Author Topic: Visser 3 =D  (Read 2764 times)

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
Visser 3 =D
« on: May 26, 2009, 02:57:06 PM »
ok so after a conversation liek 2 weeks ago with Zohrra about Visser 3 and Alloran
I came to a strange conclussion

Alloran as we know from AC was a bit Mad and we know he was not just angry. It was alot more than that and he knew it.

As we know Yeerks absorb a bit of teh seence of their host. We know this from book 6 how

So I was thinking that perhaps Visser 3 was a great leader. I mean he was a very smart guy if you see what he does in HBC. but by The time he is going after teh Animorphs his villain skills started to deteriorate horribly.
And he didn't make the connections in Months that Visser 1 made in liek 30 minutes.

so is it because he is using Alloran who was not nesesarily thinking strainght when he started to use him as a host. if he woudl have taken someone else leike Elfangor for example  <_< he woudl have been alot deadlier and smarter. than again if it had been Elfangor there would have been no Animorphs to begin with but that is another thing all together XD

===============================================

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Visser 3 =D
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 03:02:38 PM »
I believe a lot of V3's arrogance and sociopathy is because of Alloran. It could be a root cause. Of course, I think the main problem is a severe case of villain decay. Since V3 was used so often, he had to be made innefective for the sake of the Anis being able to win.

In the first books, his very presence made them tremble in fear. But that went away, until his presence wasn't much more than a small hindrance.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 03:48:11 PM »
that is very true. I just mean that storywise that could be a reason . I agree he was used to much. He depended way to much on force and didnlt think liek he used to when he was younger.
I woudl have liked it if he was only there to oversee tehefforts kind of liek Visser 1 was doing . just randomly show up sometimes not all teh time. have some bad sub Visser in charge. i mean Visser 1 ends up more dangerous than he is

Offline anijen21

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 04:15:52 PM »
a lot of the books, especially #8, talk about how "Visser Three" gave off this weird impression of evil, but once he bailed on Alloran, that evil was gone.
I go off topic on purpose.

Mira

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 05:41:56 PM »
Where is it said that Yeerks absorb a bit of the seence of their host?

Offline anijen21

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 09:34:39 PM »

Mira

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 10:22:42 AM »

esplin

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 11:26:02 AM »
I never thought of it like this, maybe its the combination of their personalities that made him the way he was.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 11:34:13 AM »
I agree about the over use, and I think they tried to make it up towards the end, Taylor and Tom and such, but I can't stand how outlandish he made his schemes in the middle
remove free will via burgers
An anti morphing ray (not saying it couldn't work, but comeon; just freaking shoot them already; so much easier)
use crippled andalites as hostages; please, in the beginning he would have, and I say this literally, eaten anyone at his mercy.
He went from being terrifying to a paradoy villian. At times it felt like a complete character transformation to me
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

esplin

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 11:37:47 AM »
Yeah they ruined what he could be, he always reminded me of the defeated scooby doo villian.

<I'll get you pestering andalite-bandits and your annoying hawk! GRAHAHHH!>

But I still loved him, :\

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 11:41:19 AM »
I agree with all of that, RYTX. And I believe the word you're looking for is parody.

The original Visser Three would have eaten Mertyl, used Gafinalin as a host for a subordinate for as long as possible, and then disgarded him as trash when his body gave out. The guy was like the Andalite terminator. Definitely would have been useful in a battle or two.

An anti morphing machine would have been more effective as a kind of field generator, than a beam. Like if they turned it on, and a fly came into the room, the morpher would be forced out just from being in the area. A bit more practical than a gleet biofilter, in some cases.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline EmberGryphon

• Dust from a Distant Sun
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 11:46:47 AM »
I agree about the over use, and I think they tried to make it up towards the end, Taylor and Tom and such, but I can't stand how outlandish he made his schemes in the middle
remove free will via burgers
An anti morphing ray (not saying it couldn't work, but comeon; just freaking shoot them already; so much easier)
use crippled andalites as hostages; please, in the beginning he would have, and I say this literally, eaten anyone at his mercy.
He went from being terrifying to a paradoy villian. At times it felt like a complete character transformation to me

I agree with this post!
(Especially the bolded bit. Come on, guys, you have DEATH-RAY GUYS. D=)

Esplin was my favorite, but near the middle I agree that he really, really loses that potency he had in the first handful of books.

I like the thought of Alloran being the root of a lot of Esplin's decay, though.

Offline anijen21

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 12:26:44 PM »

No I mean where in #6?

idk when jake was talking about his yeerk's previous hosts, and how they were a part of him now

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 01:01:36 PM »
I like the thought of Alloran being the root of a lot of Esplin's decay, though.

Yeah I mean I understand that the decay is from overuse but in the story itself  they wont come to that conclusion.  He was a great Villain for a while i guess Alloran eventually rubbed on him to much. At least that is what I like to think. It makes more seance than he just magically turned dumber and lost his strategy skills. Stuff like that doesn't just happen. It seemed to start as soon as he took Alloran

I mean Elfangor figured out the pattern in the Universe they created but he didn't until much latter. Esplin was a smart guy he could have figured it out sooner than Elfangor. Before this he has totaly made an almost flawless plan and tricked Elfangor. BUT as soon as he takes Alloran his strategy and reasoning skills fail.

Offline CrimsonRose15

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 03:03:15 PM »
Maybe the series was like a video game.  In the beginning, the Animorphs were on level 1 and Visser 3 was this big baddie.  But as the series goes on, the Animorphs get more experience and level up and Visser 3 is less of a threat.