Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 234872 times)

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #2715 on: March 11, 2019, 10:50:28 PM »
If it's the same species It'd work
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline Quaf

• Andre, the seventh animorph
  • Gold Donor
  • be excellent to each other and party on dudes
« Reply #2716 on: March 12, 2019, 03:54:26 AM »
I meant with one species - a situation in which, for example, you would find a tiger with really strong jaws and then a different one with abnormally swole legs and mix them.  Bad example, but you get the picture.

Yeah I get you and I don't know nearly enough about DNA to be confident in this, but I think all that sort of stuff is due to the environment rather than genetics.

Actually the more I think about this the more it falls into 'the fine rules of morphing that are kind of contradictory throughout the series but there's a war going on so we'll ignore them'. Like when they all demorph: why does rachel keep her pierced ears (shouldn't it be an 'injury'?) and how does their hair all stay the same  (I think marco once commented about his haircut idk).

See, I justified those things by thinking morphing is as much a psychological thing as it's physical- you have to concentrate on the animal and picture it in your head to morph. So then why wouldn't the animorphs be able to 'picture' a more muscular animal with sharper teeth, longer claws, etc? Then you don't even need to 'mix' the DNA like Ax and Elfangor did.

Not sure if that trainwreck of my thoughts made any sense
Well, I'm the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mr. Big. The Godfather. Lord of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws. I forgot the question quite a while back. Who are you, again?

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #2717 on: March 12, 2019, 05:33:16 PM »
No, those made sense.  But going back to the first point, while muscular strength is definitely partially based on how you treat your body, some people are born stronger than others.  But

edit: oops that was really big
yeah

Offline yrkd88

« Reply #2718 on: March 13, 2019, 04:18:55 AM »
Piercings, tattoos, worn hymen, circumsion. All that should be corrected with morphing.

I wonder though what would happen if a morpher had a peacemaker or stents/surgical pins in them? Would it be safely stowed in Z-space and returned in working order after remorphing? Perhaps that is another contraindication for the technology aside from just allergy to it.

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2719 on: March 14, 2019, 03:40:07 PM »
If leotards and bike shorts can go to Z Space, Pacemakers being inside your body definitely can. I feel like stuff like small earings, tattoos, nail acrylics, and hair cuts could be saved too given the logic of the skin tight clothing. The series is a little inconsistent with the details but imo based on what we do see in the series, when it comes to morphing things that aren't part of genetic code, you have to actively imagine it forming with the rest of your body? Like, Rachel in 2 mentions imagining a certain haircut while she morphs, and not liking it because it's uneven at the bottom.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 03:44:41 PM by Dylan »
Waffles. Nuf' Said.

Offline Quaf

• Andre, the seventh animorph
  • Gold Donor
  • be excellent to each other and party on dudes
« Reply #2720 on: March 15, 2019, 05:42:41 AM »
On a completley different note, it took me a good year to understand Ax’s gag of watching “these messages” idk if it was a decade thing or a country thing but i have never seen ads introduced like that in my life. I used to think it was a popular American tv show

Similarly it took until 3 years ago to realise that “Mickey d’s” from the saddle club books was in fact McDonald’s and not an obscure milkshake place.
Well, I'm the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mr. Big. The Godfather. Lord of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws. I forgot the question quite a while back. Who are you, again?

Offline yrkd88

« Reply #2721 on: March 16, 2019, 04:53:39 AM »
If leotards and bike shorts can go to Z Space, Pacemakers being inside your body definitely can. I feel like stuff like small earings, tattoos, nail acrylics, and hair cuts could be saved too given the logic of the skin tight clothing. The series is a little inconsistent with the details but imo based on what we do see in the series, when it comes to morphing things that aren't part of genetic code, you have to actively imagine it forming with the rest of your body? Like, Rachel in 2 mentions imagining a certain haircut while she morphs, and not liking it because it's uneven at the bottom.

Makes sense, as the morphing technology essentially reads skintight spandex as if it were actual skin. Though maybe i'm mis-remembering as it's been awhile, but I thought Rachel was trying to get her old hairstyle back to the way it was before she cut it. Only it didn't work, and her current hair kept coming back each time. It wouldn't let her correct her uneven hair until it grew out naturally.

On a completley different note, it took me a good year to understand Ax’s gag of watching “these messages” idk if it was a decade thing or a country thing but i have never seen ads introduced like that in my life. I used to think it was a popular American tv show

It was very stereotypical of old American television (especially in the '80s). Though I don't personally recall them doing that much in the later '90s when Ax would have been watching; and it's certainly something you don't see anymore now. 'We will return after these messages....'

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #2722 on: March 20, 2019, 05:59:20 PM »
I have at least 1 concrete memory of Rachel saying she'd gone for a run.
Who the hell when for morning jogs in middle/high school, especially gymnasts?
Don't you start that in college when you're no long forced to do anything physical and have to combat the looming horror that is aging?
- sincerely,
Went for a run today
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
« Reply #2723 on: April 07, 2019, 07:58:25 PM »
I have friends who sometimes run in the mornings.  I myself only do it after school during the week.
yeah

Offline .: Asmo

• Elder One
  • Xtreme Member
  • :(){ :|: & };:
    • Some Name Space
« Reply #2724 on: April 28, 2019, 03:33:37 AM »
I would go for runs just to get out of the house on the weekends.
.: Asmodeus
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
Sole Zombie Apocalypse Survivor 2012/2014/2015
James Bond Villain 2013/2014/2015
Most Likely Harbinger of Armageddon 2014
Best RAFian Superhero/Sidekick (or Supervillain/Minion) Duo 2014

Offline MoonKent

« Reply #2725 on: April 30, 2019, 03:28:31 PM »
Re: things like haircuts and pierced ears:

My headcanon for that sort of thing is that the morphing takes a genetic 'photograph' of the body every two hours, and it is that 'photograph' that it demorphs to. So, if Rachel loses a chunk of hair just before going into battle morph, she would demorph with it fully intact after. So pierced ears and haircuts are part of the initial 'photograph'. This would also explain how someone gets trapped as a nothlit. The morphing nanotech takes its updated genetic photograph at the two-hour mark, and the morphed form now takes over as the default.

It's not a perfect explanation, it doesn't explain how James' body could have been fixed by morphing, but I thought it a good place to start.

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2726 on: May 03, 2019, 08:06:17 PM »

My headcanon for that sort of thing is that the morphing takes a genetic 'photograph' of the body every two hours, and it is that 'photograph' that it demorphs to. So, if Rachel loses a chunk of hair just before going into battle morph, she would demorph with it fully intact after. So pierced ears and haircuts are part of the initial 'photograph'. This would also explain how someone gets trapped as a nothlit. The morphing nanotech takes its updated genetic photograph at the two-hour mark, and the morphed form now takes over as the default.

It's not a perfect explanation, it doesn't explain how James' body could have been fixed by morphing, but I thought it a good place to start.
Having reread a few of the books, I think there's suppose to be a little bit of active choice when it comes to demorphing.  You can want your piercings and tattoos to come back when you demorph, but not your life altering accident that caused the loss of your legs
Waffles. Nuf' Said.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #2727 on: May 04, 2019, 08:26:43 PM »

I freaking love this theory and I'm not even sure why.  It just feels like, "yes, this is how nothlits work, this makes sense to me" in a way no other morph-time-limit explanation has done.

Offline MoonKent

« Reply #2728 on: May 06, 2019, 08:52:31 AM »
Oh, thank you! I don't remember how I came up with it, but it was back when I spent hours trying to figure out how all the details of everything would work; even trying to come up with explanations that would explain all the KASUs. Some things I gave up on, but one I was pretty happy with.

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2729 on: May 07, 2019, 11:18:44 AM »
It is day 187263890 and we still have no proper adaption of the series ScHOLAsTic iM wAITiNg
Waffles. Nuf' Said.