Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1510 times)

Offline gorilla_girl

Hello!
« on: June 28, 2008, 06:25:45 AM »
My name is gorilla_girl.

Just gorilla_girl.

And it's making me wonder what the heck I was thinking when I decided to join this forum .... Oh well, I love Marco. And I haven't had breakfast yet.  ;D

Anyway, I've been lurking here for the past day or two, after finally finishing my Animorphs book collection. The weirdest thing happened three weeks ago when I was walking through a mall and this guy was having a book sale. Ho boy, books! Yay! Mosied on over to the table and laid out before my wondering eyes was a most magnificent sight .... ALL of the Animorphs Series, including Chronicles. I picked up another copy of The Alien because my old copy had literally disintegrated in the bathtub. And since I'm older and more acceptable to change, I picked up The Beginning. Well .... Hm. After years of actually being afraid to read the last book, I finished it within two hours (When I should have been studying for exams) and sort of felt a completeness. As if the whole world was a perfect, peaceful place. After twelve years I was finally done. So I've dug out all of the other books from the basement, and they are surprisingly nibble free. Except for Visser, which has a little bite out of the top page.

Currently re reading Andalite Chronicles.

Well I guess that's about it. :)

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 06:59:27 AM »
Mosied on over to the table and laid out before my wondering eyes was a most magnificent sight .... ALL of the Animorphs Series, including Chronicles.

*gasp* To witness such a sight would be more precious than all the money and all the women in the wor--wait a minute, I already own all the books! Still, it would be awesome to see Animorphs in stores again.

Also, "gorilla_girl"? That's such a 90's nickname. I love it! It's the perfect place for an Animorphs forum, haha ;D

Welcome to RAF :)

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 08:03:34 AM »
Welcome to RAF!  ;D
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 08:58:36 AM »
Welcome! Look forward to seeing you around.

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 08:58:45 AM »
lemme be the first to use the "welcome" smiley  :sign16: to RAF!!! have fun here!

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Richard

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • Richard's Animorphs Forum
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 11:36:49 AM »
Hello, and welcome aboard :)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 02:27:04 PM »
Welcome to our fit of mass hysteria! Would you like a striaght-jacket, or have you brought your own? If you'll just follow me, the rubber room is this way.... ;D
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline gorilla_girl

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 06:36:13 PM »