Author Topic: [Fic/Crossover] The New  (Read 10252 times)

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
Re: [Fic/Crossover] The New
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2008, 11:54:30 PM »
Chapter Thirteen
The Sharing

KEN'S POV:

The next day, I met up with the others at Issam's house as his house was close to the community centre where the Sharing meeting would be held. I started to hear everyone's thoughts again.
"Oh mannn" I muttered.

"What's up with you?" Anna asked me.

I tried not to think about everyone elses thoughts, but it just wasn't working.

<First time I changed my underwear for the week> Rachel thought.

<I wonder if Ken knows that I like him> Anna wondered.

<Did I leave the oven on?> Jen thought.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I yelled.  Everyone looked at me, surprised at my outburst. "Sorry, Mind reading went crazy."

"Alright guys. Time to morph bird. We are three blocks away from the community centre, and flies can't fly that far without getting lost." Mike said.

"Wait, I have an idea!" Claire said.

"Yea?" Rachel said.

"How about one of us morphs bird, and the others morph to fly and catch a ride." Claire suggested.

"Sounds good." I shrugged.

CLAIRE'S POV:

"Alrighty. I volunteer to be the bird. I'll demorph behind a dumpster there, and meet up with you guys later." I said.

Everyone morphed to fly, as I morphed to seagull. <Everyone ready?> I asked.

<Yea> Everyone chorused.

I flapped my wings and flew out a window, the others all on my back somewhere.

<We're here> I said, landing out the front of The Sharing a few minutes later. <The doors open, quick, get in there!>

I flew off to a side alleyway near by, demorphed and then remorphed to fly.

MIKE'S POV:

<Okay guys, I think the private Sharing meeting is through those doors. There's a security guard, they wouldn't have him standing there for nothing> I said.

We were right on time, the meeting was just starting, there were kids and adults floating around the room, but only a select few went through the double doors.

I cringed (well, not literally, I was a fly) when I saw Ken's brother CJ join the private meeting. There was no sign of Claire's Dad.

<Hey guys> Claire said as she flew up to us. <You are there, right, I'm not talking to myself am I?>

<It's us> Jen answered.

I focused in on the meeting. "....the day has arrived. It is time to strike the decisive blow in the invasion of Earth"

<Oh geez> Tim muttered. <Think they have enough ego?>

<Man I can barely see what's going on> Issam said.

<Me either> I tried to focus my eyes on the speaker, but it was hard to see at such a distance. All I could tell was that several men had arrived, and were marching through the room.

<I'm flying a bit closer, I'll be careful> Claire said, flying away, at least I was sure it was her flying anyway.

"My brothers-in-arms!" A loud, booming voice said. "I present to you, our leader. Visser Three."

TYLER'S POV:

<What? He has a human morph?> I asked.

<Looks like it> Claire said, since she was closest.

"I see that some of you are surprised. Surely you know I can morph a human, as well as any other body." A new voice said. I was surprised to hear such a young-sounding voice.

<Well this just sucks, he has a human morph!> Mike said.

<If only we could see him better> Jen murmured.

<I have an alright view of the guy> Claire said. <He's probably high school age, but he looks a bit older. He has short brown hair, and brown eyes>

<Could be anyone> Tim said.

"This mission has two parts. The first part is that we have discovered that select human hosts have super-human abilities, including the host body I am in now." Visser Three said. "The Sharing is a great place for us to get hosts, but this way some select Yeerks will have the chance of having a 'super human' host."

<Oh no!> Anna said.

<This is big news. They know about people like us?> Mike added.

<Hey! I realised where I know the Visser's voice from! A guy from school.. Russell! And Claire's description matches him too.>

<Seriously?> Issam asked.

"The second part is that there are a few facilities, that run under the facade of "Primatech Paper". These people are dedicated to finding these 'super humans'. The most important facility is the one run in Texas, but we've managed to relocate some staff here in this state. All staff shall be infested, and then we will begin our quest on finding these people with abilities."

I moved away from the wall I had landed on earlier and went to join Claire.
<It IS Russell> I said, peering at Visser Three curiously.

RACHEL'S POV:

<Ken, can you find out the location of the Yeerk Pool?" Jen asked.

<It's not working, my power isn't working!>

<We don't have much time left, it's time to go.> Issam said.

We all flew out of there soon after that, we had heard all of the meeting, everyone was starting to leave anyway.
We met up on the roof and began to demorph.

"So Ken, why didn't your power work?" I asked him.

"I have no idea." He replied.

"We need to find out where that facility is. And we need to be extra careful with our abilities, especially me and Ken" Claire said.

"Yea." Ken nodded. "I'll try my power now." He closed his eyes, concentrating. "Okay. I have the address. I have the address for the Texas one too."

"That's where the cheerleader is." Mike said, grinning at the expressions we all made. "Well it is."

"Okay, well we are too early to go save the cheerleader" I said, trying to keep a straight face.

"What next?" Estelore asked.

"We go back to the Gardens, get Nehal his battle morph." Mike said. "I'll go with him to get the morph."

"Okay, and after that, we should find more info about this company." Tim said.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 04:24:29 AM by SuperClaire »
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2008, 10:10:00 PM »
[I know it's been a while guys, but you can forgive me right :P Three days on a train, I couldn't post then, and the other days I was getting settled in. So heres a post, yays!]

Chapter Fourteen.
The Yeerk Pool

JEN’S POV:

We broke up the meeting, Mike and Nehal flying off to the Gardens to get his battle morph.

Ken told us he also heard the Yeerks talking about a re-infestation happening tonight at the school. A bunch of people, controllers, were going to the Yeerk Pool to get Kandrona Rays, since Yeerks needed Kandrona Rays every 3 days to live.

So there was a chance we’d be able to do some good, and stop this from happening.

We met up later on at Ken’s house. He lived the closest to the school, just a few blocks away.

“What morph are we gonna use?” I asked the others. “Fly again?”

“I don’t want to go fly again.” Anna said. She pointed at the ground. “How about a spider!”

“You’re going to morph a spider? What, a fly freaks you out but a spider doesn’t?” Tyler asked.

“Well we can’t always be flies all the time, we should all get other bug morphs too.”  Anna said, reaching down and acquiring the spider.

CLAIRE’S POV:

We morphed to bird, flying over to the school as fast as we could. We hid close to the door, in a bunch of bushes. From there we morphed to fly, Anna complained at first but morphed fly too.

There was a line of people walking into the school and down the hallway towards a janitors closet – The entrance to the Yeerk Pool.

I was a bit scared of what was down there, and what it would be like. But I knew we had to do this.
We flew down to the closet, and down a long bunch of stairs.

And then we heard the screams. I swear, I will never forget the sound. Fly’s eyes were fairly terrible, and I couldn’t see very far ahead of me, but I could see people in cages, screaming, yelling, crying. There were some Taxxons and Hork-Bajir scattered around the place too.

<Holy crap> I muttered.
<Let’s find a place to demorph, I can’t see a thing> Mike said.

Through a series of tunnels nearby, we found a small area that was covered by surrounding rock. We’d be safe there, but not for long.

ISSAM’S POV:

We demorphed back to our human selves, the noise was terrible.

“I really wish I was deaf right about now.” I said.

“Can’t argue with that.” Tim agreed.

“We have to save those people. Far out, I would hate, I would hate for that to be me over there.” Anna said, shaking her head slowly.

I saw Claire and Ken looking at each other. I knew what they were thinking, they were thinking of Claire’s father and Ken’s brother, hoping they could save them.

“I wonder if..” Ken started to say, but fell silent.

“What is it Ken?” Anna asked.

“It’s okay. I used my power, he’s not here.” Ken said.

“Alright guys, what do we do?” Nehal asked.

“Use our battle morphs?” Estelore suggested. “And kick some Yeerk butt?”

Everyone laughed quietly and nervously.

“Let’s do this then.” Claire said.

I morphed into a gorilla. Black fur started to grow on my skin. I looked at the others as they morphed to a bunch of different fierce animals.
Horns sprouted out of Tyler’s head, and I thought about how fitting that was.
I would have laughed but my face was now fully gorilla.

<Well aren’t we a fierce bunch> I said.

TYLER’S POV:

<Let’s go!> I said, as I led the way towards the Yeerk Pool.

<If anyone sees my Dad, you have to tell me> Claire said.

“What the heck?” A controller yelled, running towards the Yeerk Pool and away from us.

<Stop him!> Mike said quickly.

I charged at him, tossing him over my head with my horns.  Suddenly someone started shooting some sort of laser beams.

<Ahhhhh!> I shouted, my leg felt like it was on fire!

<I’ll get him for you Tyler!> Jen said, she was right next to me, a Black Bear. <What’s going on!> She cried. <My powers!>

<I can’t use mine either!> Claire said.

<Same for me.> Mike muttered.

<Well this just sucks.> Anna said.

In the time it took for us to have that small conversation, 7 Hork-Bajir came around the corner, with a few taxxons behind him.

I charged at the Hork-Bajir, knocking three of them down in a row.

<Well that was easy.> I said. One of the Hork-Bajir got up, and slashed me across my back <Arghh!> I shouted, and impaled the Hork-Bajr on my horns.
I looked around me, seeing a lion, a liger and a tiger fighting side by side, Claire, Mike and Ken.

I saw a grizzly bear charging at some Taxxons, and a gorilla punch a Hork-Bajir in the face, knocking it to the floor too.
<Estelore!> I yelled. <Behind you!>

Estelore, as a polar bear, got slashed across her back, and growled loudly.
I rushed over to help her.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 04:25:20 AM by SuperClaire »

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2008, 12:20:54 AM »
Chapter fifteen.
Escape!

CLAIRE’S POV:

Through the corner of my eyes, I saw Estelore go down. I was about to go help her but I was a bit busy myself. Tyler went to her instead.
<Claire! Your Dad!> Jen yelled.

<What? Where?> I replied, turning to look for him when a Taxxon came out of nowhere. I lunged at it, easily defeating it.
I could see my Dad, he was in one of the cages with the other hosts. It was one of the saddest things I had ever seen.

<I’m the only one with hands, you guys keep up your distraction, I’ll try and free the hosts!> Issam shouted, walking fast towards the cages.

<Aaaaarrrrggghhh!> Anna screamed suddenly.

I lunged at the Hork-Bajir next to her, which had just slashed Anna’s back left leg right off.  Rachel appeared at my side, helping me to attack the Hork-Bajir that surrounded Anna.
Anna fell to the ground, unstable on only three legs.

<Anna!> Ken shouted, but he was distracted by a Hork-Bajir.

<Aaaaahh!> Issam yelled from his place near the cages. Visser Three was standing next to him, and had used his tail to sever three of Issam’s fingers.

Visser Three looked furious. <Andalites?> He wondered.

<Don’t say anything, we can’t let him no we’re not Andalites> Mike warned.

<We have to get out of here! Anna’s hurt bad and Tyler and Estelore are now in pretty bad shape> I said urgently. I wanted to help my Dad, but I knew we wouldn't get the chance today.

<We don’t have much time left either.> Tim added.

NEHAL’S POV:

<Alright let’s move it!> Jen said.

<Yea> I agreed. With my grizzly bear morph, I didn’t have very good vision, and could only see what was right in front of me.

Issam picked Anna up, putting her on Ken’s back, the easiest way to get her out of here.

We rushed towards the exit, I noticed it was a different exit to the one we had started with.

<Stop them!> Visser Three shouted angrily.

Tyler was at the front, clearing an exit through the Hork-Bajir and Taxxon controllers who dared to try and stop us. His bull morph was definitely coming in handy.

We made our way outside of the Yeerk Pool, and we seemed to be in a hardware store. We made a bit of a mess as we stampeded out of the store, Bill’s Hardware. The Hork-Bajir and Taxxons couldn’t follow us of course, but a few Bill’s Hardware staff were after us, as well as a couple people from the Yeerk Pool.

We quickly lost them as we ran into the woods nearby. We demorphed as we ran, stopping at a small clearing.
Anna was unconscious.

“Anna, wake up!” Ken shouted. “Demorph!”

Slowly but surely she began to demorph, all injuries gone.
Ken gave her a hug, they both looked really relieved.

“Let’s never, ever do that again.” Claire said, leaning against a tree.

“I agree.” I nodded.

TIM’S POV:

“We better get out of here. We’re close to the hardware place still, we gotta move.” I said urgently.

“Uh… guys?” Rachel said nervously.

“What is it?” Jen asked, as we all turned to look.

Standing in front of us was a small pack of wolves. Five of them, staring at us hungrily.

“Aw man” Issam muttered. “We fight Hork-Bajir, Taxxons, and Visser Three, and now a pack of wolves?”

We slowly backed away, but the wolves followed us.

“Okay we’re gonna have to do something!” Mike insisted. “We can’t hurt them, obviously, they’re just defending their territory.”

“I’ve got an idea, a crazy idea.” Issam said, grinning. “Get ready to acquire them” He used his telekinesis, making the wolves come right towards us. He grabbed the one in front, the Alpha male and acquired it.

We all acquired the wolves. “What now, they’ll just eat us now instead.” Tyler said.

“Nah they won’t.” Anna said. She made some ice appear in her hands, and she threw it in the direction of the wolves feet, making them frozen in place.

“You know I could have done that right?” Claire said. “Now they’ll be stuck there for longer, waiting to defrost.”

We all laughed as we morphed to birds and flew out of there.

<They’ll be fine> Anna said with a laugh.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 04:26:21 AM by SuperClaire »

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2008, 10:43:37 PM »
Chapter sixteen
Saving the Andalite

MIKE’S POV:

I woke up suddenly in the middle of the night. I was having a nightmare about the Yeerk Pool when it was interrupted by an Andalite, caught in a spaceship in the ocean. I reached for the phone but stopped myself. It was 3 am and I knew everyone would hate me for calling this late.

I finally fell back asleep, having more dreams about the Andalite calling me. At 6:30 am, I couldn’t take it anymore, I called the others. They all complained about being woken up at such an early time, but they agreed to meet me at my house.
About 20 minutes later, everyone had arrived.

“Why’d we have to get here so early?” Tim yawned.

“The Andalite! I had a dream last night, I know where he is!”

“The ocean, right?” Ken said. “I think I had the same dream.”

“What are you guys on about?” Jen asked.

“I had a dream, and in the dream, an Andalite was calling me, stranded in the ocean. A few miles west of the local beach.” I explained.

“Okay then, why did just you two have the dream?” Nehal asked.

“Well it does make sense, Mike with his precognition and Ken with his telepathy.” Claire shrugged.

“Yea, exactly.” I said. “We need to go to the Gardens. I have the perfect morph for us.”

We flew over to the Gardens soon after that. We waited until 8, when it opened.

“Hey Mike!” A woman walked by. “I didn’t know you were working today.”

“I’m not.” I replied. “I actually came out to see the dolphins. My friends think they’re really cool, so I thought I’d show them the real thing.”

“Well alright then. As you know, we have six dolphins here. Ross, Monica, Chandler, Phoebe, Rachel and Joey.” Eileen said. “You guys wanna feed them a little?”

“Sure.” I said.

Eileen left us with a big bucket of fish.

“Gross.” Rachel said.

We went over to the dolphins, and gradually we all had acquired one of them.

“Time to go save the Andalite.” Ken said.

KEN’S POV:

The beach was a bit crowded, so we went to the river instead. We morphed to dolphin and raced towards the ocean.

<This is a lot similar to being a dog> Tyler said.

<Yea, the same kind of HAPPINESS that comes with it> Claire agreed.

We were leaping around happily for a while, getting a bit lost in the minds of the dolphins.

<Okay guys, we’ve wasted enough time> Jen said seriously.

We managed to snap ourselves back to reality.

<I can hear him. We must be getting close> I told the others. I could just barely hear the Andalites thoughts. He sounded scared. I would be too if I was him.

<I see something!> Estelore almost shouted. She was far ahead of us in the water.

<How long have we been swimming guys?> Anna said nervously. <We wasted a lot of time playing around>

<We don’t have much more time. I think we can make it, its not far> Issam said.

<That’s… That’s awesome!> I said, finally seeing the spaceship on the ocean floor.

Everybody muttered their agreement.

The spaceship was round, and huge! I had seen glimpses in my dream, but nothing as cool as this.

There was a huge dome, clear glass or something. Inside the dome were trees and grass, it looked like a park.
The grass was more blue than green, but still close enough. Some trees were orange, blue and green and looked similar to many vegetables.

<I’m running out of air> Tim said.

<Here’s something> Mike swam up to the dome and pushed a red panel with his nose.. beak.. whatever you call it.

We all swam in to an outer door. There was a second red panel, leading towards the rest of the dome.

<Let’s morph> I said, realising the water was beginning to drain from the small room.

“We made it!” Tyler said once he was finished morphing.

“Yea. Time to press the button and go in?” Nehal considered.

“Okay. Do it.” Jen nodded.

Mike was the closest, so he pressed the button. The door slid open. I had a glimpse of.. something. A bright flash of light and suddenly I was unconscious.

ANNA’S POV:

I woke up, and glanced around my surroundings. The ocean was above me, I was staring straight up. I saw Rachel lying next to me on my right, still unconscious. Ken groaned and opened his eyes, he was to my left. I looked the other way.

“Aaahh!” I said, seeing an Andalite standing above me, pointing a gun at me. It was almost the same kind as the ones the Yeerks had in the Yeerk Pool.

<Don’t move. I stunned you to see what you are, but if you move I will destroy you>

“Whoa, hold up!” Ken said. “We’re here to help you. I heard you calling.”

The others began to wake up all around me.

“Whoa, that’s not Visser Three is it?” Tyler asked, as he woke up.

<Do not mention that name!> The Andalite said.

“Ookay, no worries.” Tyler replied slowly.

<You. You said you heard my call. How did you hear it? What are you?> He directed his question towards Ken.

“I’m a human. A person of Earth.” He answered. “I’m not sure why I heard it. I guess its because I’m telepathic. ”

<Explain>

“I heard your call too!” Mike said excitedly. “I have precognition.” He looked proud.

The Andalite looked somewhat confused. <I asked for an explanation>

“Oh, sorry.” Mike said.

“We have special abilities.” I explained. “We all can do extraordinary things that most other humans can’t.”

“That’s how I knew about you. Because of our powers, I knew we had to save an Andalite.”

<How do you know of Andalites? From what I have learned, your species does not travel the stars.>

“We knew an Andalite. We were with him.. when he was killed.” Rachel said sadly.

<Who was this Andalite?>

“His name was long, almost too long to remember. I know the first part was Prince Elfangor.” Issam told the Andalite.

He jerked as if he had been hit. <No one could kill him! He is the greatest warrior ever! Who? Who killed him?>

“The one you don’t want us to mention.” Claire replied.

He lowered his weapon, holding his head high. His tail sagged to the floor.
<He was my brother. Did he die well?>

“He died protecting us, fighting the Yeerks to the end.”

<So. Do you fight the Yeerks or serve them?>

“We fight them.” I said.

<With your “extraordinary abilities”?> The Andalite asked.

“Not only that.” Mike said. “Elfangor gave us the power to morph.”
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 04:27:41 AM by SuperClaire »

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2008, 04:06:27 AM »
[Special thanks to book 4, of course. I added titles to each chapter.. Coz I felt like it, got the idea from Mike]

Chapter Seventeen
Ax is saved

JEN’S POV:

<Elfangor gave you that? It is never done! The situation must have been very bad if he gave you the power to morph!> The Andalite said.

“The situation is badder than you think.” Mike said. “The Yeerks know you’re here.”

<What is your plan?>

“To get you out of here of course” I said.

<You came only to rescue me?>

“Yea.” Tim replied.

<You would be tired after this last morph. We will rest.>

“Hey, what’s your name?” Anna asked. “I’m Anna, this is Tim, Mike, Jen, Claire, Issam, Nehal, Rachel, Tyler and Estelore.”

<I am Aximili-Esgarrouth-Isthil>

“Whoa.” I muttered.

“Ax. Pleased to meet you.” Tyler said.

<Who is your prince?> Ax asked us.

We all looked around at each other.

“We don’t really have one.” Issam replied.

<You do not have a leader?>

“Not really, no.” I said.

“We have to go!” Mike said. “The Yeerks are coming!”

“What, right now?” Rachel asked.

“We have about 2 minutes and 30 seconds. We have to leave.”

“Hey, I have a dumb question.” Tyler said, jerking his thumb towards Ax. “How do we get him out of here?”

“Aw crap. I don’t suppose you can swim, Ax? Swim really well?” Anna asked.

<I would not swim in this body. I have acquired an Earth sea creature that passed by> Ax replied.

“Great. Let’s go.” Claire said.

We went over to the exit hatch and began to morph to dolphin. Ax caught my eye, he looked extremely weird while morphing. I finally realised that he was a shark.

TYLER’S POV:

<Heh, great choice Ax. You chose a shark?> I said.

<We’re running out of tiiiime!> Mike reminded us.

We high tailed it out of there, once we were far away we looked back. The Yeerks had started to arrive, but we were at a safe distance.

We demorphed at the river soon after that. It was cold so we put on some extra clothes we had left hidden in some bushes.

“Okay, so what do we do now?” Jen asked.

“The woods.” Estelore said. “The best place for Ax would be the woods.”

“How do we get him there? I think he’s kind of noticeable like this.” Claire gestured towards Ax.

<I must morph>

“Yea, but into what?” Rachel asked.

He reached over and touched my arm. <With your permission>

I felt a bit sleepy, as if I was going into a trance. Then I realised that he was acquiring me.

“Wait a minute, you’re going to morph Tyler? You can do that?” Tim asked.

He went over to the others and acquired them too. He started to morph. I can tell you now that it was the strangest thing I had ever seen.

“Maybe we should give him some privacy? I mean, he can’t morph clothes can he?” Anna said.

“Is he going to be a boy or girl?” Mike wondered.

“Let’s not look anyway.” Jen said.

“There’s an extra pair of shorts and a t-shirt in the bag. Put them on, alright?” Issam said.

He was wearing the t-shirt as shorts and the shorts on his head. Great.

“Are you male or female?” I asked him.

“I chose to be-be-be-be male. Male because I am male. Male. Is that a good choice? Ch-oy-ce.” He looked surprised because he had a mouth.

“Male is fine. Girls, turn around, we need to adjust his clothing.” I said.

We took him to a small meadow in the woods. We thought he’d be safe there for a while, hidden in the trees. We told him not to go anywhere until we came back for him.

CLAIRE’S POV:

It was a week since we had saved the Andalite, a real proud moment for us. We had finally decided that the oldest of us, Issam and Jen, would now be our leaders. We definitely needed a leader at this point and it would be easier with two of them, hopefully.

I was in my room playing cards with Jen, Issam and Mike when my Dad came home from work early. My friends decided they would leave early, just in case my Dad got suspicious, but I doubted that.

“Claire bear? You home?” My Dad called out to me.

I watched my friends fly out of the window and called back to Dad. “Yea”

“Good.” He walked through my door. “Listen, I need to talk to you about something.”

“Yea? What is it?”

“Well to start off, I have a new job.” He said.

“Really?” I sat down on my bed.

“Yes. I now work at Primatech Paper.”

My eyes went wide, but I shrugged it off and tried to look normal. I forced a laugh. “You’re going from university lecturer to paper salesman?”

He looked annoyed for a second, then he was my Dad again. “I’m still keeping that job, it was part time anyway. The point of this conversation is that for my new job, it requires me to go to Texas.”

It was getting harder to keep a straight face. “Texas? How long will you be gone?”

“Not long. But you’re coming with me. Same with your mother. She really wants you to go.”

I felt as if I shouldn’t go. There was a good thing about it though, I’d see what the company looked like in Texas, and maybe be able to do some damage to the Yeerks, but not alone.

“Can I take a friend or two?” I asked. “Or would that be too expensive?”

“The trip is already paid for. You can bring up to two friends.”

“Thanks Dad.” I gave him a hug, because it’s what I would have done if he wasn’t a controller and suggested we were going on a family trip to Texas.

Once he went downstairs, I quietly called the others for a meeting in Ax’s meadow.

Authors note: My Dad is a TAFE lecturer in real life. It's like university but a bit different, but I know it's easier to write Uni lecturer. Just thought I'd mention that, lol.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 04:32:16 AM by SuperClaire »

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2008, 09:17:10 PM »
[Sorry about the delay of posts! I've been in a mental blank... Enjoy!]

Chapter Eighteen.
Texas

RACHEL’S POV:

“Texas? You’re going to Texas?” Tyler said.

“Yea, and I can bring two of you guys.” Claire said.

“Well who gets to go?” I asked.

“To make it fair, and easier, I think two people close to my age should be the ones to go. Estelore, you’re 17, and Rachel, you’re 16. Closest in age.”

“But, I’m 19.” Mike pointed out. “So are Nehal and Tim.”

“Yea, but you’re guys, and my parents might think it’s weird.” Claire said.

“Yay! I get to go to Texas!” I said excitedly.

“And we’ll keep in contact, we’ll teleport here to talk to you guys, and maybe even teleport you guys to Texas if we need you.”

“Better start packing then.” Estelore said.

The next day I walked over to Claire’s house, Claire’s parents took us to the airport. The flight was a few boring hours.

ISSAM’S POV:

“Okay guys, just because three of us are going to be in Texas for the next few days, doesn’t exactly mean that we get a break.” I said to the others. We were having a meeting at Tim’s house. I had seen a report on the news that the others had to hear about.

“They’ll be in Texas in about an hour.” Tyler said, looking at his watch.

“You miss Estelore already?” Anna nudged Tyler.

“Guys.” I interrupted. “I called this meeting because something bad has happened.”

“Is Sylar back?” Mike asked.

“No, I don’t think so, anyways. Haven’t you guys seen the news? It’s all over it!” I said.

“Just tell us what it is!” Tyler said impatiently.

I put a newspaper down on a table in front of the others.
“WANTED” It read, with pictures of four people on the front page.

“Who are these people?” Anna asked.

“They’re people like us. People with abilities. It says here they killed five people in a hostage situation downtown yesterday.”

“How do you know they’re people like us?” Jen asked.

“Well it doesn’t say that in the newspaper, but it does say that the five deaths can’t be explained. One guy was burnt alive, but not by fire. By acid.”

“Holy –“ Tim said.

ESTELORES POV:

“Dad, can we go? There’s only so much paper we can look at without going insane!” Claire complained to her Dad.

“Yea, okay, fine.” Claire’s Dad replied.

“Yes!” Rachel said. “I mean.. that’s..good..”

“Alright, let’s go then.” I said.

The three of us walked around the corner inside the building. We were at Primatech Paper. Claire’s Mum had escaped about 15 minutes ago, she left to go to a nearby book store. We had decided to stay, so we could find out more information about the company.

We turned another corner, searching for an exit.
Claire slammed into a girl coming from the opposite direction.

“Oh, sorry!” She apologised.

“It’s alright.” The girl replied. “Hey, you wouldn’t happen to know where.. my Dad is would you-“
“Is he tall with horn rimmed glasses?” I interrupted. “Yea, he’s back that way.”

“Oh, thanks. So, who are you guys, you don’t work here do you?”

“Yea right.” Claire laughed. “My Dad does though.. sort of…well he really works at the Primatech Paper in California.”

“What’s your name, anyways?” Rachel asked. “I’m Rachel, this is Claire ad Estelore.”

“Oh really? My name’s Claire too. I had better be going, I just need to get something from my Dad.”

“Sure, don’t let us hold you up.” I said, and with that we walked away.

Finally we found an exit door. I couldn’t use my invisibility in the building, as there were cameras everywhere.

We all turned invisible once we were free from the cameras. Basically the easiest explanation is that I bent the light around us, so that we were invisible to the naked eye. We went back into the building to find Claire’s Dad.

UNKNOWN POV:

“Hurry up!” I said quickly. “Just open it up!” I said to my friend, the code cracker and safe opener of the group.

“Okay, okay, I got it!” She said finally.

“About time. The cops are probably already on their way.”

We grabbed the cash and ran to join the others. I stepped over a dead body as we left the bank, getting into our getaway car.

“Alright, so we split the cash between us all. Four shares.”

MIKE’S POV:

I concentrated extremely hard on the photographs in the newspaper. I had to try and figure out what they were planning next. I had never tried to use my power in this way, usually I could only use it to find out future events concerning me, and only a few minutes into the future.

“It’s not working.” I said finally.

“You’re sure you can’t find them?” Tyler asked.

“I’m sure.” I sighed.

“It’s time to move!” Jen said hurriedly, walking into the room. “There’s a bank robbery downtown. The robbers got away with a few million, and the cops don’t know where they are.”

“What, and you do?” I asked.

“Yes. Anna called me, she spotted them going to a warehouse. She followed them in hawk morph. Morph to bird, we are going.”

We morphed to bird and flew towards the warehouse.

CLAIRE’S POV:

After following my Dad for a while, finally he went to a secret part of the facility.
In one of the rooms there was a girl about our age sitting there.

“We can’t just leave her there!” I said.

“She’s probably a controller.” Rachel whispered back.

“We need Ken. I’ll teleport back and get him.”

“How will you know where he is?” Estelore asked.

“I have no idea. I’ll just try a few places, I’ll find him, I’m sure.”

“Someone’s coming!” Rachel hissed. We hid in a janitors closet. Not fun, I can tell you.

Authors Note: The unknown POV is Shanker. Shanker, Jayne, Tony and Rob are the baddies. In the next post, their powers will be revealed, and we shall fight! Any suggestions for powers for them will be appreciated, I've only chosen one of their powers. Shanker's power. and I have some possibilities.. but I'm not sure yet.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 09:23:23 PM by SuperClaire »

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2008, 12:24:37 AM »
CHAPTER NINETEEN:
Meeting new enemies

ANNA’S POV:

I waited for the others to get to the warehouse before I decided to do anything. It would be too risky to go in by myself.

Finally the others had arrived. They told me that Ax had decided to sit this “mission” out, that was probably a good idea.

“What are we gonna do? Just storm right in?” Tyler asked, raising an eyebrow.

“That’s a good question, Tyler.” Mike said. “What is the plan?”

“I’ll go in first.” Tim said. “I’ll phase inside the building.”

“I’ll go with you, I’ll be able to help you see what’s coming.” Mike said.

“And I suppose I should too?” Ken asked.
We talked amongst ourselves for a while, trying to devise a plan that wouldn’t get one of us killed or something.
After a lot of discussion, we had a plan in place.

SHANKERS POV:

“We need to get a new hideout, man this place is a total-“ Rob said.

“I’d like to see you find a better place.” I said, stepping on a passing by ****roach.

“Do you hear something?” Jayne asked all of a sudden.

“Hear what? I don’t hear anything.” I replied lazily.

“Hi there.” A male voice said.

I turned to look. “Where the f*** did you come from?” It was like he had just stepped out from the wall.

“So. You guys are those bank robbers and murderers, huh. You don’t look like much. By the way, I’m Tim, and I’m going to give you a chance to hand yourself in to the police. That’s the easy way. If not, I’ll try the hard way.” Tim said.

“Brave words.” I sneered. “Well I’m going to give you one chance to get the hell out of here.”

“Alright, you asked for it.” Tim said calmly. “It’ll have to be the hard way then.”

“You and what army?” Tony laughed.

“Oh. You want to meet them?” Tim grinned, walking back towards the wall behind him. A minute later a few more people walked through the wall.

KEN’S POV:

“So Ken, what’s the verdict?” Tim asked me.

“They’re not controllers.” I said quietly.

I was trying to get as much information from them as possible, reading their minds, because I knew we were all expecting a fight.

One of them started to laugh. He stretched out his hands, grinning.

“Shanker, what are you doing?” The only girl of the group said. I read her mind and learned the names of all of them. Shanker, Tony, Rob and her name was Jayne.

“I think you know” Shanker said, and he threw out his arms in a dramatic gesture, shooting something towards us.

“Holy hell, DUCK!” Tim yelled out suddenly.

I fell straight towards the floor. I looked behind me, at the wall. The wall was rotting away, like it was covered in…

“Acid!” Mike said.

“You were supposed to warn us of these kinds of things, Mike!” Issam shouted.

Mike, Issam, Tim and I were the only ones who had came in to the warehouse. The others were our back up. We all started to stand up again, keeping our eyes on Shanker and the others.

“I’m sorry!” Mike said.

“I think you should leave.” Rob warned.

None of us moved, just stood there staring.

“He said, HE THINKS YOU SHOULD LEAVEEEEEE!” Tony shouted. It was the loudest thing I had ever heard. I dropped to the ground again, covering my ears with my hands. I glanced at the others, who were doing the same thing.

<Back up! We need BACK UP!> I screamed in my head to the rest of us still outside. <Call Claire! We need them as well>

CLAIRE’S POV:

We were still hiding in the damn janitors closet. My phone began to ring.

“Would you shut that thing up?” Rachel hissed.

“Okay, okay!” I said, and answered the phone. “Hello?”

“Claire! It’s Jen! We need you guys here straight away”

“Where is ‘here’?” I asked quickly. Jen told me where she was. I concentrated on the place, grabbing Estelore and Rachel by their arms.
We all teleported to the warehouse where Jen and the others were.

“You could have given a warning!” Estelore said.

“Sorry. The call sounded urgent.” I said.

“Well, let’s go in.” Anna gestured towards the warehouse.

“Tyler!” Jen said. “You know what to do.”

He formed some electricity in his hands and sent it shooting at the wall. We all stepped through, and it was a surprise to see Mike, Issam, Ken and Tim lying on the floor, holding their ears.

“What happened to you guys?”

“I’ll tell you.” Tony grinned. “THISSSSSSSSSSSSS” He screamed.

“Holy crap!” I shouted. “That is loud!”

I concentrated and teleported to a place behind the guy who was screaming. I punched him in the face, but he just screamed back at me, knocking me off my feet.

A blur rushed past me. Rachel. She sped past all the villains, knocking them off of their feet.

“How do you like THAT?” She said with a grin on her face.

Rob pulled out a gun, but Issam used his telekinesis to throw it to the other side of the room.

SHANKER’S POV:

I considered my options. I was standing quite close to a guy I didn’t know. He hadn’t spoken or done anything since he had came in the warehouse. I lunged at him and stood up.

“Alright, nobody move!” I shouted. I had wanted to say something like that for a while. I grinned, placing my hand around the guys neck.

“Nehal!” One of the girls shouted.

“Go ahead, try something.” I looked at one of the girls, who had teleported earlier. “Try and teleport. You think you can do it before I kill him?”

She just looked at me.

Suddenly something fell from the rafters. A light fitting, and it was fell straight on Nehal’s head. I think it was supposed to hit me or something. I shrugged. “I think you missed.”

“Ah crap” The telekinetic one said.

“You know, I don’t think this is very fair.” I said. “All of you.. against us four.” I turned to Jayne. “I think you’re needed.”

Jayne nodded back at me, and suddenly there was 2 Jayne’s standing there. Then there was 4, 8, 12, 16.

“Think you got enough?” I asked sarcastically. “And Rob? Are you just gonna sit there in the corner doing nothing, or actually do something?”

He glared back at me and turned to one of the intruders. He got ready to use his power against them.

Authors Note: Yes, Ken can use thought speak while not in morph. Because you've all seen mind-reading before, and I wanted to make it a bit different, and yea he has the ability to thought speak without being in morph.
Oh, and I use Shankers POV alot because out of the villains, I know him best.. So yea it's easier. I probably won't use the other POV's...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 12:37:32 AM by SuperClaire »

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2008, 10:37:44 PM »

CHAPTER TWENTY
A fallen comrade

Claire’s POV:

Anna was in danger. The guy called Rob was about to use his powers, I couldn’t wait for that!
I teleported over to them both. I grabbed Rob’s arm and teleported away.
I opened my eyes, expecting to see the outside of the warehouse, but that’s not what I saw. I was in my house. Ah crap.

”Where the hell are we?” Rob demanded.

I looked around, confused. I was standing in my kitchen. I looked at the calendar, just to check it out.
Oh no. Oh no oh no oh no! It was 6 months ago! I teleported back 6 months!

“Claire? Is that you?” I heard my Mum call me. Ah crap again. I grabbed Rob’s arm again and teleported away.
Now we were in a park or something. I had no clue where I was, I wasn’t thinking straight.

“Now where are we?” Rob asked.

“I don’t know!”

“What do you mean you DON’T KNOW?” He shouted. “Take me back, now!”

“I should just leave you here! You and the rest of your crew, you’re killers.” I said. I got ready to teleport away.

MIKE’S POV:

“Where did Claire go?” Anna asked.

I looked around wildly, but couldn’t see her anywhere. I knew she had teleported, but where?

“Where the hell did Rob go?” Tony asked.

“There’s no time for that!” Shanker yelled. He pointed randomly at me. “You’re gonna die!”

I looked behind me, hopefully he wasn’t talking to me. Darn, no one was behind me.

“Me?” I asked, pointing at myself.

Shanker started to run towards me, but as I knew it was coming, I calmly stepped to the side. He tripped over Nehal’s fallen body. He was probably unconscious. I leaned down to check his pulse. He was alive.
“Nehal? Nehal?” I called.

Shanker had turned back towards me. As he got closer I punched him quickly in the stomach and had to dodge as one of the Jayne clones ran towards me.
Another 3 clones came at me, but I knew what each one was going to do before they did it.

“Nice try!” I chuckled as they continued to miss. “Rachel! Behind you!” I shouted quickly. There were Jayne clones everywhere!

SHANKER’S POV:

I quickly shot some acid straight at the guy closest to me. It passed through him and hit a Jayne clone, who fell to the ground screaming. Jayne absorbed the clone back into herself.

I glared at him and tried to shoot it again, but he just phased through it again.
I looked around, seeing an unconscious person on the ground. It was that guy from before.. Nehal, that was it.

While everyone else was distracted I edged closer, ready to shoot the acid at him.

“No!” Mike shouted, shoving me. I lunged back at him. I placed my hands on his arm, and it started to rot away.
“AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!” Mike screamed, rolling on the ground.

“Mike!” Jen yelled, as she was the closest. She grabbed Mike’s other arm and started to drag him away.

I looked back at my other victim and sent the acid towards him. In a matter of seconds the body was gone, vaporised by my acid. Nehal was dead.

I was suddenly kicked in the stomach by someone, I turned to look and got shocked my electricity. A fireball was sent my way from someone.

“Miss me?” Mike asked, punching me in the face.

“Impossible!” I yelled. “Your arm!” His arm was perfectly fine, not enough a mark.

CLAIRE’S POV:

I concentrated, about to teleport, when at the last second Rob grabbed my arm.

I opened my eyes. I was at the warehouse, but there was no one fighting. And the warehouse looked different, almost new.

“Are we back?” I wondered.

“Load those into the truck!” A male voice said loudly. He walked over to us. “Who the hell are you two?”

“Uh, no one.” I said, teleporting outside of the warehouse, leaving Rob by himself. I sat down, trying to concentrate on getting back to the warehouse where my friends were. Rob came out of the warehouse a minute later.

“That’s it, if you’re not going to take me back…” He said.

A second later my head was spinning. He was using his power against me!

KEN’S POV:

I punched a Jayne clone, knocking her out. I punched two more.
Tony came out of nowhere and yelled in my ear. I fell to the ground clutching my ears. It was bad enough I had to listen to their thoughts, let alone the loud screaming voice that he had.

Jen came to my rescue with a fireball aimed straight at Tony. He fell to the ground, rolling to get rid of the flames. He rolled over some acid, and started to scream.

“Holy crap” I said, not wanting to look as his flesh melted away. I’d never get THAT image out of my head, that’s for sure.

“You killed him!” A Jayne clone said. Probably the real Jayne. “For that you die!” She rushed at me. Wait, me? What did I do?

I kicked her in the shins, since I was still on the ground. She awkwardly fell to the ground.

“Let’s get out of here!” Shanker yelled. “We’re wasting our time.”

“What about Rob?” Jayne yelled back.

“He can handle himself!”

“I don’t think so!” I said, standing up and getting ready to punch Shanker. He turned to look at me and laughed.

Okay, so he was bigger and older than me, so what? No reason to laugh at me.

He moved his arms in a dramatic gesture and shot acid at me. I ducked, but some of it landed on me.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH” I screamed, and ran outside the warehouse. Mike had followed me.

Through my screams he was talking to me. “Morph and demorph, come on, you can do it!”

I focused on morphing, I didn’t care what I was morphing to. Ah, the pain finally stopped as I morphed to bird. I demorphed quickly. Mike was standing in front of me, shielding me. Jayne was standing there, with Shanker. I hoped that they hadn’t seen me morphing.

Authors Note: Yep, I dragged it on, and Rob still hasn't discovered what his power is. Perhaps in the next one you'll find out.. muahahaha

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2008, 09:19:49 AM »
Love the whole books. Just needs a certain someone in it. Or else,  :sylar:
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2008, 05:37:50 AM »
Love the whole books. Just needs a certain someone in it. Or else,  :sylar:

Uh thanks..
I have another thread for comments, if you could please post in there instead..

Animorphs x Heroes fic

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2008, 12:18:13 AM »
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
Power Trip

MIKES POV:

I turned to Ken, reaching out my hand. He took it and I pulled him up.

“Impossible.” Shanker said. “I shot acid at you. How are you still breathing?”

“Just lucky I guess.” Ken said with a grin.

“But.. there’s no mark. No mark at all. Even though you ran screaming out here. Tell me your secret!” Shanker demanded.

The others started to come out of the warehouse to join us. Some of them were a bit bloody and bruised, but morphing would take care of that.

“You’re outnumbered.” Tyler said.

Shanker looked at all of us and then back at Jayne. “Come on, let’s go. We’ll get them next time.” We watched them leave, standing there in silence.

“I can’t believe Nehal’s dead.” Anna said finally.

“Yea.” I said sadly. “There’s no body.. What are we going to tell his family?”

“Not looking forward to that.” Jen said.

“I wonder.. I wonder if Claire’s alright.” I really hoped that she wasn’t dead too.

“I’m sure she’ll be okay.” Tim replied.

CLAIRE’S POV:

I was freaking out and seeing things.
“You idiot!” I shouted. “Now I can never get you back to normal time! We’re both stuck here because of you!”

I was hallucinating. I looked at Rob, but his face melted together, turning into a million different colours. It felt like I was high, not that I know what that’s like or anything…

I saw Elfangor dying. “No!” I shouted again as Elfangor got eaten again and again. Visser Three morphed into a huge creature and picked me up and ate me. My Dad was at the Yeerk Pool being infested. A taxxon lunged at me, preparing to eat me. A Hork-Bajir lunged at me, preparing to slice and dice me. A lion, my battle morph, lunged for my throat.

“Stop! I’ll take you back, I’ll take you back!” I continued to shout, but I could no longer see Rob. “STOP!” I yelled for the last time. I looked around, I could see a tree, a bird landed on the tree branch. The only problem was, the tree was bright purple, and the bird a strange shade of blood red.

I stood up, looking around. Everything was fading back to normal. I saw Rob, and lunged at him, punching him in the face.

”What the hell’s a matter with you? What the hell did you do to me?” I yelled.

Instead of replying, he just shoved me.
“Forget taking you back. I’m leaving you here.” I said, getting ready to teleport away.

I concentrated, and then opened my eyes. I was back at the warehouse.
“Guys!” I shouted happily, lunging at the closest person to hug them.

RACHEL’S POV:

“Erm.. can’t breath!” I muttered.

“Sorry.” Claire said, ending the hug.

“Claire! Look out behind you!” Mike shouted.
Claire teleported away before Rob could punch her.

“How did you get here?” Claire demanded.

“Well, for one, you teleported from over there” Rob pointed at a park just down the street. “So I followed you. Now what have you done with-“

I used my super speed to rush past him and punch him, knocking him to the ground.
“Isuggestthatyouleave” I said really quickly. Oops. “I mean, I suggest that you leave.”

“Yea, your partners had the right idea. They’re gone.” Issam said.

“And you’re just by yourself, against all of us.” Tim added.

“Alright. Okay. You’ve told me.” Rob said. Instead of leaving, he shut his eyes.

“What are you doing?” Claire asked.

“Oh, you’ll see.” He said with a grin.

“Aaaaaah!” Claire yelled, falling to the floor. One by one we all fell to the floor.

“What’s… going… on….” I said, as everything melted away.

KEN’S POV:

I couldn’t help but freak out, just like everyone else. I was seeing images of my brother being infested, and I was back in the Yeerk Pool, seeing things I really didn’t want to see.

I concentrated really hard on Rob’s thoughts. It was hard to do but I managed it. I felt a trickle of blood coming from my nose. I ignored it and stood up.
“Your power won’t work on me anymore.” I said.

“Oh really?” He asked. He focused on me, I could hear his brain working away, thinking thoughts of hate towards me. “So out of all of them..” He gestured towards my friends. “..You’re the one who can stop me. Sure thing, Twiglet.” He laughed.

I shook my head slightly. He was gonna pay for underestimating me, that’s for sure.

He took a swing at me, but I knew it was coming as I was paying attention to his thoughts. I ducked and he missed. I punched him in the stomach quickly.
He swung again, twice more, missing each time.
I punched him in the face, giving him a cut lip.

“So what’s your power anyway?” Rob asked.

I didn’t waste time answering. I swung again, knocking him to the ground. I stood over him and concentrated.

<You’re going to get up right now, and walk away. You won’t turn around, you won’t come back here. You’ll stop your mind games on my friends first.> I sent my thoughts towards him.

He looked confused, but stood up and walked away. My friends began to stand up. I helped Anna to her feet as she was closest to me.

“Whoa, how’d you do that, Ken?” She asked.

“I think.. I think I used mind control..” I replied.

“We seriously have to go.” Claire said. “We have to get back to Texas. Oh and Ken, we need you for something. I’ll teleport you there and back. First, we need to morph.. Ken.. you realise your nose is bleeding?”
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 01:52:05 AM by SuperClaire »

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2008, 01:00:07 AM »
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
Ashes to Ashes

RACHEL'S POV:

After morphing and losing our cuts and bruises, it was definately time to get back to Texas.
Claire teleported us back, just me, Estelore, Ken and herself.

"So what is it guys, what do you need me for?" Ken asked us.

We were invisible, thanks to Estelore, so it was safe for us to wander the halls of Primatech Paper.

"Ssshh" Claire whispered as we turned a corner and walked quietly past two Primatech employees.

Once we were past them, Ken muttered. "They were Yeerks."

"Of course they were, if they work here. Now come on, we need to get through that door." Estelore said.

"I'm on it." I said quickly, and ran with my super speed to stop the door ahead of us from closing, as a Primatech employee came out and walked towards us.

We stood in front of a room. A small room, containing a bed, a sink, a toilet and a person. Seriously, a girl about Claire's age was sitting there on the bed, looking pretty sad. We could see it all through a window on the outside.

"So Ken. Is she a controller?" Claire asked.

I concentrated on her thoughts. "No." I shook my head. "She's not. But.. oh man.. someones coming. Claire, I think it's your Dad. Oh man.. He's with some guy.. Noah Bennet.. and they are planning on infesting her. Now."

"Ah crap, we gotta do something!" Claire said.

"We can't. Claire, we don't have time!" I told her.

"I don't care. I'm not leaving her like this." Claire said, and then she disappeared. She teleported into the room with the girl.

"Hey, you okay? I'm here to help you. What's your name?"

"Ash. I'm Ash. Who are you?" The girl replied.

"I'd love to go into details, but I'm afraid we can't. No time, you see." Claire grabbed her arm and teleported into the room with us.

KEN'S POV:

"Whoa! Did we just teleport?" The girl called Ash said excitedly.

"Yep. Come on guys, grab my arms or something. We have to leave." We teleported, just as Claire's Dad was opening the door to come in.

I opened my eyes, we were back home.

"Holy crap!" Tim's voice rang out.

"Geez guys, you gotta give us warning." Anna laughed. The others were having a meeting.

"Good timing to be having a meeting." I said.

"I think I was the only person not to freak out." Mike said. "Love my precognition."

"Anyway guys.. we kind of have an announcement."

"Yea?" Tyler asked.

"This is Ash." Claire said, introducing Ash.

"Hi." She said.

"Listen, me, Rach and Este really have to get back to Texas. But anyways, she'll have to stay with one of us, until-"

"Where are we?" Ash asked.

I replied, telling her the state we lived in.

"No way! I live here!" Ash said excitedly. "It's okay, I can go home."

After we sat and explained morphing and the Yeerks and all that, Ash didn't sound as excited. She sounded a bit worried.
Some of us went with her to her house, and luckily her parents weren't controllers.

CLAIRE'S POV:

"We're leaving Texas!" my Dad announced.

"Okay then." I replied, trying not to hide my excitement. I didn't really want to stay in Texas any longer, I wanted to go home, since now we had another member of the group.

Later that night, we took a plane home. I was itching to teleport home but of course I knew I couldn't.

The next day, after getting a good night's sleep, I called everyone for a meeting. I tried to teleport to Issam's house, but I wound up in Texas. I was having some trouble with my teleporting, but I had no idea why. It was frustrating.
"Dammit!" I said, kicking a fence nearby.

I started to walk, just so I could clear my head and try and teleport again. I looked around, seeing no one. I tested out my power, teleporting a few steps in front of me. It worked. I smiled to myself, until I saw someone across the road looking at me. Oh.. crap.
A black guy. I started to walk away, but it was too late.

I woke up in a small room. Oh god.. this was Primatech Paper. I was at Primatech.

JEN'S POV:

"Alright Ash, you ready to try morphing?" I asked her. She looked a bit worried.

"I guess." She answered. "So I just touch the animal?"

"Yep. What animal do you want to try first?" I asked again. We were at my house, just me, Ash, Anna and Mike. Everyone else was busy. We were supposed to meet up this morning, but everyone had to raincheck at the last minute.

"How about your bird?" Ash said, reaching out to pat Orsino.

"Sure." I smiled. "Good choice. I like her already!" I said to Mike and Anna.

"I'll take you to get your battle morph soon, okay?" Mike said to Ash.

"Battle morph?"

"Yes. Unfortunately having the Yeerks around means a lot of fighting." Anna sighed.

"Ah, of course. I can't believe I was a second away from becoming one of them." Ash muttered.

"Hey, I'm just curious, but why were you there?" Mike asked.

"I'm not sure. I think I used my power in public, and they saw me. I was kidnapped and woke up there."

"Your power?" I asked.

"Well, you guys are just like me, right? I mean.. I saw Claire teleport. That's how she saved me. My power is super strength."

I went on to explain about everyone's powers to Ash. She was definately excited about it, thats for sure.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 01:07:40 AM by SuperClaire »

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2008, 08:45:56 PM »
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
The Capture

CLAIRE’S POV:

“Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap!” I said, trying to open the door to the room. I tried to use my powers but they weren’t working. Dammit!

A few minutes later, someone came into the room. They were dressed like a doctor, with a long white coat. Oh crap, Oh crap, Oh crap!
They were holding something. A little canister. Oh man, I knew what that was. I had seen some of them down in the Yeerk Pool.

He walked over to me.

“Hey man.” I said, getting his attention. “You dropped your pocket!” I said quickly.

“What?” He said, looking down at the floor. Idiot.

I kicked him in the stomach and ran out of the room, straight into a security guard. Ah crap, I just can’t catch a break. The guard held my arms behind my back while the doctor guy held something to my ear.

My ear went numb as a Yeerk crawled into my ear. I struggled, trying to use my power and trying to escape, but nothing worked. Finally I got my left arm free and touched my ear, but it was too late.

Suddenly I could no longer move. <Nooooooo!> I yelled in my head.

“It’s alright.” My voice said. “I’m-“

I was interrupted as the doctor slumped to the floor, and a second later the guard was down too. They were dead.

“Surprised to see us?” I looked up, seeing Shanker and his buddies.

The Yeerk searched through my memories. “What are you doing in Texas?”

“I have my connections. I’m actually here to help a friend. What are you doing here?” Shanker demanded.

“Leaving.” The Yeerk said.

<Get out of my head!>

<Why would I do that? When I’ve just discovered your ability. Teleportation> The Yeerk concentrated and suddenly we were in the woods.
<Let’s go see your Andalite friend, shall we?>

<Noooo! You leave my friends alone. I’ll never let you!>

<Ken. Telepathy. Mike. Precognition. They will be problems>

<Shut up! Get out of my head, you filthy Yeerk!>

MIKE’S POV:

<What is that creature?> Ax asked me.

“It’s a squirrel, Ax-man” Tyler replied.

“So how are you settling in, anyway?” I asked.

Me, Ax and Tyler were in the woods together, just seeing what Ax had been up to lately.

<This place is fine>

“A lot different from home, huh?” Tyler asked.

I checked my watch. Oh no! I had to get back home, my Mum needed me for something.

“I have to go, guys. Catch you later.”

“Later.” Tyler replied.

I started to run out of the woods. Out of all of us, I lived the closest. I would have flown but I didn’t want to have to worry about finding a place to demorph at home.

I got to my street 20 minutes later. Yes I lived the closest, but it was still a fair way to walk.
I was glad to be finally near home. I got a flash of an image in my head. Claire was about to teleport over here. I really loved my power.

Claire appeared in front of me a minute later.

“Hey Claire.” I said. “What’s going on?”
She smiled at me, but there was something different about her. She was about to tell me something.

My eyes went wide as I realised that she was a controller.
“Yeerk!” I practically shouted, but she grabbed my arm and teleported me away. I was too shocked by the fact she was a controller that I didn’t see it coming until it was too late.

“I knew you would find out.” The Yeerk told me. “I was ready for it.”

“Shut up Yeerk. Claire, it’s alright. We’ll save you.” I said, not wanting to talk to the Yeerk. “Where did you take me?” I demanded.

We teleported again, this time we were in Ken’s room. He walked in, with a surprised look on his face.

“Guys” He said, shutting his bedroom door. “What are you-“

“She’s a contro-“ Mike started to say.

“Controller.” Ken said quietly.

Claire.. no, the Yeerk started to laugh and reached out to grab me and Ken’s arms. With our powers, we both knew what was about to happen, and moved out of her way.

“That won’t help you forever!” The Yeerk snarled.

CLAIRE’S POV:

<Nooo! Stop it!> I shouted at the Yeerk, to no avail. The Yeerk was becoming frustrated with trying to get close to Ken and Mike to teleport them away, but they kept seeing it coming.

<There’s no way you can get to them, they will always see you coming> I said smugly to the Yeerk.

<Oh really? Well I found what I was looking for. Stopping time?> The Yeerk said, and stopped time.
Ken and Mike froze, no longer moving at all.

The Yeerk put a smile on my face. “That’s better.” The Yeerk grabbed Mike and Ken’s arms and teleported.
We were in a dark place, I wasn’t sure where. Ken and Mike were back to normal.

“Oh crap!” Ken said.. “Where in hell are we?”

“I don’t know. New York maybe?” Mike wondered.

“What happened here?” Ken asked.

We looked around, seeing New York as a wasteland. Buildings were destroyed, and there were no people around.

<I think we’re in the future> I said.

<I can read your mind, every thought you have. You don’t need to tell me>

<But I want to tell you> I said. I tried to move my eyes, to look around New York, but I couldn’t.

<Yes that’s right,  The Yeerk said.

<Do you have a na-> I tried to ask.

<Yes. I have a name. Adanac 349-> He stopped talking, hearing Ken and Mike talking quietly.

“Take us back home, Yeerk.” Ken said. He looked troubled. Probably because he could hear my thoughts, and they were not fun at all.

“Actually, I don’t think I will. I think I’m going to leave you two here, and go back and take the others to Visser Three.”

“You really think so?” Mike asked. He looked at Ken and nodded.

KEN’S POV:

“Don’t worry Claire. It’s gonna be okay.” I said, concentrating on the Yeerk’s thoughts. He/She was ****y and arrogant. It was hard to classify the Yeerk as a gender. I didn’t think it really had one.

<You will get out of my friends head, right now> I sent the thoughts to the Yeerk.

I couldn’t believe it. The Yeerk started to crawl out of Claire’s ear.

“Where is it? WHERE IS IT?” She cried. “Kill it!”

“Mike, get her.” I said. The Yeerk was now on the ground, and Claire was frantically trying to step on it.

“Wait!” Mike said. “Claire, stop!”

“It has to die! It knows everything about us!”

“Yea, but let’s get to that later. We’ll acquire the Yeerk.” Mike leaned down to pick up the Yeerk.

“There’s no way I’m touching that thing.” Claire said.

I reached over and acquired it once Mike was finished.

“Okay, okay, I will. But once everyone is done, I am killing, and I mean killing that yeerk. I’m gonna roast it, I’m gonna..” She continued to babble on about ways to kill the Yeerk.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2008, 05:40:21 AM »
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
What the future holds

MIKE’S POV:

“Okay, so you going to teleport us back now?” Ken asked Claire.

“Actually, I think we should stay here a bit longer.”

“Why?” Ken asked.

“Yea, I don’t like this place” I said.

“Well we’ve obviously done something wrong here. I mean, New York is a wasteland. I think we should-“ The sound of Claire’s voice was drowned out as a spaceship, a bug fighter, flew over our heads.

“Holy crap” Ken said, once it had passed.

“You got that right.” I agreed.

“I say we don’t go in that direction.” Claire said. “Where are we, anyway?”

We were on the roof of a building, but that was all I could tell. We found a stairwell and used that to get out onto the street.
There were no people around, anywhere.

“Ken, you picking up any stray thoughts?” I asked.

He shook his head. “Nothing.”

We walked for a while. Eventually we came to a place which looked like it was point of origin for the bomb.

“Whoa.” The three of us said simultaneously.

“I’m getting some thoughts” Ken said, looking troubled. “I have some Yeerks, some terrified hosts.. and a couple of free hosts. I think there’s a fight happening. It’s nearby, its..” He pointed at a bunch of people running our way, fighting.
“Why won’t you just die!” One of the free hosts shouted and turned to us.

“No way!” Ken said.

“You?” The person said. “Ken? But, that’s impossible! Oh, Claire, of course. You must be the reason he’s here.” He turned back to the Yeerks and helped his partner to kill them. They were both armed with swords, knives, dracon beams and guns.

“Is that who I think it is?” I whispered.

“Yea. It’s Issam alright. Just, older.” Ken said.

Issam came over to us. “You guys look so young. What time are you from?”

We told him, and asked what time we were in. It was 3 and a half years since the bomb went off, so almost 4 years from the day we were in back home.

“I’m surprised you guys aren’t..” Issam’s friend muttered, but Issam stopped him from talking.

“Who’s that? He’s not one of us, is it?” Claire asked.

“You don’t recognise me?” Issam’s friend laughed.

“Well why don’t you just tell us who you are? Or we can just have Ken do that.” Claire said.

And with that, he struck with his sword at Claire, a fatal blow to her head.
I screamed out her name, but it was too late. He pointed his sword towards me and struck my stomach.
I fell to the ground, the last thing I heard was Ken yelling and running towards me as I was struck again by the sword.

KEN’S POV:

“Who’s that? He’s not one of us is he?” Claire asked.

“You don’t recognise me?” Issam’s friend laughed at us.

“Well why don’t you…” Claire said, trailing off as Mike finished her sentence.

“Well why don’t you just tell us who you are? Or we can just have Ken do that.” Mike said. As he said it, he stepped towards Claire, pushing her out of the way.

He punched the guy in the face, knocking him backwards.

Issam smiled and turned to Mike. “Of course, you saw that coming.” He pointed his index finger at Mike. Mike was lifted into the air.
Mike was choking and coughing, his hands around his throat.

“No!” Claire yelled.

I concentrated on Issam’s thoughts. <Let Mike go. Let him go now>

At the same time, he pointed at me, making me fly several feet through the air.
Claire teleported and grabbed me midair, teleporting us back to the ground.

“You okay?” She muttered, but didn’t wait for a reply as she teleported us to Mike.

When I finally opened my eyes, we were in another part of New York. We were in an empty street in front of some apartment buildings.

“I thought you said he wasn’t a controller?” Claire asked me.

“He wasn’t!” I said. “I can’t believe it, him and his friend were attacking us.”

Claire snapped her fingers. “No way. I know who that was!”

Because I could read her mind, and Mike knew what was going to happen, we all spoke at the same time. “Rob.”

“Hello, Claire.” A familiar voice said. We all turned to look. It was Claire, but she was different. Older. Her hair was tied back and kind of short, and she had a few noticeable scars. She was wearing some sort of costume, all black.

FUTURE CLAIRE’S POV:

“Hello, Claire.” I had said. The three of them just gaped at me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, raising my eyebrow.

“Uh.. you’re me…” Claire said.

“Yes. Your powers of observation are just astounding.” I said, with a hint of sarcasm.

“HEY!” A voice shouted from a far distance away.

“Time to move. They’ve been tracking me a while now.” I said, grabbing Claire, Ken and Mike’s arms.

We teleported to an apartment building on Reed Street, what was left of it.

“Hiro.” I said. “They found me, twice today. They are getting better at tracking. They’ve joined forces with more people like us, former controllers.”

“Who are you?” Hiro asked Mike. “And you, you are Ken, correct?” He turned to Ken.

“Yea” Ken nodded.

“I’m Mike.” Mike said, looking a bit confused. “Why do you know Ken and not me.”

“You really don’t want to know.” I said sadly, staring at the floor.

“What happened to us? Where are Jen, Anna, all of the others? Am I not alive in this future?” Mike asked.

“I can’t tell you.” I replied.

“Yes you can.. Future me. You have to tell us, we can fix all of this.” Claire said.

I smiled. She was just how I remembered me being at that age. But it didn’t matter anymore, everything she knew would change soon. Me and Hiro, with our time travel abilities, had been trying for a very long time to change the past, and every time we did, it seemed to end up worse.

It was my fault, I hadn’t helped my friends when I was supposed to, and because of that, Anna, Mike, Estelore, Jen, Rachel and Tim had died when the bomb went off.

Me, Ken, Issam, Jen and Tyler were the only survivors, but not for long, Tyler and Rachel was killed not long after and Ken died a year ago.

“What happened?” Claire asked softly.

I explained about the ones who had died in the bomb blast. “The world is a terrible place now.”

“Who killed Tyler?” Mike asked.

“And me, for that matter.”

I told them, but they stared back at me in disbelief.

“No way.”
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 04:33:29 PM by SuperClaire »

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2008, 06:46:28 AM »
[Okay, people. This chapter might be a little confusing. Feel free to ask questions in the other thread if you need to. I know I would. That's the point, you guys need to be confused. If you're not, I didn't try hard enough. Also, yes I only used two POV's because that's how it ended up.. sorries to those of you who haven't been in it in a while and whatnot. Now, enough yabbering, READ, MY PRETTIES! ;D]

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
To be evil.. or not to be evil.. that is the question.

CLAIRE’S POV:

“You have to leave.” Future Claire said.

“My teleporting has… been.. a bit off lately…” I replied.

“What are you, sour milk?” Future Claire said, raising an eyebrow.

Future Claire was weird. Not sure I liked her as much as I liked myself. Now that just sounds weird…

“I’ll take you back, if you need me to?” Future Claire suggested.

“No, I should be fine.”

“You don’t sound very confident.” Ken muttered.

“Shuddup.” I replied, and grabbed his shoulder. Mike grabbed onto my arm at the same time. “Later, Future Me. By the way, you’re weird.”

The last thing I saw was her smile as we teleported away. We ended up in the woods back home, right in front of Ax as he was grazing.

<What!?> He said, sounding startled.

“Sorry Ax” I apologised.

<You have been gone for two whole Earth days> Ax said.

“Two whole days?!” Ken said. “My Mom’s gonna kill me!”

<We devised a plan to cover your absence during those days.>

“Hey, is it just me or did you call them ‘Earth’ days?” I asked, but was interrupted by Anna’s voice.

“KEN!” She ran up and kissed Ken.

“Oh geez” I said, looking at Mike. “Get a room you two.”

“Where have you guys been?”

I turned to look at Issam, who had spoken. I lunged at him. “Traitor!” I shouted.
Someone was pulling me back, away from him.

“What the heck are you doing?” Jen demanded. I pushed her arm angrily.

“I’ll tell you.” I answered. “Issam here wants to kill us all.”

“What are you talking about?” Issam asked. “I’m not a controller, remember.”

“Cut the crap.” Ken said. “Mind reader, remember?” He pointed to his head. “I feel like an idiot for not noticing this earlier.” He looked as if he was concentrating. “That’s odd.. It’s not working..”

<Can someone please explain all this hostility?> Ax asked.

“Yea, guys, what’s going on?” Ash asked, sounding concerned.

ISSAM’S POV…. So far as you know.

“We came from the future. And we discovered that Issam is a traitor. He was with that Rob guy, and he killed...”

“Finally figured it out, eh?” I said finally. There was no point denying it now, they knew, and plus Ken was a telepathic.

“So you’re not pretending anymore?” Mike asked. “How could you do this, man?”

“I haven’t done anything to you.” I shot back angrily.

“Yet.” Ken muttered, loud enough for all to hear.

I glared back at him. And while they were sitting there thinking, I ran off. I wasn’t ready to fight all of them at the same time.

Rachel sped by me, easily beating me. She stuck out her foot, and down I went. Very dignifying.

“I don’t want to have to hurt you, Rachel” I warned.

“Neither do I, but I guess I have to.” She said, giving me a super speed punch to the face.

It'd be so much easier if I had Issam's telekinesis... but instead I backhanded her in the face. Now that I was male instead of female I didn't realise how much my strength had changed. She fell to the floor, looking EXTREMELY shocked.

Without looking back, I ran away again. I’m not a coward, so don’t be thinking that I’m being cowardly. I did what I had to do.
I could hear them calling Rachel’s name.

A second later Claire and Jen teleported in front of me. I knew why it was the two of them and not any of the others. Jen and I were the so called leaders of this little group, and Claire was my longest friend of them all.

“How could you do this Issam?” Claire asked quietly.

“It’s a long story. Besides, whatever I did in the future hasn’t been done yet.” I pointed out.

“But you’re going to do it. And that’s the problem.”

Jen looked troubled. She started to form a fireball in her hands. I smiled as she threw it at me.

“I really don’t wanna do this!” Jen yelled. “I’m sorry.”

I ducked as she prepared to throw the fire towards me. Suddenly the fire disappeared. I didn't stop to chat about it, I just ran off again.

Finally I found a quiet place to rest, and get my mobile phone out. I dialled a number quickly. “It’s done, guys.”

“Good job, Kat.” Said Shanker’s voice on the other line. “We’re in Texas now, we’ll be back there in a few hours, we are at the airport, so you have nice timing.”

“Thanks”

“So they bought it?” Shanker asked. “Because we need this to work. Issam has to be trusted.”

“They bought it. They seriously think he’s gonna go crazy and kill them all. I don’t know how this helps him to be trusted.”

“You know the plan Kat. Stick to it, and everything will go fine. Find Issam, and complete phase 2 of the plan.” Shanker replied. “See you soon.”

I looked up, seeing a young Asian teenager standing in front of me. “Are you the one?”

He nodded in reply. “Yea. I’m Sakae.”

“Good. You can help me with this.” I said, still sitting on the ground. “You gonna help me up or what?”

He smiled. “You sure you want me to help you?”

“What did I just ask you?” I said, puzzled.

“Okay.” Sakae said, grabbing my outstretched hand and pulling me up.

I sagged to the floor suddenly, feeling like my energy was being sucked out of me.

He let me go and I stumbled, feeling very strange. I looked at my arms, realising they were back to normal. I wasn’t impersonating Issam anymore, I was back to normal. “What did you just do?” I demanded.

“How about I just show you?” And then he shape-shifted in front of me, turning into me. “Thanks, this power’s not so bad.”

“They didn’t tell me you stole other people’s abilities! They said you cancelled other abilities!” I was slightly outraged that I hadn’t been told.

“Oh, that is my ability. To cancel other abilities, but that’s not all. I absorb abilities, and keep them for a short while. You’ll find that your power won’t work right now, because I’m basically telling it not to.”

I gave him a slightly blank look. I admit, his power was cool. I wanted it, but shape-shifting was enough for me.

"Aren't you going to thank me?" He asked. "I did save your life back there. I stopped you from becoming a marshmallow."

[Authors note #2 Wooo, yea.. that was intense. Confused? Me too.. my brain is all over the place right now. Last I heard it was in Europe.. wait thats not the point.. Hee hee hee.. Anna and Ken kissed... omg.. hee hee... oh, and yes, Sakae aka Morfowt is in it, and a villain, who knew? And just so you know, no Issam did not backhand Rachel in the face, okay? lol.. remember, if you've read it all, then you know it was Kat, aka Estrid. Hope you enjoyed. Now comment in the other thread, MY PRETTIES! If you don't, I'll sic Ken on you and you'll have to comment! muahahaha]
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:16:49 PM by SuperClaire »