Author Topic: GESB: Operation Time-Cops  (Read 26951 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: GESB: Operation Time-Cops
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 07:05:05 PM »
Hadrin steps into the room and bows his head slightly.  He looks up.  "Sub-visser, I've discovered an interesting piece of intelligence. An Andalite Escafil device has been retrieved by a human in the southwestern United States.  The human has been attempting to sell the device in a town that is known as a human tourist attraction devoted to extraterrestrials.  Roswell, New Mexico."  He smiles blandly at the idea.  "As your lieutenant I thought I should bring this information to you, first."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 07:17:08 PM »
(Well, I won't make him run screaming from the room. Just that he thinks it's about a park. Parks are pleasant, and the movie actually starts pleasantly. Then you get to the part where the T-Rex comes out.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2010, 07:43:19 PM »
(("You have a T-Rex?" "We have a T-Rex."))

Zorish's expression flickers as Hadrin delivers his report. For a moment a look of eager greed flashes across his face before it is replaced with suspicion and disbelief.

"You have not told Visser Three?" Zorish asks, then; "computer, close door." The door closes behind Hadrin with a gentle whoosh.

"I would prefer to speak in private," Zorish explains, moving forward to close the gap. His female host is shorter than Hadrin, and he must look up to see him clearly, but their size difference does not seem to intimidate him. "How do I know that this is not a trick of some sort, lieutenant?"
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 07:45:00 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Alic

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2010, 07:54:31 PM »
(Sorry. Been slackin I know. Post on break. Pinky promise.)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2010, 08:02:42 PM »
(Don't break our hearts Patty. :()

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2010, 08:04:09 PM »
Hadrin glances at the floor briefly, then meets Zorish's gaze again.  

"Forgive me, sir, but I felt it would be more prudent to take this information directly to you.  I am, after all, your direct report.  Visser Three will surely find out about it from you, if you deem it necessary."  He straightens his posture, and adds with quiet confidence, "I am loyal to my superiors, sir.  If you prefer I can show you the report I received.  I indirectly accessed the human website known as eBay, and I ensured that I had made the winning bid."  He brings out his holocube and accesses the saved data, showing the website and the corresponding data to Zorish.  "I have run a thorough check on this human, 'zoso_spock45'.  His true name is Gerald Kosmowski, age 19, from Roswell, New Mexico.  He isn't in any Imperial records, sir, as you can see."

<Whatever you do, don't start sweating.>

<You're the one who would be sweating,> Hadrin snaps irritably.

<Yeah, because of you!>

---

"Ah," says Myitt, blatantly going ahead and taking off the underpanel to the controls, hooking and unhooking a few harmless-looking wires.  She sets the DVD player on the floor and hooks a couple of rigged RadioShack AV cables into the stripped wiring of a couple of optic wires.  "There we are."  She pops the DVD into the player and stands up, looking at the mostly control-free control panel, nonplussed.

"Um," she says meekly, "can you tell it to turn on the holoscreens?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2010, 08:11:10 PM »
<Activate holoscreen and play movie.> Claxter said. <What is the movie about, anyway?>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2010, 08:18:40 PM »
"It's a fictional adventure story in which human scientists recreate extinct reptilian Earth creatures called dinosaurs," Myitt says pedantically.

<Only the best movie of all time,> Tara adds silently.

"Tara would like me to tell you that she believes it's the greatest human movie of all time," the Yeerk adds flatly.  "Personally, I've seen better."

<Come on.  Better with dinosaurs?>

"Perhaps there's nothing better with dinosaurs," Myitt continues, sounding increasingly annoyed.  The beginning of the movie is relatively dull, just a few human soldiers and some sort of hungry dinosaur in a box.  A few scenes in which ancient Earth animal fossils are unearthed.

Myitt sits down on the floor, cross-legged.  "Now all we need is some popcorn," she says, holding onto her host's gurgling stomach.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2010, 08:30:07 PM »
"No, you were right to come to me," Zorish says quickly. He inspects the holoscreen with a critical eye, looking for any obvious flaws or errors. He does not see anything immediately suspicious and straightens up.

"This is valuable information, indeed," Zorish runs a hand through his hosts short cropped hair. He peers at Hadrin closely, inspecting him even more meticulously than the holoscreen, as though he can see the lieutenants intentions merely by looking at him.

<If you are the Yeerk who presents the Escafil Device to the Council, you'll be a full Visser,> Tamora says, speaking for the first time since Hadrin's entrance.

<Do you think I do not know that?> Zorish responds irritably, <but Visser Three will surely want to control a device so powerful. He would want full control over the distribution of the morphing power.>

<So take the power before you deliver the device,> Tamora suggests.

<I would need an Andalite,> Zorish reminds her, <there are limited options.>

Tamora falls silent, absorbing the meaning of his statement. While she processes the information, Zorish fixes Hadrin with a small, cold smile.

"It would appear that you have stumbled upon quite the discovery," he says, "this could benefit the entire Empire. In fact, this could mean a promotion for both of us. Would you be able to take me to Roswell and this...Gerald Kosmowski? I do believe your assistance would be helpful."

<Well?> Zorish asks Tamora, <shall I contact your dear sister?>

<You already know what I think,> Tamora responds, <do what you have to, I don't care. And why are you bringing this guy along? He might be setting you up.>

<That is precisely why I want to keep him close,> Zorish says, <if your idiot sibling decides to behave rashly, as we both know she will, he is there to help restrain her. If something should go wrong, he is disposable.>

<You're going to kill him?> Tamora winces mentally at the thought.

<If it becomes necessary,> Zorish says, smiling at Hadrin as he awaits a response, <he is expendable.>

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2010, 08:38:10 PM »
"Of course, Sub-visser," says Hadrin calmly.  "I live to serve you and the Empire.  The meeting time is set for 10 AM, Earth Mountain Standard Time, tomorrow morning.  We can certainly make it there in good time, if we leave soon."  He watches Zorish fall into an unnerving, grinning silence, and Hadrin swallows, trying to push back his anxiety. 

<Myitt, I hope your man Matthew holds up his end of this little bargain,> Hadrin thinks aloud.

<Well, hey, so do I!  You think I trust this psycho any more than you do?>

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2010, 09:17:07 PM »
(I don't want to get too far ahead with Sukohn, but I do really want to continue with his story, so I'm going to post for him again.)

Sukohn and Cody reached Chapman's and knocked on the door.

"Ok, you'll be doing the talking because Iniss will recognize you. Just don't tell him why we want the adresses. I wrote the Human names on another paper and ommited the Andalite one, so you just have to get at least one address. I'll be standing to the side out of the way."

"Okay, I got it. I won't screw it up."

They heard someone approaching the door to answer it.

Ani-Master 2014!

Alic

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2010, 01:11:25 AM »
Alic smiled and set her belongings aside. <Passtimes? None that I could do here. But watching a movie would be great. This is a classic.> Yeah. Popcorn sounded good. Maybe after they take care of the issues on Earth they could take a day off to... Just relax.
Alic morphed to human and grabbed her bottle of Jager. "I hate long trips. Movie and a drink." She took a swig and held it out. "Anyone want some?"

((Didn't get a break... Sorry so late))

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2010, 01:34:06 PM »
Myitt...or is it her host?...recoils in revulsion.  "No, thank you," Tara says pointedly. "Licorice sucks, man."

She pulls her backpack over and digs through it, taking out a box of chocolate granola bars. 

"It ain't popcorn, but it's not bad," says Tara, unwrapping a bar and munching on it.  "Help yourselves."

John Williams' score flourishes bombastically as the movie characters arrive on the island filled with dinosaurs.

<It really doesn't take much to make you happy.>

<Lucky you,> Tara says, stuffing the granola wrapper into the backpack.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 04:25:09 PM »
"Tomorrow?" Zorish snaps, nostrils flaring slightly as he realizes that such an early schedule will not allow him much time to plan. He forces his body to relax somewhat, "I suppose we should move quickly, before anyone else sees that such a valuable item has been placed in human hands. I wonder how it got there..." he shrugs, "No matter. We will leave this evening, but we must make a rendezvous first. If the Visser confronts you for any reason defer him to me and I will take care of it."

He pauses, then glares, "Well, what are you waiting for? Go away."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 04:50:01 PM »
"Yes, Sub-visser," Hadrin says obediently, muttering the opening command to the door and hurrying out.

He heads down the busy hallway and exhales deeply. 

<This is insane,> he says miserably.

<I think we're all a little crazy, going up against these jerks.  Don't you?>

<More than crazy.  Perhaps suicidal is the proper term.>

<I'm so glad you're keeping optimistic,> Justin sneers.

The pair of undercover rebels head toward their quarters to pack a few supplies and move on to the docking bay, but not before pausing to send a message to Myitt's personal comm link.

---

Tara has begun working on her second granola bar, watching as the Brachiosaurus rears up to grab some leafy greens, when Myitt's comm link goes off.

BEE-BEEP! 

Myitt assumes control and pats at her jacket, fishing out the link while keeping her gaze mostly fixed on the movie on the holoscreen.  She hesitantly glances down at the link screen.

"Message communicated," reads Hadrin's message.  "ETA 10AM MST, 88201 NM. CR-51."

Myitt reads it again, then nods.  "Looks like Hadrin managed to convince Zorish to take a little road trip," she says to everyone.  "Hook, line and sinker.  Now we'll just have to hope Matthew and Terenia show up, as well."  She sends Matthew a brief message confirming their plans.  They would have to deliver the trick Escafil to him early that morning, but so far the Apix Mirage was making good time.

---

BEE-BEEP!

Matthew Mulcahey, the real 'Gerald Kosmowski', wakes with a start, pulling on his glasses and reaching into his sock drawer.  The little blackish-green cube is glowing a pulsing, dirty lime color, indicating an incoming communication.  Even though he knows Myitt and her band fairly well, it's hard for him to forget that he's communicating with aliens, using alien technology.  Breathlessly he reads the translated message, and puts the Yeerkish computer back into its hiding place. 

Matthew stares up at the ceiling, even while the birds start chirping outside.  Terrified of oversleeping, and even more afraid that he might not live to see another sunrise.