Author Topic: So, uh... (morphing vampires)  (Read 2572 times)

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
Re: So, uh... (morphing vampires)
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 02:26:12 PM »
At least Jake and Marco anyway, lol. And not so much discuss but more like playfully argue over, lol

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
  • Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 03:53:45 PM »
eh, that's contradicted. In #18, they morph mosquitoes in order to get the blood so they can acquire it (eg, dead tissue) but then in MM2 they can't acquire the T-Rex that Ax killed so they can have a thrilling action scene acquiring a live one. I'm convinced that if someone wanted to write fic with this (I think Visser Zero already has, actually), you could definitely make it work, depending on what detail from this canon and what vampire canon you pick.

vampires are in essence, dead things (you know, the actual ones from lore, not the glowing HE-MAN male models that twitlight is trying to sell them as). you try to morph one and you may lack the mystical component that keeps vampires active.

the T-Rex was alive once and thus was once a living animal and is prefect viable to morph. namely because it isn't supernatural..
Cannibals are seriously messed up
[17:05:27] Reiyn: Shock's tact and diplomacy is unparalleled.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
Quote from: K.A. Applegate
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 12:33:35 PM »
Dear God, are we seriously going to go by the definitions that Stephanie Meyer laid out for us?
The woman blatantly said she never did any research on vampires and werewolves and just pulled it out of the part of her where the sun don't shine.

I don't think you could morph the undead for the aforementioned reasons, but you could totally morph a werewolf, since they are humans with a transformative disease.
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 08:06:16 PM »
Oh, about werewolves... Zaprow made me think about something, maybe it's stupid but...
"A transformative disease"... Would it be like the natural morphs? I mean, Cassie could change back to Human after she became a butterfly. So if somebody morphs a lycanthrope, and then is trapped. Will he be free to morph again in the next full moon? And if we follow this rule, then the nothlit would be able to demorph during each full moon, don't you think?
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline powertrash

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 11:53:43 PM »
A transformative disease isn't the same thing as natural metamorphosis. If you morphed a werewolf, would you just get the human--cause the obtained(?) disease isn't part of the dna?
Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.
[G.K. Chesterton]

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 12:42:34 AM »
Yeah probably
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 09:01:29 AM »
If the person was turned into a werewolf by some kind of bizarre disease or curse, then it wouldn't work. If they were born a werewolf (or becoming one altered their DNA) then it would work.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 05:33:25 PM »
But if you transform into a werewolf, wouldn't your DNA also change as well?

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 09:40:34 PM »
Technically yes, but it really depends on how the transformation works. If it's supernatural then it's unlikely that the morphing technology could work with it.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 12:40:10 AM »
Technically yes, but it really depends on how the transformation works. If it's supernatural then it's unlikely that the morphing technology could work with it.

again depends. right now, there are 2 different type of werewolves in pop culture.

1. the ritual transformation: the moon goes full, the ****er goes crazy, grows hair, and goes on a killing spree. anyone trying to morph a werewolf at that stage would either end up dead or stuck as the werewolf anger would simply overwhelm him/her. (werewolf in londen)

2. the choicer. the werewolf chooses to go into this form and still has control but still wants to kill everyone (the howling, Dog Soldiers). you can try to do this one but then again, it's highly unlikely that a werewolf will stay still long enough to get it and you still have to deal with the instinct to kill everyone..
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 12:48:31 AM »
There's also the third option, the one that once you get bitten, it takes until the next Full Moon for your transformation t be complete and once you transform into a werewolf then, you are perminitly stuck in that form, ala Ginger Snaps.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 07:20:46 AM »
I definitely should watch Ginger Snaps, The Howling movies and American werewolf movies >_<
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2010, 09:46:04 AM »
I say skip the Howling movies, at least all after the first one. They're all horrible and have nothing to do with each other. But the first one is decent, although a tad boring. The American Werewolf series is good though, and Ginger Snaps is great. My second-favorite movie series behind Jurassic Park.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 02:07:29 PM »
Thanks Slushie ;)
In fact, when I'll have finished my vampire movies, I'll probably watch a lot of werewolf and zombie movies :P I already took Ginger Snaps, American werewolf in London (may in Paris too, not sure) and some Howling movies.
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 03:21:57 PM »
There's also the third option, the one that once you get bitten, it takes until the next Full Moon for your transformation t be complete and once you transform into a werewolf then, you are perminitly stuck in that form, ala Ginger Snaps.

i've thought about it but it would seem to be the ritual thing all over again..

i've seen ginger snaps and while i love the plot of it, i hate the werewolf model/design with a passion..  :P

the thing looks more like a were-naked mole rat than a werewolf..