Author Topic: The Yeerk and Andalite Homeworlds.  (Read 5376 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
The Yeerk and Andalite Homeworlds.
« on: June 21, 2008, 07:49:23 PM »
Do the Andalites have the Yeerk Homeworld? Aftran in book 19, I think it was, said the Andalites would control the Yeerk Homeworld if they win, but I'm not sure if she meant they already do. Is it stated with absolute certainty the Andalites control the homeworld? I'm not sure. Not that it really matters, except maybe for fanfic writers.

Also, I know it's definitely stated that the Yeerks are on the Andalite Homeworld. Do you think they have nonsentient creatures infested there? I know Yeerks can infest horses, so it's not just sentient beings.

What do you think of these two things? I wanted to combine these two questions into one thread.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kagebutterfly

Re: The Yeerk and Andalite Homeworlds.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 10:20:50 PM »
The way I understand things is that the Andalites have a blockade around the Yeerk homeworld, I don't remember where in the series that is specificly stated, maybe the Chronicles or the series, but I know that its in there.
Yes in book #8 Alloran states that the Yeerks are on the Andalite homeworld now, but I believe that became a KASU because she NEVER did anything to advance that plot point along, she through it out the window, like Jake's thought speak in book #1... although there was that one Andalite officer in book #18 that was a traitor...

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 10:50:50 PM »
I always loved how Aftran was a "decent" Yeerk and that traitor Andalite whose name escapes me in #18 was an "indecent" Andalite, gotta love those shades of grey x3

I know it's mentioned a couple of times but I think in Visser Edriss mentions something about "taking back the pools that spawned us"...and I definitely remember the imagery of Andalite ships orbiting the Yeerk homeworld.  What's weird is that in #54 K.A. writes that some Yeerks contacted the homeworld and received orders to fight back after the Pool Ship was surrendered.  Maybe that's a KASU, since how the hell would the Yeerks on the homeworld have a way to contact people outside?  Maybe secretly?  The Council of Thirteen seems to be...someplace else, a ship or something, but that's never made clear. 

As for the Andalite homeworld, it's interesting to think of them infesting nonsentient species.  Even Visser Three has that one morph from one of the Andalite moons...what the heck was that thing, a madrut?  Did I make that up just now? XD;

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 11:03:50 PM »
no, you're right. the madrut is a creature from the oceans on one of the andalite homeworld's moons.
he also has a kafit bird.

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 06:35:33 AM »
The Yeerk probably have Andalites in their side... not necessarily hosts because Andalites will find it hard to conceal kandrona's in the Andalite homeworld... just like the traitor in number 18....  :)
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 07:50:26 AM »
I agree the Yeerk Homeworld thing might be KASU. We're led to believe that the Andalites may have the YHM blockaded, yet in 54 the Yeerks on Earth get orders from the home world.

Write it off as KASU, I guess. The fanfic writers can sway in whichever direction suits them.

It does kind of make sense for the Andalites to secure the Homeworld in the beginning of the war to prevent more escapes.

Ani-Master 2014!

esplin

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 08:41:18 PM »
the andalites might allow communication, or the yeerks might be sneakier then the andalites realise.  Not everything has to be a KASU, but this probally is.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 05:40:57 PM »
I can't remember which book off the top of my head, but I know it is mentioned at least once that the Andalites have a bunch of ships orbiting the Yeerk planet, ready to start blasting it at the first sign of trouble. Only a relatively small number of Yeerks escaped originally, but they then picked up approximately a quarter of a million Yeerks to store on board their stolen ship until more hosts could be found. We can therefore assume that most of the original Yeerk population was left behind on the planet.

Alloran did say in book 8 that they were on "the homeworld" but it is unclear what he meant by that. He could have simply been talking about the traitor introduced in book 18. Since it was never mentioned (even at the end of the series) that the Yeerks had made any attempts against the Andalite planet, we can assume that it was an exaggeration or a KASU. The Yeerks always planned to take the Andalite homeworld, but it is implied that would be their next goal after taking Earth, since Earth would have provided more than enough host bodies.

And Ax was stupid in book 18 for assuming that the Yeerks were invading his homeworld just because Visser Three morphed a Kafit bird. It was made clear in the Andalite Chronicles that many young Andalites in the military acquire Kafit birds, so Alloran probably acquired one years ago, as well as many of his other morphs that we see Visser Three using.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

esplin

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 02:03:17 PM »
yeah i assumed that, but i guess he got heated up in the moment, kinda like if someone from the other team was wearing your teams jersey as disrepect,

HEY GET OF MY ANDALITE ANIMALS YOU FILTHY YEERK!

*waves foam finger*

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 09:20:47 AM »
He was just psyching Ax.... :P plus the fact that Alloran mentions something about Yeerks in the Andalite Homeworld....
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

esplin

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 01:03:14 PM »
i mean i always thought V3 needed a bird morph and that happended to be the only one he had, i never thought he used it to make the andalite bandits mad

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 05:51:22 PM »
i mean i always thought V3 needed a bird morph and that happended to be the only one he had, i never thought he used it to make the andalite bandits mad

Maybe it was both. It could have been the only one, and he knew it would annoy the Andalite bandits.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 01:36:31 AM »

Maybe it was both. It could have been the only one, and he knew it would annoy the Andalite bandits.

This is what I think also, and also partially because I think it was an act of desperation at the same time (he thought was surrounded, it was probably the first thing that came to his mind). I'm doubtful that it was the only bird morph though.

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

esplin

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2008, 10:45:33 AM »

two birds with one stone ;]
had to do it

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 09:19:51 AM »
About DNA of animals from the Andalite planet(s), did you think about this:
Visser 3 has Alloran as host... Alloran had the morphing power before he became a host... so he already morphed before... and of course he needed DNA, so took the DNA he could find: DNA of animals from his own planet! Even Ax said that Kafit is one of the first morph Andalites try. So Visser 3 must use old DNA Alloran took at the beginning of the war...
In fact, what is strange is that Ax seems not having any morph from his own planet...
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum