Author Topic: Genie's Drabbles  (Read 970 times)

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
Genie's Drabbles
« on: January 29, 2010, 10:05:37 PM »
So... I need to do more writing. And I miss Animorphs fanfiction. So I'll try to post drabbles when I get ideas. XD For the moment, I have a couple older ones I did:

Title: Untitled (for now)
Characters: Loren, and technically speaking, Tobias. (very technically speaking.)

A baby.

Loren smiled to herself as she left the doctor's office. She could hardly believe that they--she and Alan--Elfangor--were going to have a baby. She gave a little twirl as she reached her car. She couldn't remember ever feeling so giddy. She was already imagining what the future would be like; going to the park, playing with their child--a little girl, maybe, with bouncing curls and a sweet, toothless grin. Or maybe a little boy, laughing mischeviously up at them.

Loren sat in her car for a long moment, smiling wistfully at images that were coming to mind. Crazy, she thought, she couldn't possibly imagine what the future held. For all she knew, their child could be rebellious and prone to throwing tantrums, and... and...

She wouldn't think about that, she decided, smiling as she started the car. She would let herself bask in her fantasies for as long as she could.

Pulling out of the parking lot, she thought of Alan, sitting at home right that moment. She grinned, anticipating his excitement when she told him.

As she drove toward home, she thought over how she would tell him. As soon as she got home, she decided. Best not to make them both wait longer than necessary. She'd ask him about his day, to start. Yeah, that was good. When he'd finished, she'd tell him her news.

For the life of her, she couldn't imagine that he'd have anything more eventful happen to him.

Title: Going Home (for the "Past/Future challenge)
Characters: Alloran

He stood aboard the domeship Elfangor, watching as the planet loomed before him as the ship left its atmosphere. He thought it was more than a little ironic that the domeship that would finally take him home would be named after Elfangor, of all people.

Home. If he closed his eyes, he could still see the area where he had once called home--the trees, the grass, the kafit birds perching or soaring somewhere overhead, the scoop where he and his wife lived.

His wife. How many years had it been since he'd seen her last? Did she know he was coming? Did she long for him as he did her? Did she spend every waking moment thinking of him, wondering where and how he might be, as he had? Did she worry about what they might think of each other when they finally saw each other again, after all these years?

He could imagine her racing across the meadows, as they had so often done when they were still young, before the war came, before he had had to leave her. Was she happy? Did she miss him?

Watching as the domeship pulled away from Earth, readying for the jump into zero-space, War-Prince Alloran knew he was ready to finally return home.

Title: Innocence Lost
Characters: Erek

Blood. For the rest of his existence, whenever he recalled that night, he would remember the Blood. The way it dripped from the walls. The way it splattered against the ground as he did the unthinkable. The way it clung to his hands, never again to be wiped clean.

As he made his way home, screams of pain still echoing through his mind, he thought of why they'd done it. Was it really worth it? Had it all been worth the pain they'd caused? The pain he'd caused? Was it worth the Blood they shed?

Before that night, he would have been able to answer that question. Now... now he just didn't know.

He wasn't made for this sort of life. The violence. The Blood. The lives that were lost.

The innocence that was lost.

Challenge: Lost and Found
Characters: Rachel

I tapped my fingers impatiently on the counter at our school's Lost and Found. Of all the stupid, idiotic, demented things to do... "Hello?" I called, leaning over the counter. "Hellooo? Is someone here?"

A lanky, pimply-faced kid emerged from the back. "What?"

Great. I sighed impatiently. "Have you seen a blue box?"

The kid blinked at me. "A what?" I repeated myself. "What's it look like?"

I stared at him. He couldn't really be serious. "Uh... it's blue... and it's a box..."

He seemed to think for a moment. "Was kinda square?"

I closed my eyes. Patience, Rachel, I urged myself. "Yes."

"Was it kinda small?"

"Yeah."

"Do you get a kinda tingly feeling when you put your hand on it?"

I continued to stare at him, this time for an entirely new reason. Oh, crap. "Yeah..."

He was silent. Then, "Nope, sorry. Haven't seen it."

---

Watching as Rachel stormed out of the Lost and Found, Marco fiddled with the blue box behind the counter.

Offline anijen21

Re: Genie's Drabbles
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 12:02:27 AM »
lol I really like these!

I love all Alloran/Jahar fics so yours is definitely included in that, and ugh Loren sitting in the car after the doctor was kind of a punch to the gut. And lol that is definitely something Marco would do to Rachel, though I don't know why Rachel had the cube...

whatever, write more, these are fantastic :)
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 12:07:45 AM »
lol, she had it because I was trying to think of something for a "Lost and Found" prompt, and it was what I thought of. :P

But thank you! ^_^

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 01:56:40 PM »
Hey, these are good! Short, but with a bunch of emotional impact. If you come up with more, I would love to read them ^_^

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story