Armaheen

• <No fear.>
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2010, 10:04:17 PM »
Oh.

Then maybe it's Marco Greenberg ;D