Author Topic: Product placement  (Read 3494 times)

Offline wolfev

Re: Product placement
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 02:02:12 PM »
Same as we have, but with more GREE-GREASE.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

esplin

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 02:10:26 PM »
lol like it needs anymore grease, i guess morphs cant get fat though :]

Offline Mongoose

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 03:13:41 PM »
Cause the chee weren't there to stop them.
Come on its capitalism, thats what happens, once the War in the books was over, there probably was a McDonalds on the Andalite home world.

I'm not sure about McDonalds, but they definitely opened a Cinnabon on the Andalite Homeworld. That's another brand name right there.
And in answer to your earlier question, I grew up in a small town in South Wales, we didn't have any fast food chains at all. And you know what, I consider myself lucky to have grown up somewhere like that.
You should never go in there without a mongoose. (James Bond, Live and Let Die)

Offline Kelly

• Gold Donor
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 07:52:44 PM »
I live in a country town so no maccas here haha. there's one like 30 min away though.
I thought it was cool KA mentioned mcdonalds and shopping centres and stuff in her books like that, coz yeah it does just make everything seem like something you can relate to.
"I always considered myself a loner. I mean, not like a poor-me, Byron-esque, I-should-have-broughta-swimming-buddy loner. I mean the sort of person who doesn’t feel too upset about the prospect of a weekend spent seeing no one, and reading good books on the couch. It wasn’t like I was a people hater or anything. I enjoyed activities and the company of friends. But they were a side dish. I always thought I would also be happy without them."

- Harry Dresden/Jim Butcher, Ghost Story.

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 08:11:40 PM »
I used to work at a McDonalds a long long time ago, when Animorphs was still running. The only thing that made it bearable to work there for the time that I did, was that I could pretend I was spying on them for the Animorphs (silly, I know :P). It was fun to imagine that there was a secret entrance in that store somewhere that led to the Yeerk Pool. And of course all the managers were evil because they were part of the conspiracy.

You don't know how many times I went into the walk-in-freezer looking for that secret door (I was 16, gimme a break :P)

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline wolfev

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2008, 09:42:13 PM »
So, did you ever get the secrete password? Also, has anyone ever asked for a happy meal with extra happy ?
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 11:07:08 PM »
LOL, someone did ask for it, but it was just my brother being an ass. He stopped finding it funny once he started working there too, and I kept asking him :P

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline ThermalRider

• Workin' Them Angels
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2008, 11:48:14 PM »
No, they mentioned Steve in TAC. The company was an ISP based on AOL, so I always thought it was supposed to be whoever actually invented the internet.

She mentions both Steve Jobs and Bill Gates in The Andalite Chronicles.

And I could definitely see a Cinnebon on the Andalite homeworld. They should be like starbucks and be on every corner. One can dream, eh?

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 06:45:57 PM »
I can understand some books that use fake names/products for legal reasons, or that they simply don't want to offend people. I do agree with KA in this case though, that writers should use genuine brand names wherever possible, as they are easier to relate to and prevent confusion.

However, KA actually used at least two fake names in the series. The name in book 12 has already been mentioned, but she also made up the name of the millionaire software designer in book 16. It is widely believed that this man was supposed to be Bill Gates.

I take it that KA didn't actually use the name Bill Gates for fear that he might sue her for implying that he was a cannibalistic parasitic alien from outer space?

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2015, 06:47:43 PM »
know how the french have diffrent stuff in their mc donalds? I wonder what kind of stuff the andalites would have

Grass!

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2015, 06:50:25 PM »
I used to work at a McDonalds a long long time ago, when Animorphs was still running. The only thing that made it bearable to work there for the time that I did, was that I could pretend I was spying on them for the Animorphs (silly, I know :P). It was fun to imagine that there was a secret entrance in that store somewhere that led to the Yeerk Pool. And of course all the managers were evil because they were part of the conspiracy.

You don't know how many times I went into the walk-in-freezer looking for that secret door (I was 16, gimme a break :P)

Did you ever attempt to join the Sharing so that you would be shown the magic door?