Author Topic: Do you skip the morphing paragraphs?  (Read 4125 times)

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
Re: Do you skip the morphing paragraphs?
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2010, 06:32:26 PM »
I never skip the morphing descriptions (I think they're quite cool, actually), but I do have to plead guilty to skimming (not skipping) the intros after I got about 10 books in.
What's this about "rebooting" the series, though? I haven't heard anything about that...
EDIT: OK, I found some discussion from mid/late '09, but nothing newer than that. Does somebody have some juicy new info?
RAFdating Horsefan1023 (Seal)! :D

Offline Zeus974

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2010, 05:28:56 PM »
hiracdelest.com << news on animorphs 2.0 and animorphs classic

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2010, 12:30:41 AM »
I never skip the morphing descriptions (I think they're quite cool, actually), but I do have to plead guilty to skimming (not skipping) the intros after I got about 10 books in.
What's this about "rebooting" the series, though? I haven't heard anything about that...
EDIT: OK, I found some discussion from mid/late '09, but nothing newer than that. Does somebody have some juicy new info?

as you heard, animorphs is being re-released with new covers. hirac dilest is a great source.

we're not quite sure about how a possible 2.0 would come in place. i think they might be testing the waters.
of course, i'm probably just getting my hopes up. >_<

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2010, 12:50:18 AM »
Quote from: Kit Cloudkitter
as you heard, animorphs is being re-released with new covers. hirac dilest is a great source.

we're not quite sure about how a possible 2.0 would come in place. i think they might be testing the waters.
of course, i'm probably just getting my hopes up. >_<
From the little I've heard, it sounds like that's exactly what they're doing.
Hopefully they rewrite #54, or at least bring Rachel back as some fanfic has done (there seems to be two main ways to do this: use the Time Matrix, or hope that the Ellimist or Crayak decides to do something useful for once). I'm probably just getting my hopes up too; even if they reboot the series (likely, IMHO), they'd probably just start where #54 left off and run with it.
RAFdating Horsefan1023 (Seal)! :D

Offline SpyroForLife

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2010, 02:20:22 PM »
If it's a common morph like seagull or tiger, I usually skip it out of boredom. Just like I skip the beginning 'my name is' paragraphs. But if it's a new morph, I like to read them. :D
Dude. I'm SpyroForLife. Check me out at spyroforlife.devian tart.com. Beware: MANY DRAGONS!! D:

Offline gocorygogo

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2010, 11:24:29 AM »
I don't skip mainly because the books are too short already. ;)

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2010, 03:04:35 PM »
I don't because the morphing often isn't the same.
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2010, 10:42:10 AM »
I only skipped if it was a re read. However on the first time i read every single detail. I know its the same morph sometimes but its supposed to be unpredictable. that means the description will be different. So i tend to read them. Some just make teh story more interesting. teh one where teh bone fingers come out before they turn ito wings was just awesome.

===============================================

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2010, 10:02:46 PM »
And they were awesome. For a while. But later in the series there was never anything different that happened during the morphing.

"And then a feather pattern appeared on my arms and face, and then I got itchy as it turned into real feathers. And then my face pushed out into a beak like a thousand screaming zombies pushing up out of the ground. Also, at some point I grew wings and my eyesight got better. It was like I could see the tapeworm in Mr. Chapman's stomach from across town, only not really. Finally, I felt the cold, calculating mind of a predator, ready to hunt some mice, only instead of mice, I was going to use it to hunt evil brain-stealing aliens. Did I mention that morphing is always different and disgusting? I threw up."

After a while they went from being unpredictable and disturbing to just being the same filler that could be used every book.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story