Author Topic: [Fic/Crossover] The New  (Read 9760 times)

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
[Fic/Crossover] The New
« on: July 01, 2008, 04:42:33 AM »
[Authors Note: Well, here goes, my first chapter of "The New" not sure if I'll keep that name, but eh, it'll do for now.
Not everyone has replied to me asking if they can be in it or not yet, but hopefully that'll be done soon.
This is an Animorphs x Heroes crossover. No real spoilers for Heroes, I doubt there will be for a while.
And yes, I did steal some lines from Animorphs, I can't help it..]

Chapter One
The Shortcut

My name is Claire. Just Claire. I can't tell you my last name or where I live because its too risky. Anyways, enough about that, I’m just gonna cut straight to the story.
Six months ago, me and my friends all discovered we had super powers. We weren’t all friends back then, but we found each other, became friends.

But this story really begins on a normal summers evening. My friends Rachel, Ken, Anna and I were hanging out at the park, making movies to put on youtube, something we liked to do in our spare time.

“No, not like that!” Ken was saying. He was the director, of course.

“Fine.” Rachel said, rolling her eyes. “Hey wasnt Mike meant to meet us here?”

“Yea, thats what they said.” I replied. “Maybe they’re just late.” I looked up into the sky, seeing a peregrine falcon fly by. I sat there staring into space, forgetting everything else.

“Earth to Claire?” Ken said.

“Oh, sorry.” I focused back in on the real world.

“You guys! We’ll never get this done in time if you guys don’t pay attention!”

“Hey guys, can I join you?” Anna’s cousin, Jen, came walking over to us.

“Hey Jen. Sure you can, Ken’s really frustrated so we’re probably going to go now.” Anna said.

“Alright let’s go.” I said. My phone beeped at me, I had a text message. “Oh, it’s from Mike. He says that he got distracted because he ran into Issam. And he says to meet up with them at the mall.”

“Well Claire, I am not walking all that way.” Anna said.

“It’s only a 15 minute walk!” I exclaimed. “Fine. I’ll teleport us in.”

I grabbed Anna’s and Ken’s shoulders coz they were the closest. Just because I could teleport, all my friends used me as their taxi. Ken grabbed Rachel’s shoulder and Anna grabbed Jen’s hand. If anyone saw us, we would look extremely odd. I glanced around to make sure no one was around. I concentrated, closing my eyes. I opened my eyes and we were standing in the far end of the car park.

“I hope no one saw that.” I glanced around. I thought I saw a person running behind a nearby car. I went over to have a look, I could have sworn I heard footsteps, but there was no one there. “Huh.” I muttered.

“Hey guys.” Mike walked over to us, he had been waiting at the entrance with Issam, they both were drinking milkshakes.

“Thanks.” I said, reaching out to grab the milkshake but he quickly put it behind his back.

“I knew you were going to do that.”

I rolled my eyes. “That’s not fair, that’s using your powers for personal gain.” Mike had precognition.

“It’s plenty fair.” He replied. We all started to walk home when I saw a shortcut through the construction site.

“Hey, how about we cut across the construction site?” I said to the others.

“Can’t you just teleport us home?” Ken asked.

“Man you guys are lazy! We can walk you know.” I rolled my eyes at them. Even though it was getting slightly dark, I still just wanted to walk.

“Hey, who’s that?” Mike asked. “What’s that light?”

In this distance, there was a strange light. It looked like lightning, but it was summer and it was good weather.
“Hey, I know that guy.” Mike said as we walked closer.

“Yea, I think I do too.” I replied. “He went to school with us, right, he was the year below us? Tyler right?”

“I think so.”

“Hey, Tyler!” I said loudly.

“Who are you?” He asked.

“You were doing that, weren’t you? The lightning?”

“Don’t know what you’re talking about.” He shrugged.

“Tyler, who are you talking to?” Two other guys came walking towards us.

“No-body, I was just leaving.”

Suddenly everything went quiet. There was wind blowing the trees a second ago, but now nothing moved. I looked up in a tree, seeing a squirrel frozen in time.
“What’s going on?” I asked. I realised there was a girl standing next to Tyler who wasn’t there before. “Who are you?”

“I could ask you the same thing.” She replied. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, and instead I introduced myself and the rest of the group.

“Well I’m Tyler.” Tyler said. “This is Estelore, Tim and Nehal.”

“Now, which one of you can stop time?” I asked.

“You didn’t do it?” Mike asked me.

“No, it wasn’t me.”

IT WAS ME.

A voice came from everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

“What’s going on?” Rachel asked.

Tyler was forming a ball of electricity in the palm of his hand, Anna was getting ready to freeze the owner of the voice, and Jen had a fireball ready to throw.

NO, TYLER, ANNA, JEN. THERE IS NO THREAT.

“He knows your names!” I hissed.

DO NOT BE AFRAID. I WILL APPEAR IN A PHYSICAL FORM YOU CAN UNDERSTAND.

The air in front of us shimmered oddly, and the air seemed to open. Suddenly a boy was standing in front of us.
“I am an Ellimist.” He said, speaking with a normal voice.

“Um, Don’t you go to my school? And isn’t your name Adam?” Tyler asked.

Adam nodded.

“So what do we call you? The Ellimist?” Rachel asked.

“No. Call me Adam if you wish. My father, he is The Ellimist.”

“Riiight that makes perfect sense.” Tyler said sarcastically.

“I’ve come to tell you something important.”

“You’re not about to tell us you’re from the future, right?” Issam asked, raising an eyebrow.

“How about you tell us who and what you are, let’s start with that.” Jen said.

“You cannot begin to understand what I am.”

“What do you need to tell us?” I asked. “What do you want with us?”

“I want you to decide”

“Decide what?”

“The fate of your race. The fate of the human race.”

“Thats all? Just the fate of the human race? Don’t you have anything more challenging for us?” Tim asked.

“We do not interfere with the private affairs of other beings-“

“I call this interfering.” I said.

Suddenly, without warning, he did it again. He opened space again. Suddenly we werent in the construction site anymore.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 04:08:10 AM by SuperClaire »
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Nomad Frog

• Wanderer
  • God
  • I Am Iron Frog
Re: [Fic/Crossover] The New
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 10:57:22 AM »
Haha!  Classic, Claire.... good job :)
Not all who wander are lost

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 02:48:35 PM »
Great first post Claire! I can't wait to see how our characters develop (especially mine!)  ;)

So are we going to be able to use our powers when in morph? I guess we shouldn't be able to, but it would be cool if my character could predict his opponent's move in a fight or something...
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 03:01:33 PM »
This is great Claire. Awesome.
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 03:16:02 PM »
sweet, im comic relief haha

this is awesome, keep it up

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 07:26:10 PM »
I'd love it if we could keep our powers in-morph. An invisible Polar Bear = Bwa-ha-ha-ha!!
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Tyler

• Evil Kit Clown from Space
  • God
  • I'll kill you all!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 07:37:22 PM »
No way, that's unrealistic. The whole superpowers thin gin HEROES is all about genetics. And you take on a different genetic code when you morph. So it would make sense that you couldn't use your powers in-morph.
I am eternal. I am the Eater of Worlds.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 07:40:54 PM »
Thanks Tyler. I was thinking about how cool it'd be, but seeing a bull run around shooting electricity out of its horns? like, what the hell :P It'd be a bit weird, ya know?

Glad you guys like it :)

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 08:20:04 PM »
No way, that's unrealistic. The whole superpowers thin gin HEROES is all about genetics. And you take on a different genetic code when you morph. So it would make sense that you couldn't use your powers in-morph.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. As much as I'd like to see my character predicting his opponent's moves in a fight, it wouldn't make sense for us to have animals shooting fire at Hork-Bajir or anything like that.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 08:20:55 PM »
That would be weird...er than it should be.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 08:52:54 PM »
Chapter two
The discovery

“Hey, is that me?” Anna asked, pointing.

“What are you showing us?” Mike asked.

THE DAY YOU DISCOVERED YOUR TALENTS

“How-“Nehal began to ask.

WATCH

It was so weird, we had been standing in the middle of a construction site, and now in the middle of  Burger King. Crew were walking past us like we werent even there.

“That’ll be 5.95” Anna’s voice rung out.

“Thats not me, I swear.” Anna said, looking embarrassed.

“Looks like you.” I whispered back to her, nudging her with my elbow.

“Well I quit, I don’t work here anymore.”

“Ssshh guys.” Ken said quietly.

“Anna, can you go to the freezer, get a box of fries?” Someone asked Anna. She was dressed in her Burger King outfit, it was pretty funny.

Anna sighed. “But I hate the cold! Alright, I’ll do it.” She walked off into a separate room. We didnt even need to move, because suddenly we were in the freezer room too. I didnt see how we could all fit in the room, but somehow we did.

“Hmm, is the freezer even working? It’s not that cold in here.” Anna asked to herself. She went over to the thermostat, which was  the right temperature. She shrugged, and picked up a box of fries, walking out of the freezer. We followed again, we were back near the front counter.

“Anna, aren’t you cold?”

“No, why?” She answered.

The girl in front of Anna pointed. Anna’s hand was covered in ice, frozen.

There was a huge flash of light, and suddenly we were gone.

“I’m just going to the mall!” Nehal yelled. We were out the front of his house, he was just leaving.

Nehal walked outside, it was sprinkling lightly with rain. “I hate the rai-“ He said, but the rain suddenly stopped. “Right.”
We appeared in the shopping centre, without moving. Nehal was now leaving the shopping centre, a bag in his hand with the milk inside. It was raining again.

“Stupid rai-“  He began to say. The rain stopped again. “That’s weird.” The wind blew a five dollar note from Nehal’s hand. “Stupid wind!” The five dollar note stopped blowing away, and became still. Nehal shook his head. “Oookay.”

There was another flash of light, and we were now at the video store nearby my house.

I saw me browsing through DVD’s and Issam walk by with a stack of DVD’s in his hands. Ah I remembered this. I walked straight into Issam, knocking the DVD’s out of his hands.

“Oh, sorry! I didn’t see you there!” I said, but there was no reply. “Um, hello?” He wasnt moving, just paused. I looked at the DVD’s, they were floating in the air. “What the? Did I just freeze time?” And then suddenly he moved, the DVD’s fell to the floor, scattering everywhere. I was staring with my eyes wide.

“You alright?” Issam asked me.

“Sorry.” I finally said. “I didn’t see you there.”

“It’s fine.” He replied. He looked at the DVD’s.

“Want some help?” I asked.

“Sure, why not.”

I bent down and picked up a couple of the DVD’s. Issam reached out, about to pick up a movie when it zoomed into his hand.
“Did you just see that?” Issam whispered.

Another flash of light and we were standing in Ken’s bedroom, he was sitting on his bed listening to music and reading a book.
“Ken!” His brother rushed into the room. He waved his hands to get Ken’s attention.

“What is it?” Ken asked, taking the earphones out of his ears.

“Don’t worry about it.” His brother said, and started to leave.

“Mum got me what for my birthday?” Ken said.

“Huh? I didn’t say anything.”

“Yes, you did. You just said that Mum got me a video camera for my birthday!”

“I didn’t say a word. How’d you know that?” His brother asked, looking confused.

Another flash of light.

We were in a school classroom, filled with computers. Tyler was sitting at the back of the class, talking to friends.
“There’s something wrong with my computer” A guy next to Tyler said.

“You tried turning it on?” Tyler said, reaching over and pressing the button.

“Yea.” The other guy said. “Can you help me fix it?”

“Why can’t you do it?” Tyler asked, but he grabbed the cord, making sure it was plugged in correctly. A small amount of electricity came out of his hand and hit the power point. There was a bang and the computer started hissing, electricity shooting through the air.

Another flash of light.

We were now standing in the middle of a busy road, near a zoo/amusement park called The Gardens. Mike walked past, stopping at the zebra crossing, and pressing the button for the lights. Rachel happened to stop at the same lights, looking as if she was about to cross the road.
Rachel stepped out onto the road.

“Watch out!” Mike yelled, running over to her, and pulling her back off of the road.

“What the heck?” Rachel said. A second later a car zoomed past the two of them. “How did you know that car was coming?”

“I don’t know.”

Rachel looked down at her watch. “Oh crap I’m late, I gotta hurry.” She ran across the road, really, really fast. She stopped on the other side. “What just happened?”

Another flash of light

We were at Jen’s house, Anna was rushing through the door.

“Jen, Jen, you’re not going to believe this!” Anna said.

“What is it?” Jen asked. She was cooking something over the stove.

Anna sat down, looking out of breath. Jen looked back at the pot on the stove, turning the heat down. Suddenly the fire flickered higher, out of control.

“Jen, you’re on fire!” Anna shouted.

“I am?” She asked, looking down at her hand, there was fire surrounding it, yet nothing was burning.

Another flash of light and we were in the city.
Tim was walking along, trying to move out of the way of people coming in the opposite direction, of course none of them moved for him.
“Sorry” Someone mumbled, bumping into Tim.

“That’s it.” He said, and he started to walk, not getting out of the way of anyone, he bumped into a tall man but walked straight through him. “What the heck?”

“Hey!” The tall man said angrily.

Tim ran for it, running into people but just passing straight through.

Yet another flash of light.

We were in the city still, but a different part.
Estelore was sitting on a chair at Starbucks. A guy ran past, grabbing Estelore’s schoolbag.
“Hey!” She yelled, running after him. She easily caught after him as he turned down an alley way. She kicked him in the shins and he fell down.

She began to walk away, but the guy got up to follow. Estelore turned back to look.

“Give me your money!” The guy said.

Estelore rolled her eyes, until he pulled a knife out of his pocket. Estelore looked shocked, and then disappeared.

“What the hell?!” The guy raged. “Where’d you go?”

One more flash of light, and we were back to the construction site.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 04:08:52 AM by SuperClaire »

Offline Nomad Frog

• Wanderer
  • God
  • I Am Iron Frog
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 09:04:01 PM »
Ooh, very dramatic :)
Not all who wander are lost

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 09:06:11 PM »
That was really good. My part was actually something that could happen...Kind of something that did happen, too...Weird.

But, yeah. Great job.

Offline Tyler

• Evil Kit Clown from Space
  • God
  • I'll kill you all!
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 09:13:29 PM »
I blew up a computer. ^-^
I am eternal. I am the Eater of Worlds.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 09:15:58 PM »
Nice. I kicked butt. I actually DO take karate, and the eye-roll was perfectly timed.
You have no IDEA how true-to-life that was. There actually HAS been, in my REAL life, an incident of backpack-grab and shin-kick. The eye-roll in THAT case was due to the fact that I don't carry any substantial money on my person, EVER, 'cause I know how easy it is to lose it. I'd definitely be in a Starbucks for a Vanilla Bean Frappucino, (the ONLY good thing there, and definitely the BEST!!) so everything about me has been astonishingly plausible.

Claire, are you psychic?
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time