Author Topic: So, uh... (morphing vampires)  (Read 2511 times)

Offline powertrash

So, uh... (morphing vampires)
« on: February 03, 2010, 01:28:51 AM »
I was going to blame this on Twilight, but in truth, I am just so obsessed with Buffy that I can't not think about this ****.

Hypothetically, if supernatural creatures were real, could you morph them? Is vampire DNA different from human DNA? What if you morphed a werewolf on the full moon? Would you change? Could you morph a zombie?

/super lame
Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.
[G.K. Chesterton]

Offline anijen21

Re: So, uh... (morphing vampires)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 01:41:12 AM »
well according to twilight, vampires and werewolves have different numbers of chromosomes than humans, so I guess they're just different species.

but none of it is real so you can justify it any way u want
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline Agent 128

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 02:42:44 AM »
As long as it's based on DNA, it can be morphed, so I'm thinking yes.

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 09:14:22 AM »
Vampires and zombies, I'm not sure of as they are essentially dead. Plus, not sure about vampires, but zombies would have the exact same DNA as the person they used to be so if anything you'd probably just morph into the living person - remember, absorbing DNA doesn't absorb injuries so you diffinitly wouldn't be able to morph a zombie and even a vampire I find iffy.

A werewolf however could be possible as that is an entirely different, living, creature that the person changes into. I'd say 'Nay' on Vampire and Zombie but 'Yay' on Werewolf. But that's just my personal belief.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 11:26:37 AM »
I agree with Slushie that you shouldn't be able to morph something that's undead. In the case of Vampires, the blood running through their veins is not their own anyway. Werewolves should be fine because they aren't undead.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 02:38:22 PM »
What a stupid question ^^'
lol sorry ;)

Anijen, [spoiler]just to tell you... There is no werewolf in Twilight (we don't see them, to be exact...).[/spoiler]

Except that... I think morphing a (un)dead wouldn't be a good idea. And morphing a werewolf would be dangerous. But the best way to know... would be to try ;)
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
  • Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 02:57:39 PM »
I was going to blame this on Twilight, but in truth, I am just so obsessed with Buffy that I can't not think about this ****.

Hypothetically, if supernatural creatures were real, could you morph them? Is vampire DNA different from human DNA? What if you morphed a werewolf on the full moon? Would you change? Could you morph a zombie?

/super lame

Vampires are supernatural dead things that need human blood to continue their existance. so no morphing could not happen.
Cannibals are seriously messed up
[17:05:27] Reiyn: Shock's tact and diplomacy is unparalleled.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
Quote from: K.A. Applegate
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 06:35:03 PM »
It all depends on what "type" of Vampire you're talking about, as not all fiction describes Vampires as dead. However, assuming that they were indeed dead, it would be impossible to morph them (it was never explained why exactly, but it was made clear that you couldn't acquire a dead animal).
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline anijen21

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 06:39:16 PM »
eh, that's contradicted. In #18, they morph mosquitoes in order to get the blood so they can acquire it (eg, dead tissue) but then in MM2 they can't acquire the T-Rex that Ax killed so they can have a thrilling action scene acquiring a live one. I'm convinced that if someone wanted to write fic with this (I think Visser Zero already has, actually), you could definitely make it work, depending on what detail from this canon and what vampire canon you pick.
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 08:07:32 PM »
(super-)Natural shape changing and morphing should interact in interesting ways; the butterfly morph is our only cannon example.

Would make good fanfic if I could get my writing skills up to grade.
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Tocade since Dec '08.

VisserZer0

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 09:05:18 PM »
eh, that's contradicted. In #18, they morph mosquitoes in order to get the blood so they can acquire it (eg, dead tissue) but then in MM2 they can't acquire the T-Rex that Ax killed so they can have a thrilling action scene acquiring a live one. I'm convinced that if someone wanted to write fic with this (I think Visser Zero already has, actually), you could definitely make it work, depending on what detail from this canon and what vampire canon you pick.
I haven't really given much thought into them morphing the vampires/werewolves but this topic kind of gives me some motivation to try. By the way, thanks for my first review ever.  :)

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 12:22:45 PM »
Other stupid question for cross-over: If you morph Sylar, would you have the powers he took from other people?

Oops sorry, it's off-topic ^^'

Phoenix is right: a vampire who is in fact a mutant, I don't see why it wouldn't work. But Dracula or other dead vampires... you can't really do it.
In Animorphs, (I don't really remember who it happens but) maybe in #18 they thought they could do it, and in MM2 they saw that in fact they couldn't, and if they tried in #18 it wouldn't work...?
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline powertrash

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 03:00:33 PM »
I did only watch up to s3 of heroes, but we never do find out how Sylar takes the other's powers, do we? So it would depend on if he was able to incorporate them into a part of his DNA or if they were just...something else.

What if they tried to morph the Ellimist?
Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.
[G.K. Chesterton]

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 03:50:03 PM »
What if they tried to morph the Ellimist?

Well that's really a different topic, but I would assume not. The Ellimist no longer has a physical body, therefore it's highly unlikely he can be acquired.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline alaois

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 07:33:03 PM »
...may be a stupid question, but it's exactly the type of thing the real animorphs would've discussed lol.